Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Smooth operator. [TALLY!] [M/TW]  (Read 13199 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Smooth operator. [TALLY!] [M]
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 11:53:37 pm »
That sounded useful. Dangerous, but useful--so long as it remained on his side.

"So it gathers information, and acts wirelessly, obviously," Bard said, mulling that over. "Do you have any control over it, or is it all automatic? What kind of information does it gather? Can you choose the data it delivers?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2014, 11:58:04 pm »
Cameron waved a hand.  "Oh, no sir.  The AI acts on its own to do these things.  I just have access to the information it gathers which is...everything it can."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:33 pm »
"I see," Bard said. "So you couldn't, say, actively choose to hack a system in particular."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »
That one Cameron had to think about.  "Mm, maybe.  Maybe not.  I can...suggest things to it, but there's no guarantee it'll listen."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 12:05:36 am »
"That sounds frustrating," Bard said, and shut his tablet down. "I suppose all I can say is try, to the best of your ability, to not mess with my data or my company's website. My competitors, however, are fair game, should you like to give your AI any 'suggestions'."

Offline Tally

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 12:12:44 am »
"Yes, sir," Cameron muttered.  His own reluctance all but ensured the safety of Bard's competitors, unless Bard phrased it just right.  A specific order with a designated end goal would kick the AI directly into action, especially now.

"But don't worry!  It's uninterested in altering anything of yours.  It's looking for threats and preparing for threats, mostly."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »
That was...reassuring, Bard supposed. But if personal threats were its main priority, seemed his company was in the clear.

"Ahh, good. Maybe you can double as my secretary, considering you already have access to my documents. Apparently."

He still wasn't quite sure how he felt about that.

But for the moment, he decided to set that to the side. "Anyway, since I don't have to explain what I do since you already know, let's skip to other matters. Are you hungry?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »
It wasn't so much that Cameron felt hungry as that he knew he should eat.  "A little, sir."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »
"And how much does your AI know about cooking?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »
"As much as it can look up via your wi-fi, sir.  So, a considerable amount?  It finds cooking...satisfyin g.  Anything with quantifiable steps, really.  Concrete goals.  Shall I make you something, sir?"

This conversation was so normal.  Almost like everything that had happened before was some awful dream.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2014, 12:00:35 am »
Cameron was turning out to be a very versatile employee.

Bard waved a hand at the kitchen. "The kitchen's not as stocked as it could be, but there should be enough to work with. Go ahead and make what you can with the ingredients there. I'm not a picky eater."

If this meant he could get out of cooking for himself, he was all for that.

Offline Tally

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »
Cameron rose, expressionless, to prepare food for Bard, which he couldn't believe he was being made to do after what just happened.  None of this felt exactly real to him yet.

"And to drink, sir?"  He paused at the kitchen door.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
"There should be wine in there," Bard called to Cameron as he flipped on the television. "Red and white. Which one, of course, depends on whatever it is you make."

Offline Tally

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »
"Of course," Cameron muttered.

He ended up making a simple pasta dish, something quick and fairly easy but something he'd made before and knew to be delicious.  In spite of everything, after the bathroom and the...photos, the thought of disappointing Bard made his throat clench.

While everything was still cooking, he brought Bard his first glass of wine and set it down for him on a coaster.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2014, 09:38:47 pm »
Bard took a sip of wine and sat back as he waited for Cameron to finish. "Do you drink?" he asked, eyes on the TV as he spoke. "Because you're also welcome to help yourself. If wine isn't to your liking, there's other things in the mini bar."

Offline Tally

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »
"Sometimes, sir," he said, returning to the kitchen as swiftly as he could so he wouldn't have to talk to Bard.  It was the most noncommittal response he could think of that still remained respectful.

Truthfully he didn't mind drinking, but he didn't want anything of Bard's at the moment.  He helped himself to water and that was it.  When the food was ready, he brought plate and utensils to Bard, as well as the wine bottle.

He refilled Bard's glass in silence.  His intention was to eat in the kitchen if he could.  Eating out here, with Bard, struck him as more intimate than he thought he could handle.  Besides, he was basically a servant, right?  Servants shouldn't eat with their employers.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2014, 03:34:42 pm »
Whatever Cameron was making, it smelled good, which was impressive, considering the kitchen's limited supplies. Bard didn't really enjoy cooking and rarely had the time to waste on it anyway, so most of the time he ate out for threw something simple together. He could get used to having a personal chef. Why he hadn't thought of that earlier, he had no idea.

When Cameron returned, Bard arched an eyebrow, glancing down at his plate and noting that Cameron had only brought enough for him, and none for himself. He picked up his plate and gave Cameron a questioning look.

"Aren't you going to have any?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2014, 03:36:54 pm »
He hedged at the doorway.

"I thought I should eat in the kitchen.  It would be more appropriate?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »
"Appropriate? Why would you think that?" Bard asked, frowning.

He pat the seat beside him. "Don't be ridiculous. Come, join me out here. Let's not be strangers, now."

Offline Tally

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »
"Yes, sir."

He would have thought Bard might like him to act more like a servant.  Even so, he didn't take his time or hesitate, and was back out in the living room and on the couch in moments.  His plate bore but a fraction of Bard's food—he didn't think he could stomach much.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal