Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Smooth operator. [TALLY!] [M/TW]  (Read 13112 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Smooth operator. [TALLY!]
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:41 am »
Well, if he was going to go ahead and start on the dishes, Bard wasn't going to stop him.

Heading into the kitchen, he handed Cameron his glass. "You can take this, too, while you're at it," he said, and pat him on the shoulder as he turned to head back to the living room. "Showing initiative already, I see. I like that, kid."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 02:16:32 am »
Cameron finished his own glass, then took care of Bard's, and set them both on the rack to dry.  He rejoined Bard in the living room, but this time he stayed standing.  He felt like he was already working for Bard, even if they hadn't made it official yet.  It didn't feel right to sit anymore, not without invitation.

"Thank you, sir.  I mean, for everything you're doing."  He shifted from foot to foot.  Just saying thank you seemed so inadequate.  Bard was quite literally saving his life, and had offered him a job.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 07:30:46 pm »
"Oh, it's not a problem. And I expect you'll make it up to me, anyway," Bard said with a smile.

In a variety of ways.

With Cameron standing there awkwardly, finished with the dishes, Bard rose from the couch and headed over to him. Might as well get him settled in, even if they wouldn't be staying here for longer than a night.

He turned Cameron toward the hallway with a touch on his shoulder. "In the meantime, how about that tour? We can find you something more...appropriate to wear while we're at it, and I'm sure you'll want to get cleaned up, too."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:53 pm »
Cameron smiled back.  He expected that same thing.  Was determined to do so, actually.

"Do you live here by yourself, sir?"  He hadn't seen evidence of anyone else here yet, not even a servant.  And thank goodness because after the time he'd had on Libra, he was totally okay with just having to deal with one other person.

He was also totally okay with taking advantage of Bard's hospitality and getting a shower.  And new clothes apparently!

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:31 pm »
"For the most part, yes," Bard answered as he lead the way down the hall. "Except when I have visitors, of course, but as far as long-term residents go? I'm it." He paused. "Well, and now you."

They soon reached his bedroom, which was minimalist as the rest of his home, if less cold and more cozy with a large bed and a mirrored closet, the inside of which was big as a small room. He headed to the closet and began to rifle through his things, frowning at Cameron as he did as though sizing him up. Cameron was smaller than he was, shorter, so his clothes would fit loose, but they were better than what he had on now, and far better than looking like a hobo.

He handed Cameron a long-sleeved undershirt and a vest, a pair of nice jeans.

"Go ahead and try these on," he said. "See if they fit."

And then he just waited there, arms folded.

Offline Tally

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »
Even Bard's bedroom looked expensive and classy.  This was all so much more high class than anything Cameron had ever live in or worked in—so far as he could remember.  It was kind of intimidating, but he didn't want Bard to see how utterly dumbstruck he was.

Gods above, his closet is as big as an apartment.

"Thank you, sir!"  Long sleeves!  That would cover most of his modifications, even when he was alone here with Bard, thank the gods.  He didn't like anyone seeing them, ever.  He spun until he found a bathroom to change in and headed for it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:09:02 pm by Tally »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2014, 11:36:31 pm »
"You're welcome," Bard said, and followed after Cameron as he made a beeline for the bathroom.

Before Cameron could shut the door, he leaned against the door frame. "They might be a little big on you, but they'll do for now, until we can go shopping and fit you with something proper. But that will have to wait until we're off the Libra. I'm not going to risk Libran fitting rooms. Oh."

He motioned to Cameron. "You can just go ahead and toss your old clothes in the trash under the sink. You won't be needing them anymore. You're worth more than ratty clothes."

Offline Tally

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »
Oh.  He...hadn't expected Bard to follow him.  Getting undressed in front of him concerned Cameron less than exposing every bit of his artificial parts, even though he knew that was a baseless isnecurity.  With everything Bard was doing for him, he should see the modifications he was risking so much for.

"Yes, sir," he said, pulling his t-shirt over his head.  There was something sad about throwing his clothes away, but Bard was right.  They weren't special or anything.  It was silly to want to hang on to them.

The modifications on his arm crawled all the way over his shoulder then grew sparse about his torso.  Most of the work there had been strictly internal, though bits of metal dotted his rib cage where they'd begun early work there.

He tossed his shirt in the trash, grabbed up the new one.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:40 am »
Bard was not subtle about the way he looked Cameron over, sweeping his eyes over him and inspecting his modifications--but he was looking at more than just the intricate metal. For all that he was imperfect and half machine, he wasn't hard on the eyes, either, and the parts of him that were still human were young and pretty.

He noted Cameron's obvious discomfort, but did nothing about it. Instead, he stepped further into the room to get a closer look at the metal crawling over his body.

"How fascinating," he said, walking a slow circle around him. "And it doesn't hurt you?" Some of the areas looked painful, like the parts where the skin met the metal, or the metal poked through the skin. "Can you feel anything with these parts?"

He reached out to touch Cameron's modified arm, and then paused. "May I?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 01:00:16 am »
Cameron paused, shirt still in hand, as Bard joined him in the bathroom.  He hadn't said in words that Cameron couldn't continue dressing, but...yeah, he made it pretty clear he was looking the modifications over.

"No, sir," he said.  "The flesh has all healed by this point."

He raises his arm to demonstrate, rubbing his fingers against each other.  "Sensory arrays run all underneath the metal.  I can feel everything."

He nodded in answer, even though he wasn't thrilled about it.  "Yes, sir, go ahead."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 01:01:28 pm »
Bard ran his fingers along Cameron's metal bicep--if it could be called a bicep, considering it was metal--and nodded to himself. "Sensory arrays, hm? So you can feel this? I never would have thought about that."

As he spoke, he trailed his hand up Cameron's arm, over his shoulder, and lightly caressed the cybernetics on his face with the back of his knuckles, near his eye.

"I'm going to assume your eye isn't just altered for aesthetics," he said, pushing some of the hair back from Cameron's face so he could see it better. "What does it do? What can you see with it?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »
"Yes, sir.  The entirety of the modifications collect sensory data—touch, pressure, heat, anything relevant really."  So different than his flesh parts, though.  What he felt when Bard ran a hand over him amounted to data more than sensation.  He'd always found it unsettling.  Another reason to wear long sleeves all the time.

It took some effort not to lean away as Bard looked into his artificial eye.  The pupil expanded and contracted, rotated, shifted in color, constantly busy.  "It's rather a...like an enhanced version of regular sight.  It can read thermal signatures and radiation.  It's...mapping your face right now for my records, and it knows the dimensions of the room and everything in it in case I have to act...quickly...for some reason."

Combat.  In case he had to act quickly for combat.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 03:13:51 pm »
"Act quickly," Bard repeated, petting Cameron's cheek where metal met flesh. He watched Cameron's artificial eye, intrigued. "Like in case of an attack? That's a good trait to have in a body guard."

His thumb traced Cameron's jaw absently, still studying Cameron's face, and then, as though remembering himself, he took a step back. He leaned back against the door frame and motioned for Cameron to continue.

"All very good to know. Now, as far as your parts go, do you have any special needs? Maintenance needs, things of that nature? I'm not too familiar with your hardware, so you'll have to educate me."

Offline Tally

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:59 pm »
Cameron nodded, frozen in place.  Almost entranced, even.  His artificial eye slowed, stilled, centering on Bard's face as no new information presented itself.  It revved back into movement as soon as Bard stepped back.

What was that?

"Um...well, I have a wing," he said, pushing his pants down and stepping out of them.  "See the slots?"

He turned, revealing two ports on his back to install his wings, of which he had only the one.  "I've got it stashed by the hotel I was staying at.  I'd like to get it installed...somehow .  It doesn't need much work.  A cybernetic prosthetics surgeon could do it, if I could find one discrete enough.  I could fly if I had the wing installed!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »
Bard was looking at more than just the ports when Cameron stepped out of his pants, but the question drew his eyes to the slots. Wings, huh? This kid...he was just full of surprises.

"There's bound to be someone who can do it on the Cancer, but...you could fly with the wing?" he said, and blinked. "Wing, singular. Wouldn't you need two?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »
"No, sir.  I couldn't fly with as much efficiency or maneuverability, but it would get me in the air reliably."  He glanced over his shoulder.  Bard didn't seem to be going for an examination of any of his leg or hip modifications, so Cameron chucked his old jeans and grabbed up the new ones.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »
"And you kept your wing near a hotel, you said?" Bard watched him pick up the jeans, and looked over his backside as he did. "We'll have to make sure we stop by and get it before we leave."

As Cameron pulled on the new jeans, Bard moved from the door again and took hold of the jeans, helping Cameron pull them up. "If these don't fit, I have some belts you could borrow. But they'll have to do until we reach the Cancer, because I don't trust shopping elsewhere with your condition."

He frowned. "Hmm. We'll also have to think of a way to hide your eye. That bandage worked, but it's not very subtle."

Offline Tally

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »
Cameron's hands stilled on the jeans.  Bard...sure seemed like a touchy feely kind of person.

"I think I'll need one.  They feel a little loose."  He couldn't even fasten them—Bard's hands still gripped the waist.  "But what else could plausibly cover my eye?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 08:28:53 pm »
"Ever considered an eye patch?" Bard asked, and reached around Cameron's front to begin buttoning his jeans. "That could work, provided we find the right one."

Grasping the zipper, he paused, smiled. "Ah, I just remembered. I didn't get to see all of you yet. Is this real or modified, too?"

His hand ghosted over Cameron's crotch as he spoke.

Offline Tally

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »
Cameron sucked in a surprised breath.  "Uh...um, that's...I—"

He laid a hand upon Bard's, but didn't stop him.  Didn't know if he should or if he wanted to.  How had this even happened?  "It's...unaltered?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal