Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Ice + Fire Mages = Peril  (Read 4048 times)

Anonymous

Re: Ice + Fire Mages = Peril
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 06:08:24 am »
Vyne seemed to be enjoying herself, the twins did as well. Reshona however was not having fun. The sooner the ride was over the better. She could handle spacecraft but this was a whole lot bumpier. Thankfully her wrist communicator was telling her the ship wasn’t too far away. She pressed a button which would open the ramp and start the engines. That way they could leave almost immediately when they got to the ship.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 06:36:39 am »
Vyne sped the craft up so they could get leverage for the jump over the cliff. It shot over the edge and became airborn. She kept it speeding along, enjoying the wind just as much as when she was flying. If it scared the Mordacai (who was sending fear in all directions) all the better.

OOC: sorry it's so short. I thought that would be enough for Reshona to react to. :P *evil grin*

Anonymous

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 07:14:02 am »
Reshona managed to avoid screaming but in her mind she was thinking, “Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! I am going to die.”

The twins were laughing at their mordecai’s discomfort; they were linked to her so they could obviously hear her cursing and statement that she was going to die. She could swear the harpy was doing this on purpose.

Reshona thanked the gods and all that was holy when she saw the ship not far from them. She had never been so glad to see something in her life. It was buried in quite a lot of snow but the active engines were melting it now and any that was left the twins could deal with. Using their magic would be faster so she’d allow them to do it just this once.

Anonymous

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2008, 07:23:31 am »
Vyne stopped the ship in mid air. It floated perfectly stable above the ship. Vyne suspected the Mordacai behind her would be curled up in a ball behind her, from the amount of her the woman was still transmitting.

'If your eyes are closed, there is something you might want to see.'

The storm had settled and everything around was still. The sun that would take half a year to rise (I'm, assuming they're near a pole, right?) could be seen just peaking over the horizon. The world looked so pristine, no trace of humans other than the ship below them.

The warmth of the sun refracted in the world's weak atmosphere and sent colours scattering across the sky and reflecting red and gold across the snow.In Vyne's mind, this was the height of beauty. It would be a shame to leave this place.

'When your people terraform this world, do you think they will abuse it in the same way as the Earth?' Vyne's voice betrayed her sadness and her shame at failing her home world: Earth.

Anonymous

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 09:52:09 am »
Reshona’s eyes had been closed but she opened them when the harpy suggested it. The moment she did she gasped. The sky was dark since it was the wrong time of year for the sun to rise but colours moved across it in a wave like pattern. It was beautiful. Reshona was slightly envious of the harpy, who probably got to see it frequently. Somehow it made the trip worth all the hassle. Since she had left her homeland, Reshona hadn’t seen much natural beauty since she spent most of her time in Tynova. The snow had been nice for a while but soon got tiring. This was a completely new experience.

“When your people terraform this world, do you think they will abuse it the same was as the Earth?”

Reshona turned to the harpy, “Maybe…I don’t know. I won’t live long enough to find out.”

As spiteful and self-righteous as the harpy could be, Reshona had to admit living thousands of years and seeing everything that had happened to the world was probably not pleasant.

Anonymous

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 02:25:31 am »
'Does that mean you have no responsibility to it? There are things that I must do and I cannot do them alone,' she turned to the Mordacai, who was looking at her. 'When you return you will report me. I need no psychic abilities to know that. The Mordacai control even their collegues.' She scowled with hatred at Mordacai.

'I will be coming with you, it is time I got back into the fight.'

Sithon, Kasu. How do you feel about being heroes? Vyne asked through a gentle mind-link.

Anonymous

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 02:40:00 am »
Reshona was surprised when the harpy said she was coming with them. Was she crazy? She’d end up at TRIM!

“Maybe she knows that,” Reshona thought.

The harpy had lived a long time already and endured a lot, perhaps she was prepared for it.

---

Kasu heard the harpy’s words despite them being very quiet. That was probably so Reshona didn’t hear. But if they answered she would hear. Sithon however didn’t care and answered regardless.

”Really? How?”

Kasu sighed and replied to the harpy, “What would we have to do?”

Hopefully it wasn’t something that would get them killed. They appeared to be rebels amongst the mages but he was rather attached to living.

Anonymous

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 03:51:16 am »
This was going to be very hard to get out of this a free harpy. This age was not her own and neither were the weopons they could use. 'I need as much information as possible before we get there and I will not go through your Mordacai's mind to get it,' they needed to trust her and the only way to do that seemed to be to prove she wasn't going to let the Mordacai get harmed. Besides, only humans rifled through people's minds without permission.

Even if she did get captured, the information she could gain from these two could be enough for her to make contact with others willing to fight for freedom.

Anonymous

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2008, 03:33:39 am »
“Information?” Kasu asked, “About what? Edanith military secrets? We’re mages so we don’t know much about it. We’re kept ignorant.”

He could explain the basics of how the mage and mordecai pairings worked but beyond that he didn’t hardly anything. Letting mages have detailed information was dangerous.

Anonymous

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2008, 03:46:30 am »
'I have been away from society for a great time. Anything would be useful.'

Hopefully they would know their way around or know how each rank interacted. Every detail, no matter how small, may be the difference between freedom and capture later on.

The craft slowly lowered onto the ground in front of the ship's entrance before it melted back into the ground. She kept some of the earth close upon her body and around her feathers. She could use these later as projectiles or mould them into a small shield. Aloud she asked, 'how long is it to your base?'

Anonymous

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2008, 07:21:17 am »
What could he tell her? Did she just want to know about Edanith or did she want information on the other nations as well?

It was also a wonder Reshona hadn’t noticed them talking, she did keep glancing towards them though. She probably knew what they were talking about but choosing to remain silent.

“….Edanith’s military relies on the mages and mordecai but there are normal soldiers as well. Any mages that can’t be used are usually sent to TRIM. And there’s a TRIM base in Tynova, Edanith’s capital.”

Reshona then turned to the harpy when she asked a question, “An hour, maybe two.”

[OOC Vyne should be more clear with her questions >.< I really did not know what they should tell her o.O]

Anonymous

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 05:30:24 am »
'Good. What are you going to tell the other,' she let out a scowl, 'Mordacai? They'll find it unlikely that you found anyone here. The climate is harsh. They may even have sent you here to get rid of you.'

For Vyne, that amount of speach was close to a monologue. The only times she had made long speaches was when she gave pep-talks to soldiers attacking human cities, and that had been thousands of years ago.

Vyne contacted the mages again. Her touch was lighter this time, enough so that she could still pay attention and react to what was going on around her. The twins may only just be able to understand her. How are the buildings structured at the military base and at the TRIM centre?

OOC: The idea is that I don't really know, so you don't have to be too speciific if you don't want to. I guess I failed though. We could just skip over it if you want?

Anonymous

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:36 pm »
It was possible they’d been sent there ‘to get rid of them’ as the harpy put it, the Mordecai didn’t like Kasu and Sithon after all. Reshona was on good terms with most of them though so it couldn’t be that, could it?

“I’m going to tell them we found you here,” Reshona replied, “The point of our coming here was to see if there was anything alive around. And stop asking the twins for information. You’ll end up getting them killed.”

Reshona had heard them conversing and chosen to ignore it. But when the harpy was asking for information that could obviously be used in an attack on the base, she had to intervene, before the twins told her something they could be sent to TRIM for, or disciplined at the very least.

She started to ascend the ramp of the ship. It was ready for take off so they could leave as soon as everyone was boarded.

[OOC....Okay so I dodged Vyne's questioning o.O]

Anonymous

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2008, 08:40:54 pm »
Fair enough. Vyne didn't want the mages getting in trouble but she would have to find some way of getting information and she didn't like the idea of going through anybody's mind without permission. If they let her go in that would be the same as offering information and they would probably notice if Vyne went rifilling around. This was going to be tricky but she still had two hours to think of a way to get information.

The problem was, if she didn't go, she would still be hunted down. It would be best to go willingly so that nobody would think she was up to anything. If she went along with the charade, maybe TRIM or whoever would trust her enough so that she could gather information for when she did make her move. There wasn't exactly a time span on what she would eventually decide to do and what better way to find out information to assimilate... Perhaps this was one reason why her stupid, good-for-nothing sister had sided with the destructive ape decendants.

'Very well. What is the procedure for bringing in new... specimins?' The thought that someone would use her to be tested was perposterous but that was humans for you.

Anonymous

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2008, 08:16:19 am »
“They’re usually taken to TRIM’s headquarters in Tynova first then they might be sent to the main base depending on what kind of specimen they are or how they cooperate.”

Reshona suspected Vyne would end up at the main base because of her age. Maybe if she managed to live even longer she would survive and escape TRIM someday. All the livings humans would probably be dead by then though.

The Mordecai continued into the ship followed by the two mages and headed into the cockpit. The route was already set so she just pressed the button to close the airlock and let the computer do the rest. She wasn’t much a pilot but she knew the basics and how not to kill everybody on board.

Anonymous

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 05:21:18 am »
'What happens to them if they cooperate, or if they don't?' Vyne asked, she wanted to know her options ahead of time. Which would she prefer to go to? TRIM or the military? The military would probably be better because it would have more say in the governing of Mars.

Vyne crouched down and dug her talons into the floor. They didn't go in so the material must be incredibly strong. She would not be able to get out if she changed her mind about this. She did however have one trick up her sleeve - so to speak. She lifted a small amount of rock from the Martian surface and attached it to the outside of the ship. It would be there for safe keeping until she got to the military base. Once there she would turn it into small pebbles and hide them under her feathers. There wasn't enough to drag the ship so hopefully, it wouldn't be noticed.

Anonymous

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 11:20:59 am »
“If you cooperate you’ll probably be drafted into the military. But if you don’t you’ll end up at Edanith’s TRIM branch. Then if you continue to be uncooperative you’ll probably end up at the main branch.”

It was possibly Edanith might want the harpy as a military mage but Reshona suspected she would end up at TRIM because she was psychic as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 10:18:25 pm »
Vyne sat calmly in on the floor, each time the ship tilted she would lean slightly. It was as though the movement meant nothing to her, that she was in tune with the flight of the ship. Sitting still was something she was used to, though normally when she remained still she was controlling a rock or using magic.

Anonymous

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 03:51:58 pm »
Kasu was impressed that the harpy could sit so still despite the ship’s movements, he and Sithon had to resort to holding into things since they didn’t want to be strapped into one of the chairs. Sithon especially liked ships and took every opportunity he could to explore them.

His fun was cut short however as they soon reached Tynova. Reshona landed the ship somewhat sharply since she wasn’t the best pilot in the world. Already some mordecai had assembled, Reshona had sent a message to them when they started flying.

This was it for the harpy, become a military mage or be shipped off to TRIM.

[OOC Shall we call that it for this thread? The ending's nice and vague ^^...Even though we know what happens...Meh]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal