Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Blind Ambition (Draco)  (Read 418 times)

shinigamikitsune

Blind Ambition (Draco)
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:41:22 pm »
Dante sighed as he made his way to the ATC, he was to meet his new candidate to mentor now. He had initially wondered why they would allow the Furball to mentor a precog, when he had no idea what needed to be focused on. The nice part was, since Rhys was a 4th stage, he wouldn't have to spend too long mentoring him before he graduated. It wasn't that he had anything against the candidates or mentoring. He would just prefer spending the majority of his free time working on his music.

The trek to the ATC didn't seem as long as he remembered it being before, though it was still the name number of steps. Perhaps it was that he had grown so use to taking this path so often. Either way, he made his way to the meeting point with ease. He didn't have much planned for this time, more of just a meet and greet, and here from Rhys what he believed that he needed work on.

Dante stood in a spot, his ornate cane placed to rest infront of him with his hands placed neatly top of it to rest there. As usual, he was dressed in his unique style, his long hair pulled back into a neat braid. The only addition to this, was the thick crimson material placed over his eyes in a blindfold.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Blind Ambition (Draco)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:26 pm »
The heel of his palm was pressed against his forehead and he rubbed at it as he walked. Another new mentor. Another one. This one was a precog, too.  Dante something or other. Rhys had looked him up on the terminal in his room. Precognition, something about music. Another bust. He was stage four. If he had to stay in stage four any longer Rhys was going to go batty and rip someone’s throat o- oh, he’s already done that.

Pushing the hand through his hair, the nineteen year old candidate heaved a sigh and put his hands into his pockets. Meet up here. There. Whatever. Standing at five eleven, Rhys put most of his efforts into physical fitness, his own psychic abilities were lacking in the telekinesis and telepathy, his shielding was near pathetic and his precognition abilities left him as sick as a dog. But, precognition was just that, and it was important, and while Rhys couldn’t control it, the worse the fits he had were the more possible it was to happen, the ones that nearly kill him from suffocation were the ones that were sure to happen, and soon.

When Rhys rounded the corner he stopped and stared before looking around and giving a huff of laughter. “ What fresh hell is this?” He pushed his hand through his hair again, running his green-yellow eyes over the Pilot. A freaky cripple. Nice.

“Why do I get the freaks?” Rhys murmured before crossing his arms over his chest and leaning his weight to one side, staring taking in the image of, he could only assume, his new mentor. A cane. A blind fold. Rhys licked his lips and shook his head, “ You gonna give me the cane and make me spank you while you call me Daddy or something?” Rhys was far from impressed. What the hell. Another weird mentor.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:23 am »
Dante sensed Rhys coming before he came into 'view'. Oh great, he had a smart mouthed candidate. This was going to be rainbows of fun. He turned his head in Rhys' direction to 'look' at him. The mental image he was getting was nearly clear. He'd been working on developing this aspect of his phycic abilities for quite a while.

"Rhys Argel..." He pauses a moment as though to look him over. "There will be no perversion of any sort. I realize that it's rather unusual for a 4th stage candidate to aquire a mentor, however it's been agreed that the further developement of your abilities need to be worked on. I'm certain that you know as a precog, your abilities are an asset."

He reaches up with one hand to pull off the blindfold and stuff it into a pocket, looking at Rhys with his blood red ruby eyes. "That is why I am your mentor now. To ensure that you become something useful. While the strength of your precognition with develope mostly on it's own, I'll be working on helping you develope the rest of your phycic abilities, and teaching you how to deal with the back lash from having a vision."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:45:00 pm »
Rhys pressed the palm of his hand forward, his eyes closing briefly. This... Was fan-fucking-tastic. “Only reason I’m still here besides my body.” Rhys didn’t want to be TRIM bait, so while he wasn’t that great with neither telekinesis or telepathy, he kept his body a weapon, a physical weapon to take down pilots who aren’t quick to the draw, who aren’t quite fast enough.

Staring. Rhys odd yellow-green eyes staring into the Pilots weird red ones. Red eyes. Who has red eyes? The guy looked entirely human, red eyes. Probably got punched in the face too much. An eyebrow twitched up, to ensure you become something useful. Something useful. Like a toy. Rhys straighted his shoulders back, moving his hands from across his chest to push them into his pockets.

Listening.

This guy didn’t understand anything. “Look, Pilot-Guy. I have no control over my visions, the ones that happen for sure, or are very likely to happen, hit the hardest and leave me half dead and sick as a dog. I’ve had a few, I know this. I can’t learn how to summon them because that would very likely kill me.” He pushed a hand through his hair, giving a long heavy sigh, like he had to explain something to a small child that wouldn’t listen.

Respect him, you fool! He’s a Pilot. Rhys looked up at Dante from under his bangs and had the decency to look back down and shrink his shoulders forward, making himself smaller. Didn’t want to pose a threat, even though he felt like it. “I have weak abilities, if they get any better, even under your training, I’d be amazed. I’m not build for psychic powers.” Rhys lifted his head again, holding his arms out, showing off the frame of his body. It wasn’t heavily muscled, but there was no lean girlish figure under his clothing. He was brawn and no brain, like a good deal of the people in the lower levels.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:19:05 am »
Dante understood perfectly the extend of what Rhys was capable of concerning his precog. He knew better then anybody that not everybody could handle learning how to summon the visions without it killing him. Hell, there were times when the Unsummoned visions would leave him dead for a few moments while his mind was attempting to reboot it's self due to the Backlash.

"I said nothing about teaching you how to summon the visions you have. They'll develope at their own pace as to how intense and clear they'll become for you. Other then that, there's nothing more for me to work on about your visions. However, I can teach you the little things to help you deal with the Backlash that comes from after having a vision. It has nothing to do with training or developing any sort of phycic abilities, and more as to what things you should carry on you at all times."

He watched Rhys' body language. The boy obviously thought that this was a waste of time, and that he didn't know what he was talking about. It was the cocky attitude that was the root of most of this, though it wasn't unusual for a Pilot to develope cockiness. So there wasn't much reason for him to allow it to bother him all that much. Besides, patience was something that he found worked better for him instead of useless chest beating.

"I'm not too worried about your telekenesis at the moment, and more on your telepathy. Though I would like you to work on something different, and perhaps a little unorthedox, that should be able to help develope them both." He paused for a moment, assessing Rhys, then continued speaking. "It's a simple task, something that you can do in your room at night. Starting tonight, I would like you to wear a blindfold. While it is on, I want you to try and reach out with your phycic abilities and sense the room around you. Even if you're just laying in bed. I believe that starting out for an hour at a time should suffice for now."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 04:29:04 pm »
Rhys gave a sigh. “My visions are as solid as they’re ever going to be. “ His voice was rough, his hands in his pockets, his gaze off to the side as his hair half obscured his face. Didn’t like this guy. Wasn’t getting the reactions he was after. Carry things with him. Like what? A pillow so he doesn’t smash his head against the tiles when he does his vision twitch?

The brown haired young man pushed his hand through his hair, what Dante was saying went over his head and he licked his lips and shifted his weight. “How do you propose I do that. Psychic isn’t my forte, I told you. I’ll need a little more instruction than ‘feel the room.’ I can barely feel other peoples thoughts let alone an entire inanimate room.”

( Wow. XD Draccy fail. Sorry. )

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 07:09:49 pm »
Dante paused for a moment, looking Rhys over. This one seemed to be far more dense then he had anticipated. Obviously brains was not his forte. "Would you take a moment to clean the stupid out of your ears, and think things over before you spew forth anymore rubbish." Even now Dante was acting calm, the tone of his voice not wavering nor raising in volume. Though it was done in a way that was meant to subtley subdue a person into feeling inadaquate.

"Do not presume that I am clueless about the various types of precognition out there. I knew from a young age that mine was different then most, and grew up in an enviroment where I learned to master it before I was brought into the Candidacey program. During that time, I also studied others whom have varying degrees of precognition. All forms of precognition mature and evolve over time, some more then others of course. While yours may not grow much more beyond what it is right now, it would be foolish to believe that's as far as it'll ever go.

"Think of it much like your body. Just because you reach maturity, doesn't mean that your body stops growing or changing. Everything is changing and evolving at various rates and degrees." If Rhys wanted to argue further on the matter, then he'd just make the boy do research and a report on it. Now to move onto the next subject.

"While initially it is easier to sense other people's thoughts, it can become more difficult if you're not very strong phycicaly. It's mainly because other people's thoughts are always changing and jumping around, which can make it hard to fully grasp a hold on them. However, innanimate objects are stationary, and will not move, unless a person makes them.

"It's not the same as reaching out to sense another person's thoughts. Instead, you could think of it more like echo location. Sending out a phycic ping around you, and feeling those vibrations when they come back to you after they've rebounded off of the things around you. I will admit, that this is a more crude method then what I generally use, however it is a starting point that is easy to understand and work with."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal