Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Anything to Eat? ((Kumachan!!))  (Read 3192 times)

Anonymous

Re: Anything to Eat? ((Kumachan!!))
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:06 pm »
Axel sat up after the scan was done and nodded. "Alright." He looked up at the ceiling. He said, quietly, "I wonder what it's like to be able breathe normally..." He got off the table and started messing with his mask again. He pressed buttons and switched dials. Then, he began having a coughing fit. He moved much faster in fixing it now. He quickly put it back on after he finished, letting out a long breath, and said, "May I have something to drink? My throat kinda hurts after that cough.."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »
"Hopefully you will soon find out."
Again Morgan was smiling, and though it was somewhat similar to Tristan's penchant for smiling often, Morgan's was softer, warmer, almost fatherly in a way. Despite being a machine, he still put off an air of calm serenity, and like any good doctor was good at putting people at ease.
Once Axel began to work on his mask, Morgan sat down in front of what appeared to be a large computer consol, and as soon as he began typing, information began flitting across the holographic screens in front of him...images of Axel's insides, data about bone mass, moisture density in his muscles, and things as simple as blood type. A few soft buzzers sounded as things were flagged, Morgan's pale gray eyes reflecting the words and images as they flashed about in front of him, far faster than a human could follow.
"Hm? Oh, yes, my apologies I should have paid more attention..."
Morgan frowned and stood, taking the few strides necessary with his long legs to stand at Axel's side, the look on his face one of worry. Via his link to the others, he'd notified Holly to bring up something for Axel to drink, and she was already on her way up the stairs. Morgan had even instructed her to include a straw, should that make drinking it easier on Axel.
Holly arrived moments later and handed Axel a cool glass of liquid, probably juice, with a straw. From behind her came Tristan, looking a bit less energetic than usual, but on his feet.
"Master, are you sure you should be up already...?"
"I'm about to sit back down."
And that he did, flopping into the chair Morgan had just been siting at, and scanning over Axel's anatomical data.
"What's all this?"

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 12:31:10 pm »
Axel responded after sipping some of his drink through the straw. "Morgan did a scan of me to see what exactly was wrong with me." He coughed again, but more lightly this time. "I had my mask off Tristan; you were late." He said the last part in an amused way. "Sorry I touched your stuff again." He had another coughing fit. "I swear...only off for a minute....and already....it's hurting my breathing." He sat down on the table because it was nearest. "You know, If you can help me, you can see my face."

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 12:45:22 pm »
Tristan blinked at the screens full of medical notation and images, before glancing over his shoulder at Axel. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion Morgan promised to help him...? His sky blue eyes narrowed as he glanced at Morgan...whom promptly cleared his throat and looked away. Argh, I knew it! Ask me before you make these decisions, you hunk of scrap metal! Sheesh...
He then visibly twitched at Axel's next words.
"Oh shut it...next time I won't be late..."
He grumbled, crossing his arms and turning back around in the chair. Snorting lightly at the apology, Tristan poked at the keyboard some, flipping through the information leisurely.
"Guess I gotta get used to it, since you keep doing it. As long as nothing ends up broken, it's fine."

At the coughing fit, both Morgan and Tristan's worried gaze was back on Axel. That accute...? He didn't have his mask off for long, but already the affects are rather severe...hmm...and it seemed Tristan's natural curiosity made the decision on whether or not to help Axel for him. Although moments later and Axel was giving him further reason to do so.
"Well in that case, let's get started!"
Grinning again in his usual manner, Tristan set to work shuffling through the medical information, momentarily distracted from all else. Morgan chuckled softly and shook his head, before coming up to stand behind Tristan to scan the information as well.
"Just try not to neglect your own research master."
"As if I could. I've got a limited shelf life, after all."
Curious way of putting it...eheh....
"Hmm, red flags all over the place...what's up with the toxicity levels? Shouldn't he be on his deathbed by now? His tissues are practically dripping with it."
Tristan scratched at the back of his head, and then realizing how mussed it was, attempted to smooth his hair down as Morgan took a look.
"Perhaps he's built up an immunity?"

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 12:57:05 pm »
Axel grinned. "Thanks, Tristan. I guess I'll have to hold up my part of the deal...well, soon enough." He spoke up at the questioning of the toxins. "I can explain....you see, I don't know why, but I can stand pretty much any kind of toxic material. I could drink poison if I wanted to..." He shrugged. "Don't worry. The way it is, I can't spread it around the house or anything..."

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 01:10:41 pm »
"Oh..."
Tristan blinked at Axel a few times, one eyebrow arched, before turning back to look at the screens.
"Er, well, that's curious...guess we'll need to take blood and tissue samples, if you don't mind. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...with the way the Earth is, it was only a matter of time before people began to mutate more strongly to be able to handle the toxins everywhere. Interesting though...perhaps the mutation in your tissues is what caused your lungs to be hyper sensitive..."

The typing on the keyboard increased in speed and ferocity, as Tristan now had questions he wanted answered. He chuckled though as he paused to ponder that last bit.
"Well, we'll see. Your skin and sweat glands naturally try and release toxins built up in the body. You may actually be a lot more dangerous than you think. But there should be a way to help purge your body...though it'll probably have to be done regularly, since you body seems to store toxins naturally. I wonder...maybe you're like a giant air filter...if I put you in a toxic environment, would you eventually purify it as your body absorbed all the poisons?"
As Tristan spoke, Morgan went to Axel's side once again.
"Master, do not jump to wild conclusions or speculations until more testing has been done. Axel, if you don't mind, I'd like to take a sample from your arm."

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 01:21:07 pm »
Axel shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I would be a filter. Well, I guess I turned from a house slave into a test subject." He smiled behind the mask. Then, he offered his arm so that Morgan could take a sample. "So, Tristan, when is your curiosity going to get you and you just come over and take this mask off?" He said that in an amused way, coughing once more afterward.

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 01:32:41 pm »
Morgan gave Axel a sheepish smile at the test subject comment, but Tristan just snorted.
"Hey, you're the one that wanted help! And you're more a patient than a test subject, anyhow, heheh. You picked the right house to break into eh? Full of doctorbots and nursebots."
Morgan bowed slightly to Axel as the arm was offered to him, aiming for the vein at the underside of the elbow, where most blood is taken from people. Oddly enough, the needle came from Morgan's finger itself, and the blood drawing took no more than a tiny prick and a few moments of time. He then took a careful skin scraping, leaving a small patch of Axel's skin a bit pink, but that too did not cause much discomfort or take much time. Smiling, Morgan released Axel's arm before returning to Tristan to imput the data into the computers.

At Axel's quip, Tristan gave him an amusing look.
"What, you want me to jump you?"
Laughing, he simply shook his head and grinned.
"Nah, you've given me a much more interesting way of getting the mask off. All I gotta do is force your dna to give up it's secrets!"
He did love a challenge. And anyway, trying to 'jump' Axel, for all it's inuendo laden glory, was not a good idea...Tristan was still not as fast or as strong as Axel, after all! The indirect method would probably be his best bet, heheh.

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 01:50:50 pm »
Axel chuckled. "So, you've chosen the other way, huh?" He sighed. "You know, I've never had a chance to look at myself in the mirror, or at least my real face. At least, not that I remember." He started to cough again. "Can't....breathe.." He coughed loudly, and said, "Happens sometimes...don't worry...." It turned into yet another coughing fit. He fell onto the ground after a gasp for air. The problem was clear after he fell; part of the mask was loose. It was part of the breathing mechanism. It fell off; a metal part, and it rolled away. He tried to get it, and said, "Get....mask's...piece." He fainted from lack of oxygen. He wasn't going to die; he just had fainted. It was pretty obvious how it was supposed to go in; he had forgotten to tighten it correctly.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 02:04:59 pm »
"Well let's put it this way: I'm pretty sure you'd beat me in a wrestling match. Since I can't rely on my physical self, I'll just have to resort to using my brain, heheh. But seriuosly though...I can't imagine not knowing what my own face looks like. I hope you don't break any mirrors, heheh."
Okay, so he couldn't stay serious for very long...it just wasn't in his nature to get all solemn and grumpy, especially when things went horribly awry...

....as they did just moments later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Axel would awake to find himself in a proper bed this time, though it was so squishy as to nearly suck him in, covered in fuzzy blankets and pluffy pillows. He probably wouldn't recognize the room, as he hadn't really been in it before, but through process of elimation one would have to assume it to be Tristan's room.
There was the rustling of papers to Axel's left, where Tristan sat in his office chair, feet proped up on the bed as he leaned back some, shuffling through a packet of data. Not that one could tell just from looking at it, but it was more information about Axel, in some amazingly fine print that required Tristan to have his slim, rectangular glasses on. It seemed that sometime during Axel's unconsciousness, Tristan had finally cleaned up and gotten properly dressed; his hair was back in it's usual ponytail, and beneath his white lab coat was a thin dark grey sweater and a pair of black slacks...though he had a pair of slippers on instead of shoes. Hey, the name of the game was comfort!

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »
When Axel woke up, he sat up quickly, only to just sink back down to where he was before. He groaned quietly. "My head...ow.." It must have been from the previous lack of oxygen. He looked at Tristan. "Hey, Tristan..." He sighed. "God, I'm stupid. Sorry." He felt pretty damn stupid for screwing up like that. "Did you cheat and see my face?" He said the last part jokingly.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »
Tristan's blue eyes flickered up from the packet to Axel for just a moment as his guest sat up rather abruptly, but just as quickly as Axel was being sucked back into the bed, Tristan's eyes were returning to the fine print.
"Ow indeed. You passed out pretty hard."
Of course, Tristan and Morgan had fixed the problem pretty quickly, so Axel hadn't lost too many brain cells...
Flipping through a few more pages, Tristan finally sighed and set the packet down in his lap, the pen in his hand quickly finding it's way to his mouth, where he chewed on it thoughtfully. There was definitely something interesting going on with Axel's body...the toxin levels by themselves made that obvious. Amusingly enough, the word 'stupid' immediately snapped him out of his pondering, and he looked at Axel with both eyebrows arched and a grin on his face (despite the pen).
"Yeah well, it wasn't brilliant of you, that's for sure. But no real harm done, you're still alive with all limbs attached, so I'd say you're doing pretty good! Haha, and no, I didn't cheat. I was a little distracted with you passed out on the floor and all."
It was a little frightening how well he could talk around the pen...apparently pen-talking was a normal thing for him. Finally though, he removed it just to chuck it onto his desk, and then stood, the packet of data under his arm.
"Well since you're awake and coherent, I'm gonna go back to work. You can rest here some more if you want, I don't mind. Once I get some solid results, I'll let you know."
He gave Axel a mock-salute before taking his leave, eager to get back to his lab and all the anatomical information being analyzed on the computers.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25:39 pm »
Axel sighed, got up, and followed Tristan to the 'lab'. He was glad that Tristan wasn't angry with him for being stupid and screwing up. He watched Tristan and sighed. "You're really good at the stuff you do. Only thing I'm good at is designing weapons." He didn't sound satisfied. "By the way...I used to handle toxic waste in the city because it didn't hurt me...might explain where those toxins came from."

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
Having flopped back into the rollie chair in front of the computer consol, he didn't bother to look up even as Axel spoke.
"Well thank you, I do try. And hey, designing weapons isn't exactly easy."
Fingers that clearly knew their way around a keyboard flew over the keys, the light clatter filling the air as his blue eyes remained fixated on the screen buzzing with information.
"You gotta be proud of what you're good at. And if you're not, then just suck it up and find something else you're good at. And if you're not good at anything else, well, make yourself good at something else. Keep at it until you think you're gonna die, and if you survive the road there, you'll find that you've became skilled at it."
Despite the fact Tristan's mind was clearly on something far more intricate than their conversation, he'd managed to make a semi-understandable response. Then again, Axel had yet to see the true extent of his multi-tasking skills...skills that tended to border on the dangerous, depending on what exactly he was working on at the time.
Still typing like a fiend, he nodded slightly to the scrap of information Axel threw his way.
"I'm more interested in why it didn't affect you...the toxins of the Earth have always been a big issue, what with them being deadly and all. Your biology may hold the clues to helping us survive better in this poluted environment. But first, I gotta crack the code and force your body to give up it's secrets...."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal