Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Natural Disaster is only mostly dead  (Read 5100 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:18 pm »
Vulcan half collapsed into a seat as he looked at the handles, and then at his new hand, watching the fingers flex with a metalic clatter. Well, that put a damper on stealth. A frown crossed his face for a moment before he set aside the frustration and simply gripped the handles. "Are we ready then?" He asked, eyeing his surroundings and going through mental checklists to ensure they had gathered what they needed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
She nodded "Do you know where we're going?" Saranae asked she had lived her entire life cooped up in the labortory she had never even saw pictures of other places the scientists thought it would only provoke rebellion and attempted escape but all the scientists were gone now scared away by the rising temperature. Or so she thought her ruby eyes widened as a man cloaked in a white lab coat stumbled into the room his eyes crazed the man was obviously insane he lifted the gun he had and fired repeatadly, Sarane screamed in terror.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 06:29:38 pm »
Vulcan was more than willing to take the bullets for his little friend. Getting shot was unfortunately nothing new to him. He'd live. He had so far, even after he'd died. Springing up with vampire speed, he imposed himself between the shooter and Sarane and lunged straight for the shooter. Normally, he refrained from drinking human blood unless perhaps a friend agreed to sacrifice a pint for his health. He rarely took it from an unwilling victim, and even more rarely took enough to be lethal, but if he got his fangs into this scientist, he was having a meal. He would need to it to start the healing process. Hopefully he'd caught all the bullets in some part of his body and prevented them from hitting Sarane, or damaging the shuttle.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 07:11:41 pm »
Sarane had her arms covering her head her small shoulders shaking from fear she kept trying to look u pto see what was happening but her body was frozen her mind was blank all she could see was the shuttle floor beneath her. She could hear the gasps of the scientist  , the gun dropping to the floor but they sounded distant and far away. It reminded her of that horrible day when she first witnessed a life taken.

A 2yr old girl with silver hair walked down the aisle of the labortory she heard sounds coming from one of the rooms she opened it and found a small puppy with goat like horns on it's head and a tail like a cat  in a cage "Hi puppy" she said and opened the door as the furry creature bounded out and she began to giggle as it licked her face she then heard footsteps "Oh there you are Sarane why don't you put the puppy down for a moment" Dr.Yenzen Muraki said as the little toddler came to him "I wouldn't want my most succesful creation getting hurt" he said as he pulled out a gun and fired. Ruby eyes widened , crimson blood splattered her white dress the puppy lay dead in a pool of blood with a bullet hole through it's heart. The small child began to sob

"Don't cry my dear it was just a failed experiment" the scientist said taking the girl out of the room and shutting it.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 10:13:22 pm »
Vulcan couldn't bring himself to do it in front of her. He'd taken many lives, most of them without meaning to through various disasters he'd caused by losing control of his tectonic powers while on earth. Pulling away from the scientist, he pushed him out the door and secured it, making sure they were on the inside and everyone else was on the outside. "Sarane?" He gasped, bleeding heavily as he barely made it into the chair next to her, knowing if he ended up on the floor, he'd never manage to get all the way back up again. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" He reached up to pull her hands from her face, prepared to examine every inch of her if she couldn't answer him.

His mouth was surpisingly clean considering he'd just fed off a man. The inside was stained red, but his lips and outward were fairly untouched. It wasn't like a movie vampire, first of all, that was wasteful, and second of all, he didn't like to be a slob. Her mind was at work, he could tell that much, but didn't want to invade it. "He'll live...or at least he won't die by my hand." He was after all, in the space station where they experimented on people and creatures. Vulcan couldn't actually say what his fate would be, but it would not be death by him that day.

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:42 am »
She looked up at him she could see that he was bleeding heavily and in pain "no" she breathed out the scent of blood was making her head hurt "Can we go now please?" she asked wanting to leave before anyone else came.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2007, 01:50:40 pm »
Vulcan nodded, though his shirt was seeping with blood. "If I pass out, you need to take the controls okay? I'll set the course so you shouldn't have to do much." His hands were smeared with his own blood now, and once the course was entered, so were the buttons in places. He'd lost a lot of blood due to losing his hand. He hadn't had time to regenerate it before the bullet wounds. He was pale, his hands were shaking, but the shuttle lifted into the air. "Don't worry, even if I die, it won't last long." He assured, trying not to choke on his own blood as he grimaced. "When we land, just take the bullets out." He requested, his hand shaking on the controls. He could regenerate, but sealing piece of metal into his body was not his idea of a good itme.

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2007, 04:31:09 pm »
"Okay, do you know where we are going?" she asked her crimson orbs trying but failing not to look at the wounds and his trembling form "Does it hurt alot Vulcan? I'm sorry he was aiming for me instead you got hurt I'm sorry" Sarane apoligized. The vampire was her first real friend that could actually speak with her all her other "friends" were usually just animals with extra limbs or add ons and were usyally killed when failed which happened often.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »
"We're going to Mars, it's busy enough that we should be able to blend in." He paused to catch his breath a bit "Plus, with all the volcanos, I have quite the advantage."  He glanced down at the wounds as he considered trying to put pressure on the wounds and slow the bleeding, but then decided that would probably be futile. "It is painful" He coughed, bringing up blood "but it is nothing I have not experienced before. It will pass." He was growing light headed and suspected he would pass out before they could land. "It's not your fault. I made my choice, but we'll talk about that later if you really feel the need." He winced, his heart was beating faster "Now listen. I set us to land on a fairly deserted span. Generally people shouldn't bother us out there. When we land, just shut down the pod. Don't open the doors, don't go out. Just shut down the engines and get the bullets out of me. We'll figure out what to do next once I can actually stand upright." He covered the wound nearest his heart which had started bleeding more rapidly as his heart beat increased. He hadn't been fed on by another vampire in a very long time, and he wasn't sure what Sarane fed on, or how strong her resolve was, but he knew that the strong smell of even his own blood was stirring his need to feed.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2007, 05:40:36 pm »
"Ok" the girl replied fumbling with the strap of the duffelbag she didn't have anything that would numb the vamp and removing bullets without antethic would be very agonizing but she knew from the medical books she had read that a person could die from lead poisoning even a vampire like Vulcan would be subject to that though not really dieing it still wouldn't be very pleasent.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 07:48:11 pm »
Vulcan caught pieces of her mind "Don't worry about hurting me, just get them out" He looked her in the eye "You..might want to strap me down or something first incase I wake up sooner than expected" Vulcan murmured, closing his eyes and making sure he was strapped in so he wouldn't flop out of his chair due to passing out and landing.

Lead he could deal with-- not well of course, but better than silver. "Thank you Sarane...we should land soon" He fell into a coughing fit, one of the chest wounds having let blood into his lungs. The contraction of his diaphram with so many bullet wounds was excruciating, and even the vampire in his weakened state couldn't abide by it for long. Leaking crimson around the mouth, he went limp in his chair some time before entering Mars's atmosphere. He was still breathing, though not well. His shirt was soaked through, and any human would have been long dead from bloodloss alone.

The pod settled onto the martian surface, swirling dust past the windows and obscuring all visibility for a time. Vulcan's breath was little more than a gurgle, but he didn't truely need oxygen to live. Strictly speaking, he could wander without air-- but it was a very unpleasant experience considering he still felt like he was suffocating.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 05:45:50 am »
Sarane heard him cough as the pod landed on the planet's surface if it had been different circumstances she would have marveled at how big the planet was but she had more important things to do. Grabbing a bottle of iodine and twezzers she gently lifted the crimson stained shirt and dipped the tips of the metal tweezers in the amber colored medicant to sterilize them and began to take each of the lead rounds out of the vamp's body but not before tieing his arms down with medical tape to the seat like Vulcan had instructed. The last bullet was in really deep so she had to dig to get it out.  She then took a damp cloth and wiped away some of the       on his mouth and torso.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 07:54:15 am »
Vulcan's torso was marred with many scars. Most of them fairly deep. When he was 20 or so, before he knew what he was, he'd been shot in the crossfire of a gangwar. Everyone was amazed he survived, but it had left him scarred and weak stomached.

While normal people don't enjoy vomitting, Vulcan held a particular adversion to it as it was physically very painful due to all his various scar tissues. His vampire and/or Kalicrate healing powers were not able to eleminate the scars of every wound. If it was just a minor flesh wound, it would heal and Vulcan likely wouldn't be able to notice a mark later, but with torso wounds, there were a lot of organs to patch back together and a scar on the skin was the least of his worries.

There were however, no burn marks anywhere. THe only downside Vulcan had found to being fireproof, was that he couldn't cauterize his wounds to stay the bloodloss. For a downside, that wasn't so bad.

Vulcan woke up while she was getting the last bullet out, but he didn't make a sound to alert her of this fact. It was quite a while later when he finally spoke, his body having a chance to at least seal the deepest part of the wounds, though the holes would be there for awhile, possibly still slowly bleeding. "You can untape me now" He whispered, eyes still closed.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 05:15:37 pm »
She was startled when she heard him whisper , she didn't know he was awake "How do you feel Vulcan ?" she asked while untaping his arms and discarding them. She then reached into the bag next to her and fished out a roll of white cloth bandages which she wrapped around his chest. "This is going to taste bad but it will take some of the pain away" Sarane said pouring something that resembled thick red syrup into his mouth.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 09:02:06 pm »
Vulcan nearly choked on the syrup and then groaned as he had allowed his body to tense in response to the choking. He managed to swollow it down and sink in the chair. "I'm alive, but I think we're going to be here awhile. Look in one of the compartments and see if you can make yourself a bed of some kind." He shifted to try to get up out of the chair, but couldn't muster the strength and resolve to lift his body. The chair was uncomfortable to him at the moment and he wanted to lay flat on the floor. "Do you know anything beyond the lab?" He asked as he considered a few things. "And do you drink blood?" He was going to need another meal before long after such serious wounds.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 02:14:54 pm »
Sarane shook her head "No there weren't even books on other places the scientists there didn't want the experiments to get ideas of escape and I do but I never tried it I was given human food all my life" she replied  going to the backseat and pulling down a bed "Never know how long  you going to be using this" she explained sensing his discomfort gently eased him up and laid the seat back so he could lay on his back "better?" she asked.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2007, 09:13:10 am »
"So you don't need the blood to survive then?" He asked, holding his silence as she helped move him. After the stabbing pain subsided, he was more comfortable. "Yes, thank you" He said with a gentle sigh. He was pale, even for a vampire, but seemed to be doing a little better now. "Well, you shall see outside things then. They are very different than the lab, dangerous at times, so we must be careful. You stay with me and you should be alright though-- you might even keep me out of trouble."

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 03:57:40 pm »
"Really, Vulcan can I ask you something?" Sarane asked from the bed she hoped the older vampire wouldn't laugh at her question but she always wanted to know and everything time she asked at the lab she was ignored or hit. "What is a family like?" she had never had a family her biological parents thought she was dead and all growing up she had no one she could call her family. "If you don't want to answer it's okay" she said quickly afterwards.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »
Vulcan was silent for a moment as memories flashed through his mind. It had been so long, but yet, he couldn't forget. "Well young one," Vulcan said softly "I may be the wrong person to ask about family. My biological family was...short lived to say the least. My mother made horribly bad choices, I didn't know my father and ..." He wasn't touching that part of the subject, so he cut it out. "But I hardly consider them family. My family, was made up of people who came together just for the purpose of surviving, and grew to trust and even love each other. That's what I think of when I remember 'family'." His voice had lost most of its tone and inflection as he spoke about family. It seemed almost flat, and without life, but if she caught a glimpse of his eyes, she could see that his voice had gone so empty because he cared about it so much. "It's nice to have family, but it's also very hard. You let people close, and they can hurt you deeper than anyone else can...but they can also help heal you when someone else has hurt you. It's comforting to have someone to trust, it doesn't feel so alone. If you don't quite take care of everything, there's someone there to help you out. Perhaps the hardest part of family for someone like me is that....they die." He sighed and winced "and I don't." He trusted Sarane far more quickly than he trusted most people. Very few people indeed would get an answer from him on such a subject.

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 03:54:02 pm »
Sarane had heard the lifeless in his voice she instantly regreted asking him curse her curiosity. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad I was just wondering I win't ask anymore questions" she said laying down pulling the blankets over her ashened covered head. She layed on the pillow thinking about what had happened so far never in her wildest dreams had she ever thought she would escape that horrible lab with it's white walls , clinical smell and scremas of tortured experiments she was glad she had met Vulcan he was nice and protected herand wasn't disgusted by her as some people were. She smiled as she drifted off thinking "I always did want an older brother" .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal