COMMUNITY > Open RP

Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]

(1/11) > >>

SilverLuna:
[Usha; Open capital of the Uras]

Droth; a red planet with mainly desert. It had changed a little since the Uras had crashed with their ship however. Not really flourishing but from sandstone a large walled city had been built. With rather wide fancy homes, bathhouses  filled with water they traded on the neighbouring planet, even a small variety of crops were grown limited from the first seeds that had survived the crash.

Being the kind of people they were though, the city they built with their hands and technology salvaged from their ship, was open for everyone. Native and visitor. Under the condition not to resort to violence of course.

A market was going on in the early mornings before it would become to hot. White canvas provided some shade but certainly not enough.

Vivian, one of the Uras folk was born in Usha and with some large weapon nonchalantly on her shoulders she passed the market. Smiling as she passed a stand that had all kinds of glass animals. She had no time for shopping though. It was hunting time. And the creatures were huge. Still it had to be done. Food here did not grow on trees that well and just living of cacti and crops that could grow in this dry planet eventually got boring.

She reached the meeting place where a sandsurf vehicle was waiting with most of her hunting companions for today. Not all of them were Uras, there were various kinds of races that lived here. And everyone had to work equally hard. The lazy were not rewarded here.

''Morning.'' Vivian spoke with a seductive smile.

''Got miss foekiller fixed?''  a fellow Uras spoke. A mechanic who was checking the large open sand sled one last time.

''Ready for action just like me'' Vivian said with a grin. They were a few men to short though. But there was still some time until they have to go.

''What will we hunt today?'' she asked.

''A Tunneler. If we get it down we have food for a week.'' the mechanic said with a large grin.

Jounin:
Sobrik needed resources if he was going win this war. He travelled to Usha to make a trading agreement with the Uras, but before he negotiated anything it was apart of Agnar custom to hunt with his possible allies.

He signed up for a hunting party and was just arriving to the spot now. A sandsurf vehicle awaits with multiple people already there of all species but most where Uras.

Sobrik bows to the people already there. "Greetings fellow hunters I am Chief Sobrik Galeesh leader of the Koresh tribe.

SilverLuna:
''Pleasure to have you on board. I hope you have experience with hunting, we have a Tunneler today appearantly.'' Vivian said who walked forward and held out her hand.

Her kin kind of owed a lot to the Agnar. They were basicly the people who tought them the basics of hunting the overly large creatures here.

''Vivian is the name, one of the shooters.'' Something that certainly could be told by the large rocket launcher on her back.

The others introduced themselves as well but seemed a little less enthausiastic now knowing they would be taking down Tunneler which was a wurmlike creature that could grow to over 80 ft long. There was a lot of meat on one but outside they had a skeleton. Their head was very tough and taking one down was no easy job. They stayed underground though occasionally coming up if it felt food walking on the surface. They were no strangers eating their own kin either.

''Try to keep the outer skeleton as intact as possible. We can use it to make new items so we can trade with Auvis. We can not show up with our stained glass objects no matter how much they love and request them.'' the mechanic spoke and finished with the checkup of the vehicle. ''Spare sails are in the back. Shoot a flare if you've killed it.''

Jounin:
Sobrik shook Vivian's hand. "All Agnars are experienced hunters, even True Bloods. I've made sure my people keep that tradition."

He joins the rest of the people in the vehicle and sits next to Vivian. He admired how they were all equals here, even him. He is never keen on being treated specially because he leads all the civilized Agnar.

He turns to Vivian right before they head out. "A tunnler huh? I remember when all your people could hunt were desert hares. Your species has adapted well here." Sobrik gives off a hearty laugh.

SilverLuna:
''Desert hares have been longer ago then either our age I'm sure.'' Vivian replied with a chuckle. ''We do owe much to what your kin taught us. Fortunatly weapon wise we were already well adapted.''

The last few showed up and the sandsurfer made its way out of the city. It ran on both solar and wind power just like most of their other equipment. But solar power was preferably stored if the wind was enough.

The sails got unbound and were soon to pick up the wind.

The navigator who held a sort of radar gave directions to those controlling the wheel and sails and soon the city was far behind them.

''Chief Sorbrik Galeesh was it? What brings you out hunting with us. Last time I heard your name was ages ago.'' Vivian said as she started to load her weapon with its nessesary ammo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version