Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Be Good To Yourself [Goblin!]  (Read 641 times)

Cheesigator

Be Good To Yourself [Goblin!]
« on: November 18, 2017, 06:37:12 pm »
Lately Adele had noticed there was something a bit... Off about the Valkyries' resident Ice Princess.

A gentle breeze tousled their fluffy pink hair as they strolled down the sidewalk, the Solartan sun starting to sink lower in the sky as the days grew shorter with the changing of seasons. It was just breezy enough they felt comfortable wearing a lightweight washed out denim jacket, tanktop and harem pants tucked into a pair of simple sneakers. They were still getting used to the fact that they had to dress so lightly and casually out here, the heat didn't really allow for any crazy complicated outfits like they preferred in Haviah.

They also figured it would be a casual enough outfit for visiting Nishi and dragging her off to go shopping with them. They hadn't really spent a day alone together yet, despite all the times they'd been together on outings with the rest of the Valkyries for drills, mudboarding, general shenanigans, etc. and Adele felt it was long overdue.

Especially when she seemed so sad lately, and they still felt so bad about accidentally ditching her at the Soul's Night party. Time to fix it.

They took in a deep breath as they gently rapped their knuckles against the door of Pilot Royal Neeko Reynard's apartment. It still made them antsy being anywhere near Neeko; they felt so little in comparison to a guy like him, it felt so odd being here. Just as strange as it'd been the few times they'd been to Yavul's home--they hated it.

When the door opened they gave Neeko their best smile; they'd messaged him earlier with their plan, gotten it pre-approved. He told them Nishi was in the bedroom, and Adele snuck on in to poke their head in the doorway, spotting her on the bed under the covers and getting a sneaky grin as they crept over to the bed, slowly, carefully, andddd... POUNCED!

"Nishi!! Come hang out with me! Just the two of us--let's go shopping." They chirped as they knelt on all fours above her on the bed, tail waving with excitement as they grinned cheekily down at her.

Offline GoblinFae

Re: Be Good To Yourself [Goblin!]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:07:24 pm »
Nishi was burrowed under soft covers when she heard their front door open. That in and of itself was nothing to really concern herself with. Neeko was free to come and go as he pleased. What did give her pause though was the sound of his voice. One did not usually talk that quietly if they were headed out unless someone was at the door. She groaned to herself, knowing it was another case of someone she was not in the mood to see coming to see her. Her covers were viciously yanked above her fluff ears as she held her breathe and prayed whoever it was would go away when they thought her asleep.

It was not to be though as a body solidly thumped onto the bed around her and a voice was chirping in her ears. The Kitsuni grumbled and attempted to wiggle her way further under the covers and through the legs of her assailant. She did not get far though before she got stuck and whined high in her throat.

"Addie, I don't want to go shopping," she complained, having recognized the voice of her fellow squadmate. "It's sleepy time now not shopping time now."

Cheesigator

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:14:33 am »
Aaand that was exactly what Adele had been afraid of.

Like a popped balloon they seemed to deflate a little, letting out a soft sigh through their nose as their tail drooped. Yep, she was definitely still upset. And she had every reason to be, for how Adele kept blowing her off--not on purpose. Never on purpose. Hannibal had tried to help them make it up to her too and she just... Was done.

Addie suspected it might have to do with something more than plans falling through to hang out with her squadmates, but that was just a wild theory with nothing to actually base it on.

Addie pursed their lips, unsure of how to proceed. Sure they had had a few friends in Candyland, but actual friends they cared about and wanted to keep was a bit different. They didn't really know how to handle this, how to make her less angry with them, and the fact that they were so clueless was so infuriating.

"Nishi, it's already pretty late in the day, shouldn't be bedtime for ya just yet." They poked what they figured was her shoulder though the blankets made it hard to tell. "Please? I miss seein your pretty face, Ice Princess. I'll even buy you food?~"

They tried to keep optimistic, but they could only hide so much of the exhaustion from their voice. The sleepless nights full of nightmares made worse knowing they'd upset someone so important to them, it was miserable.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:06:39 am »
Nishi sighed, her small body deflating under the covers in defeat. For several heartbeats she was still and quiet. Then, having made her decision, the covers were dragged down to her waist as she looked up at Adele's chest. Her ears were drooped sadly and her eyes somewhat sunken, reflecting her own sullen mood. Nishi said nothing as she moved her neck to crane up and watch her squadmate's face. There was a tiredness there but also hopefulness. The Kitsuni could not bear to crush that. She had been cruel enough already and still had yet to apologize properly. Perhaps this could be a means to start on the road to repairing broken bridges.

"Do I have to get dressed?" Her voice was soft and resigned as she thought about dragging herself from the comfy bed and changing out of the navy yoga pants and plush matching hoodie. Underneath the covers her tail lazily swished from side to side, bopping against Adele's legs that weighed down the covers and prevented further passage.

Cheesigator

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:07:17 pm »
There were a few moments of pause where Adele was actually worried she was still gonna say no, and unlike what happened a few nights ago, they weren't gonna try and drag her out this time. If she really wanted to stay in bed and mope, then that was her choice, even if they didn't like it. They didn't have to. It was their fault she was here in the first place.

They had been about to take in a breath to get up and leave when finally the sheets rustled, and then a pair of the softest white ears Addie'd ever seen popped out from under the blankets, followed by the cutest tired face as she looked up at them with a pout that made their heart ache. Hell, they hated themself even more right now if that was the face she'd been making this whole time cause of their selfish actions. The realization was obvious in their eyes as Addie's features twisted with worry and regret, and yet when she spoke they gave her the saddest smile as they leaned down and rested their foreheads together after a bit of shifting to a better position.

"If you wanna go out like that that is fine. I promise I won't poke fun, Ice Princess." They resisted the urge to cup her face, because they also had the strongest urge to kiss her all of a sudden which was a tad bit alarming, but they ignored it as they sat up better, worrying their lower lip beneath their teeth as they took in the sight of her looking so fuckin precious on that bed under them for a moment before they slid off the mattress to let the poor little thing up.

"If you really don't wanna come along you don't have to. I just... I wanna spend time with you. I'm sorry I keep fuckin up, Princess. I wanna make it up to you." They said as they sat at the edge of the bed and looked away, glancing around her room and taking it in for the first time, still feeling oddly out of place there as they did so.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »
The moment their foreheads touched, Nishi's ears lifted slightly and she moved to rub noses with Adele in a loving fashion. She hated that they were not getting along, that her friend felt so far away and distant while she herself felt so heartbroken and abandoned. The feeling of touching, of feeling connection was reassuring. Nishi needed it, craved it as much as she did approval and acceptance. She could have been content to spend the days curled against Adele's chest listening to the beat of their heart but just as suddenly as Adele had leaned in, they were gone again, sitting at the bottom of the bed with their back to the Kitsuni.

She struggled up out of the covers and onto her knees to crawl after her squadmate. Her ears twitched at Adele's words but it was not something that Nishi was really ready to discuss right now. They both had things to apologize for but now was not that moment. Instead of speaking, Nishi wrapped her arms around her friend's neck, burying her face against their warm neck and openly breathing in their unique scent.

"Can I be your backpack today?"

Cheesigator

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:04 pm »
Adele had self-consciously wrapped their tail around their waist as they waited for her response, hearing the sounds of the bed sheets being pushed back, feeling the mattress shift under the little Kitsuni's weight, and yet they still couldn't look at her just quite yet, perhaps a bit afraid that if they looked over they would see her upset, or see her angry. Hell, they felt like they deserved the angry, even though they'd already gotten some of it the other night.

But instead they got the feeling of her arms wrapping around their neck, her breath ghosting across their skin and sending small shivers up their spine as she asked to be their backpack. They blinked dumbly for a moment before they looked at her, a bit surprised, and smiled with obvious relief as they reached up to gently caress and rub her fluffy little ears.

"Anything for you, Ice Princess."

This time they didn't pull away from the affection, their muscles relaxing a little as they soaked up the attention for all it was worth and then some, their tail tip flicking lightly with contentment. Part of them was tempted to just drag Nishi home with them and snuggle her all day, but maybe that could be later if today went well.

"Thought we could take a poke around the mall if you like, have you been there yet?" They asked quietly, closing their eyes as they ran their fingers through her hair.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:58 pm »
Nishi melted and purred at the touch. Her eyes immediately drooped shut as her full weight was leaned up against Adele's back. In their hands, her ears twitched and swiveled this way and that to get all the best attention in all the best spots. It was involuntary but not something Nishi would have wanted to control anyway. This was bonding and they needed this. They needed to get over this hurt and do it together, whatever that would take because family did not fight with family and Nishi could not bear it any longer.

At the question posed to her she simply shook her head, her nose rubbing lightly against Adele's collarbone. "Never went shopping much. Hasn't been much I've wanted or needed since I got here though. Do you need something, Adele? Have you been there yet?"

Cheesigator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »
Addie's smile only grew bigger at the returned affection from their dear Ice Princess. It meant she might forgive them, at least a little bit, and that was a start, right? They pressed a kiss to the top of her head, sliding an arm gently around her waist to pull her over to sit on their lap so they could have even better access to give both ears pets!

"Ahh, yeah I've been there a couple times! They have some good shops, and a lot of things that would look cute on you Ice Princess. Can we play dress up and put you in all the pretty things? You're just so cute I can't resist.~"

They said it with a grin as they wrapped their arms around her waist and buried their face in the crook between her shoulder and neck, breathing in her scent and letting it help them relax as they let out a soft sigh against her, starting to feel more and more at ease with every passing moment.

"After all, royalty has to have a good wardrobe." They teased, raising their face from her just enough to look up at her face, "Fancy dresses and shoes and all that~" They paused a moment, leaning in and whispering, "And maybe we could find some stuff Neeko might like for you too?~" They stuck their tongue out at her playfully, giving her a soft hair ruffle.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 11:59:09 pm »
She squeaked slightly as she was dragged into Adele's lap, though Nishi did nothing to fight it. Instead she tucked her head under her friend's chin and curled in comfortably. Her plush tail moved to wrap around their back, brushing against and overlapping their own lightly furred one. Nishi giggled softly at the puffs of warm air against her neck and gave Adele a warm squeeze in response.

"If that's what you want to do, Adele. I don't get how that would be fun though." Nishi cocked her head to the side, her ears twitching in curiosity as she craned her head to look up. "I already have shoes though. Lots of them!" She pointed towards her open closet where indeed there were several nice pairs of running shoes and one lone pair of heels from Soul's Night.

Mention of Neeko though did have the little Kitsuni freezing in Adele's lap. She darted glances back towards the door before leaning up to press her lips to her friend and squadmate's ear. "What do you mean stuff he might like?" she whispered quietly before worrying her bottom lip nervously. "Would it make him happy?"

Cheesigator

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 12:31:29 am »
Aha! Yes, excellent--she agreed to dressup. Score! That was, not going to lie, something Addie had been wanting to do with their Ice Princess for a while. Put her in ALL the cute outfits with ALL the cutest accessories and take ALL the photos.

They looked to where Nishi pointed on the floor, noticing all the familiar running shoes and the lonely pair of heels they'd entirely forgotten that she owned. They pursed their lips, fighting back the urge to chuckle because they didn't wanna hurt her feelings. Hell, Addie probably owned twice or three times as many shoes as she did, but hey, fashion wasn't for everybody. They shouldn't be judging.

The feeling of her lips against their ear made the slightest shiver run down Adele's spine, making them tug their lower lip into their mouth and bite on it to keep their thoughts from running too far. They couldn't put their finger on it but there was just something about her that made that difficult.

"Weeeeell," They tilted their head to the side, casually pulling their ear away from her mouth as they turned to whisper into hers instead, still massaging behind each tuft of fluff. "Yeah, y'know. Things that you could wear that'll make him extra happy." They grinned, giving her a tiny pat on the back before they slid their arms around her a bit tighter, sliding off the bed and picking her up enough to gently place her on the ground before them as they stood up and stretched, back arching with their arms to the ceiling.

"You'll see when we get there, Princess! Throw on some clothes and I'll lead the way.~"

As soon as she was dressed and ready, Adele wasted no time in taking her by the hand and almost skipping out of her home with Neeko. To the streets they hit and Addie threw an arm around her mid-upper back as they walked, the mall thankfully not being all that far.

"Nowwww what kind of things do you like?" They pondered as they ventured, looking down at her curiously. "Lace? Bright colors? Shapes?"

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 05:28:08 pm »
Her ears twitched and shuddered in pleasure at all the touching and soft whispers. It was hard to resist the urge to just melt into a tiny puddle of purring goo in her squadmate's lap. The words though peaked Nishi's interest, allowing her to remain focused and attentive instead. "Yeah, you really think so?"

She beamed up at Adele even as they stood and placed her back on the ground. Adele's words promised adventure and fun, but more importantly a chance for the pair to bond one-on-one, something the tiny Kitsuni needed desperately from her squadmate. Little feet were therefore hurriedly jammed into fuzzy socks followed by her favorite blue running shoes and her hood was pulled up over her head so that only her fuzzy ears poked out.

The fox-like girl was all too eager to be whisked away by her rat-like friend now that curiosity was getting the better of her. Her own hand once released moved to wrap around her companion's waist as her head rested lightly against their shoulder. The closeness was nice and their natural fire soothing to her own iciness.

The questions though made her falter slightly and look around in nervous indecision. "Uhhh, well um I like really soft things? You know things that feel good against your skin? I don't like being itchy. I've never really tried to fancy stuff either. But, I'd be willing to try if that's what you want Addie Angel. You choose," Nishi finished with a nervous shrug of her shoulders as she dug the toe of her shoe against the tiled floor. "Neeko likes blue...I don't know if that helps any. Sorry," she whispered the last word feeling low again at the inability to make even simple choices and decisions such as clothing preferences.

Cheesigator

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 01:58:03 am »
Adele hummed at the little Ice Princess's response, pondering as they nodded their head and looked around the clothing racks.

"Blue, and soft, well that should be pretty easy... Ah!"

Adele grinned, taking her by the hand and tugging her several feet along to a rack that had a bunch of extremely soft, lightly woven pastel blue fuzzy sweaters, looking at her and instantly knowing they picked a good choice as they pulled one for her in her size and handed it to her.

"So a big sweater, since you like those, aaaaand," From the rack over they plucked a short white pleated skirt and held it up to her hips and waist, a gentle touch on her hips from their hand turning her to look at one of the mirrors on a pillar nearby so she could get an idea of the outfit together.

"And a cute little skirt. Still showing off your hella cute legs while also staying sweet and demure? Now that's fuckin precious as hell. Neeko'll prolly love that. Throw a little scarf in there and some low-heel boots and you'll look sweeter'n pie! Yes/no?"

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 10:02:51 pm »
Nishi followed eagerly, enjoying the feel of her smaller hand tucked into Adele's. Their enthusiasm was infectious even if she was feeling a bit unsure still about the whole shopping thing. The fist item plopped into her arms though was reassuring. The Kitsuni rubbed the soft fabric against her cheek, purring very softly in delight at how it felt. Addie knew her so well picking a sweater for the Queen of Hoodie Thievery.

The skirt gave her pause though. While she obliged and held the sweater up to herself she couldn't help but continue to stare at the pleated scrap of fabric that came above her knees. She reminded herself she had worn shorts that were shorter than it but that had been for running. This was for...looking nice?

Frowning slightly, Nishi leaned her head back to look up at Adele uncertainly. "Are you sure he'd like this? I mean...I guess I'll try it on. It's not dorky though or too childish? I've never worn a skirt before," she admitted with a wince. "Floofy tails cause issues when excited." Nishi pursed her lips together as her cheeks flushed. She could already imagine wearing the outfit for the first time to show Neeko and the skirt flipping up almost instantly as her tail wagged behind her. Oh yes, he would love that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal