Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just questions before I dive into the forum  (Read 636 times)

Anonymous

Just questions before I dive into the forum
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:39:18 am »
I know this is probably cliched, but I'd like to ask the admin (and any willing members) how they would rate their own current activity. I know there's probable fluctuations and I just wanna know if I can start sometime soon (possibly next week) and expect replies fast or wait a while. Usually, I like to join at a high-time.

Also, I wanted to ask; when was the last time the "Wanted Characters" list was updates. Is it me or are all types of people listed there? O__o But I totally want to make a pilot that went nut-job >3 It will be awesomepossumsauce.

Much thanks,
'Bircs
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Just questions before I dive into the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:40:17 am »
Activity definitely all varies from person to person, and we have all sorts here. Some of the people here post like the rabid posters they are, some take a bit longer. Me, lately I've been getting in a couple of posts a day, though on a good day when I wanna go all "posting spree" on someone's bum, I can get in a bajillion if I try. xD I work and go to school, though, so my time's been a bit crunched. And we do have a lot of workin' adults and studying students here.

However, everyone here is dedicated and a large chunk of the people here have been part of the game since it started over a year ago. So on the plus side, you don't have to worry about players vanishing from the face of the Earth and all that. ;D

A lot of us also have a lot of characters, as you've probably noticed. x3 That's not only because we have so many ideas, but hey, it also keeps us constantly busy. I'm in a bunch of threads with different people, so I aaalways have a thread to respond to, so even if one of the people I'm posting with can't get on as often as usual due to busyness or somesuch, I'm still happily occupied. ^_~

But anyway, there's always someone posting. xD We're very active right now, and get a number of new IC posts a day. So you'd get replies no problem.

---

I need to update the Wanted Characters list...though it's still fairly accurate! Aedolis, for instance, is popular and definitely the most active part of the game. It has a lot of Pilot and Pilot Candidate characters, but not too many average Joe civilians or average military personnel.

However! <3 We always love another Pilot. ;D They're quite fun, and if you make one, you're basically guaranteed instantaneous and easy integration into the game. Pilots are rather tight knit, and we have fun figuring out who knew who previously or who was who's former mentor and stuff like that. So I say go for it!

The other areas are growing. Teinar is definitely seeing more action and a surge of characters, and so is Edanith. Thanatos Inc. does need more scientists and subjects and CEOs, and the Space Stations need more lovin's, too. ^_^
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:19:49 pm »
Yeah this site (plus RotE's older sibling Spirits of the Earth) is pretty active.  I'm just starting up again though I've been here for a while and I've been looking somewhere to dive in.  But for the most part I'm on here every chance I get and I'm generally good on posting replies (most likely within the same day).

But basically Rhi answered the question up to par!  *gives cookies*

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:42:38 pm »
A lot of us are pretty active. I know I'm on here at least once a day sometimes for hours  depending on the number of posts I have. >.> hehe. Most of us are darn friendly too so you'll be able to get questions answered or at least pointed in the right direction. Most of us have MSN and are really talkative.

That's a little rambley and I dunno if I answered the question but...yeah. *is tired*

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:41 am »
First off, I want to thank you all for the reply :3

It's good to hear that the site is pretty active but not falling over itself. If I could, I'd like to start my first RP here with one of you (once I finish my character) ^^

Also, about the abundance of pilots; I was hoping to make a candidate that got kicked out in the later stages of the program and got stuck in TRIM. However, I would prefer to make a character that can be RPed in an active place, but is not many in number itself. If that makes sense...?

Regarding the Aedolian caste system, what about service workers (maids/janitors) in upper caste areas (though they live in their own caste's levels) could they work for upper-caste people? And therefore be influenced by them?
As an Indian, I know all about caste systems and such, so I'm curious to play characters in a system that's been abolished in India for about half a century.

Finally, in Teinar, could there be trained fighters that are reputed for killing mutants? Like a bounty-hunter more than a government one? I'd love to make a Teinar bounty hunter :3

Above are my three ideas for characters. All of them are around equal stages of production, so personally, I'd like to create something that someone would like to see on the board :D Any suggestions is cool ^^

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 02:00:11 pm »
Hey

I think I get what you mean. TRIM, by nature, is very much less communal than say Aedolis. With TRIM generally what happens is you find a subject and a researcher and the two players just play alone, maybe with another researcher or subject thrown in. But yeah, TRIM isn't as popular.

Yes they could, and yes, I suppose they could.

There's not a lot of canon on the Teinar military, so i'd say go ahead.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 07:27:13 pm »
It could be interesting to do a group of people who hunt mutants in Teinar above ground!
I don't think I would mind making one of those maybe.
It very likely wouldn't be government because that's sort of frowned upon and time on the surface is supposed to be limited.

Your ideas all sound very cool. Go for it!

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 12:04:03 am »
I've finished the char. But do I have to take some special permission beforehand in order to be a leader? 'Cause I wanted a group called Bounty Hunters and my charrie to be the leader.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 12:11:42 am »
If it's a major board location like Teinar, you would need permission to play the leader of that, but because it's your own special group of characters, you can play the leaders!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal