Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Little Hostile When You're Hungry  (Read 399 times)

Offline Lion

A Little Hostile When You're Hungry
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:05 am »
[Silice!]

Ugh, she was sick of all the drunk skunks that showed up for training.  As if they didn’t have anything better to do with their time.  Sure, it was understandable that they might get a little overwhelmed with the entire process.  But if they weren’t careful, one minor mark against them could have them shipped off to Thanatos to be a little testing monkey for them!  And Gavrian would have no sympathy for any fool that could not handle walking two steps in front of them because they were still drunk from the night before!

Oh, she wished she didn’t have to deal with stupid candidates.  And that was why she more than relished her time alone, even if it did get boring sometimes.  Of course, ideally, she’d much rather be on a mission than hanging around Haviah like some of the hobos she saw lingering EVERYWHERE.

Gavrian looked at the men gawking at her, half of them high or drunk out of their minds, and she audibly scoffed. She made a left and walked into the building nearest her, a bar.  Maybe she wasn’t into the bar scene, but it was quiet and at least here she could mull her thoughts without being bothered, and get a hot meal.  A nice sandwich!  Yes, that would set her nerves.

She took her meal from the counter and walked over to a nice cozy corner.  Hard music played in the background and most people seemed content to mind their own business.  Good, this was nice.  This was better.  It was better than drinking water since that was all she had all morning and afternoon.

She actually smiled - not that she’d ever let people see it! - to herself and mulled over the events of the morning.  Whipping trainees into shape did have some small rewards, when they actually listened, and made progress.  In fact, some –-

Gavrian’s eyes flickered to the door, as a small group of men came into the bar.  "Today’'s the day Barney!" the first man said.  His mohawk was green and black, and the shaved sides of either side of his head were tattooed in obscene shapes.  The cut off sleeves of his jacket were splayed and tattered and studs ran down his back in a zig-zag shape.  The others in lieu of him were also as tattered and mean looking as this guy was, but his height, stance, and the fact that he was in front of the rest of them clearly indicated he was the leader of his ratpack.

The bartender stepped back, putting his hands up.   "Aw shit, Skav, not this again!"

Skav knocked on the glass counter with a fist and gave Barney a toothy smile.  “I'm afraid it is, old pal. You better pay up if you know what’'s good for ya.” 

"For what!?  Protection money my ass!  The only people I need protection from is you!”

"Listen here, dumb fuck.  You're gonna give us that money unless you want a little incident like last week to happen again.  And if you ain't got it, we can just be on our merry little way.  No need to fuss about the whole deal. I’m a business man, I can understand."

Barney looked like he believed the man.  He even relaxed his shoulders a little and didn’t know which thug he ought to focus his eyes on first.  “You mean that?"

“As honest as my mother’s name’s Rylin,” Skav said, putting his hand up.

Barney sighed.  “I ain’t got it, Skav.  Everybody goes to Syn!  Nobody comes into this dump!”

“For fuck's sake, Barney!  Good thing my mother’s name is really Demi!”  And his fist came smashing into the bartender’s face.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:42:05 am by Lion »

Silice

Re: A Little Hostile When You're Hungry
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:37 pm »
Uriel had been sitting near the bar, even before Gavrian had come in.  It was one of the few public places that was subdued, and one of the only places she could get a raspberry iced-tea with vodka and a mint leaf in it.  It was one of her few "Aedolian" quirks.  She had been sitting in the corner drinking her tea and reading another one of her books when Skav came in.  She hadn't been here last week when the so called incident happened.  However, she also knew already how this would play out.

Skav had no mental fortification or any kind of resistance really, she barely had to go beyond his surface thoughts.  Barney however was just a tad trickier, mostly due to the enormous amount of ear the man was experiencing.  Either way when Skave threw his fist towards Barney it halted before it impacted with his face.  Uriel's hand was held up, and he would begin to feel intense pain as bones and muscles began contorting and twisting against his own strength.

She stood from her spot and walked towards the group.  She was wearing a red dress, though one could see underneath that she was wearing a short form fitting black pair of shorts.  Her high heels were a little subdued compared to normal, and her hair was braided off to the side, to hang down her over her shoulder.  "Now Skav...you're going to turn and walk away.  You're going to forget about ever coming back here."  Uriel smiled abit at him, as if she were talking to a child.  Her hand had come back down...she never really need gestures.  It just made it easier for fools to understand...but right now she was just playing.

"Or else, I'm going to twist the bones in your arm till your Radius and Ulna shatter and your muscles look more like my hair.  Your arm will be as useless and as floppy as the thing you have dangling between your legs."  She eyed him like a mother to her child.  "Do you understand...young man?"

Offline Lion

Re: A Little Hostile When You're Hungry
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:44 am »
Goddammit!  Couldn't she just have a quiet meal somewhere and not have this happen?  Gavrian visibly groaned from the infuriating nature of the whole situation.  And the only thing that kept her from doing more than inwardly rolling her eyes was the thought of being able to eat her sandwich in peace.  She'd get poor Barney to take it to go for her, and tip generously. 

At the intervention of the other woman, Gavrian got up from her table and strode over, real business like and put a hand up between the pair.  "Hey now!  No need for all this senseless threatening.  You're really killing the mood in here, the both of you," Gavrian quickly interjected, clearly seeing Skav's inner struggle.  "Hey!  Let him go!  He clearly has nothing much to hang onto in life.  His arm's the only thing he's likely got left."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal