Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Colourful adventures! [Lion!]  (Read 7047 times)

ARAD V1.0

Re: Colourful adventures! [Lion!]
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 07:51:34 pm »
Kath answered his smile with a soft nod. "Coming right up," she answered, before grinning smugly and glancing at Senna. "You had something planned this evening?" She asked, wrapping an arm around Senna's shoulder and pulling her closerhead, still grinning. "So, how long has it been, Neon?" Senna let out a mildly annoyed sigh at her friend's teasing.

"It ain't like that. And y'know it," she puffed her cheek and struggled against her friend's grip. All the while blushing softly. "Get us both a coffee and just.. Go watch some romcom flicks," she breathed. Kath, taking this as a victory, could only chuckle as she stood up, gesturing at the waiter to clean another table. She made her way to the bar and started to work on preparing the two drinks.

Senna took a deep breath and glanced at her pilot again, shaking her head. "She's a menace." With another soft sigh, she reclined in her chair. "I didn't have anything planned, Avvy. Just wanted.. A good time," she chuckled softly. "And a nice meal. But we can slouch around at your place when we get back." She glanced at the bill and took her wallet, flicking out a credit chit that would adjust to the according amount. At least it wasn't too expensive, considering on which ward she lived.

Offline Lion

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 09:40:48 pm »
To be scrutinized under Kath's glare was agonizing. Avaster was used to it under different circumstances, but to be leered at under the premise of being match-made just caused his skin to crawl. It was nothing personal, and certainly nothing to do with Senna. He just wasn't at that stage in his life yet where he was ready to be set up, and he certainly wasn't going to let the owner of a bar and grill like this be the one to do it.

He didn't say anything as she left, because it likely would have been scathing and he just shook his head.  "You're not really going to make me watch those sill rom coms again are you?" he asked with a forced hissed. "Maybe we ought to just get that coffee to go."  He chuckled and felt the blush on his face slowly fade away.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, let's just crash at my place. We'll have a proper bash there because there really isn't anything I can think I'd like better than to hang with my best bud.  Unfortunately Jon Nash isn't available, so you're the runner up."  It was a tease of course. No one really wanted to be his friend.  Only Senna got stuck with him.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 04:06:13 am »
"Gods no," Senna answered with a shudder crawling down her spine. Due to sheer abhorrence and her body temperature faltering slightly. It'd be a headache when they got at Avaster's place. She doubted he possessed any kind of thermal clothing of blankets or any of those. So it'd either be with an uncomfortably warms shower or bath. Or another's body temperature. Well, after a solid year, she was sure her pilot understood how important is was for her health. Crossing bridges once you reached them and all that. "There's some new horror flick, if you're in the mood for it," she suggested.

Senna glanced over her shoulder, gesturing at the woman. Who seemed to understand it, nodding. The discomfort she caused Avaster was obvious. So Senna felt obliged to stomp out that feeling. "Don't worry.. She savours these kind of things. Does it to everyone that she knows remotely well," Senna said with a faint smile. "I've known her for some time now. She just enjoys teasing."

Kath arrived at the table and placed the two cups down, wordlessly communicated by Senna they'd take it on the go. "Here y'are. Special brew just for you two," she beamed, pulling up the credit chit, before scanning it with her datapad. "And voila," she murmured, pocketing it. "Hope you two have a good evening," Kath stated with a sincere smile. No teasing or elbow prodding.

Senna got to her feet with a soft sigh and turned around to hug her taller friend. "Thanks Kath," she stated softly. "It's alright Neon, off you go," she stated, face contorting slightly in a scowl. "You should move out of that place," she mused. "I don't have money. And I don't want to take yours," Senna answered easily, taking a step back. She turned to Avaster and nodded at him. "Let's go?" Came her inquiry, picking up the cardboard cup.

Offline Lion

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 12:16:49 am »
Kidding aside, Avaster did his best to brush off Kath's previous words and sentiments. It wasn't the worse thing that had happened all day. No, that had come earlier before Senna even showed up at his door. He was glad he could count on his Duo to make the day more interesting, and certainly better than it had started off. What more could he ask for in a friend?

Sentiments aside, he got up when they were ready to go and they headed out the door. Finally, he could breath out a massive gust of air and he carefully blew it against the current of his coffee. The small ripples reminded him of the trace routes left in star maps during training.  "Okay so that was weird," he said gently. "I know she means well, but Kath always struck me as kind of...overprotective . I guess it comes with age.  I dunno."

He shrugged and put a gentle arm around Senna's shoulder.  "Come on, we've gotta catch up on that blood and gore you so eagerly suggested earlier. Because if there isn't some zombie-headsmashing, I don't want anything to do with it."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 12:13:27 pm »
"She's one of the few people who knows what happened," Senna answered. "Y'know.. Who I am and all that," she said with a soft sigh. "She wants to protect me at all time." Senna took a deep breath and pushed herself closer against Avaster's side, to seek out his warmth.

"Well.. Yeah. It's an awesome movie. I can promise you that the length, headsmashing ratio in minutes is roughly 5 to 1. So you'll see gore at least once every five minutes," she stated with a soft giggle, before shaking her head. "You'll enjoy it."

Offline Lion

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 05:09:09 pm »
The walk back to the apartment was uneventful, for which Avaster was grateful. The door slid open before them and when he was back inside, he kicked off his shoes and flopped back on the couch like he lump he'd been before Senna had dragged him out of his cocoon.

"Come and flop down next to me, seeing as you're already radiating cold like a snapped nitrogen pipe," he said and pulled the blanket he'd tucked in from the back of the couch and flung it over him.  "Senna, when I first met you...I'm not going to lie, I thought you were a little much. But, I'm glad we're friends. I just want to tell you that.  You're really the only other person I have that I can trust."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 04:08:38 am »
She walked in after Avaster, locking the door behind herself. A habit she developed from living in the ward she lived in. Immediately lock the door behind you, or you'll have some unwanted guests garantueed. Senna took her boots off as he talked, glancing up at him with a soft chuckle.

"Thanks. I'm glad I met you as well, Avvy," she replied with a soft smile, before making her way over, catching the blanket and stepping onto the couch from behind. She begun to wrap herself in the blanket, before resting as close to him as possible, trying to leech off his body heat. Head resting on his shoulder.

Offline Lion

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2017, 12:15:38 am »
The feeling of another body against his was rather startling, but one that Avaster could stand if it was Senna. Since leaving home, he didn't have much in the way of friends, and those he spoke with he became acquainted with on more congenial terms, but none he would let lounge on his sofa or steal a soda from his fridge without a complaint.

Others, however, could go suck eggs.

He was quiet for a while as the TV turned itself on and began scanning channels until it found the appropriate one in which he wanted to watch.  "Stop," he said gently and laid his head against Senna's cool flesh.  "You know, if you need some heating pads, I can let you borrow some, this way if I'm not around, you have something else to keep you warm.  Whatever happened to that cat you were trying to lure into your apartment?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2017, 01:15:57 pm »
"Well, yeah, those would be handy," Senna answered, grabbing his hand with a soft sigh. "But not now," she chuckled softly. "I'm staying the night here, so to save your heating," she suggested with a soft huff, before looking up at him with a grin. "Or, unless, you'd want to be my body pillow," she said with a soft, teasing chuckle.

"I'm kidding, by the way," she added, before snuggling closer against him. "Just enjoy the gore.."

Offline Lion

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:58 pm »
He laughed aloud, cackling and throwing his head back. "Actually I'm laughing because it's funny you mentioned it.  I have a body pillow," he said with a chuckle.  "And I hate it. Terribly.  And I want you to have it." 

He gestured to the corner of the living room where a large sack like object was propped up against the wall.  "That thing.  I call him Jeffrey. Not sure why I gave it a man's name, but it seemed fitting.  But you can have it, and call it whatever you."

The movie began with a scream and an axe being ploughed through a woman's head as she stared at the screen. The body slumped and there was a gloved hand at the base of the axe, and just then the masked-killer was shown and stalked back into the trees, dragging the ankle of the dead woman behind him.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:06:10 pm by Lion »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2017, 05:04:00 pm »
"Oh gods," she answered, breathing out softly. "I.. Don't want Jeffrey," she replied, shaking her head softly. "I don't wish to know what happened to him," came her chuckling and teasing reply.

Senna looked at the screen, the close-up of brains splattering everywhere caused her not to flinch or recoil, or be scared from the sudden jumpscare, but to grin only. "It's called The thirteenth, friday," she explained with a soft smirk. "And that's the main villain, Josan," she murmured softly, all giddy at the prospect of a night of jumpscares and gore.

Offline Lion

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »
"Well, don't narrate the whole film. You know how I hate that," he muttered with a snort.  "OH!  wow, that was a little more graphic than I realized.  Buuut...not that I'm a wuss or anything."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2017, 05:40:53 am »
"Just some necessary exposition," Senna chuckled in response, jumping at the same scene, before giggling. "Yes you are. You sissy."

Offline Lion

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2017, 04:59:46 pm »
"What!? Yeah, I'm a sissy!  I'm a real big sissy because I was surprised by a jumpscare," he said, rolling his eyes.  "You know I know you're teasing, but your words still wound me, Senna.  You know I have the soul of a poet.  And...the bladder of a kid."

And with that he jumped up from the sofa and headed right for the bathroom.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 04:51:33 pm »
"Exactly." Senna quipped with a soft grin. She clapped her hands and let out a loud cackle. "You?! The soul of a poet? Classic!" She called out after him, leaning over the side of the sofa, with a quick gesture of her hands, pausing the movie.

"Take crisps when you get back!" She called out.

Offline Lion

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
He came back soon enough and a bag of chips soon flew off the top of his fridge and was launched directly at her head. He soon plopped back onto the couch and reached for the bag.

"I hope you like cheddar cheese. Because that's all I have."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2017, 04:15:20 am »
The bag crunched against her face, before dropping to the ground. She leaned over to pick up the bag with a softsoft grumble. Before she shook her head with a soft chuckle. "It's meh. Had worse. Had way better," she answered, opening the bag, pulling out a handful and crunching it down.

"Anyhow. Ready?" She inquired with a mouthful of chips.

Offline Lion

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2017, 06:30:04 am »
"I was born ready, Send," he nodded.  And the movie continued with another object being smashed into someone's head. Avaster cackled at how ridiculous it looked and carefully coaxed the chips away from her and managed to snag himself a handful.  He might have been full from dinner, but in moments like these, he could manage a little extra room.

"So Senna, you have an evaluation coming up. Are you excited?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2017, 06:35:26 am »
Senna watched the ensuing gore and carnage with several soft giggles. Though, she herself was also a tad jumpy when the movie grew more intense and slowly built up to the most obvious, though by no means less scary, jumpscares.

She glanced at Avaster again. "Not much-" she swallowed the chips currently in her mouth. "Not as much as I'm nervous for it," she admitted with a soft breath.

Offline Lion

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2017, 08:51:32 am »
"Nervous? You? Nawwww.  You're as cool as an ice cube.  No pun intended," he said.  He got another handful of chips and munched slowly.  "You'll ace it. There's nothing to worry about, I'm sure."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal