Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Stuck In Limbo [Silmeria] [M]  (Read 16752 times)

Stardancer

Re: Stuck In Limbo [open]
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »
Tessa was about to respond when a weird sensation came over her. It felt like her strength was starting to slip away, and as a result she was beginning to feel tired. Very, very tired. Her grip slackened on Kayden's hand then, and her steps were much slower than they had been. If not for the two of them holding hands together, Tessa would've fallen behind and gotten lost.

Just as the light from the study appeared just straight ahead, that was when Tessa slumped to her knees, having lost the battle to remain awake any longer. Whatever those things were that had touched her, had sapped her energy temporarily. Kayden would have to carry her the rest of the way now.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 12:29:09 am »
Kayden swore under his breath. He still did not know what it was but perhaps he could find out when not being in the hallway. He was fortunatly, quite strong.

He picked Tessa up in his arms and started to run in a straight line. The study was the goal and he even ran through a few clouds of 'Twinkelers'.
If what happened to Tessa would happen to him Tessa would perhaps end up worse.

''Come on... I did not have a person talking to me after thousands of years just to let it be affected by what I unleashed here... do not die on me...'' he muttered caringly, softly, and worried.

He felt the same sensation as well which now made him realise what it was. If Tessa got worse, it would be on him.

He felt a few more brushes of the creature before reaching the study out of breath and the creature bashed against the invisable barrier a few times before leaving frustrated.
Catching his breath, the adrenaline preventing him from feeling fuzzy he dropped the staff and gently placed Tessa on the rug near the fire in the fireplace. He felt her head, pulse and sighed relieved. They had been lucky. Her energy levels seemed low but nothing dangerous. Still.

He brought his head close to hers and muttered a spell softly, releasing a breath that fortuantly did not smell horribly. Minty even. A soft golden breath left his mouth and entered Tessa's. He got off her then. It would take a moment for the magic to work and started to empty a bookcase which he moved. The 'Hollow' still banged against the barrier. ''You can keep doing that forever. It is never going to break just like all the others.'' he said to the thing.

He found ink in the drawer of the desk and with a brush he started to draw on the wall. A perfect circle surrounded by three small 7 pointed stars and another circle before he put the ink away. Using a letteropener to make a cut in his hand, using blood to draw various smaller symbols. Tessa no longer would need to walk in the hallway again to bathe or sleep. Cursed under his breath though he had not done this sooner. Then again. He had not known back then how this place worked. That rooms sometimes seemed to relocate. And he had basicly never found the room again.

He spoke incantations as he wrote the various runes and symbols.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:57:02 am by SilmeriaElemred »
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2015, 08:41:16 am »
A golden haze filled Tessa's awareness then, chasing away the darkness that surrounded her in her unconscious stupor. Slowly after that, she began to awaken. Opening her eyes, blinking them a few times, Tessa became aware of two things then. The first was warmth, and a soft orange glow near her. The second was the sound of words being spoken in some unknown language.

Sitting up carefully, Tessa saw that she was sitting on a rug near the fireplace which burned in a merry, crackling blaze of red and orange. That would explain the warmth. Looking around, she saw Kayden drawing runic symbols on one of the walls near an emptied bookcase, chanting under his breath. Running a hand through her hair then, she fuzzily blinked the remnants of sleep from her eyes. Tessa didn't know what had happened but somehow she felt much more rejuvenated now.

Something banged on the wall near the study door and she looked over there to see what it was. A shriek of fear escaped her lips then. Some skeletal wraith-like creature with glowing eyes of intense blue was staring straight at her, trying to get inside the room, but couldn't because of an invisible wall between it and her. Scared, Tessa pointed at it and exclaimed, "What the hell is that thing?!" Her heart pounding yet again.

She looked at Kayden, clearly expecting an answer.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:54 am »
Kayden raised raised the cut hand as indication she needed to wait a moment as he was still busy making the runes. And the speaking and drawing of the symbols took him another good five minutes before he clapped his bloodied hand at the heart of the whole symbol.

It glowed up fully giving off a clear magic hum and Kayden took a few steps back. The wall seemed to then light up fully but it was not painful to look at. The light then faded revealing the bedroom with the bath. ''There we go.'' he said and sighed relieved. Nothing blew up and he merely knew it had succeeded due to the sound of the bath and the remaining scents Tessa had used. The water though had become completely clean and blood free.

''And that thing, I believe it is called a Hollow. This is a minor one, feeding on energy we then slowly get back. The effects are not permanent with thisone. But if a minor one is here, we have a problem. Major ones kill.''

He looked towards it. ''I will get rid of it in a moment if it does not leave. He washed his hands in the bath before he walked to Tessa and placed a hand on her forhead and then her cheek. ''You recover fast which is good. I did gave you energy of my own to be sure.''

It most likely was a weird sight though; a naked man touching a girl in that fashion. But Kayden had been basicly used to the idea of not wearing clothes and he had already forgotten he was naked.
He got up again when he heard a soft bell which remarkably came from the hourglass. ''Another one huh...'' he walked to the wall and added another line to the already thousands present.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:36 pm »
The wraith thing pounded on the wall and let out a slow hiiiiiissssss as it still tried to get in.

"Go away!" Tessa screamed at it. Of course it didn't listen, only hissing again as it tried sticking its arm through the wall to no avail. Its blue eyes glowing in rage and hatred for the living as it stared at Tessa. Shivering then, Tessa curled in on herself and tried to ignore it but it kept staring. Finally, she lost her cool completely and threw a chair at the thing. The chair bounced off the invisible force field but broke into three pieces as it crashed back onto the floor. The creature still hadn't gone away though, its eyes gleaming in menace. Tessa shivered again in both irritation and terror. "I said, GO AWAY!"

Finally, Kayden answered her as he finished whatever it was he was doing. A portal to the bedroom with the bath in it showed through on the other side of the wall, bright light glowing around many runes and arcane symbols. Tessa shielded her eyes from it as she heard him say the creature was something called a 'Hollow'. Whatever that was. It was what he said after that that nearly made Tessa's heart stop. Shuddering violently, she really hoped she wouldn't run into anything else of the sort. She didn't want to die here.

Tessa was about to ask what a Hollow was, when the man came up to her and touched her head and cheek in a tender way. Almost like a lover would. This time her shiver was for an entirely different reason. He told her he had given her some of his own energy, which she didn't know what to say to that. The girl simply reveled in the feel of his hand against her skin and almost moaned in disappointment when he took it away. What was going on here? Was she falling for him?

No, Tessa decided firmly, although her hormones were saying otherwise. Not falling for him and his nice flat abs and handsome face, and large... Tessa stomped on that thought with as much mental force as she could muster. Not falling for his kind and caring demeanor... Alright, that was it. It was time to shut these thoughts up for good.

Going over to a bookshelf, she pulled a book off the shelf and opened it, hoping to distract herself from the naked man as he turned towards the wall and drew another line on it. The text in the book she held was all gibberish though, not a word in Common. Flinging that at the wall too in a huff, her gaze turned to Kayden watching as his muscles rippled under his skin as he carved on the wall, his member hanging between toned, firm legs with a equally firm butt to match. The feel of such a body on top of her...

"No!" she shouted out loud, before clapping a hand over her mouth in horror. Now who's the crazy one here, a voice in her head mocked her. Shut up. she told it silently. Geez, why was she so against this anyway? Let yourself go already! she thought. Nope, not gonna...

Tessa folded her arms over her knees sitting down as far away from Kayden as she could get, but also far enough away from the undead creature out there as well. Trying to ignore the sight of naked handsome man over there by the wall. Tessa gritted her teeth in aggravation.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »
''Relax already. Fear is what draws bad things onto you.'' Kayden said calmly. He placed the book back on the shelf and brought her one in common speak. It was a thick handbound written story book with some illustrations. ''There are more common books. I will pile some up for you.''

After placing some books on the table he went towards the door, grabbing his staff on which he wrote runes with the leftover wet blood from his hand.

''Stop frightning the only person who has spoken to me in thousands of years.'' he muttered. There was a banishing circle not to far away from the door. He knew where it was. But it then would be back. No. This, he would have to obbliterate. A circle was close but getting the hollow there would be tricky. But as long as he got the thing there it was fine enough. ''I can take a little while but do not look for me.'' he said to Tessa before he blew the hollow out of his path and then went through it himself. ''You want energy? Come and get it.''

He summoned a little orb of energy, throwing it to the Hollow. The thing needed to get interest in him rather then Tessa.

When succeeded he drew the thing away but whatever happened, Kayden did not return until two hours later. Heavily panting and a bit pale. Stumbling. He was tired. Using rune magic was not exactly easy. It channeled energy and it had drained him to such a degree the effects were physically visable. Ffter closing the door of the study and used his last bit of magic to make the door and opening from the bedroomside disappear, he collapsed on the floor. Shivering, his eyes closed and his body felt colder.

He was a few cuts richer too as if something very sharp had made a cut on his leg, arm and even on his back. But fortunatly they did not bleed heavily.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:43:45 am by SilmeriaElemred »

Stardancer

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2015, 10:07:10 pm »
Tessa did as she was told, glad the creature was no longer staring at her. It gave her the creeps to say the least. Plus she did not want to venture out into the hallways again, especially not if it meant coming across more of those things. And who knew what else. Her earlier need for exploration had dwindled after finding out just how dangerous this place actually was.

So she stayed in the room and glanced over to the pile of books. Picking one up, she flipped through it and started to read. Or tried to at least. Tessa found her concentration lacking then, mainly because she was alone now and had no one to talk to. And she was still scared. And dare she say it, she was worried about Kayden. Tessa knew he could handle himself but still... She hoped he would return soon. Sighing in frustration, she settled back against some pillows and tried to read again.

When he did return, Tessa jumped up and rushed over to him just as he collapsed on the floor. Feeling his cheek, Tessa found that his skin was cold, clammy even. "Wake up!" she shook him, trying to get him to wake up then. No response. Shaking him even harder, she shouted in his ear, stubbornly trying to get him to stand up and talk to her. "Wake up dammit!"

Then she noticed his wounds. "Shit!" she cursed, and went over to her bag then to get out some bandages and her water bottle. There was some healing cream there too and she also grabbed that. Then she began the process of carefully pouring water on his wounds, trying to clean the blood away with a clean cloth she found on a small table nearby. It probably wasn't a good idea to apply the cream right now she realized but perhaps later she could, unless he woke up before then. Putting the thick bandages on his arm, leg and back, she pressed it down firm enough to help stop the bleeding. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. A small blessing, that.

Next, she tried to drag him over to the fireplace but she wasn't strong enough to do so. "Gah!" she shouted, and tried once again. But he only budged an inch if even that.

Still she kept trying, becoming more and more frustrated with her failed attempts. Trying one last and final time, she threw up her hands and marched over to the table then, and purposely knocked it over, books tumbling down onto the floor with several thump, thump, thumps! "Damn it all!" she yelled again, slumping down on her butt on the floor then.

((I hope you don't mind my assumption that Kayden would be out of it for awhile. Let me know if I need to change anything.))

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 11:06:55 pm »
((yea he indeed would be out for a while))

It was about half an hour after Tessa's 'redoracting' Kayden inhaled calmly and deep a few times and his eyes opened revealing their weakly luminescent opal eyes. He could, despite not being close to it, feel the warmth of the fireplace.

''I actually made it...'' he said softly. He wanted to call out to Tessa but realised that neither of them had introduced themselves to one another. He sat up and traced for his staff. Good. He still had it.

He felt the bandages on his skin as well and weakly smiled. Feeling how they were on his skin though he realised he had not died. Which actually made him happy too.

Stardancer

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:25 am »
At the sound of his weak voice, Tessa leaped up from her seat on the ground, tossing aside her book in the process. Running over to him, she jumped into his lap and gave him a fierce hug, unaware that her knee was firmly pressing into his crotch then, so relieved she was to see him alive.

Then all of a sudden, she slapped him on the face! "Don't ever scare me like that again!" she scolded him.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 12:08:23 am »
''Oi you scared me too...'' Kayden said with a weak grunt. He rubbed his cheek. He felt her knee for sure and his cheeks reddened a bit. But he then hugged her as well. Truth be told he had been scared. Coming back from the dead over and over again was actually a lot more scary then people thought and although he always acted jolly about the fact, even after living thousands of years it still frightened him.

''I'm sorry for frighting you.'' he whispered in Tessa's ear. He then felt his blood rush. ''You may want to relocate your knee though.'' he said calmly. He found himself not wanting to let go. The way she felt. The way she smelled. Being here had made him lonely and perhaps far away deep inside he knew he had been alone the whole time. He would not mind crying it all out but he did not want to scare Tessa more. After all. If he couldnt keep it together, she perhaps would get even more scared. He released her from his hug and rubbed his cheek again. ''You hit hard I give you that.''

Stardancer

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 12:32:20 am »
Tessa continued to hug him tightly. At his comment that she had also scared him, she felt something stir in her heart at that. "I...scared you?" she asked, looking into his opal eyes, blind as they were.

When he apologized for frightening her, she retorted, "You'd better be sorry! I'd be all alone then if you died!" Completely forgetting his claim that he couldn't actually die permanently. "Maybe I should slap you again then!"

She did remove her knee though, face flushing when she realized what she had done there. "Um, yeah, sorry about that." she muttered, face still red.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 12:47:06 am »
Kayden simply cupped her head and let his head rest against Tessa's. ''When the Hollow got to you you collapsed and I carried you the rest of the way. It fortunatly was a minor Hollow. A stronger one has permanent effects. But as for me. I am a cursed man. I can die but always come back. It has been like that for a very long time.'' he said. Those markings on the wall they are not days. They are years. I do keep carving but I lost count. Must be somewhere in the thousands though. The hourglass is set on a year of human life. Every time it makes a sound, it means another year has passed. It may not feel like it sometimes. Since time here in general is different and basicly has no influence. As long as we are here, we do not age. But we can for some reason starve to death or of thirst. Hence I summoned a patch of grasslands with cattle and somewhere I'm sure I had summoned crops.'' He closed his eyes for a moment. ''But I will get you out of here. I swear it to you. I will need your help though.''

Despite Tessa had removed her knee though it was no secret his limb was not as dormant as it was before and it gave a slight throb.

Stardancer

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 01:34:26 am »
Leaning their heads together like that, Tessa closed her eyes, her heart pounding in her chest. She had only ever been with one man before in her life, but that had been more curiosity and lust-driven. This however seemed....more intimate...more special somehow. His confession to her about being stuck here for thousands of years stunned her into silence. Tessa couldn't imagine being stuck here for that long, not being able to die. She would have thrown so many fits and driven herself absolutely crazy. Needless to say, she wouldn't have been able to stand it. Not one bit.

At his promise to her, she looked up into his eyes and before she knew what she was doing she kissed him on the mouth, slowly at first before becoming more bold in her actions. Then realizing what she was doing, she abruptly pulled back and scooted away. "Sorry I....I..." Tessa wasn't sure how to complete that sentence so she just let it hang. She couldn't deny that she wanted him, wanted to feel him inside of her, especially if they were going to be stuck here for who knew how long, but she stubbornly shook her head no, trying to regain control here.

Another image of him pounding away into her filled her mind's eye then, and she stood up then and moved away, trying to put some distance between the two of them. She needed to focus on something, anything, to get her mind off of him and his sweetness and everything he was. The problem was that Tessa wasn't sure how to do that. And it was downright maddening.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 01:48:25 am »
The kiss stunned him and made his length throb again when more blood rushed southways. ''N-no need to be sorry.'' Kayden replied. Figuring it was best not to get on his feet for now.

He could smell her. And what her body wanted. He knew what his wanted. It would be troublesome if it kept up like this since they would be stuck with one another for the Gods knew how long.

He looked towards her before he got on his feet but his back towards her so she could not see what went on between his legs. With his staff he navigated to the bedroom where his tunic still hang to dry and he put it on. Not that it worked but it was better then nothing despite it was still wet.

He forced himself to calm down by conjuring an image in his mind that calmed down his limb a little before walking to Tessa. ''I'm sorry too. After all those years it seems that my body has become a bit sensitive. If I make you feel uncomfortable or if you want me to leave tell me and I will at least till we're both calmed down.''

Stardancer

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:22 pm »
Tessa watched him walk to the bedroom, admiring his strong back muscles and thick manly arms and legs, before she forced herself to turn away. Swallowing a little, she heard his voice again behind her as he walked up to her.

Turning back around, she saw he had donned a tunic but it clung to him as it was still damp. Once again, she admired his chest, the wet fabric not leaving much to the imagination. Besides she'd already seen all of him as it was.

Breathing a shaky sigh, she was about to protest to his words to let him know she didn't mind at all, but bit her tongue instead, refusing to admit her feelings to him any more than she already had. Instead, Tessa just nodded her head, then remembered he couldn't see her. "Um, yeah..." she winced at how feeble that sounded, and thought angrily, Real smooth, Tessa. Real smooth.

It was then Tessa realized they didn't even know each others' names! Well, that won't do. "I'm Tessa." she told him then. "That's my name. Tessa."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:57 pm »
''How rude of me I had totally forgotten to introduce myself. I suppose this long alone is not good for social skills. My name is Kayden Galwyn.'' he said and bowed. Gently taking a hold of Tessa's hand and placed a polite kiss on it.

He gave her a calm smile despiteh is body was anything but that. It was something neither of them could deny forever. Eventually something would happen he knew.

He wanted to say it but knew as well it would me an immediate invitation for sex. ''Come. Join me for a glass of wine. Judging by you finished half a bottle earlier does make me think you liked it.'' he went to the table after fetching a second glass, filled them both and sat down on the chair most worn. Maybe it would calm them both down.

Stardancer

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2015, 11:51:17 pm »
His kiss on her hand was so chivalrous, something that men didn't do these days. It ignited a fiery feeling within her, his touch seeming to light her from within. Her hand now tingly, she felt the familiar passion wet between her legs again and she inhaled sharply.

At the invitation for wine, she enthusiastically nodded. That wine was good. Tessa hoped she wouldn't make herself drunk though but she highly doubted it. The wine was something they both needed and so she would let herself indulge in as much as she wanted.

"Yes, let's." And took a seat at the table.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:21 pm »
Glad that Tessa joined him, he brought the glass to her before taking a seat again. ''I'd normally offer something to eat but I will arrange something for that later. I'm wondering though. The world... how it is like now? I've been gone for a long while so certainly things have changed.''

He took a sip of the wine. He had not often drank the stuff not having anyone to share it with. Only in a few moments of desperation he had grabbed the bottles for a quick way of calming his mind. But now he was actually glad with the whole cellar of good fine wine that certainly had not become worse in the passage of time.

Stardancer

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 12:13:43 am »
Taking a sip of the wine, Tessa then downed the whole thing in one go, feeling a tiny buzz as she did that.  She thought about his question for a moment before replying. "Well, I am from an underground city called Teinar. I was born and raised there. There is another civilization, much bigger than Teinar that I've heard about but never been to. It is called Aedolis, and from the things I've heard people talk about it, it is the last major nation on Earth. People who've been there say they never see the sky because of how it's built. Not much different than my own home in that way I suppose."

Glancing at her glass in frustration because there was nothing left, she frowned at it a little before setting it down again. "Most of the earth nowadays is polluted beyond repair, the very air toxic to breathe without some kind of mask or breathing tubes. Others that didn't stick around here took to space. I hear from the news media in my home that they are terraforming a planet nearby in the solar system called Edanith."

Looking to Kayden, she asked him. "What about you? What was the world like in your time?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 12:24:25 am »
So long story short Earth had gone to hell. Not that he had not expected it though.

''There was nature everywhere. Large cities and small ones. Forests you had to travel through for days to get to the other side. Dragons, kind ones, mean ones in the mountains of the Thunderbacks. Blue skies in the summer. Flowers and blossoms blooming in the Spring. Snow in Winter and a wide palet of greens, yellow and reds when Autumn came. My nation was already long gone though before I ended up here. We had a large city on the shore. Almost everything had been made of marble. The nations colours were gold and blue mainly. And decorated the streets. A nation of scholars and enjoyers of life. Practicing very potent magic. We could bind Gods to our will. Kill them even. Most did not use the magic for that though.'' he pausd as he took a sip and placed his glass on the table, emptying the first bottle in Tessa's cup and retrieved another from the stache.

''After my nation fell and got drowned into the sea I noticed I was the only one alive and I have been alive ever since. I spent my days traveling despite being blind but with my magic of forsight I could always see where I was going. How everything and everyone looked like. The world I knew is long gone but maybe when we get out of here I can adapt to the new one. Everyone I once knew is most likely dead.''

He sat down and finished his own glass. It did  kind of had the opposite effect on him that he wanted. Not physically visable though he noticed his body was starting to crave for Tessa more. It missed the feeling of being inside of a woman. And Tessa's scent was surely not helping to reduce it. In his head he kind of cursed to himself. He should've just went to bed and sleep it off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal