Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dazed and Confused!!! (Rhi/open)  (Read 6594 times)

shinigamikitsune

Dazed and Confused!!! (Rhi/open)
« on: March 08, 2009, 03:00:52 am »
Dante had been waiting for this night to come since the day he was booked to play at Syn. He always enjoyed performing for other people, especially the music he wrote himself. He knew that not everybody enjoyed listening to old style classical, so he always stroke to write something that not only was something he could be proud of, but something that people would want to listen to. His music was always filled with passion and intensity, and coupled with his skill and talent, it could take people on an emotional joy ride.

He'd been practicing every spare moment he had for the past few weeks, and he knew all his songs by heart. Infact he could play them blindfolded, which he did more often then not. He wouldn't do so tonight though.

He took a moment to rub his hands together to try and warm them up a little. For some reason they always felt cold when they weren't moving over the piano keys. Even though he wore gloves all the time, though the top half of the figners wre cut off so that he could still feel the keys when he played.

Dante didn't have to wait much longer before it was his turn to perform. He strode out once the beautiful grand piano was in place and adjusted to how he prefered his piano to be. The top was taken off completely for him. Though back at the citadel, there was a huge mirror on the ceiling above his piano. It would be too much to ask for such a thing to be done here. Though it didn't matter really.

He adjusted himself so that he wouldn't be sitting on the bottom of his long jacket. There was a moments pause as he took a deep breath. It was all he needed in order to slip into the right mind frame. His fingers brushed over the new keys, finding the familuar points, then pressing down. The initial notes lingering in the air. This particular piece started out slow, lulling the listener into a caccoon of calm and security. Though as it went on, it gradually became more intense, drawing the person in with anticipation and excitement. Soon enough the tempo seems to become like a tempest. Dante's fingers flying over the keys, sounding out a melody that threatens to trip over it's self. Leaving the anticipation that his fingers might stumble and the entire build up being shattered like crystal against marble floors. However that never happens, and once the climax comes, the song softens. As though wrapping strong arms around you, and craddling you close as it lowered you into warmth and security.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Dazed and Confused!!! (Rhi/open)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:13:37 pm »
It had been a while since Gabriel had been back to Syn. In fact, he hadn't been back since he'd gone and outed Delilah as a psychic. That wasn't exactly the reason he hadn't been back--time had been a factor, and everything going to bloody hell was another--but it sure contributed. Cursed, he decided. He was cursed, or Syn was cursed, but something was cursed because that was the second time in a row that he'd gone there and ruined someone's life, starting with Vaughan, and it had also been the beginning of a spectacular string of bad luck. He'd been sent off to space after that, Temple had gone missing, been brain raped, candidate got raped, candidate died, he was sure as hell feeling the pressure and suspicion regarding that...and he was probably missing a few juicy details but either way, there was something about Syn.

So when Dante told him he had a gig there and invited him down, Gabriel's first instinct was to say, "HELL FREAKIN' NO!" But then he thought, hey, that was just him being silly and superstitious and he was not superstitious. He didn't think. It was dumb and anyway, it was all just freaky coincidence and there was no such thing as bad luck, right? Right. Besides, he missed the place and he liked supporting local artists; Pilots counted for that. And he'd convinced Alaric to come with him. The last few Bad Things had happened when he'd gone alone.

Nope. Syn wasn't cursed, and he wasn't cursed, and this would be fun, because what better way to shake off hours and days of stress was there than getting lost in a crowd with a good beat thumping through your body? You couldn't hear yourself talk, couldn't hear yourself think, and that's what Gabriel liked about it.

Which was why he was taken off guard completely when, after he and Alaric got their chips scanned by a wand-wielding bouncer, they walked in and piano music was playing.

Piano music.

In Syn.

Classical music.

It sounded like something Roman would like.

Someone shoved past him, bumping shoulders roughly, and Gabriel started and realized that he'd sort of froze in the doorway. He side-stepped out of the way and glanced over at Alaric to get his attention, then made a beeline for the bar. "Um...Ally? We're in the right place, right?" he asked as they walked, and he could actually hear himself speaking without even having to yell. It was kind of surreal, being in this place that was obviously Syn and yet not. "I mean...this is Syn, right? We didn't make a wrong turn and somehow wind up in a concert hall that looks like Syn but--oh snap, is it ballroom night or something? Do they even have that?"

That would be awkward. He didn't know how to do that. And man was he under-dressed, in a band shirt and baggy bondage pants.

The dance floor had cleared as most people were obviously taking the piano performance as some sort of musical interlude and using the time to take a break and down some drinks. All the seats were taken (though to his relief everyone was dressed as was normal for Syn-goers), so Gabriel stood off to the side and looked to the stage. "For cereal. Who thought classical was a good idea? You can't dance to it."

It was then that he realized the guy behind the piano was kind of familiar, and he had to do a double-take when he realized it was Dante--who, in retrospect, had never told him what kind of music he played.

Which...explained why there was a piano number being played at Syn, because who would deny a Pilot?
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:03:23 pm »
Clubs weren't really Alaric's thing. Not often anyway. So many people, and lots of touching and close contact. Which was something Alaric tended to not like much, but on occasion, it was fun. Just go and let go and in a crowded club, most people didn't realize you were a pilot.

And it did give him a chance to show off his new hair. his head still felt light, the familiar weight of the braid gone. It was much shorter now and he had gelled it into a short faux hawk. As he was getting his chip scanned, the clawed hands came up to lightly touch the back of his neck, "You sure my-....what...the heck."

He almost walked into his friend when Gabe froze. Had.....Syn undergone a change of management? He was starting to feel like he had dressed rather wrong in his jeans, covered in holes and chains and a shirt with, "Your GP or your HP." written on it.

"...It looks like Syn. But...this doesn't sound like Syn..." Alaric rather liked classical. One of his parents had been a fan and Alaric had grown up on it. But...it had not been what he expected. He had been ready for some rock or dance music or...something. Not the piano.

He trailed after Gabriel, sticking close to his friend as they wondered to the bar, "So....Dante plays the piano, yeah? You...uh....might have mentioned that to me Gabes." Though, as Gabriel was dressed about the same way he was, he didn't think Gabriel had known.

Gabriel's comment got his friend a light cuff to the head, "Hey now! You can dance to this just fine!" Grabbing Gabriel's wrist, Alaric dragged his friend away from the wall and out onto the empty dance floor. He gave him a deep bow, "May I have this dance?" Without waiting for Gabe's reply, Alaric placed one hand on the blonds waist and took his hands in his normal one. And started to lead him in a simple dance step, whispering soft instructions to his friend.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:32:00 pm »
The straight classical piece was his first of the night, and used for his warm up. It would give the crowd a chance to settle and calm a little bit, before he'd lure them back to the dance floor. He'd already performed his set for the manager and received his approval for it. Even if he was a pilot, he wasn't going to throw that around in order to get what he wanted.

Even though he was focused on his music, he still caught Alaric and Gabe venture out onto the dance floor. The information was stored away, and he'd review it once he'd finished for tonight. Minutes later the final notes were sounded for this piece, and as they lingered in the air, Dante gave his hands a single shake before starting in on the second piece.

While the first one was calm, this one far from it. It didn't have the sound of old classical, though his still held the classical hints, there was deffinately a modern edge to it. This piece had a driving beat, a pulse, and at times seemed almost violent. Dante was also more animated too during this piece, his body movements matching the flow of the piece. It wasn't long into the piece, that one got the feeling, that if a bass line was added and a drum line as well, it would easily pass as something that could be played in a club. After all, classical was the base foundation for most music today. Anything Dante performed for an audience, whether it was a single person or an entire crowd, it was always played to perfection. Not only technically, but on the emotional level as well, which required for the absense of perfection.

It had certainly been an interesting day for him. Not only had he run into Gabriel and Alaric at different times today, but they had mentioned the same thing to him. That they were going to Syn to check out Dante's performance. He had the fleeting thought of managing to have himself invited along, though decided against it. Instead he planned on going to Syn, under the reasoning that he was coming to see Dante perform as well, curious as to the skill from the other Pilot. Running into Gabe and Alaric would just be an added bonus.

He knew that Dante played the piano, so he knew what to expect. He came a little more dressed up, though something that would still pass for the club. A pair of black leather pants that hugged him in all the right places, with a black belt that was adorned with thin silver chains. He'd opted for a deep purple sild button up shirt, that he left untucked. The couple buttons at the top and bottom had been left undone, and the sleeves had been rolled up to just above his elbows. He had a couple of leather bands on his wrists, each one with a different design embellished into the leather.

Once inside of the club, it didn't take him long to locate Gabe and Alaric. A smile came to his face as he watched the two waltz. Though it looked more like Alaric was waltzing and Gabe was attempting to keep up. This was deffinately a tidbit of information to keep stored away for later.

He moved to the bar to order himself a drink, enjoying the calming effect the current song had. He idly wondered if maybe some of the tightly wound Pilots couldn't benefit some from the calming Dante seemed to be able to instill through his music. However he was surprised at the change of pace when the next song started. It didn't seem anything like the first one, though there were some hints that linked the two back to the same composer.

Once he had his drink, he moved to a spot that he could watch Gabe and Alaric from. He'd wait until they were finished their dance.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21:58 pm »
[Whoo, joint post with Rina. Consider that both of our turns! xD]

Before Gabriel could open his mouth and say that he hadn't known what Dante played--he'd assumed he was in a rock band or something--Alaric cuffed him upside the head and he forgot what he'd even been about to say. "OW!" he yelped a little more dramatically than necessary, rubbing his head though it hadn't actually hurt. "What was that for--whoa, hey, what're you--?"

And then he was being pulled out to the floor and he had no choice but to stumble along after Alaric or get dragged, and he wouldn't put it past his friend to do so. Out on the dance floor, he had only a second to catch his bearings before Alaric was bowing and before he could say yes or no--not that he'd say no--they were breezing along.

Well. Kind of. Gabriel stumbled and stepped on Alaric's feet a few times, not much of a dancer though he loved it nonetheless, and did his best to follow Alaric's instructions. He hardly noticed when the music changed, too focused on not stumbling or stubbing any toes. Wasn't too hard...just a lot of...stepping here and there and ignoring the fact that he was the girl here.

No fair, Alaric being so tall. Pfft, oh well, it was fun!

After a minute or so had passed, enough time for him to get his bearings and follow Alaric's lead without stepping on his toes, Gabriel peered up at Alaric and gave him a sheepish grin. "...Y'know, I feel really, really gay right now."

Glancing down at his friend, Alaric gave a short laugh, sliding his hand low on his back and dropping Gabriel back into a dip. Dropping his voice into a husky, dramatic whisper and wiggling his eyebrows at him, Alaric grinned at him, "Well Gabby my love, that would be because you are gay."

Gabriel arched back and hooked his right leg around Alaric's waist, eyelids lowering into what he hoped was a seductive expression. "Mm, yeah. 'Cause you make daddy happy..."

The pair was receiving a few looks now, as there wasn't really anyone else on the dance floor. One hand came up to help support Gabriel's leg as Alaric straightened up, but kept Gabby's leg locked around his hip, "Why are you daddy? I think I should get to be daddy. I am leading you know. That totally makes you the ho."

"You're only there because I WANT you there," Gabriel answered with a sly grin, and would have been wobbling on one foot if Alaric hadn't been supporting him. "So that totally makes YOU my bitch, bitch."

"Oh?" Alaric grinned, arching one pale eyebrow, "I'm the bitch?" Moving a little faster now, pretty much holding his smaller friend up as they danced, Alaric glanced down at where his hands were holding Gabriel, "I'll only be the bitch if you promise to spank me Big Daddy."

"Pfft, I'll spank you, alright! Spank you hard and long and rough with the PVP paddle! Again!" Gabriel waggled his eyebrows and grinned, doing his damnedest not to think about where Alaric's hands were--or that he had a leg wrapped around him and was basically being carried around the dance floor. "'Cause I know what a glutton for punishment you are."

Alaric snorted, "Yeah right. I'll make you cry like the little girl you are." He didn't really mind that they might look a little odd. He let Gabriel's leg down and twirled his friend out and then back against his chest before dipping him again, "You'll bend over - and take it like you always do."

Gabriel laughed, a little dizzy from being twirled and then dipped. "Always, huh? Who's calling who 'daddy' here again, eh? Three guesses!" He pat Alaric on the cheek, then gripped his shoulder again. "Hey...think you can do that twirling thing again? That was pretty fun, with the dip and everything."

"Only if you call me daddy." Alaric grinned and straightened, moving around the floor with his friend. It was fun to have so much room to move.

Leaning into Alaric's chest and following his lead, Gabriel laughed and looked up at Alaric. "Hah! Nice try but no way. Me daddy. You bitch. Twirl me, biznatch!"

Laughing, Alaric twirled Gabriel again and dropped him down into another deep dip, "Yes master. I'll remember this next time you come crying to me that some pervert wants to stick their sofa in your kitchen."

Gabriel flung both arms around Alaric's neck, laughing as he was dipped. "Wheee! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, bi--whu?" He stopped, eyes widening, and stared up at Alaric, cheeks a little flushed with the blood rushing to his head. "...You'd still help barricade the kitchen, wouldn't you darling?"

"I am hurt you would even ask!" Alaric laughed, pulling Gabriel upright again, grabbing his ass, "I totally have already claimed the right to put my big ol' sofa in your kitchen. You know you want it. It's leather."

"Leather!" Gabriel repeated, voice husky and face flushed from the rush of blood to his head. Gave him a nice blush effect--not that he needed help. "Oh gods...I...I want that couch in my kitchen. I want it in my kitchen right now, but oh! It's not too big, is it? It won't...hurt anything, will it?" he asked, fluttering his eyelashes and pressing his hands to the sides of Alaric's face so he could give him a long soul-gazing look. "I just got new floors..."

Alaric gathered Gabriel close, giving anyone watching a rather funny show as he bent down to look deep into his friends eyes. And he was a little impressed at how straight be managed to keep his face, only a slight twitching at the corner of his mouth giving him away, "It's a fold out lover. So it can be any size. And don't worry. I brought some felt foot pads."

Gabriel bit down on his lower lip and it was an effort not to look away, because with Alaric looking all dead serious and him trying to remain all serious... "Oh..." He swallowed, fighting down the laughter bubbling up in his chest. "Pfff...felt pads...you know just what I like, love," he murmured, nearly losing it but somehow holding on. He pressed their foreheads together and let his voice drop to a throaty purr. "Makes it slide in smoooooth..."

Alaric was sure he was going to burst into laughter at any moment. He was sure. But he managed to keep it down a bit longer, his voice overly dramatic, "Just as long as you don't make me use a couch cover."

"For you, my darling, never. It feels so much better without," Gabriel answered seriously. "But you have to clean up your own messes."

"I just got a new mop, so don't worry." Alaric managed to keep the straight face for all of a minute. But Gabriel was looking so damn serious. Alaric bit down on his lip, not wanting to be cracking up in the middle of the show, but he couldn't totally control it. It was just too funny.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:35:54 am »
After having watched the two for a while, T'liika decided to make a move. He set his glass down and made his way onto the dance floor. His course was to intercept the two young ones.

Once there he tapped Gabriel's shoulder as indication he would like to speak. Once he had their attention, he held out his hand and smiled to them. "May I cut in?" Although he would prefer to take Gabriel's place, he didn't exactly indicate whom the request was towards.

Dante is still playing his music.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:46:26 am »
Gabriel had been about to reply with some other weird pun when a tap on his shoulder made him stop and twist around to look.

T'liika.

The guy Alaric had kissed.

The guy Alaric had run to Gabriel in a panic over because he'd kissed him.

He'd found them.

Gabriel glanced back at Alaric, then looked back at T'liika and flashed him his most cocky, shit-eating grin. He slid his hands down until he was grabbing Alaric's ass and pulled the taller Pilot closer. "He's my bitch tonight," he said, still beaming. "You want 'im? You're gonna have to take him."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:58 pm »
Oh /gods./ Alaric flushed guiltily, looking down when T'liika came over. He had been stupid and angry when he kissed the other Pilot, wanting to lashout at Remi. And now the other man had the wrong idea.

Feeling totally awkward and very unsure, Alaric clung tighter to his friend, giving him a pleading look. Then blushed even darker and gave a small, startled laugh when he felt Gabe's hands on his butt.

Feeling a little better knowing Gabe was there and wasn't going to abandon him, Alaric gave a wide, fang filled smile, "I am the bitch. It's true. And Big Daddy is just so possessive."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 03:37:51 pm »
T'liika allowed a smile to creep over his lips as Gabe became possessive over his little 'bitch'. Though he couldn't help but catch the look of panic that Alaric had before Gabe had started his act. Fair enough, he could still work with this.

The smile evolved into a sly grin as he brought a hand up to cup Gabe's cheek, allowing his thumb to caress in small circles. "Ah, now who said anything about me wanting to steal away your bitch tonight. Perhaps it was Big Daddy that I wanted to steal a dance with."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 11:19:19 pm »
Gabriel couldn't help but grin a little smugly, because he'd finally gotten Alaric to admit to being the bitch, but the grin quickly fell away when his plan backfired. T'liike caressed his cheek and Gabriel's face darkened. What. The. Hell. For a few seconds he was stunned into stillness--he hadn't thought this far ahead because this guy was supposedly into Alaric and this was supposed to have worked!--but when that wore off his first impulse was to jerk away.

He didn't, though. He felt himself tense, felt the urge to recoil or smack T'liika or both, but beat it down and stood his ground instead. This was about defending Alaric's honor, after all, no matter how uncomfortable that gesture made him.

With another cocky smile, he reached up and covered T'liika's hand with his own--and then tightened his fist around his fingers, squeezing them together. Hard.

"I don't think you'd like dancing with me," he said too sweetly, while to Alaric he 'pathed, panicked mental voice completely at odds with his physical one, "Uh, Ally, I thought this guy liked you!"

Sure, he didn't mind taking one for the team! But he couldn't help but feel a little worried that this might not turn out like he'd planned. He had limits, here!

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 11:40:36 pm »
That...Alaric hadn't expected that. A look of hurt surprise flashed across his face for just a moment. He knew he hadn't wanted T'liika to come over and still felt awkward around the Royal, but the idea that someone actually liked him had made Alaric really, really happy. Some place deep inside it had thrilled him in a way he couldn't really express that someone had found him desirable. T'liika wasn't even bad looking and Alaric had liked talking to him, he just wasn't Remi, that was all.

And he liked Gabe. Of course he did. Everyone loved Gabe. Alaric had learned to control his expression and the teasing smile was back, but inside he felt cold.

Dear little Alaric. I told you. Kazef's voice was smug and purring, You just never listen. I was trying to save you this hurt.

Alaric chose to not reply to the dragon, instead his grip tightened around Gabe a little, his mental voice a just a little shaky, I guess I was wrong. Looks like he just wanted to get closer to you.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 12:03:14 am »
The key word that T'liika had used was 'perhaps'. He pretended to give Gabe the once over, then shrugged. "Perhaps you're right..." Giving a little pause when the blond squeezed his fingers hard, he arched a brow. Seems he was stirring up more trouble then he had anticipated.

"Besides, I didn't actually confirm that I wanted to dance with you. Though I would like to have my hand back so that I might be able to take your bitch for a spin around the dance floor." He turned his attention to Alaric and became a little worried when he saw the remants of hurt there. He certainly hadn't meant to cause that sort of reaction. "Of course that is he's willing to amuse an old fool."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:16 am »
Gabriel started to make a face before he caught himself and plastered the smug look back on. "Don't say that, Ally. I don't want him." He paused and arched an eyebrow. "I don't even really know him. Guess you lucked out, though. Means it should be easier to get rid of him."

Because unlike Alaric, Gabriel had no qualms about telling some amorous dude where to shove it--and not in a place said amorous dude would enjoy.

"People don't usually say stuff like that unless they're considering it, sir," Gabriel told the Pilot Royal, giving T'liika's fingers one last crushing squeeze before letting go and sliding his hand back down to rest on Alaric's hip. "But in case you didn't get the hint, he's my date. He can also make his own decisions. Better check the entitlement complex and ask him before you try and spin anyone anywhere."

Okay, that was really snappy, but Gabriel couldn't help it. The guy kind of creeped him out and that made him hostile.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:14:20 am »
This had kind of killed Alaric's mood. He knew it was stupid and selfish, but he really had been excited someone had liked him. But it had been a false alarm and to top it all off, now the asshole was doing what everyone else did. Just pretend he wasn't there and talk to Gabriel. What? Was it hard to miss the blue alien with the big horns that was standing half a head or more taller then everyone in this place? Did the third eye cause some weird camouflage effect he had missed?

Alaric's voice was cold as he gripped Gabe tighter, "Actually, I do care. I make it a point to not dance with people more interested in my friends then in me. Plus, I really never dance with people that can't be bothered to speak to me. Now excuse me but I am going to dance with my friend here. Sir."

With that, the alien waltzed away from the Royal. He was pissed and hurt and sick of people treating him like he wasn't there. Alaric gave himself a shake, shoving all the anger and self-pity down and he grinned at his friend, "It's because you are such a tease you know. The old men can't resist it."

Alaric dropped Gabe into another low dip, "'Sides, I should have known better. I'm sorry I got you involved in that."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 07:02:12 pm »
Okay.... it seemed that T'liika had just managed to mess things up worse then he thought that things would be taken. Like as if he would be more attracted to the short blond. The boy practically followed Roman around like a little lost puppy. For now he would make a tactful retreat and carefully plan his next move... which would most likely be in the form of an apology with a side of begging for forgiveness.

Dante was nearing the end of his set. It always felt so good to get out and play for other people, even if they weren't sure just what the hell he was doing. As the current piece came to an end, he allowed the notes to linger with a pause before he stood to take his leave of the instrument. He knew that there had been a bit of a scene on the dance floor when another person looked as though he had tried to cut in. Dante would have to replay the song later in his head to see the details of what had happened.

For the time being, he made his way over to the couple that had been waltzing around the dance floor and smiled softly to them both. "I'm glad to see that you both were able to make it. I do hope that my selection of music wasn't too old fashioned for you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »
As they broke off from T'liika, who appeared to have finally taken the hint and retreated, Gabriel relaxed again and took a deep breath, letting the tension flow out of his muscles. He really shouldn't have spoken so to a Pilot Royal, much less, y'know, try and break his hand, but that was crossing some lines and Gabriel wasn't going to take that shit from anyone--or let Alaric take it, either.

Though it was good to hear Alaric stand up for himself; made him proud!

But right. Enough of that, though. He and Alaric were here to have fun an no sense in letting some creepster ruin that.

He cracked a wry grin. "Tease, huh? And I wasn't even trying this time!" he said. "Must be my boyish good look--whoa!" With a surprised laugh, he threw his arms back around Alaric's neck as he was dipped low, but his smile quickly faded when Alaric apologized and acted like this was somehow his fault rather than his weirdo suitor's.

Gabriel frowned. "How is this your fault? I got myself involved, buddy. And besides--"

But before he could finish that train of thought, another voice cut in right behind him; Gabriel had to tilt his head back to see who it was, and got an upside-down view of Dante. Oh! He hadn't even realized the music had stopped; he'd been kind of distracted by...other stuff. He flashed the other Pilot a smile, the blood rushing to his head in this pose and making his face flushed. "We made it danceable," he said, "but it kinda was stuff my grandma listens to. Not bad, though!"

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »
More than anything, Alaric just wanted to go home, log on and destroy some damn monsters. He hated that everyone always seemed to only see Gabe. He was always in his friends shadow and it made him angry and hurt.

He loved Gabe. Gabriel was more than just a friend, he was more like the brother Alaric had never had. But sometimes, just a little, he hated his friend. He knew it wasn't Gabriel's fault, he couldn't help being extroverted, likable and attractive.

Instead, Alaric just grinned down at his friend, "Well, I should have known I was no match for your charm. It's those pretty green eyes of yours."

He blinked, lifting his head at the sound of the voice, "Oh. It was um....you played it very well." He straightened, lifting Gabriel with him, "It was very different than what is normally played here. A refreshing change."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »
Dante chuckled softly at the two of them, a warm smile crossing his lips. "I'm glad that the two of you were at least able to find some appreciation from my music." The fact that the two had found a way to enjoy themselves while listening, made it all the better.

"Forgive me if I am being too forward, but would the two of you join me in a drink before I head back to the citadel. I must admit that I am feeling much too energized now, just to head back right away."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:35:04 pm »
Gabriel had to grab onto Alaric's shoulders to keep steady when he was pulled upright again, a little dizzy as the blood rushed back down. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, straightening out the messed up bangs and wiping his face in the process. It was pretty warm in the room from so many people dancing and producing all that body heat; even with the AC on, that didn't stop it from feeling muggy.

"Forward?" Gabriel arched an eyebrow. All he'd asked was if they wanted drinks, and Gabriel for one was kind of thirsty. He shrugged it off as Dante just being Dante (which was strangely formal and overly polite, in Gabriel's opinion) and looked at Alaric, patting his friend on the shoulder before detaching himself and straightening out his rumbled clothes.

"Yeah, I could use a drink. What about you, Ally?" He wasn't much of a drinker at all--bad things tended to happen when he got drunk, like his rather unfortunate tattoo--but after all that had happened tonight, a little alcohol might be good for the soul. Just enough to loosen up, relax, and think happy thoughts. The DJ had taken over and put on some good dance music and T'liika seemed to get the hint so there was still time to salvage the night.

But...

"We don't have to stay if you don't want to," he told Alaric in his mind, mental-voice concerned even though his expression was his usual jovial one.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:53 am »
No. It's okay. Really. Let's get that drink and have a party! He really just wanted to go hide, but...that wasn't fair to Gabe. And Alaric was starting to get a little tired of that. Tired of himself. People liked Gabe because Gabe was...fun. Alaric just needed to get better at being like that around people besides Gabriel.

Giving Dante a fang filled smile, Alaric gestured for the other man to lead the way, "Sure. I think one drink wont hurt." He couldn't handle too many, as his body couldn't process the poison as well as a humans, but one wouldn't hurt. And at least Dante seemed as awkward as he was. That was a plus!

Man Gabby darling, all the men want my bitch tonight. I think you wore those fuck me jeans on purpose tonight. Alaric gave Gabriel a slight nudge and a grin as they made their way over to the bar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal