Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dragon questions...  (Read 820 times)

Anonymous

Dragon questions...
« on: December 01, 2008, 11:24:07 pm »
Hey there, potential new player here.

I had an idea I was turning around in my head, and I know this game's pretty open, but I want to make sure I don't overstep any boundaries or anything.

So firstly, and maybe I need to read around some more, but is there more info on the dragons themselves and what they do?  (Besides what's given in Aedolis's description.)  Even what they eat, maybe?

And secondly, what becomes of a pilot if their dragon were to die?  Like, not the mental effects on the pilot, but what society would do with them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Dragon questions...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:29:48 pm »
The dragons eat...well meat i'd think personally. but that's just me. You know, carnivore, meat....makes sense no?

As for the pilot thing. A pilot is a rare commodity, relatively speaking, so if I dragon were to die in some way that pilot would almost certainly be snatched up by a pilotless dragon quickly. Society would treat them as society is told to treat them, because a pilot's word is law.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:36:42 pm »
Yes, that would make sense.  ^^;  But, you know.  Part machine and whatnot.  Thought it was worth asking.

What, then, if there was extensive mental damage to the pilot gained through the incident that killed the dragon, them being connected at the time?  In such a way that would render him incapable of connecting with another dragon?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:06 am »
Good question! I don't know what they eat. xD But I would imagine meat, as well. They probably hunt the creatures that roam around outside of Aedolis' protected areas. :3 As for the dragons themselves, they're a varied and eclectic lot. Their personalities and looks vary from dragon to dragon just like with people, so a lot of the things about dragons are left up to the player. However, a lot of their behaviors are a mystery--for instance, how they come into being. They're not born like a normal dragon would be, from an egg. Rather they're created, and they see to creating new dragons themselves. Just how they do it is largely unknown and a rare occurrence, so it's likely also a difficult process. But they are also known to 'assimilate' any normal dragons that they come across, too.

As for the effects of a dragon's death on a Pilot...it's traumatic. It could outright break some Pilots, though a strong one could make it, but not without suffering some damage, potentially lasting damage. It's a very tight mental bond--often an emotional one, too--so getting that abruptly ripped away is very damaging. I'd say the effects would also vary from Pilot to Pilot, and I would also say effects might include shock, catatonia, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, etc. Some Pilots have been known to become suicidal after losing a dragon.

If they can pull through it, they could probably go on to get chosen by another dragon. :3 Society would view them the same as any other Pilot (though perhaps with even more respect for them, if they could pull through something as severe as that). A broken Pilot would be retired.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:47:03 am »
Thank you both!

There's the important question then: Where would a retired pilot of that nature go?

And secondly, what are my chances of being able to get someone like that to Teinar?

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 01:19:31 am »
Not sure really.

My instict is to say not much, since the pilots don't know Teinar exists, so for a retired pilot to be there he'd have to escape Aedolis, discover Teiner (A feat no one loyal to Audolis has mamaged to do and live to tell the tale), then hide the fact that he was a pilot, which would be hard since there's that port they have on their temples. It'd be pretty hard, maybe possible, but hard.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 05:04:51 am »
All right.  Thanks again.  

Just trying to put together something interesting but feasible and at the same time allowing for something that a friend and I would both want, so your info is much appreciated.  I'll be reconsidering some things.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal