Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Canyons Aren't for the Wingless [M. Moon]  (Read 937 times)

Anonymous

Canyons Aren't for the Wingless [M. Moon]
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:08:54 am »
Standing at the edge of the canyon, the wingless figure sighed. The striped, puffy hair at the tip of his tail danced slowly in the wind, waving like a black and white flag. He longed to able to fly like his brethren did, if only once. But having been born with deformed wings and then later having them clipped... he had no chance of ever doing so without mechincal help.

Crouching down, a claw hand picked up a rock, looking at the small object. He stared for a moment before standing and throwing it as hard as he could out into the canyon. It flew out for ten or eleven metres before it began to sink towards the ground. That's what was frustrating about Mars... gravity wasn't the same.

Turning away from the edge, Kama began pacing back and forth. He was taking a break from making old fashioned pots as he had become frustrated lately. It was just life seemed so dull and pointless. A forked tongue slid from between his lips, flickering out in the air. "Yhw tsum i eb Eht Sselgniw Eno?" he asked, speaking in common backwards. It was a habit he had aquired while younger.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Canyons Aren't for the Wingless [M. Moon]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:16:47 am »
Krystal stalked around. She didnt know where she was...she just ran away from that place where the scientists were. She saw someone by a canyon. She walked over and sat by him. "You need a lift?" She looked at him. "Unless you just want to enjoy the scenery.."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:24:06 am »
Kama blinked. Then blinked again. "And who might you be?" he asked, raising a stripe shaved eyebrow. If one noticed one thing about Kama, it was that he went to extremes to achieve the striped look. He shaved, he dyed, he painted and he pierced. Hell, he even had a striped air freshener hangng from one of his wing stubs.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:56 am »
"My name is krystal..." She looked across the canyon. "And you?"
"also...one does not need wings to get across this...." She jumped the canyon, and jumped back. "see?"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 11:33:50 am »
He hesitated. Who was this crazy, canyon jumping person? "Kama... Kama Draconus, local potter" he said, looking unamused. "It's not a matter or wanting to jump from canyon edge to canyon edge." He voice was un emotional. "But it is a matter of wanting to fly. As you can see" he said, wiggling his wing stumps. "It's not the most easiest thing for me."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:38:30 am »
"well, nothing is impossible..." She closed her eyes for a second. "One doesnt need wings to fly." She hovered above the ground. "If you cant fly on your own, I can help you with the next best thing." She extended a paw. "And dont worry, I wont drop you."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:06:25 am »
"Bah!" he exclaimed. "It's not the same" he said, waving a hand dismissively at her. "I'm an outcast, obviously or not, to myself and my kind. What kind of gargoyle cannot fly by his own accord? To be able to freely fly by my own flesh and blood without the aid of another being, whether organic or mechanical, is like a human man able to care for his mate and offspring." He didn't want help. He wanted the wings he never had, nor never will.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 01:14:03 pm »
"Well, What kind of kitsune looks weird and is labled as a psyco war machine? I tried to escape my grim fate at the lab, but it trails me." She stared at the ground.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 11:40:55 pm »
Kama shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I don't even know what a Kitsune is, yet alone what a weird looking looks like." His wing stubs twitched yet again, the feeling of wind rushing past stirring primal instincts to fly. He didn't feel simpathy for this... creature. He had enough problems of his own, yet alone those of a thing that was labled an odd-looking physco war machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal