Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Rising's Wants and Limits  (Read 388 times)

Rising

Rising's Wants and Limits
« on: August 30, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing? It would vary depending on character... Bairi likes adventure and discovery, Tarr is entirely focused on his career. Generally just anything interesting and in an appropriate location though.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing? Plots focusing on the mundane, or solely on a relationship. It's more about whether it looks fun and interesting than what exactly it is.

How often can you reply to any given thread? Normally daily, but it might take me a bit longer if I'm busy, feel free to send me reminders if I take too long. I'll give notice if I'm going on holiday.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? As long as it takes, really, I guess it's possible to just go join a new thread while waiting.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available? I'd rather not, I like to have time to think.

Are you open to post volleying? I wouldn't mind, but my 'rapid' isn't really that fast... Emailing me would work.
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other. If so, what's the best way to set that up?)

Anything else? Not really.  :)

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding? I wouldn't want someone to without discussing it - maybe before starting roleplay a discussion on what my character wouldn't be able to block etc., but generally I think open-ended action, where the other character tries to do something, and you decide if they succeed, works fine. Both have their advantages.
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations? I've not got any particular reservations, aside from 'nothing explicit'. If I come across something I don't like I'll add it here. I don't mind plotted or organic, but obviously organic could easily be one-sided.
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

What are your limits in regards to sex? I'd prefer to imply, but fade to black would be okay. If someone else wants to write it, that's fine, but I'd rather not myself.
(Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots? It's fine, but I withhold the right to decide if my character gets pregnant or not. Miscarriage, however, I would prefer to leave in another's hands for more of a degree of chance. It's not something I really, really want to roleplay though.
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes? I don't mind violence when appropriate for character and/or plot, but I'll warn that I'm probably awful at writing it. I suppose implication or play it out, unless its something I feel is entirely unnecessary to write, in which case fade to black. If I feel it's going too far for me then I'll say. I'd rather have the limits to injuries I'm willing to have my character suffer put out there before hand though, and obviously no unplanned death.
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots? I'd rather imply rape. I'm not so uncomfortable with themes of rape and abuse that I'd avoid them entirely, but I'd take care with them. Lesser abuse I'd probably be willing to play out, but not extensively.
(Are you comfortable with such themes? Do you prefer to avoid them? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out?)

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will? Yes, but not against my will. (I wouldn't mind putting my preference on the profile of a character when joining a thread or plot, to preserve an element of choice for the other player/s and an element of risk/chance for my character.)
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)

What about healing? I'd always go with an 'ask first' policy here, unless the character is dying. Otherwise, asking is the right course in fiction or reality.
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)

Anything else? Nothing I can think of right now.
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:44:36 am by Rising »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal