Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: If I Can't Take My Coffee Break (Rhi!)  (Read 5590 times)

Katie

If I Can't Take My Coffee Break (Rhi!)
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »
The thing about instant coffee was that, while it was crap, it was fast crap. And cheap crap. And it had just as much caffeine as the good stuff, and it kept for longer. Which was why Alia put up with it. That and her paycheck. Sure, it was good--the wonders of a steady job--but the thing about living on a space station was that real coffee beans tended to set you back...a lot. Even with the hydroponics system, on account of the public one being for essential things. Stuff like coffee or sugar grown on-Cancer was all grown on private 'ponics, and given the cost of maintaining those was through the theoretical atmosphere, the problem was pretty clear.

It was a specialized market, and pirate pilots weren't exactly the target demographic, yeah?

So Alia drank instant coffee, and didn't bitch about it. Much. She stirred it til the powder mixed with the water completely, then stirred it again for good measure, then took a sip. Carefully. She'd already scratched two cups (always such fun to explain).  She heard a noise in the door and turned, one hand going to her hip out of habit even though it was early enough that the Sassy was still locked up. But it was just Ari.

"Morning," she said, raising the cup in his general direction. "For a given definition of the word."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: If I Can't Take My Coffee Break (Rhi!)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:50 am »
Trudging groggily into the kitchen, Ari paused at the sound of Alia's voice and raised his head, blinked a couple times as he peered at her through messy bed-hair. He was always slow to wake, never one of those people that hopped out of bed all sunshine and perkiness. The perkiness came after caffeine and a shower, generally in that order. Clothes followed. But since he'd had neither, Alia was greeted with the full force of his sluggishness and current state of undress, which involved boxers and nothing else.

"Mm. Mornin', sweetheart," he said with a floppy wave, and shuffled the rest of the way in, squinting in the artificial light. He took a seat at the table, sank his head into his hand for a moment and pondered passing out again, but finally forced himself to sit upright, face the light, and take it like a bloody man.

"That coffee?" he said, making a vague motion at her cup. "Wanna be a doll and grab me some, there?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Katie

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »
[Oops guess who just saw this.]

"Normally I'd say get your own, but since you can't manage pants yet I'm not trusting you with anything hot." She'd gotten used to this kind of thing a long time ago--being stuck on a ship together meant you saw most of your fellow crew members in various states of undress eventually, and she'd been on a lot of ships. She'd also gotten used to the pet names. Sort of.

Alia made another cup (and wished for a coffeemaker, but the stuff that went through those was more expensive than the powder kind) and handed to Ari. "Drink up and become people again. You know what they say you're supposed to do about zombies."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »
[Aww! xD It's all good! <333]

Ari grinned, pressed fingers to his temple, and mimed shooting himself in the head. "Right? Heh, no worries, darlin'. I ain't the brain-eatin' type. I like nibblin' the bits ya can reach with a little clothes shufflin' and no skull crackin'."

With a wink her way, he accepted the coffee, took one long sip, and winced as he burned his tongue. "Ow, shit."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Katie

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »
Alia rolled her eyes. She was used to that, too--not that it made it any funnier.

"Careful," she said mildly, trying and failing to repress a smile. "It's still hot."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 10:49:46 pm »
[xD I love how the gifs have taken over.]

Ari shot her a bland stare, one eyebrow raised. "Naaaaw! Ya think? I only just seared my tongue off." It was way too early to use good judgment.

He set his coffee aside to let it cool and then stuck his tongue out at Alia. "Wanna kiss it better?"

Katie

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 05:56:37 am »
[It's an epidemic!]

Alia held up a hand. "Fun as your offer sounds, nope. Go elsewhere."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:47:50 am »
[>8D *INFECTS ALL THE THINGS!*]

Ari affected a kicked puppy look, which hardly looked convincing on his face. "Aw, baby, why so frigid? You're gonna give me frostbite here."

Katie

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:35 pm »
Alia snorted. "Like nobody else on this ship will bang you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 05:52:02 pm »
"Alia!" Ari pressed a hand to his heart, eyes wide. "Sweetheart! Ya wound me! What am I, some sex-starved neanderthal to ya? Ya think all I'm interested in is sex? Is that all ya see? Lemme tell ya, darlin', I am a person, with feelin's, and I'm just as deservin' of love as anyone! And those feelin's, ya just hurt them."

Katie

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »
"Well...yeah." She grabbed a seat across from Ari. "I'd say I was sorry about that, but my mama taught me it's bad form to lie to your boss."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 07:59:32 pm »
"Smart woman," Ari said, and took a sip of his coffee. "Though she missed the lesson where a little ass-kissin' here and there never hurt no one."

Katie

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »
"My teeth're too sharp to kiss ass," Alia said. "It'd be a shame if yours ended up ruined, yeah?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 08:17:41 pm »
"Well, I do like my ass," Ari agreed. "But I also like teeth. Such a conundrum."

Katie

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:25 pm »
"Here's an idea," said Alia, "Find somebody who doesn't have fangs. Then you can have all the kinky monkey sex you want and you won't have to get stitched up. What d'you think?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 02:55:28 am »
Ari blinked, grinned, and rubbed his side where the stab wound had finally gone from a wound to a scar. "Oh, babe. If I don't gotta get patched up, how do I know the sex was good?"

Katie

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »
"Orgasm might be a clue." She took a swig of coffee. "Some folks don't even try." By folks she meant men; she'd slept with women and other people who were bad at getting her off, but none who didn't at least give it a try.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »
"Details, details." Ari waved his hand. "But I will have ya know I ain't one of the slackers."

Katie

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »
"'course not," Alia said. "You're the kind of guy who has skill." Then she realized the combination of what she'd said and who she'd said it to, and added, "Don't you go taking that the wrong way."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 04:20:08 pm »
"Tch, I'm takin' it the right way," Ari said with a wide grin, and steepled his fingers beneath his chin as he peered at her. "It was only a matter of time before the ice cracked beneath the masculine charm and hot, sexy vibes."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal