Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bowen: Wants and Limits  (Read 399 times)

Bowen

Bowen: Wants and Limits
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:28:31 pm »
PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Um.  Pretty much anything!  Mundane wandering, conflict, out-and-out violence, water slide races, or world domination ice cream shop dreams.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
Sexual relations without actual relationships.  Gore for gore's sake.  Anything that involves gen.chem/o.chem/i.chem/bio.chem classes as anything other than a target for derision.  That sort of thing.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
Depends on the time of week and year; I tend to be more active later in the week and on weekends (less classes and all), and exam seasons are nasty.  I try to reply within at least 3-4 days at the outside, and if the thread is moving quickly I do my best to respond sooner.  I have been known to post-volley from time to time, but I am out of practice.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Before I get bored, forget where we were going, or give up on it?  I can wander off to do other things in under an hour, especially if I'm doing a bunch of rl stuff anyway, but it takes me a few days at least to lose track of where a thread was going.  If it's been two or three weeks without a reply, I might start to lose interest or hope in a thread.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Sure!  I'm most available in the evenings (6-10ish Saskatchewan time, which is -6 in winter and -7 in summer - no DST).  I'll give out my skype (text only, though, please) if anyone wants to rp, though I'd really rather not post it.

Are you open to post volleying?
Sure!  Nice and lively.  Just give me a chance to clear my schedule out (i.e. not have dishes soaking in cooling water... again) so I don't have to disrupt the run.

Anything else?

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I am a bit touchy on this; if it's something little, like preceding/following through a doorway, taking a hand, or (to some extent) slapping/tripping, okay.  If it implies that my character will take damage or do something, however, I reserve the right to modify the outcome - so please, if you want to punch one of my characters, go with 'punch' rather than 'knocked out' or 'knocked down.'  I'll probably go along with it - I like torturing my characters - but I want to be the one who makes that decision.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
Go for it!  Higher-quality plotting and relationship depth might be more necessary for things like extreme age differences.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
I'm not experienced or overjoyed about writing sex, but if it is to improve the relationship's quality and depth, then I will.  I'm not really a prude, but I am close enough to asexual in real life to be entirely uninterested in sex for sex's sake.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
For plottiness?  Go for it.  Although I don't play a lot of characters capable of conceiving, so I'll leave it to other people to play out the hormones XD

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
I'm cool with violence, especially high-action scenes; however, unnecessary gore runs the risk of boring me, especially when so much detail is used that I can't help but pick out the anatomical and physiological flaws >.>

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
I'm not a personal fan of such things, but for a plot's sake, I will consider it.  Fade-to-black for rape, though, please.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Ask, but I'm probably cool if it's temporary and may be cool if it isn't.  Completely permanent transformations (full-time physical ones) are going to be touchy with my distinctly inhuman characters, though.

What about healing?
If I make a character with an injury or disability or whatever, ask me first.  Chances are that I either want it to shape their character or have plans for it to be healed later on.  For injuries acquired on-screen with healers around, I'll try to remember to let people know if I don't want it healed.  Otherwise, go for it!  Especially minor things like sprained muscles.

Anything else?
No trying to ride on Kahaku?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal