Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: To Pilot Royal Volk, From Pilot Echo Anderson  (Read 414 times)

Offline Blink

To Pilot Royal Volk, From Pilot Echo Anderson
« on: May 18, 2018, 11:55:50 am »
Pilot Royal Gregor Volk,
   First and foremost I want to apologize for my reaction to the image you sent me. You have to understand that my entire life I have believed my biological parents were either dead or just living their lives somewhere without me. Imagine my shock when I'm sent a picture of a woman who I had to double take at. My heart dropped and instincts took over of how impossible all of this is. I gave up wondering where I really came from a long time ago and was at peace with my decision of embracing my peers as my new family.
   That being said I also want to stress how brave I think you are for reaching out to me the way you did. However, I feel it could have been handled a little more discreetly. While I may look strikingly similar to the woman in that picture named 'Nadine', it means nothing. I will, of course, require DNA testing before I fully believe any of this. Coincidences aside if all of this turns out to be a hunch gone wrong then we will both look and feel like fools. You for assuming things and me for allowing someone to sway my opinion on something I have believed to be a fact for a long time now.
   If I am in fact your child then we can take the appropriate steps to mend whatever it is you are searching for. While I am aware you knew nothing of my existence I must also stress that my life carried on. I have a mother, a kind woman who showed me that it's okay to let people in sometimes. I also have a father... a father that no one could ever replace. While neither of them is bound to me by blood they still sculpted me into the pilot I am today.
   If it turns out I am not your child well then, I hope you find them. I also hope you find a more private means to make them aware of your possible paternity.

Regards,
-Pilot Echo Sparrow Anderson of the Adstreia Hellions.

Marakai2.0

Re: To Pilot Royal Volk, From Pilot Echo Anderson
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:46:43 pm »
Pilot Echo Sparrow Anderson,

There is no apology necessary for your reaction. In retrospect, I know that I should have handled the entire situation much more gently. And so, that said, I believe that it is I, rather, that owe you the apology. And more than one, at that.

A DNA test is something i will readily and easily accept. That is no issue whatsoever, and I completely understand. I would also understand any skepticism on your part, as this for simply come from nowhere. It must have, from your point of view. And that is my second apology.

I understand - truly - if even you do turn out to be my child, you back out of your statement about taking the "appropriate" steps. I'm not saying you will, mind, but there is just that chance. I, for one, have honestly no clue what those steps are. While it would make me very happy indeed to be able to kindle some sort of parent-child relationship with you, if I must I will remain content simply knowing you exist. That is, of course, if you are indeed my child. I know you've had your own life, and I mine, and I would not want to force myself into yours unbidden. That would be incredibly selfish and imposing of me, and I realize that, on top of the recent events regarding your commander, would only cause undue stress. So, there are no strings attached other than our knowledge of each other.

And if it turns out you're not....well, I thank you for your concern and well wishes, and apologize for the embarrassment. I will also be sure to do what I must to rectify the error, for both of our sakes.

Sincerely,

Pilot Royal Gregor Volk, Travica Titans Squadron Commander

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal