Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Tech Obsessed (Solo)  (Read 393 times)

Tech Obsessed (Solo)
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
The door slid open, and Kole leapt up from his desk, lines from the desk imprinted on his left cheek. His normally narrow eyes went wide, revealing the entirety of their crimson color. He had dark rings around his eyes, and his green hair was a complete mess. He stood unsteadily, as though the slightest tap could make the man crumble. His pants were undone, he only wore one sock, and he had no shirt on. Needless to say, Kole was not exactly expecting company.

"How'd you get in here?" He asked, his voice gruff from the short nap he had taken. "The door was locked."

The girl put her hand on her hip, looking him up and down. "Looking good, Kole," Gwyn said, nodding with her lips pursed. "You gave me the code, remember?"

He ran his hand over his hair, doing nothing to improve his appearance. "Oh, right. Right, I forgot about that." Kole disappeared into his bedroom, remerging a few minutes later with a long robe to cover his mechanical right arm.

"Did you also forget you were supposed to meet me at my apartment twenty minutes ago?"

"Gwyn, you're starting to sound like my boss."

She rolled her eyes. "It's horrible in here," Gwyn said. "How can you even see?"

The apartment was insanely dark. The curtains were closed, the lights were all turned off, and glow from the computer screen did nothing to illuminate the room. She turned on a light, and he squinted. "Why?"

"Because light is good."

"Coming from an illumnokinetic, that means nothing." He yawned. Gwyn scoffed at him and walked over to his curtains. "No, no, no, wait!"

She opened the curtains to let the daylight in, but found something much more interesting. The entire window was covered in equations and quick drawings on little note papers or just written directly on the window in dry erase marker. Gwyn looked at the squinting man with wide eyes. "Kole, what the hell?" She couldn't think of anything else to say.

He shrugged. "You know my deal," he said, closing the curtains. "I obsess. You knew this when we started."

"This is a bit more than an obsession..."

"I don't criticize your quirks," he said. She only had to look at him for him to take it back. "I'll be at your place in fifteen."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal