Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Natural Disaster is only mostly dead  (Read 5098 times)

Anonymous

The Natural Disaster is only mostly dead
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:47:43 pm »
Vulcan was 'dead' for most of the day. It wasn't until evening fell that his heart started beating again-- it was the Kalicrate in him, or perhaps whatever bit of human lingered, but either way, his heart beat and he did breath. With the circulation returning to his limbs, the stump of his wrist oozed slowly along with the many abraisons his wings had recieved when he attempted to use them a catapolts to get himself up off the ground and away from his attackers. His body shivered and a cold sweat broke out across his ashen face, but he didn't wake up, not yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »
“Meow!�

Even in the form of a cat, Raichou was just as curious as ever, if not more so. The Space Station Cancer was fascinating but she could only hang around the Red District so long before getting bored so she had snuck into the Gold District when some important looking official guy had been careless and had left the door open too long. A fly could so easy fit through.

The Gold District was a little disappointing though, it was quiet and mostly deserted, only a few people in uniforms came back and forth not even noticing a small silver furred cat with startlingly human like blue eyes wandering around.

So far she had seen the armoury which was full of several tempting weapons but they were too big for a pussy cat to sneak out. Some looked quite dangerous which made Raichou love them all the more, it wasn’t the fact they could kill that she liked but more the idea that she was holding something that could destroy things.

The small cat passed the entrance to the bridge but didn’t enter, there was more chance in there that someone might actually notices her and she couldn’t have that, the Gold District was a restricted area after all. She merely glanced in and saw the usual collection of administrative staff and pilots so carried on along the metal corridor.

She was just considering going back when she noticed something out the corner of her eye. She stopped abruptly and looked back just to check she was indeed seeing what she though she was. Lying on the ground surrounded by blood was a man.

Raichou walked up to him cautiously, he was in bad shape but it seemed there was too much blood for the wounds he had…how odd. She headed towards his face and nudged his head with her own. She wasn’t sure if it would wake him but if he was found there he would be in trouble, unless of course he died before he could be given the punishment.

â€œHey mister!â€? Raichou tired to say but it came out as “Mew!â€?  
     Damn the cat body, she thought but she daren’t turn into her normal form, someone might find her and lets face it, her own skin was more important to her than some random guy’s.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 02:21:28 pm »
The scientis noticed the cat "GET OUT OF HERE YOU ANNOYING PEST!" the 34yr old yelled kicking the cat out of the way "Unless you want to be experimented on too" he then followed the men in jumpsuits  as they carried the stretcher with the creature on into the Lab it's doors shutting and locking anyone without proper identification out. "Put him the cage yes that one" the men nodded and unlocked the vamp's limbs and lifted albeit roughly into the large cage. A girl with white hair and souless empty eyes entered the room "Ahh Sana be a good girl and chain my new subject up will you" "yes master Muraki" the girl said and entered the cage taking the Vampire wrists and ankles and shackling them she also put a metal collar around his neck, "Good girl" the man said, "thank you master" the girl replied. She appeared to be about 6 or 7yrs old but she was actually no more than 2yrs old and one of Muraki's greatest achivements.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:48:12 pm »
If Vulcan had had even a fraction of his strength under his control at the moment, it was unlikely they would have succeeded in getting him into the cage, but as it was, the only reaction even the cat had gotten out of him was a reflexive tilt of the head towards her warmth and blood scent. His body was in survival mode. It needed food, it didn't nessicarily need to waste what energy stores he had left by being concious and mobile. He looked rather ill, still pale and sweating just enough for his skin to gleam. He was hot to the touch, which was extremely unusual for him, being vampire and all.

As the little girl touched him, his mouth opened just slightly, revealing the tips of his incisors.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:38:14 pm »
Sometimes being a cat was very annoying, lots of people hated cats. However at that particular moment Raichou wasn’t a cat, she was a mouse instead and was scurrying through the ventilation looking for the guy who had kicked her, or at the very least that injured guy, he had been…interesting…which made a change; the rest of Cancer was boring.  

Mice had very good noises, to hunt for food with, but she was using her nose to follow the scent of the wounded man’s blood, she figured if she found him she’d find the jerk anyway. For the task she’d be better off in the form of a dog but they couldn’t fit through the ventilations shafts.

Raichou followed her nose until she came to one particular shaft which looked right down into a room with a large cage and in the cage the wounded guy, looking just as bad. There was a strange girl as well who a very unusual scent. She put a metal collar around the man’s neck causing his mouth to open slightly, revealing…fangs?

â€œSo he’s a vampire…â€? Raichou said in mice language which sounded more like a squeak sound.

This made things even more interesting. She had heard of vampires, creatures of the night, nosferatu or whatever people called them but she had never met one. Smiling a smile (or as close to a smile as a mouse could get) like someone about to watch an execution, Raichou transformed from a mouse into a midge, something so small it was unlikely anyone would notice it and if they did they wouldn’t pay her any mind.

She flew down towards the vampire, a little disorientated now the world had suddenly got much bigger, and landed on his shoulder. She was surprised to feel heat radiating off the vampire’s face, that wasn’t normal…

She then turned her attention to the girl. Raichou was certain she hadn’t noticed her. Who would notice a midge anyway? ...Well maybe an insect enthusiast.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »
Souless orbs looked up at the man "He is ill master what do wish to do with it?" came the little girl's voice with no emotion in it, "Hmm I suppose that is a problem can't have a sick subject or he might be alive long enough for me to study" the unstable scientist said and then thought for a moment " ahh yes " he thought "Sarane come here" a teenage girl with silver gray hair came running up " yes master Muraki" "I want you to take care of this creature until it's back to full strength for my studies" ruby eyes looked at the vamp chained land caged like an animal "yes master Muraki I will do that" "good girl" the scientist said and walked away "come Sana we have experiments to do" "yes master" the small yokai said and walked alomst soundlessly after him the only sound she made were of her bare feet on the marbled floor. Sarane watched them leave and got an icebag from the freezer and a blood bag from the medical cabinet . She entered the cage and began to gently wiped the vampire's hot skin with it, she stopped for a minute to put her hand to his forehead " he's burning up who could have down this to him?" she wondered as she eased him to a laying position as far as the chains would let him and placed the icebag on his forehead and then exited the cage and watched as the men in jumpsuits locked it.

My nightmares
http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/f ... .php?t=199

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »
His body was fighting off poisons and venoms from the land he had died in and the creatures he had fought, hence the fever that just kept spiking. Had he been human, it would have fried his brain already, but, being heatproof, it didn't harm him, though it seemed highly likely that it would.

THe ice began melting, and he began shivering, the restraints clattering, bolts loosening as he was much stronger than a human. Feverishly, his eyes opened and landed on the girl, trying to focus, but failing. She was a blurry outline that wavered in his vision, followed by much blobbier looking figures (men in jumpsuits).

He opened his mouth as if he would speak, but his stomach muscles clenched. If he'd eaten anything in the past several days, he might have vomited, but he simply made a hissing groan and slumped against the chains.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:33:55 pm »
Sarane watched the vamp opening his eyes but they were glazed over with fever and she watched him slump in his chains, the men in jumpsuits began to leave and she used her physic powers to take the cage key from one of their belt loops once she had it she unlocked the cage  and entered kneeling down next to him she gently stroked his hair the way a mother would a sick child and sent a cooling wave to his forehead with her magic that she had learned. " Poor thing he's so ill" she thought the vampire needed a warm bed not chained in a cage in a labortory, but she then decided she would be the vamp's friend and take care of him.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 07:30:18 pm »
I need to feed His mental voice whispered to her's, but then somewhere his his feverwracked brain, logic penitrated. If he fed, he quite likely would vomit. That settled it. Feeding was out of the question. Water He whispered in the same faint mental voice. I need water He could still vomit water, but not having water would end up being worse than not drinking anything after another day or so.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 02:54:24 pm »
Sarane was a little shocked to hear his voice thinking he was out cold and nodded at his request walking out of the cage and returning with a soaked cloth , she gently placed the cloth by his mouth "Here you go take it easy though" the Dhampir girl said gently.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »
Vulcan sucked at the cloth, his fangs slightly more visable now, though they weren't huge. He could even pass for human if he wanted to. He'd seen humans with 'fangs' bigger than his own-- theirs just weren't as sharp. Thank you....what happened to me? He was trying to piece it together, but so far, things were still too heat fogged to make sense of. He drew a deep breath, his lungs rattling slightly. She smelled good. He tried to disern her age, her species and her living arrangements by the smell of her. It was easier than waking up fully.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 04:58:48 pm »
"Your welcome er... well um you were very injured when you were found and well ..." Sarane thought for a momnent how did you explain to someone that they were in a lab and were going to be experimented on "okay Sarane just come out and say it" she thought " You were found by my master and are in lab to be studied" the words scame out a hurried rush " okay now my turn my first question is who are you and why were you injured like that , my name is Sarane by the way" the girl said.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:13:14 pm »
Vulcan's marigold and red eyes opened sharply for a split second, locking his intense gaze on her before vanishing behind the lids once more, leaving a person wondering if it had happened at all. He'd been studied before. He didn't enjoy it in the least. Of course that 'studying', had been much closer to torture than science. Technically, that is two questions, but, I will answer them anyway. I am Vulcan, and I ran across a couple rather nasty creatures. Tell me, Sarane....do I have both hands? Being chained as he was, he couldn't see his limbs, but he remembered seeing the monster chewing on his hand, and spitting the mangled thing out after Vulcan suggested he was poisonous. However, he wouldn't have been surprised to learn he had halusinated the entire experience. At least...that's what I recall happening. I've been wrong before. I feel as if I've been poisoned, or possibly envenomated, so, in all honesty, anything is possible. His stomach clenched again, involuntarily, his body jerked against the chains. He pulled the cloth deeper into his mouth, trying to gain more water out of it, but not finding enough to satisfy his dehydration. If nothing else, he was good at drawing fluid out of things. He trembled as little, though he didn't seem to be afraid. It was the trembling of a man under tremendous physical strain, in his case, the strain of pain in old injuries and not allowing that to cause him to loose control of anything.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 01:45:53 pm »
"Nice to meet you Vulcan " the gir lsaid and  looked down at his hands  she really hadn't noticed before "Oh wow how did that happen" she exclaimed gently lifting the arm of a wrist up "No wonder you burning up this is infected" She said turning around and using her physic powers again to get a bottle of alchol "Now this is really really going to burn I'm sorry" Sarane apolgized and poured the clear liquid onto the stub.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:21:47 pm »
One of the creatures bit it off Vulcan said with a slight grimace Infection doesn't surprise me. It reeked of that foul ocean and polution He paused as she brought out the alcohol. Check the chains first...I'm not sure what my body might do in reaction to that... He tried to warn before it was poured on, but wasn't quite quick enough. He bit clean through his lip, as he muffled any cry of pain, but he was straining the restraints as his body faught to get away from the pain.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 01:30:42 am »
Raichou had been watching the exchange between the vampire and the girl, who she suspected might be a similar creature to the vampire. It seemed he had been in some sort of fight with some monsters and they had left him in such a state. Raichou was disappointed; she thought vampires were stronger than that.

When the vampire acted like such a baby and thrashed about in pain when the girl ‘Sarane’ put the alcohol on his stump, Raichou, though a midge and in theory should have good grip, was thrown clean off him. In her surprise she nearly lost hold of her form. It would not be good if she accidentally reverted back to her normal, human shape. She landed on the floor of the cage, obviously unnoticed in the small midge form.

It didn’t surprise Raichou that her current location was a research laboratory. Though TRIM was the main place for scientific research, they had tried to catch Raichou many times as Shape-shifters were rare, other places did perform research. She never expected the Space Station Cancer would harbour something like that though. Most scientists wouldn’t ‘lower themselves’ to work there.

However such a place did exist and Raichou was there and in danger if she was caught. One voice in her head told her to leave in case someone had noticed her in midge form. However the more ‘sensible’ voice or at least in her eyes, told her to stay and see what happened, she didn’t have anything better to do and there were plenty of scientists willing to pay for information on what their rivals were doing.

Ever the one to look for danger and thrill, Raichou decided to change her form to something a little bit bigger, easier to notice and harder to hide in. If she was any kind of shape-shifter she should be able to escape even if she was noticed. And she wanted to be noticed.

She slipped behind the thrashing vampire and changed into a mouse again. Then she quickly scurried up the vampire and into one of his pockets. If he hadn’t noticed that then he just as weak a vampire and she thought.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:38 am »
Sarane winced as the vamp' body fought to escape the pain "I'm sorry" she said again. "Well well looks like its awake" a voice from behind said and it shivers down her spine. As a man in his mid-thirties entered the cage "well what is this?" he asked picking up the stub "It looks like his hand got chewed off well just an excuse for an experiment I suppose" the man said and grinned insanely. "M-m-master Muraki" the girl stuttered "Yes what is it my dear" "He is not well yet mayb.." she didn't get to finish as she was backhanded and sent flying into the metal door of the cage, "DON"T TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB GIRL!" the scientist shouted.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 09:25:15 am »
Vulcan had noticed the smell of another creature in the room, but hadn't been able to find it as the midge...not to mention the fact that this was a whole new place, and for all he knew, it always smelled like that, but when the thing crawled across his chest and into his pocket, his mind followed it. What are you? Friend or Foe? He mentally asked the mouse. He was only half vampire, and being driven to the verge of hallusinations by fever. Given the circumstances, a bad reaction to a dose of alcohol on a severed limb was not so bad. As the girl was thrown across the room, he spliced his mental voice and asked her Are you alright young one? She had been kind to him, and attempted to help, despite that she technically worked for the person responsible for his situation-- at least the being chained in a lab part. He couldn't very well get up and go to her at this point, and he suspected this Muraki wouldn't appriciate the fact that she had 'befriended' him in a way.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 10:26:12 am »
Raichou would have smiled if it were not for her mouse body, this vampire wasn’t so unobservant after all. However being a mouse meant she couldn’t reply, not unless she turned back into a human.

However when the scientist snapped at his little pet, changing into her human form looked appealing, just to see what reaction she would get from the them. But a human shape was far too recognisable, her own anyway. She could turn into the scientist, that would freak him out, or the girl…or even the vampire…

She squeaked a little evil mouse chuckle as she had a more amusing idea. She scurried down the vampire to the floor in plain view of all three of them then changed into another form. This form was an animal that had mostly died out when the earth began to and as a result few had seen them. However they were rather menacing looking. This creature had four legs and sharp claws not unlike the cat, however it was much bigger, had sharp teeth and silver and black stripes along its body. It was called a tiger and could do more than enough damage.

Raichou fixed her gaze on the scientist and gave a spine chilling growl.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »
"oh please you think that scares I've dealt with more gruesome beasts than you" the scientist sneered and called for the retrival team the men in jumpsuits returned and restrained the large cat and shoved it out the door of the lab. "Activate the electric shock waves on the vents and doors I don't want to be interrupted again" "Yes sir Dr.Muraki" the men said and one of them flipped a switch and the vents suddenly had light blue electricity at the entrance. "As for you vampire I have plans for you" he grinned evilly and ordered the men to bring the vampire onto an examanation table where his limbs were restrained. "Now don't bother trying to break free these restraints as well as those chains are made with a substance that creatures like you cannot break now let's see what fun I can have with that mangled hand of yours' ah yes I always wanted to try fitting a mechanical body part" the insane man chuckled to himself as he went to a closet and brought out a mechanical hand. "Now I'm going to attach each of your nerves to this automail of course I could give you anesthetic but what fun would that be" Yenzen said as he began to cut open the stump with a knife.

Sarane moaned as she opened her eyes she then saw what the insane man she was forced to call "master" was doing she shut her eyes and covered her ears "I'm so sorry Vulcan" she whispered.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal