Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: 'sup, dudes!  (Read 373 times)

Anonymous

'sup, dudes!
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:19:51 am »
Hey, there. The name's Kin, annnnd I think I recognize a few of you from other places, though you may or may not remember me. I used to talk a lot more than I do now. xD

In any case, I've been thinking of joining ever since RotE opened (and in SotE's case, since about 2001 or 2002), but I'm not sure if I ever got around to registering. I'm more into confined settings and tight, site-wide plotlines, and the high member count has always scared me away. So, uh, expect me to lurk around for a while before really doing anything -- I'm still a little intimidated.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I should put my currently nonexistent character, I'm open to ideas. In fact, I'd really appreciate suggestions, because I'm too indecisive on my own. xD I'm also open to roleplay offers or, well, anything, really.

S'nice to meet you all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: 'sup, dudes!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:54:28 am »
Hello there!
Most of the action goes on in Aedolis with the Pilots of course. We all keep trying to move some other areas up the exciting meter, like there's something that I put together in Teinar called Motorail which is kind of slowed down at the moment waiting of people to post but I keep trying to start smaller plots with it =)

Sidenote: Welcome! Don't be scared we're pretty darn fun most of the time. ^_^

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:00:33 am »
Hey, Kin.  Since 2001?  That's more patience than I've got.  Wow.  Anyway, you probably don't recognize me.  Or maybe you do; I have been here half a year.  Damn, this site's addictive.

First of all, I know I'd like to RP with you--I can tell already.  I was also a little intimidated by the sweeping setting when I first joined, and I also like to get some idea of a plot (making-your-own is also excellent, and people really tend to get involved).  I'll echo Kitsy and and affirm that Aedolis is definitely the place to be.  I'm pushing for some more setting info on Edanith (more groups to join, etc.) and Libra, but for now, yeah, I'd say Aedolis.  

Hit me up on PM or IM if you'd like.  I'm a big brainstormer, and I love to hear about new characters.  

Welcome to RotE!  I'm sure you'll have fun here.  

:)  Sam

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »
Hey there! I'd also really like to rp with you. :)

And as a member of the Bring The Plot Elsewhere movement (which I just invented just now!), I'd say if you want to make a Pilot okay, but have a character or two to liven up the rest of the forum! There's more going on that just Pilots!

I hope you get acquainted well enough to feel comfortable throwing out ideas. This place isn't that scary. :D

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:11:27 pm »
Hello there!
Most of the action goes on in Aedolis with the Pilots of course. We all keep trying to move some other areas up the exciting meter, like there's something that I put together in Teinar called Motorail which is kind of slowed down at the moment waiting of people to post but I keep trying to start smaller plots with it =)

Sidenote: Welcome! Don't be scared we're pretty darn fun most of the time. ^_^
Thanks, Kitsy! I'll try to, er, quell my fears? Or something. xD It looks like everyone agrees on Aedolis, but I'll keep an eye out on everything else too.

Hey, Kin. Since 2001? That's more patience than I've got. Wow. Anyway, you probably don't recognize me. Or maybe you do; I have been here half a year. Damn, this site's addictive.

First of all, I know I'd like to RP with you--I can tell already. I was also a little intimidated by the sweeping setting when I first joined, and I also like to get some idea of a plot (making-your-own is also excellent, and people really tend to get involved). I'll echo Kitsy and and affirm that Aedolis is definitely the place to be. I'm pushing for some more setting info on Edanith (more groups to join, etc.) and Libra, but for now, yeah, I'd say Aedolis.

Hit me up on PM or IM if you'd like. I'm a big brainstormer, and I love to hear about new characters.

Welcome to RotE! I'm sure you'll have fun here.
Hey, Sam! I do know you, actually, but not from here. I recognize you from RPGD (I talked to you via PM a couple of times and on AIM once, but that was about a year ago, and I think it was before my username changes). It's weird because you seemed a bit more serious then than you do now. Not evil like you said most people seemed to think you were -- just different. That's why I wasn't really sure if you were the same person until I checked your AIM username.

But yeah! Um. Aedolis, then. Are we more serious or whacky here, do you think? I know you're probably going to say both, but do we lean in any one direction?

Hey there! I'd also really like to rp with you. :)

And as a member of the Bring The Plot Elsewhere movement (which I just invented just now!), I'd say if you want to make a Pilot okay, but have a character or two to liven up the rest of the forum! There's more going on that just Pilots!

I hope you get acquainted well enough to feel comfortable throwing out ideas. This place isn't that scary.
Thanks, and sure thing! I've never been able to keep it at only one character in any game, anyway. xD

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:46 pm »
Ah, oh, my.  Yes.  More serious... RotE beat that out of me.  But not to worry--not with sledgehammers, no matter what you may hear about that around here.  Talk to me on AIM (again?) if you like.  

Aedolis: I would say we've got both wacky and serious facets, as everywhere.  The Pilots are sometimes lighthearted, but there's always the very present sense that their job really is intense and serious, and training is brutal, so those who play Pilots need to take the intense environment into consideration.  The citizens vary, really.  Since Aedolis is a pretty hedonistic society, living life for fun and pleasure is encouraged.  That, and anyone who dissents or reads banned books or etc. risks arrest (not that that's stopped a few people from forming an underground resistance, apparently).

Ahem.  I suggest you read the setting info--it's pretty comprehensive--and maybe browse a few threads.  You'll catch the tone.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:43 pm »
I KNOW YOU FROM YEARS AGO.

=D HI.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal