Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sometimes, music is an acquired taste [M]  (Read 697 times)

ARAD V1.0

Sometimes, music is an acquired taste [M]
« on: February 23, 2016, 03:23:33 pm »
Soft tunes of piano filled the penthouse Nikita resided in, tunes with a light and gentle tone. Her eyes closed and a soft smile on her face as she played the instrument with graceful and slender fingers. This was just a small part of one of her newest pieces. Something she'd put as a silent note in the background while more dominant sounds would take lead and indicate rythm. Yet. The subtlety of the tune she was composing now was equally important as the most dominant and noteworthy track. Everything mattered and everything worked together to create one completed piece.

That's why she enjoyed it. "Nikita?" A deep and disturbed tone was suddenly pulled as the raven-haired woman looked to the ceiling. She was pissed. Her concentration was now broken. And she had ruined the entire piece. "What is it, Iha?" She asked the AI as she stood up with a slow sigh, "your guest has arrived." Nikita's eyes widened. Oh. Shit. Her manager had told her about this. He had arranged a 'date' with a key figure from the Aedolean military. A pilot. While she did really mind he didn't ask, she didn't mind getting out once in a while. Even if it was to maintain her reputation and provide some kind of advertising for the Aedolean military.

"Send him up," she sneered towards the AI as it formed next to her in a feminine, orange hologram, "and delete the file 'piercing underscore light underscore piano track." She murmured with a sigh.  Well. She could finish the piano track later. Now she just had to meet a notable figure and go out with him. And she'd probably have to pull on a dress her stylist created. She bit her lip in annoyance and rolled her eyes as she walked towards the elevator to meet her date. She really wasn't in the mood to wear a dress.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Sometimes, music is an acquired taste [M]
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:29:42 am »
Well, this was only mildly awkward.

Gabriel had been a long time fan of Nikita's and owned all her albums and drove Roman crazy singing her songs (badly), so he'd naturally leaped at the chance for a meet and greet. Get some of his records signed? Hell yes! Take a selfie with her? Sure! Get to geek out and fangasm? Yes please!

A date, though?

Uhhhhh.

Something had gotten lost in translation.

Apparently, all those relationship consent forms he'd had to sign to date a higher ranking Pilot? Apparently, none of those had reached their PR agent, despite the artcles circulating the tabloids. To be fair, though, it was a recent development. Or maybe they DID know, and went ahead with this ANYWAY for the sake of stirring the pot and creating a buzz? Ugh, who knew! Gabriel just knew he would have to correct this fast!

It also would have been nice to have known earlier, not ten seconds before meeting her!

Still, he was to be a good representative of the Pilots, and he had been chosen for his approachability and familiarity with pop culture. No pressure or anything. Just don't screw up in front of the cameras! No big deal!

"Pilot Tierney? You're up," someone called to him, motioning to the elevator and giving him the floor, and Gabriel swallowed hard. His nerves were flaring, definitely. Always nerve-wracking to meet someone famous, even if he technically fell into that category! Always nerve-wracking not to come off as an ass or a creeper!

But he stepped into the elevator, punched the button, and soon the elevator lurched and dinged and opened again. Gabriel paused before exiting and took a deep breath. Was he too underdressed? Probably. He didn't own anything fancy outside his formal uniform, and that seemed waaay too formal and intimidating. Plus, y'know...didn't want to give date vibes.

But maybe a World of Warlocks t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers was too casual?

Ahhh!

Stepping out of the elevator, he sucked in a breath when he saw her. Oh shit. That was her. THE Nikita. Right there. Living and breathing. Quick, say something normal!

"Whoa, you're tall!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:52:05 am »
Nikita herself, being quite the lazy caracter was still dressed in her purple pajama slacks and a black  tank top. She honestly completely forgot about the appointment her manager had so kindly arranged for her. And she wasn't one for setting alarms to remind herself, it would stress her out too much.

So, she looked at the character infront of her. A world of warlord's tee, a jeans and a pair of sneakers. A soft smirk appeared on her face as the man talked. He just screamed 'basic'. If she wasn't briefed on his rank and career choice, she'd almost swear he was another fan. But they wouldn't have this meeting then either.

"I'm tall?" She inquired with a soft chuckle. While it was a true notion, she was taller than your average Aedolian girl, still it was a rather comical ice breaker. "Gabriel, I presume?" She asked as she stepped back, gesturing for him to come further. "I'm sorry I look like I'm on a lazy sunday," she started as she walked back into her penthouse. "Want something to drink?" She inquired, before snapping her fingers. "Iha," as soon as she spoke the name, an orange feminine hologram appeared next to Gabriel. "Get our guest a drink."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 07:48:59 pm »
Oh wow, he was already making himself sound like an idiot. Gabriel barely resisted the urge to slap his hand against his forehead, and winced instead.

"Uh, yeah, Gabriel. Sorry, nice to meetcha. I just meant you're taller in person! As opposed to a computer screen? Yeeeah." Oh, just shut up already! Now wasn't the time to get all starstruck!

Following her inside, he glanced at the hologram--and his geeky little heart instantly wanted to take that thing apart and figure out what made it tick. What a fascinating piece of equipment...but now wasn't the time nor place.

"Er, Mountain Mist if you have it," he said, before looking back to Nikita. "Hey, so, thanks for having me over! Y'know, makes for good publicity and stuff, Pilots being 'normal' and all that, a superstar in pajamas...it humanizes us! At least, that's what my PR person says, and what do I know about that junk? I just go with what she says. Oh yeah, and juuust to get it out of the way because I know it's obligatory and you know it's gonna happen and I'm sure you hear it a bajillion times a fan meet..."

He cleared his throat soberly--then let out his breath in his best approximation of a manly squeal, hopping up and down. "I am like your biggest fan except probably not because everyone else says that but I've been listening to you forever and it drives everyone crazy but I don't care 'cause you're so awesome!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 04:07:22 pm »
"I better hope it was a music clip, then," she quipped with a soft chuckle. Granted, she had seen just what her fans were capable of drawing, replicating and photoshopping. The thought of it did make her blush slightly, but she immediately shook her head. "Sorry," she added with a wry smirk,.

A plate with the desired beverage was brought to him by the orange hologram, granted she was ethereal and the platform hoever on it's own accord, it at least looked like the can of Mountain Mist was brought to him.

And the following outburst caused her to arch an eyebrow, but at the same time, she couldn't help but let out a soft, musical giggle at it. "True. I think any of my fans would say that to me," she started with a soft smile. "That doesn't mean I'm not honoured by it. It's truly great to have people I sadly don't know enjoy my music to the fullest. And you are no exception to that. Thank you," she concluded, before looking over her shoulder, attention caught by the glass sliding door. "Want to see the tools of the trade?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal