Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Spammer/troll alert!  (Read 847 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Spammer/troll alert!
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:43:46 am »
This is just a head's up to let folks know that there is a troll/spammer going around the RPG community.

They haven't shown up on RotE yet, but they've been hitting a lot of major RPG directories and the RPGs on them, as well as going through a website's affiliates and hitting all the games associated with them. They tend to join up and PM-spam everyone with disturbing images (gore and other explicit pictures), and troll folks in the cbox.

So just be on the lookout! If anything strange pops up, please PM me or Tally immediately!

As a precaution, just until this blows over, we're going to limit the PM permissions of newly registered members.

In the meantime, we suggest that if you get a PM from a newly registered member, especially one who hasn't interacted with the site much yet (such as introduced themselves or posted a character profile) to hold off on opening the PM until me or Tally can get online and confirm that they're legit.

But with any luck, this'll all blow over soon and the pest will never hit us! <3
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:30:43 am by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Spammer/troll alert!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:46 am »
Hide your emails, peeps. If this is who I think it is, they like to use the email addresses of registered members and staff to make their accounts.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »
I've gone and made sure that email addresses are invisible for everyone on the site now.

DarkPureLight

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »
Post Your Funny Logs And Enjoy this topic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal