Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Let me see your hips SWING (OPEN)  (Read 631 times)

Anonymous

Let me see your hips SWING (OPEN)
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »
Second to last day of doing whatever she pleased before it was back up to home and looking after the kids. She'd tried to get out of it, but when you have no purpose and no other way of surviving, it's hard to get out of.

Spotting a playground, she crossed the busy street and stood just at the edge of the bouncy safety ground. There were no children on the playground - and it was pretty sad as far as fun places to play go anyway. A couple of swings, a dilapidated slide and something she thought was meant to resemble a merry-go-round. Still, it was better than nothing and she had some texts to send.

Fortunately her skinny little bottom fit in the largest of the two swings, so she was able to start pushing herself back and forth as she brought her phone out and began tapping at it awkwardly, both arms wrapped around the chains and yet still trying to come together to use the phone, which she wasn't skilled at texting with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Let me see your hips SWING (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »
Bundled up in a loose ball, Daughlie looking out from under the shadows of the playground. Off to the side, the lack of sunlight made him far from obvious. His knees were tucked up to his chin and his strange arms were wrapped around him in a loose grip. Daughlie himself made an odd fashion statement, wrapped up in off-white cloth, strange shoulder pads that looked like they were made of metal. Arms were fake, the elbows had odd looking hinges at the elbows and wrists. Intricate looking wires ran through it and he could move them fine.

His attention was taken away by a girl going to sit on the swing. Daughlie had to turn his head a little more to the side, he was blind on the right side and covered it with a mask. It was appealing to the eye, white with a bright swirl of red where his eye would have been under it. Daughlie would have loved to have gone over and say hello, but the bits of glass stuck in his torso made him afraid to move. Daughliewould have grabbed them himself, but his less than dexterious fingers would have only made it worse.

They weren't lethal, but they were stuck, so that obviously meant that they would hurt some-what badly. Asking for help wasn't out of the question. Taking a breath, the strange looking young man lickedhis lips before clearing his throat. "E-excuse me? Miss? Could you help me?" A simple question, he could sit here for a little while longer if she didn't want to help him.

He moved his legs when a slightly gasp, there were three pointed bits of glass in random places on his torso, blood stained the cloth around the glass shards and while they looked back, they were only just a little stuck.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:53:43 pm »
Second text sent. It was annoying that she had to work so many details out just to travel onto the surface, but Teinar had to be kept safe and, well, the Adael didn't like people knowing where they lived. Most Teinarians didn't even realise a whole 'race' (so to speak) lived right above their heads, in the inhospitable region they called the Wasteland.

"E-excuse me? Miss? Could you help me?"

Svindri was caught so off-guard that she fell backwards out of the swing, landing on her head. Fortunately she relaxed her neck muscles in time to simply collapse harmlessly, but she must've looked ridiculous with her legs all up in the air. Nevermind that - someone wanted help, so they probably weren't about to go all judgemental on her.

Why couldn't she feel them? Was there something going wrong? Was she malfunctioning? Oh - wait; she'd forgotten to turn her empathy on (to put it simply) so she wouldn't be able to sense him. Now she could.

A strange sight greeted her eyes, but she didn't have time to look him over properly before she saw nasty shards of glass sticking out of his torso. With a gasp of sympathy, she squatted down in front of the odd-looking person. She could feel the pain coming from him, although he didn't seem angry. "How can I help?" The obvious problem to her was that he had glass all through him - but maybe he didn't mind that. Judging from the blood seeping from him, though, they were at least part of the problem.

[[Sorry for the abrupt ending - being rushed out of the house. Will edit for more detail later, but this can be replied to!]]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:11:32 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 02:48:22 pm »
A quiet gasp and Daughlie sat up a little, let out a breathy call of pain and sat back down, one awkward arm out in an extremely lame effort to try to catch her. It would have been impossible if Daughlie was whole anyway, and his awkward reach only made the glass dig in deeper, stuck against the cloth around his torso. Daughlie looked down a moment and when he looked back up, the strange young lady was right there.

The awkward young man offered her a pained smile before closing his eye and moving his odd hands out, the fingers curled into a fist before flexing open very slowly and curling back up. "I... I can't pull out the glass. I fell down," More like a hate crime and he was pushed, "They got stuck.." He pulled his lower lip into his mouth and turned his head, keeping his chest still. "Could... you get them for me? Please?" His one good eye, a comforting brown colour, looked to her, scanning her face.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:27:46 pm »
Svindri's attention was caught for a moment by his strange arms, shoulders and the mask over his eye, but it was more important that she help him. Then she could gawk all she liked. Perhaps he'd return the compliment at her flat, noseless face. "Ohh. Of course."

She pursed her thin lips and looked at the glass carefully for a moment. "Hold still, honey." Although she knew that she'd feel bad causing him pain with her empathy still active, she couldn't turn it off in case something unexpected happened. Taking hold of the first piece of glass as firmly as she could, given the thin film of blood, she drew it out of him and set it on the ground as far away as she could reach without leaning. The other two followed suit as quickly and gently as she could manage, and then she shifted her muscles to the back of her legs so she could sit back without falling over.

"Is that all?" She asked, as gently as she was able to. Svindri wasn't a natural nurse, but she was horrified to see this man being unable to get glass out of his own body. He was helpless, for some reason. Who got glass in themselves anyway? "Do you want me to call somebody to take you to hospital or something?" She indicated the lump on her leg that was her cellphone.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 06:09:57 pm »
Honey. Daughlie felt his lips pull up into a smile and he closed his eye slightly, he liked that. Being called honey. He stayed oddly silent while she was pulling out the glass, only letting out held breath and opening his eyes slightly, his teeth were clamped onto his inner cheeks and if his fingers could twitch they would. The feeling of the wounds was nicer than them filled with sharp owwie objects.

Once they were out he gave a long sigh and brushed the awkward fingers over his chest. Turning to the strange looking woman, girl? Daughlie smiled bright at her and quickly his face fell as he half extended an odd arm. “I’m... Daughlie. Thank you very much for your help.” Hm. Introduction. Now his name. Was it polite to ask hers in return? He gave her leg a glance before he shook his head and smiled again.

“No... No thank you. I’ll heal fine. What is your name? And what are you?” He lift a hand to hover in front of her nose. Or rather, in front her lack of nose. It made him curious to say the least, but he smiled, friendly as ever even those he was about to poke her in the face.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 07:54:15 pm »
Svindri noticed the male's face moving as she pulled the glass out, so she looked up to make sure that he wasn't showing signs of pain. He seemed to be smiling, which was an odd but positive sign.

He seemed to cycle through facial expressions, like he was afraid one would stick if he kept it for too long. "Of course I had to help, Daughlie." She said his name slowly, trying to copy his pronunciation exactly. It wasn't a very difficult name to pronounce, but it was unfamiliar to her. And she loved new words, even if they were only names.

She jerked back when he put a hand up to her face, and then smiled sheepishly when she realised he wasn't going to hit her. "I'm sorry. I'm not used to people coming near me," she explained, feeling bad that she'd jerked away from him. She put a hand down to steady herself until she'd rearranged her leg muscles again, and then set both hands on her 'knee' - which was much higher up her leg than humans' because she needed the lower leg to be longer for balance. With her 'ankles' bending at an angle a human's couldn't, she looked very odd.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? It's not every day that you get glass stuck in you - is it?" Her eyes went wide at the thought and she looked at his chest carefully as though she could see scars from years of everyday glass-impaling through his white - well, pink now - wrap. "My name is Svindri." Frowning, she rocked for a second while she considered how to explain herself to him. "I'm an Adael - we're mutated humans, basically. What are you?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal