Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Angels for Freedom  (Read 1987 times)

Angels for Freedom
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:32:15 pm »
This has not been easy. Being part of this is probably the most difficult thing I have ever done, lying to my friends and my partner. I really can't even remember the last time I was genuine in front of those I care about.

I knew what I was getting myself into, though.

Things have been crazy lately with so many events being blamed on the Gospels, but I have yet to see any real differences being made...

So, in the spirit of freedom, let me hear the voices of my brothers and sisters... The voices of the angels of the battlefield... Who is still with us?

- Valkyrie

Offline Draconian

Re: Angels for Freedom
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:02:44 pm »
Why?

Do you have someting real planned?

- Rapid

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 09:05:42 am »
There's a dear friend of mine that was lost to me many years ago. He was in the Pilot Candidate Program with me, and as I young child, I was foolish. When he needed my help the most, I turned my back on him.

He was sent to TRIM early on in the program.

If I can't get him back, I at least want to get in contact with him. I don't know if it's something I could get help with, or even if it's something I could get intel on. Is there any true information on the security and layout of TRIM?

- Valkyrie

Offline Draconian

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 10:42:10 am »
So. No, you don't have a plan.
There are bigger fish. If you want to get into TRIM you're on your own.

I see no gain for the true soul of Adela by helping your dead friend.

Don't get caught. Maybe ask though. Depending on your department some of the information you need may be easy for you to get.

Good Luck with getting into space though.

- Rapid

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 11:44:44 am »
I have a contact who's willing to provide transport.

And my friend isn't dead. It's not just a desperate act. I've received information that he is alive, but not well. He's a powerful psychic, but wasn't able to control it at such a young age. Might even be a great ally, should I be successful in retrieving him from TRIM.

I'll think of someway to get the information. Just need access to the lab. Might have a way in, now that I'm really brainstorming...

Thanks for the input.

- Valkyrie

Offline Draconian

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 01:49:53 pm »
He's a TRIM subject.  They're as good as dead once they get there.

I doubt its worth your life.

Which is the cost if you get caught.

- Rapid.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 02:08:08 pm »
I understand what you're saying, and I know it's a harsh world now.

The ancient world of Adela was masterfully created, and nothing nowadays can compare. The Dragonriders of the past were an inseparable unit. It was like a brotherhood, or a sisterhood. No one would be left behind. I try to live with the same principles, even though it has become increasingly difficult with the Seekers watching for us.

If we live as every man for himself, what right do we have trying to hold onto or regain what Adelan society had?

I am all too aware of what happens to TRIM subjects, but if there is a chance this man could not only survive and escape from TRIM, but join the Gospels and help in our fight, why should he be abandoned?

- Valkyrie

Offline Draconian

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 02:25:57 pm »
Don't tell me about Adela or the old Dragonriders. What do you think those dragons turned into? It's not dust. It's the very network that keeps us alive and safe in the dome.

If you want to risk your life and career for an untrained non-Pilot psychic.

Gospel's aren't heros. But we do what needs to be done - sometimes its not good things. Good luck with your friend. Don't get caught.

- Rapid.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 10:29:23 pm »
Thank you. We may not be heroes, but that doesn't mean we can't act heroically. This man is worth it to me, and I truly hope he will prove an ally to our cause.

My plan to rescue him will be put into action, not because it is the first course of action, but because it is the only course of action I see at the moment. If you have something better, please tell me.

- Valkyrie

Offline Draconian

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 05:44:28 pm »
I do have something better.

Don't bother with the TRIM subject. He won't be a Gospel. He'll be an obvious link that leads directly to your execution.

- Rapid.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
Sweet gods.

If you want to squander your life on a suicide mission, be my guest, but do not implicate the Gospels in your foolishness. This is a mission that is doomed to fail. You are not just wagering your life here; if one of us is caught, it puts the rest of us at risk. We have to be smart here. You're thinking emotionally, not rationally, and I get that, he's your friend, but...

Okay, okay. So let's break this down.

1.) Somehow, you elude your dragon and manage to sneak away from them and shut them out of your head so they're not privy to your plan. I mean, possible. You'd have to be able to do that already to be a Gospel in the first place. But now we're talking physical distance here. You...somehow...get a space vessel with this "contact" of yours (let's pause for a moment and talk about your contact: are they psionic themselves? Can they shield their mind or are they an open book? Welp, they get caught, your entire cover is blown because anyone can get any info they want straight from their brain. Better hope they're a reflectivist) and you get up into space. Alright. Nice. Looking good so far.

2.) So now you...dock at the station? And hide your identity somehow? And get into the station. Alright, good so far. And then you...break out your friend?

3.) Here's where it really falls apart. You break out your friend. Somehow. Without revealing your identity. The space station goes into lockdown. Now your ship is compromised, because that's the first thing they shut down. How are you leaving now? Okay, okay, and let's say you fight off all the highly trained, armed, and body-armored security officers and folks who work with psychics for a living and use them as test subjects and who have probably, therefore come up with defensive and protective measures to neutralize such individuals? Being that's what they do at TRIM, experiment on psychics and mages and create technology based off what they learn? And being that something as simple as lead can block psionics? Anyway, let's say you fight off these people who deal with failed Pilot-trainees for a living. Guess who now knows you must be a Pilot, considering they'd be quite familiar with Pilot maneuvers? Congrats, they know you're a Gospel.

4.) Now EVERYONE knows you're a Gospel. The Citadel gets that alert, considering TRIM has a direct line to Aedolis. So let's say you get away on your escape pod or whatever. Now you have everyone in space hunting you. Congrats.

5.) Where do you plan on going? Certainly not back to Aedolis. That would be suicide. But you'll be hunted wherever you go.

6.) And about your identity? Well, we all know who you are now. Because when shit's hitting the fan at home and people notice, gee, I sure haven't seen Valkyrie in a while...wow, didn't they vanish around the time that candidate got busted out of TRIM...? They are missing still! Hmmmmm!

...This is a bad plan and you should feel bad.

-Indigo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:29:47 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »
You are irresponsibly proposing a suicide mission that puts all of us in jeopardy and then you preach idealistic nonsense about how we cannot act in a manner of 'every man for himself'. You are the one being selfish. You threaten us all with your ill advised plan, if it can even be called that.

When they catch you they will not kill you right away. You will be taken to the Axis Point. Your mind will be probed. Torn apart at the seams for information on the rest of us while you are physically tortured for your crimes. Then if you are fortunate enough you will be executed.

Of course if you decide to engage in this little plan of yours alone, as none of us are ignorant enough to join you for TRIM subject who will only be a further liability, I will execute you myself.

Understood?

-Prosper

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 10:07:44 am »
You must believe me when I tell you I hear you and your words do carry great value for me.

I may preach idealism, but it is not nonsense. Besides, what have we become if not preachers? We are seen as the greatest rebel faction in Aedolis, but what true rebellion has there been as of late?

I do my duties as a Pilot, lying to friends and my dragon partner as we all do. And you have my word that I will abandon this mission as a sign that I am forever more dedicated to the Gospels than any personal endeavor. That being said, it pains me to do so when there is little taking place. Gangs and lesser rebellions are taking action and we shut them down as Pilots, but we seem to have stopped contributing as Gospels.

There is no greater secret in our society than our true identities, but what are we to do? Keep conversing under secret names, like an overly glorified social club?

- Valkyrie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal