Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Ice + Fire Mages = Peril  (Read 4047 times)

Anonymous

Re: Ice + Fire Mages = Peril
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 02:00:20 pm »
[OOC As long as Reshona doesn't die you can do whatever you want with her whilst she's unconscious ^^ It isn't like she can fight back]

“Not really,” Sithon said shrugging, “We can knock Reshona out anytime really.”

Kasu strategically elbowed his twin in the ribs then to shut him up.

“No it’s fine,” he replied.

Whilst it was true they had a method of subduing their Mordecai, they didn’t use it very often because she’d get used to it and they didn’t want to hurt her. They only did it when it was an emergency which it had been. She’d probably wake up soon however and would be pissed. Despite her usually lenient attitude towards them, she would almost certainly be angry and would find some way of punishing them. Her punishments weren’t usually that scary though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 06:55:38 am »
'I am going to talk to the Mordacai. Do not disturb us, I do not mean to harm her,' she told the children.

Vyne slipped into the Mordacai's outer mind and floated past memories. Mordacai! I am here. she sent through the woman's mind. She was not a strong psychic but she was more practised than her annoying little sister. You have been concussed and I will help you out but first I want to see if you are as good as the boys say.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 07:50:25 am »
Reshona woke up to total darkness, or she thought she woke up.

“Must be some kind of crazy dream…” she thought, “But why am I asleep?”

Then she remembered what the little devils had done. Sure she had gotten angry at the harpy but knocking her out hadn’t been necessary!

Suddenly the harpy’s voice rang out through her mind. It must be a really bad dream.

“You have been concussed and I will help you out but first I want to see if you are as good as the boys say.”

That was certainly odd and now she knew she was dreaming…but the harpy was a psychic…Wait was it going to root around in her brain?

“Are you going to kill me if I’m not?” she asked tentatively.

She hated psychics for this exact reason.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »
No. I told the twins I wouldn't harm you, so for now you are safe. Only humans intentionally harm their guests.

Vyne remained on the outside of the Mordacai's mind. I could have easily come in without your knowledge and pulled what I wanted out but that is something only Mordacai enjoy: I ask permission. Show me what you would show me, I will not harm you.

Truthfully, Vyne would have killed the Mordacai if it wasn't for the words Sithon and Kasu. And probably eaten her too. She was passing up good meat and roots were getting harder to find. Perhaps it was time to see her sister once more.

Inside the cave the rocks were wobbling dangerously. While Vyne was focussing on her psychic abilities, her other abilities became unfocussed. Finally they crashed to the earth and smashed.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 05:23:54 am »
[OOC Short >.<]

Okay…She really hated psychics, even if they were being polite and asking. It wasn’t just because the harpy had been insulting her earlier; it was psychics in general she didn’t like. Someone should not being to root around in your head and read your thoughts and memories. Sure she could communicate with the twins to some extent using their psychic link but she didn’t look at their memories, Mordecai just couldn’t do that as far as she was aware.

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 08:54:21 am »
You could try not shouting your thoughts at me. Though I agree it is rude to go in without permission, it is hypocritical for a Mordacai to complain. You people destroy mages just because they are different to you, that they have something you don't. Tell me, if you were to capture me, what would happen? That is far worse than me going into your mind.

If you want me to wake you I will. Sithon and Kasu will be worrying about you if I stay any longer. I warn you now though: if you harm them in any way I will eat you.

OOC: I've noticed I used Demya's name by accident a few times. Sorry about the confusion.

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 09:13:08 am »
We destroy mages because they are different to us? I have never killed a mage in my life. And you don’t like me because I’m a Mordecai, why is that any different? You’re just stereotyping us.

I would never Kasu & Sithon, they’re my responsibility and as much as they drive me crazy I do like them. They would still be military mages whether they were bonded to me or not…Actually no one else would take them so if they weren’t bonded to me they’d be at TRIM. And isn’t that worse?

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 09:39:56 am »
Yes, you people destroy them. You may not always kill them but you destroy their minds and wills, make them think they are inferior, unhuman. The difference between me hating Mordacai is I've seen what they stemmed from, seen how they became and what they became. So far you are the only one I've met who actually considered their slave to be human.

Why do you think you are still alive? And does not the fact that they would be sent to TRIM to be used as subjects prove the cruelty of the Mordacai?

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 10:34:56 am »
I’m probably still alive because the twins told you not to hurt me. Which is probably why they knocked me out, so you wouldn’t have reason to.

We individual Mordecai are not to blame for the slavery of the mages though. We are people born with unusual abilities as well. If we were to disobey Edanith’s military then we would be sent to TRIM also, or killed. You hate Mordecai yet we’re the same of the mages. The ones who abuse their control over the mages do it because they are essentially powerless themselves when it comes down to it. It isn’t right, I know that but the habits of centuries are difficult to break.

And if you feel so strongly about how mages are treated why are you stuck here in this wasteland tormenting me. Wouldn’t it make more sense to do something about the cruelty?

The harpy thought herself superior. She was up on her high horse sneering at the humans down below. How could she understand when she didn’t experience it? It was like the man who had everything telling the starving how to live.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 03:07:31 am »
That is mostly true but I am also still unsure what you are like, which is why I am in here in.

I will admit, I did not know that Mordacai were forced. It was suggested to me but I thought humans were at least smart enough to not control what they once worshipped. Your people really are pathetic.

You are Mordacai; you have more power to change it than me. It is not my fight either. I am fed up with humans and all they do. I will have nothing to do with them. All I have to do now is wait until you wipe yourselves out.

But how much longer would that be? She had been here for centuries, millenia perhaps, waiting for something to happen. Perhaps it was time to come out and fight again.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 07:20:24 am »
The harpy wasn’t going to get it. So why should she even bother trying to explain.

I think I want to wake up now.

Hopefully the snowstorm would have stopped by now. She just wanted to go home and away from this harpy. The harpy had suggested that being a Mordecai she was able to change things, not really. One person could not change the minds of an entire nation.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:24 pm »
Very well. Hold onto my probe and I will move you with it.

Vyne slowly began to rise through the layers of consciousness while being careful not to touch any of the Mordacai's memories. Finally, she made it out of the woman's mind and woke to the cave. She looked around at the mess the falling rocks had created. She dusted them aside with a brush of her wing.

'Greetings again boys, your master will be awake shortly,' she said. There was no sound of disgust in her voice. Even though the unconcious woman was a mordacai, she did not seem unwantonly cruel. She turned to the Mordacai.

'You can wake now. The wind is still howling but if you are desperate to leave I will help you.'

Whether the Mordacai liked it or not, Vyne would be coming with them.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 10:09:26 am »
Kasu and Sithon could only wait until the harpy broke from her trance now, hopefully she wasn’t tormenting Reshona. She said she wouldn’t hurt her but mental torment might not fit into the ‘hurting category’.

However she wasn’t gone very long before she finally emerged and even said she would help them get out.

/////

Reshona was woken by the harpy’s voice, not the best thing to wake up to but at least she was awake again. The harpy even offered to help them leave. But this seemed a little suspicious to her. Was she just concerned about the mages or was she going to cause more trouble for them?

She sat up and looked across at her two charges, they were both holding some kind of model, Sithon a spacecraft and Kasu a big cat of some variety.

“Yes, we need to get back to Edanith,” Reshona said.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2008, 07:21:58 am »
Vyne nodded then looked to the stairwell. A rumbling sound echoed through the cavern and the roof shook. The earth buldged into a shape similar to and oversized umbrella with a plough at the front. The plough would push snow out of their path.

'This will do,' Vyne said. 'Where is your ship?'

Vyne was going to come with them to Edanith or wherever it was they were to report to. It had been a long time since she had had contact with other creatures and she was not looking forward to the prospect of being around so many minds. They would all be clutterring her own thoughts and would make her own thoughts open for others to view. She would have much time to train in these abilities so she would have to block them off all together. She could not even place a link between her and the Mordacai woman in the cavern: it would be dangerous for all four of them and perhaps others if Vyne succeeded in recruiting others.

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2008, 09:47:59 am »
Reshona had to admit she was impressed when the harpy made a crude plough to make a path through the snow. Though crude it looked stable enough and the harpy seemed to know the snowy region well, she did live their after all.

“Our ship’s just down the cliff from where you found us.”

The twins had suggested sliding down, fast but dangerous. Hopefully the harpy had a better plan then the two fire mages.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2008, 09:09:01 pm »
'I can turn this into one large sled.'

And she did. Earth shaped like the bottom of an olden days boat folded from the plough part of the transport. The umbrella stayed the same and was connected by thick rock poles. There was still a lot of open air that would pass through so it would be cold. Hopefully this would appease the twins' sense of adventure.

'Are you ready?' she asked. She flapped up to the sled and perched at the front, that way she would be able to guide the sled. She realised that the others would not be able to hold on well so she created two little benches, much like those in the original types of boats. 'Hold on tight.'

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 11:21:53 am »
Reshona shivered slightly when she saw the sled, it looked stable but the twins’ grins unsettled her. They climbed in eagerly followed by their Mordecai a little shakily.

Now the rock was open Reshona realised just how cold it was and she couldn’t wait to get back to the heated ship and shortly afterwards back to Tynova. She just wanted to get home and have a long hot bath. The twins had been complaining about the cold before maybe being exposed to it again will make them quiet and obedient.

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 04:06:57 am »
'You are shiverring. If you are cold, why not let the boys warm the air?' Vyne suggested. There was not as much ice in her voice as earlier. 'If you are scared though, I will go slowly. Be assured, I have total control of this vessel. I could have this fly if need be.'

The strange boat started moving slowly towards the steep sloap she had found the trio at.

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 11:44:23 am »
“I’m fine,” Reshona replied.

She wasn’t really scared; the twins just had this smile which foretold dark things. It sometimes made her wonder why she put up with them. They hadn’t looked disappointed that they wouldn’t get to use their magic again, they had probably shown off enough for one day.

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:28 am »
The unusual vessel sped through the snow, easily avoiding hidden rocks. It lifted in the air for a few moments and Vyne let out a birdlike call, similar to the ones her annoying sister always made.

Vyne moulded the seats a bit so that the Edanith humans would be strapped in properly. The Mordacai probably wouldn't like it but it was better than if the woman fell out and died.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal