Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)  (Read 7490 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Re: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 12:03:16 am »
Tears did fall from Emily's eyes. Happy ones and she walked forward before hugging Evadne's leg and burried her face in the woman's clothes as she released some of all that had been piled up inside of her. Not to mention she was tired and it was way past her bedtime.

Farren then picked the young lady up. ''Come. Let's get you to bed.'' he said softly to her. The maid took the girl from him though so he could lead Evadne to the room.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
Wishing Emily a good night's sleep, her heart warmed by the little girl's hug, Evadne followed Farren to wherever she would be staying. While she did not exactly sleep, she did need to periodically enter a trance state called Star-Prayer to restore her energies and any powers she might have used. The meditative state only lasted one hour, perhaps two, although while Evadne could stay in it longer it was not necessary to do so. Perhaps if the room she was to stay in had books to read that would help to occupy her time.

"Once again, I appreciate all this. I understand it is not easy to disobey the orders that were given you. It is my hope that Emily's parents will consider my request and allow me custody of her. I will make sure she has all she needs."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 12:21:35 am »
''It happens on occasion we hire new staff. Many come from far because they know we do live ins only. If the Lord and Lady are away, then I am permitted to let some stay until they are back.'' Farren explained. ''I am not currently disobeying.'' he winked.

He showed Evadne a few other rooms. ''When the Lord is away, you are free to use the study and look in the books. We have a washingroom where you can bathe or shower. Emily will have a private teacher coming tomorrow. She was already enlightened about that Emily got home earlier. She is not the friendliest I mind you. She teaches Emily in the study but if her lessons are not interupted it should be alright.'' Showing her a few public rooms even a small library and the garden, Farren brought Evadne to a simple room with a few empty beds. A few desks and two wardropes.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »
Evadne took in all that Farren showed her, memorizing where everything was for future reference. She had no need of a washroom being what she was, and besides the fact that water may have an adverse effect on her as it were. But it was not necessary to mention such to the servant, so Evadne kept quiet on that. The garden and library were of particular interest to her and the Flameling decided she would head to the library first whenever she got the chance.

When they arrived at one of the bedrooms, Evadne thanked Farren for the tour before he would leave. She did have one question though for him. "What else can you tell me about Emily's parents?"

The being of light figured that having as much insight as possible into the sort of people the girl's parents were would only help their cause in the long-run. It seemed to her from what she had heard that the father and mother were much too busy with their work, and had little desire to care for a child. The father likely viewed Emily as a painful reminder of what he had lost regarding his first wife, and that the stepmother found Emily to be a burden as well as a nuisance. However, Evadne would not pass judgment now or if ever. At least not without all the facts at hand. It would be better for all involved if the parents were free of this obligation, leaving Evadne to gain custody over Emily. That way the parents could do what they wanted regarding their business and Emily would gain both a loving parent and a friend at the same time. And Evadne would be able to fulfill her mission, the whole reason she came down here for this particular trip. It was by far the most favorable outcome. The next step would be convincing Emily's parents of that.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »
''Both come from hardworking families with a simulair background. Having nothing at first. Being in the lowest rank of society. And got up the social ladder by working insanely hard. The Master had been lucky with a few deals which gave him a fortune. The current lady however, was of middleclass and was supposed to give the master a son to carry on the family name. Unfortunatly the Lady is incapable to be with child. The parents of my Master wished for the marriage to be nullified but he went against it saying he saw good potentional in her. She helped choosing the man for Emily whom is the Lady's cousin.'' Farren explained.

''Neither Master or Lady had the priveledge of fun in their young lives. At least not a lot. They live by ancient rules. I suppose that happens when you both come from old, once very respected families. But that, was a very long time ago.''

Stardancer

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 10:48:17 pm »
Evadne nodded at all this. She could most certainly understand living by ancient rules, even if the rules she had to abide by were far more ancient and universal in breadth and scope. Of course another rule all Stars had to abide by, well the Flamelings at any rate, those who could descend, had to honor any wish sent to them if it proved good and true that was. And few wishes were more true than a simple wish to be loved and have a friend. All Flamelings had to do their best regarding such or they might lose the ability to descend ever again if they did not for whatever reason. How Evadne knew this, the best way to explain it was a primordial understanding that all Stars inevitably shared, the sense of consciousness given to them all by the universal force. It was an innate kind of knowledge and none of them could or would ever forget such.

"Tell me more about the man she is promised to, please." Evadne asked respectfully.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 11:23:14 pm »
''Well man. A young boy still for they are about the same age. Hard to say what I think of him other then he is a bit spoiled. His own family is less firm on him however regarding friends as long as they behave in the house and do the rough boys playing outside. Children tend to often change though as they get older. They are both to young to determine wether they fit one another. Maybe if both kids parents are not to busy they will arrange a meeting. The two children had not met one another since they were two years old.''

Stardancer

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:58 pm »
"That is true, change is inevitable. I have seen many change over the course of my lifetime, some for the better...some not so. At any rate, I should allow you to rest and bid you a good night." Evadne pondered everything she was told, and decided she might utilize her Star-Prayer to see what insights she could glean, if any.

Turning toward the room, she walked inside and looked around. "Blessed night." she said to Farren in Star-Speak, a hand over her heart. He would be able to understand her, albeit in a subconscious way, the general meaning of the words would shine through.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:26 pm »
Farren bowed and wished Evadne a good night before walking off to check on the young lady. His work day was not yet over but he was used to it.

Emily already seemed to be asleep though. The empty cup of milk on her nightstand. He very quietly unpacked the rest of the young lady's suitcase and brought the empty cup with him when he left. Leaving the door open very slightly and a small light on. He wondered how his two Masters would respond on Evadne but still. He himself was not the youngest anymore and would only be a matter of time until he had to train a new one to take his place. Not an easy training, his took a few years. It was not just receiving guests after all.

Stardancer

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »
Closing the door behind her, Evadne went over to the window and looked out. She could not see the sky from here nor was it visible from anywhere in the city. It would take some getting used to. The glass and metal domes which protected the country from the outside pollutants may be a safeguard but they were stifling to one who thrived out in the open. Being what she was, that was not hard to understand.

Next, she went over to the one bookcase in the room, and ran her finger over the titled spines. Finding one of interest titled, "Wings Of An Angel" she took it off the shelf and opened it. It was a picture book, most definitely a children's storybook that told the story of an angel who earned her wings by doing a good deed for a charge of hers. The illustrations throughout the thin book showed the angel and her charge in various stages of the tale, ending with the final picture of the angel returning back home after her mission had been accomplished. Evadne could not help but feel a sense of connection there, as though the story had been written about her and Emily. It seemed really uncanny, the similarities that were depicted.

The Star read the whole book before putting it away with a smile and reached for another one, this one titled "Life Beyond." This one was more informational and talked about various scientific possibilities, but with a focus on the terraforming of a nearby planet called Edanith. The Star had not been to this Edanith before and made a mental note of it for later reference.

Putting that one back too, she settled down at the foot of the bed and entered her Star-Prayer meditation then and there. The transcendental journey would provide both peace and clarity for the Flameling. And perhaps certain insights as well into a specific little girl's family situation and her overall destiny.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 12:41:41 am »
The parents as they were, always seemed succesful. Working hard and when they were to old their descendants took over in almost the same fashion. Another boy seemed to come in Emily's parents lives too. Treated with love they so far had not shown Emily.

The little girl though, if her situation would stay the way it was, would turn more grim and dark as somehow she seemed to lose hope and became the slave of her mother and father's wishes. The man she was promised to was gentle but to much damage had been done already. A kind the girl would never come out of.

--

Emily slept peacefuly as her hope had been rekindled and held her doll close as she slept. But when she woke up early, the first thing she did was studying politics a little and rehearsed a few words from other languages until she was called for breakfast.

One of the maids also knocked on Evadne's door with the same news.

Stardancer

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 06:44:01 am »
The light of many stars and that of star stuff filled Evadne's vision as she meditated in her divine trance. Being both rejuvenating as well as informative and enlightening. The cosmic balls of fire from beyond twinkled and shone pathways of multi-colored light and hope in arrays of dazzling beauty. Soon, the path of one was revealed. It branched off into two different possibilities, one dark and grim, the other light and happy.

Focusing first on the dark path, Evadne did not like what she saw. Emily, the young girl would grow up to become bitter and deranged, full of resentment and jadedness for being denied the life she had wanted, the life she had needed. A wrinkled face of anger stared at the mirror in front of her before the scene faded to her dying alone on her death bed, no one to stand by her side as she passed from the world. Tears formed in the Flameling's eyes at this, but she forced herself to look on.

The second path was much more bright and hopeful. It showed Evadne and Emily doing many things together, whether that be reading an adventure book, to playing outside, to going to birthday parties and making friends of her own, all the way to the young girl now a beautiful woman getting married to a wonderful man, joy shining in her eyes as the two kissed to signify the beginning of their marriage to one another. And Evadne herself was there to watch it all and celebrate with her, her dear friend and adopted daughter. This life was much more positive, without the influence of her parents there to dictate what they wanted for the girl. Emily was free to grow up into a healthy and strong individual, unburdened by the past and looking forward to the future. The vision ended, and Evadne gave thanks before closing the trance and returning to herself.

The Star was now more certain than ever what had to be done. No one deserved the awful future that she had seen in the first vision, but rather the second one was what Emily deserved. As did anyone, she supposed. And she alone had the power to change that for her.

The night passed in full, and soon morning was on the horizon, yellow light weakly filtering in through the window as it passed through the thick glassy domes above. A knock soon sounded on her door and Evadne went to answer it. A maid was there to greet her and Evadne greeted her in turn, a hand on her heart. "Good morning to you."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:17 am »
''Food has been prepared. If you wish to participate feel dree to follow me.'' the maid said kindly.

Emily already dressed and well, her hair combed and braided, a neat bow at the top and bottem, had already started breakfast. She was far from a fast eater and with her teacher coming soon, there would not be a lot of time. For now she had finished some cereal, and now nibbled on some toast with cheese accompanied with a glass of juice.

Not only did Emily ate barely enough for a girl her age, she needed effort to eat mainly due to the weight she already had on her. The facade of a neat little girl but those who casted their eyes twice would realise she was far from the type of girl she was supposed to be.

A plate with something to eat and drink for Evadne was present as well. Not knowing wether someone like her would need food, but Farren let it be prepared to be sure.

Stardancer

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 07:06:05 am »
Evadne followed the maid to the dining hall and sat down in one of the chairs. Thanking Farren and the servant who presented the food to her, Evadne began to eat. While she did not actually require food, she could still eat it. And besides not doing so might be considered a bit rude if not downright awkward as well. The energies of her body would burn away the consumed food so she had no need to do what others had to do regarding excretion.

Speaking to Emily then, Evadne asked how she slept. "Did you sleep well Emily?" Giving her a friendly smile.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 07:14:10 am »
Emily nodded. ''I slept alright. I dreamt about happy things.'' Emily said softly. ''Did you sleep well to lady star Evadne?'' she asked. She was not sure how to adress Evadne properly but she would find out with the passage of time for sure.

''Farren... if my lessons with teacher Grottenbrugel are over will it be alright to sit in the garden? Lady manners lessons?'' she asked with a smile.

Farren smiled. ''I shall make sure of it to have some good tea and sweets young Lady Emily.'' the butler said before offering Evadne to refill her cup with tea.

Stardancer

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 10:10:53 am »
Letting him refill her cup, Evadne turned to Emily then with a small smile. "As a Flameling, I have no need for mortal sleep." she said, looking at the others as she said this. "I do however go through a certain trance state every now and then. I suppose it is somewhat similar in the fact that it restores my energy."

When Emily mentioned the garden, Evadne was glad. "I would be happy to keep you company in the garden when your lessons are over, Emily." Taking another small sip of tea afterwards.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:18 am »
''Yay'' Emily cheered and quickly finished her toast and drink. Which was a good thing since the doorbel rang and Farren went to open it.

When he returned a woman was with him. She was a bit thin but her eyes revealed the wisdom she had with her age guessed roughly around 60 years.

Emily got on her feet and bowed towards Evadne. ''Until we converse again.'' she said politely, something that seemed to please the teacher who took the girl to the study.

Farren sighed of relief and took the empty plates. ''Lady Evadne. May I ask. A being such as yourself what do you do to pass the time?'' he asked

Stardancer

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 05:21:36 pm »
Evadne bowed her head in farewell to the little girl as she was taken to the study for her lessons. "Likewise." she smiled at her.

When all the plates, cups and silverware were collected and taken to the kitchen to wash thoroughly, Evadne turned toward Farren with a smile as well as a faraway look in her eyes. "To pass the time...well, as I've told others before, when I am land-bound I merely go where I see an opportunity to either help or explore or learn various things. I'll read just about anything to acquire more knowledge, partake in watching plays, movies and TV shows, provided there is not too much violence depicted in them. Other times I roam the lands and give a helping hand wherever needed. Staying at various inns, the innkeepers never felt it necessary to ask me for coin since as a Star I don't have any. But regardless of where I stay, I always help out with the various tasks required, provided it doesn't involve too much water such as washing dishes and the like. Water sometimes makes me feel weakened, but I am able to drink small amounts of it without repercussion."

Pausing for just a bit, she continued. "When in my natural form in the cosmos, I along with the rest of my scattered kin, merely observe what goes on in many a world and space station. We listen to and observe what we can, and those of my kin who can travel go wherever our fancy takes us. The process for doing such is...complex but is necessary so as not to cause accidental harm to anything."

She added in one more thought for the time being. "I will stay here for however long I am needed here for. Time doesn't have the same meaning for me as it does your kind."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 11:40:50 pm »
''True, time is not the kindest to us.'' Farren said with a grin. ''I do not mind a short life though. I think from a human's perspective I'd be a very lonely man.'' his grin became a smile. ''I will attend to my duties regarding the young lady's room. The maids will make the first preperations for the 'Lady class'. It is basicly how we call having tea outside. Normally they do not allow her in the garden. Only with this.'' he explained. ''Feel free to look around. Only the bedroom and workroom of my Masters is off limits but they are now locked. If you wish to help the maids it is fine too.''

Farren gave her a bow and resumed his duties.

Stardancer

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 04:30:05 am »
"I will help the maids then." Evadne stood up and headed to where the garden was, as she wished to see it.

Once there, she went over to the first maid she saw and asked how she could be of service. "Is there anything I can do to be of aid here?"

The garden was really beautiful. A small fountain of white trickled at its center, and flowering plants of different colors grew, their aromas very fragrant. The entire place was enclosed in a sort of greenhouse, with glass walls and ceiling as well as wind chimes that hung from many different places. Even a couple sun catchers dangled from a tree, the soft tinkling sounds were soothing. Different garden statues were one of the final props to everything, statues of angelic beings, butterflies, dragonflies, and little country people all situated around, but did not make it cluttered either. Two benches provided places to sit, as well as a small table and chairs to have tea at.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal