Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Well, FML. [Namrul!]  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Well, FML. [Namrul!]
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »
"What? Food?" Soli had hardly heard most of what he'd said. He'd been too focused on the horror of the situation, and how bizarre Turlach's eyes were, to really retain much. But one very important word stuck, and it burned in his mind like a glowing beacon of hope: food. Food would repair the guy's energy thingy?

And then the ground began to change and morph and grow.

Oh gods, they were going to die!

Turlach was powering the rockets, though, and Soli spun around from watching the terrible scene unfolding and faced him. The man didn't have to ask him twice. Shouldering his supply bag, he grabbed Turlach's hand and clasped it firmly, then looked over his shoulder to watch their approaching, and growing, doom. His heart lodged itself in his throat, making him choke out his next words.

"Okay, now go! Go go go!" Closer it was growing, and then Soli watched in horror as the top of the mound split, revealing huge, snapping jaws with more jagged rows of teeth than seemed possible on a creature. They seemed to lead all the way down the beast's cavernous throat.

Soli let out a frightened shriek. "I LIED! I HAVE FOOD!" he told Turlach desperately, squeezing him harder. "Protein bars! Things like that! You can have them! You can have them all! Just please, hurry!"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:27:47 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:17 am »
[OOC: Sorry about the long response, life and relationships and jobs were happening.]

Turlach stared at Soli in disbelief, "Bitch.."

The creature was getting closer but Turlach wanted to see this. It's not like he was asking for much. If he was a mean person he'd throw Soli right into that monster's mouth. That was only if, but seeing as he's a nice guy, he'll just make him shit his pant in fear.

The creature was still getting closer, teeth going around and around inside it's gigantic mouth, it couldn't be very far away. They were just dangling there, he just could not believe Soli. He thought better of him in the few hours that they have known each other. C'mon, after all he had done for him: Kept him alive, fixed his wounds, gave him the best company in the wastelands. A little food would've been a nice trade for his services!

Maybe he should drop him in... nah, then there goes the food. He just sit here for a little bit longer "paralyzed with fear."

The beast couldn't have been more than 200 meters away, they could hear the sounds of the earth as it broke underneath this monster. It bellowed a vicious roar, something that sounds like if you took a blue whale's call and a lion's roar and put them in a blender being overclocked by a nuclear power plant.

This was enjoyable, watching Soli's face in this normally fatal situation. Turlach released a satisfied sigh, "Okay, enough is enough..." An incredibly bright red wave traveled down the arm that was holding Soli. "You'll be fine after this... maybe..." Turlach started to spin in the air still holding onto Soli until they reached what seemed fast enough. He released the power in his arm and sent Soli flying far into the sky in the direction they were heading initially. Putting his hand over his eyes, "I might have overdone it... ha..."

He set his jets to "Move like hell" and blasted after Soli, y'know, gotta catch him before he gets.... flattened. The creature swallowed the rock they were at. It sank back into the ground, still hungry, not knowing where they went.

Turlach brushed some sweat off his forehead, phew. He looked back to where he was flying, towards Soli.... right.. He's pretty high... I bet I could catch him. But then he might die. But I don't wanna fly that high. I'll meet him halfway. He might crack a rib or two.. better than dead.

Up he went, keeping his eyes dialed in on Soli, 400 ft...300...200..150 ...Okay, should be good to wait here. He started to hover and held his arms out so Soli, in hopes to catch him in one piece. That's just what he did, Soli slammed into his arms; pushing the two down a bit. "Hey baby, fell right into my arms, should I take you to my palace now?" Turlach snickered and brought the two to the ground. "Saved your life twice in one day.. tsk tsk, you owe me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 02:11:22 pm »
[Nooo, I totally understand! That's what got me there for a while too. Dx]

Soli didn't speak for a long time after that. He couldn't. Physically couldn't. As in, the wind had been driven clear out of his lungs and so he was left gasping and wheezing as he shamelessly clung to Turloch in a death grip, eyes clenched shut, face pressed to the man's chest, breathing short and rapid, and heart slamming away so fast he thought he might have a heart attack. That is, if he wasn't already dead. Was he...was he dead right now? Was he alive? Dear sweet gods, but he found himself literally paralyzed with fear for several moments there and was surprised his trousers were still dry.

It was the pain that brought him back--sharp, cutting pain in his ribs. With a grimace and a quiet whine, he cracked his eyes open and looked slowly up at Turloch's face. Turloch could probably feel him shaking, and he wasn't quite able to stop it.

"U-uh..." Soli swallowed back a wave of nausea. His voice was hoarse and his throat felt dry and scratchy from all his screaming because, you know. Monsters and falling to your death and all that? "Heh, yeah...uh. You got a palace?"

He only realized how stupid a question that was about five seconds later, but couldn't find it in himself to care. His brain had short circuited with the shock and stress of everything that had just happened, not to mention the very distracting pain in his side.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 06:20:37 pm »
He stared him right in the eyes, his as wide as possible, "Yes. It is gigantic and filled to the brim with servants. Now it would be very much appreciated that I get some food or we both die." He spoke slowly and each word was just filled with as much sarcasm as he could shove into it. The night was still moving forth and the big'n had scared off the majority of the creatures, so it was just them, standing there, with a power suit running on fumes.

The lights on his suit flickered and made strange beeping noises. He shook Soli a little bit, "Food. Food or death. Your choice. Not really, my choice. Now." He knew that right now Soli must be in a tumult of many emotions, but he couldn't help but express the fact that they are both very liable to die right now if he didn't get food in his system. "Now, Soli, I like ya, that's why you're alive. Snap out of your little daze and get me a bar or I will drop you and get it myself." He couldn't help but smile, he was such a cruel creature, but he wouldn't hurt him that much, then he'd have to go to through Soli's stuff... and that takes forever.

He start shifting his weight around, rocking them back and forth. Then came the robotic voice of A.B.A., 30 percent power, sir. Sir, it is in our best interests to get back as quickly as possible. You do have experiments running. Turlach sighed, "Yes, yes. I know.." He let go of Soli's legs so he could get some footing and then let go of his torso. "Now... food." He whipped out his left hand awaiting food and the other went to his hip. His overall person was nonchalant, awaiting his rightful prize.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »
It was rather hard to focus on doing much of anything with Turlach rocking around like that! Soli heard the words, heard what he was saying, but it was hard to comprehend them when he was still, mentally, 500 feet up in the air, plummeting to his doom. His grip was tight, his body still locked up in panic, and his ribs were really hurting.

It took Turlach letting go of his legs to snap him out of it.

His feet hit the ground, and then Turlach let go of him completely and, wobbly-kneed, he stumbled and then fell backwards onto his rear. It hurt his tail bone, but it also jolted him out of his stupor, and he stared up at the expectant Turlach with some hybrid of relief, horror, and anger. Relief he'd been saved, horror at what he'd been through, and pissed beyond belief that the guy had put him through that in the first place and was now demanding to be fed!

But he knew better by now than to refuse. He wanted to get out of here. Now. Before something worse came along, if such a thing were even possible.

With a groan, he pulled his pack off, set it in front of him, and fished out a bar, then tossed it to the man. "There. Now hurry up! I wanna get out of here..." Shoulders hunched, his eyes darted around the place, as though afraid something were going to pop out and eat them at any second.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »
Yum yum. Turlach caught the bar happily. He hastily unwrapped it and threw the wrapper on the ground and stuffed the whole thing in his mouth. With his mouth full he pointed at Soli, "Y'knolw.. Tha' biggun probgly scurred them ouff for now." He continued to chew and then finally swallowed it all in one big gulp. He let out a sigh of relief, it was the only food he had in a whole 24 hours! Probably a little bit more than that.

"Now we just gotta wait for a few moments for the suit to process the food. Then I'll be going faster than anything out here at all." He held out a hand to Soli, "Get your ass up. I just saved you again, with minimal damage! You should be paying me for this shit! Maybe we can work something out when we get to town.." He snickered, this guy is just too funny.

He pulled Soli to his feet and started walking again.

"Seeing as we're awake and the big guy made this place relatively safe for walking, we should make more ground," His suit started to pulsate with little red lights, "Oooh, here we go."

The pulsating increased in frequency and brightness, the metallic voice of A.B.A spoke up, We are now at 50 percent and climbing. We will be at optimum operating capacity in about 4 minutes. The lights had stabilized and just continued to glow in the night. It looked almost like a wild torch in the wasteland.

"We're almost ready to go, would you want to ride on my back or want me to hold ya by the scruff of the neck? Either'll be fine with me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 04:39:55 pm »
This man was positively insufferable.

Pulled to his feet, Soli walked along beside him, hand pressed to his aching ribs to try and relieve some of the pain. Saved him, his left butt cheek! True, he'd kept him from getting eaten, and Soli would have otherwise been stranded out here with no idea where to go, but he felt like Turlach could have at least saved him in a way that didn't end with him wounded. If they had to run for some reason, he didn't feel like he'd be able.

Tossing him like that had certainly been unnecessary!

"Pay you? I'll already be paying for hospital bills as it is, no thanks to you!" he huffed--and regretted it, because it made his ribs twinge. He sighed again, more carefully this time. "But I suppose we can figure something out, provided you don't hurt me again. Which also means..."

He motioned to Turlach's back. "I'll opt for the piggyback option here. Just...just don't throw me. Or drop me? Or do anything weird?"

Flying was frightening enough without Turlach messing around.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »
A little bit of a sigh escaped from Turlach, "tsk, tsk. No appreciation. Just imagine what would've happened to you if I didn't get up from my nice little spot," He leaned in, "You'd be so dead, man." He purposefully intensified his vision, not sure of Soli could tell or not. He was probably freaking out from the bug eyes still.

He slapped him on the back and grabbed his shirt, "Okay, up ya go." Turlach hoisted him onto his back using just his one hand. He grabbed Soli's wrists and made sure that it was a tight grip. He was gonna need it.

It was just then that A.B.A chimed in, Power has reached it's maximum, sir. Turlach got a grin. He started full out sprinting, tightening his grip. He laughs out a sentence, "I won't throw you, but I will fly with you on my back, so you better hope I keep my grip!"

He jumped into the air mid-sprint and the jets on his feet blasted to life. They were at least 10 times as powerful as before. They were only a couple feet off the ground, for safety. "We're gonna be home in no time at all!"

Nothing could catch them even if they did happen to cross more wildlife. Turlach's suit at full power could crush just about anything in this wasteland, with the exception of the REALLY big ones.

It would only take them a couple of hours to get to the nearest settlement. This would just happen to be Turlach's home. It was a smaller settlement, nothing like Teinar. But still large enough to be considered worth defending. When they got to the entrance Turlach kicked his feet out in front of him and brought them to a halt.

"Ah, there we are. You know how settlements here work, right?" He floated back down to the ground and dropped Soli. "This is where our association ends, Soli. For a little bit. We have somebody around here that can help you with all of your self-inflicted wounds. But if you ever need me, look for the shack with the..the...stuff around it. Pipes and crap." He turned and started walking off, "Gotta tend to my experiments!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal