Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nicodemo del-Nestore, Knight  (Read 471 times)

Offline nephero

Nicodemo del-Nestore, Knight
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »

fullview

*Gotta get up, give it all I got or give up
Spit on, shit on, stepped on, but kept going I'm tryna be headstrong
But it feels like I slept on my neck wrong

Theme song: "I Will Not Bow"

{NAME}
Nicodemo del-Nestore

{ALIASES}
Il-Novilunio, the shared name that was used to refer to both they and their mech.
“Novilunio” online

{AGE}

{GENDER, SEXUALITY}
Agender, goes by “they/them” pronouns
“Anyone who won’t try to baby them” for their sexuality

{SPECIES/ETHNICITY}
Mooostly human.
Libran native.

{HEIGHT/BUILD}
5’10”, getting a little skinnier these days.

{OCCUPATION}
Knight in the Libran Military, though there’s been a lot of push to get them to retire or take a desk job. Which they ignore fervently.

{RESIDENCE}
Libra Station

{PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION}
Tall, with brown skin and short-cropped black hair, there’s some very real suggestion that Nico’s line originated in ancient Adela. Which is probably true, but don’t you ever say that to their face. And who would want to? While they’re mostly human, their eyes possess a deep black sclera and piercing golden irises, and when Nico gives someone the staredown, they are not often the one to blink first.

Over their skull and along their spine are several ports where wires connect from their mech directly into their nervous system. These port areas tend to be more sensitive than other parts of them, and they will openly recoil if carelessly touched in one of those areas.

{PERSONALITY}
A lot of Nicodemo’s… quirks lie in the fact that they are in constant pain. It varies from day to day, but for the most part their nervous system is shot, resulting in either lowkey sensitivity to heat and cold and touch, to days where it takes everything they have to get out of bed and put their shirt on in the morning. They are bitter, they are spiteful, they are short of any kind of patience for bullshit.

ROLL WILLPOWER
Nothing short of death will stop Nicodemo from doing what they set their mind to. Even existing in a constant state of pain doesn’t deter them  from their goals; it only makes them want to push harder, go on longer, to make it to the finish line even if that means they’re reduced to a ball of agony for days.

They absolutely despise the idea of someone “taking care of them”, and will violently reject help if it’s offered in a way that makes them feel like they can’t handle doing something on their own. They are fueled by bitterness and agony and that just makes them want to stick a middle finger up to Existence's face and tell it to sit and spin. They keep going out of pure spite and the whole ‘woe is me’ schtick gets under their skin real quick.

FUSE, WHAT FUSE
Nicodemo is not a patient person. They will say things once, and only once, and failure to meet expectations following that will result in them being downright hostile. They’re not a forgiving sort in the slightest, and there is a very small threshold between ‘regular everyday grumpiness’ to ‘a gigantic stormcloud of pain and suffering with your name on it.’ …Considering they walk with a cane that makes for a great smacking device, it’s best to not incur the latter emotion.

THE BEST OF THE BEST
Nico is not very great at accepting weakness. They believe people can do better, and will push those around them to make the effort when they believe less than 100% has been put in. This can be a little intense, of course, because 100% for Nico may be 150% for someone else, and it usually takes an open admission of “I can’t” before Nico will let up.

…BUT NOT 100% A DICK
Nico understands personal boundaries. They struggle with establishing their own boundaries every day of their lives— either because of their gender and pronouns or because of their disability. As such, once they know a line is drawn, they will never cross it; even to be cruel, even to cut a person down, even if that was the only way to hurt someone they absolutely hate, they will never cross that line. Their integrity simply won’t allow it, and their integrity is something they will never give up.

Fun Facts!:
  • Has a vast collection of walking canes, and some pretty damn ornate ones at that. Their favorite is one topped with a silver wolf skull.
  • Enjoys reading, but has trouble getting comfortable. So they have a good stereo system set up in their home to play audiobooks wherever they happen to be situated.
  • Loves cooking and makes one hell of a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Mostly because it’s easy and doesn’t always require heavy lifting.
  • IDK, has a tramp stamp? Maybe?

{SPECIAL ABILITIES}
None!

{RELATIONSHIPS}

A string of attempted boy and girlfriends, all miserably failed. Nico wants to connect to people, but their fear of being treated like a pity-project often gets in the way of anything lasting or sustainable. Probably has family, but likely not a great relationship with them, either.

You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me and love another
You have shattered all of my dreams

Reese Plantina, who Nicodemo loved dearly. But when Reese's affections turned to another, Nico was forced to take a step back and out of their life. Nico stayed close friends with them after they broke up, but they've never quite gotten over it, nor over Reese's death.

{HISTORY}
Nico was part of an experimental attempt to up reaction times in Knights during combat by incorporating direct connections between man and machine. The experiment, while successful in producing far better piloting capabilities, was an utter failure in that extended connectivity had a degrading effect on the pilot’s nervous system, resulting in paralysis, misfiring nerve endings, chronic pain and in some, death. Being unsustainable, the project was scrapped, but Nico remained in active duty through their sheer refusal to step down. They still pilot their mech when needed, but have received more and more “pushback” from their coworkers and superiors, who want to see them take it easy now that the war’s over.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:11:16 pm by nephero »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal