Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nascence (zozee9)  (Read 2894 times)

Rastul

Re: Nascence (zozee9)
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:55 am »
"No .. " Syl wiggled the fingers on his right hand, projecting out the invisible tendrils of force. He wrapped them around the knife blade (and was somewhat surprised when he felt no pain), and jerked his hand backwards, attempting to rip it from her grip.

"I've been here for as long as I can remember. I do remember being in different rooms though .. Large ones, small ones, white ones, grey ones .."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

zozee9

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:32 am »
So he is getting his memory back, thought Devicia. How much will he remember?

Devicia could feel the pull on the knife, but it wasn't strong enough to pull it out of her grasp. "Try harder. You don't want a fight to be over once the opponent gets a hold of your weapon. Anyway, how about this room? I mean, obviously it's white, but is it small? Big? Medium? How does it compare to the other rooms you've been in?"

Rastul

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 03:26:14 pm »
The tendrils of force to the knife were weak. Syl found that if he concentrated, they grew .. thicker. His influence on the knife was more solid, and he jerked his hand back, harder, as an angler with a stubborn fish.

"It's much smaller."

He pursed his lips in thought.

"As if they wanted to confine me."

zozee9

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »
The knife was yanked out of Devicia's hand, almost taking her with it. "Well... you got that move down. And why would they want to confine you? Do you know?"

It could be because he had to use his abilities with Devicia, but he was in the room before she even came to TRIM. So that wouldn't make sense.

Rastul

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 11:16:03 am »
Syl shrugged, twirling both knives around him in complex patterns. He found that a minimum of two tendrils was needed to fully manipulate the blades, and so he could still swing them around with just one hand, his palm facing upwards, fingers wiggling as if he was swirling a pair of chinese qi balls.

"I probably did something bad." A touch of maliciousness in his grin. Was it from defiance of his captors?

zozee9

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »
Laughing Devicia said, "So bad they had to take away your memory? Makes sense to me. Why'd ya stop attacking?" Even though Devicia no longer had a knife, she should be able to avoid any fatal wounds. She had been in enough knife fights before to know how to do that much.

Rastul

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
Syl gave her that intent look again.

"Because I will probably kill you."

He bit his lip. "Then wake up in another room. Can we stop yet?"

zozee9

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 09:03:58 pm »
Looking back at Syl, Devicia replied, "I don't want to die. But the scientists don't care if I die. Not yet. So you'd probably stay in this room."

Since it didn't seem like Syl would start randomly attacking, Devicia started pacing around the room. What corner is the main video camera in again? though Devicia. Ah... right... the top left one.

Devicia walked over to the corner that was left of Syl and looked up. Then, moving her gaze back and forth between Syl and the corner, Devicia continued, "And we'll stop when they stop us. But I do believe we've done enough to prove you can control a knife telepathically—which was the goal of the day. So perhaps we could be done?' Devicia smiled towards the corner that (hopefully) contained the invisible camera. Not that the scientists would be wooed by her charm.

Rastul

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 08:16:15 am »
Syl visibly relaxed, and placed both of the knives neatly down on the tray. The room declined to suck them up though, somewhat indicating that the trial was not completely finished.

"So, let's talk about more interesting things!" He clapped his hands together. Apparently this was one of the longest periods of time in which he could still retain his memory, and he seemed eager to absorb as much as possible.

zozee9

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »
It was Devicia's job to get Syl to use his telekinesis powers and, currently, she was failing. She didn't want to force him to fight her, especially because that could end up with her death. But if she didn't do her job, that could end up with being fired and becoming the new patient at TRIM.

Having an idea, Devicia asked, "So... can you fly or anything? Like, lift yourself up with your telekinesis powers? And what interesting things do you want to talk about? I'm still technically your therapist so I see no harm in discussing things." That last sentence was her proof to the scientists that she thought it was okay if she did this. She hoped it was.

Rastul

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 01:48:01 pm »
"I don't know. Tell me about you."

Syl stared at his hands, wiggling the tendrils of force that emerged from his fingertips. Apparently his own manifested telekinesis may not have been similar to others - although he did not have anything to compare it to.

"I can't really lift myself up, you know .. " His quirked eyebrow disappeared quickly as he apparently had some sort of breakthrough: he raised his hands and embedded the psionic lines into the wall, and he mimiced an one-handed pullup, raising himself into the air.

The room was apparently impervious to psionic manipulation, for the tendrils quickly lost their grip and he fell down, barely managing to maintain his balance. At first he stared around the room questioningly, but then with increasing suspicion.

zozee9

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »
Not quite sure what Syl was doing, Devicia simply decided to do what he had said.

"I'm fifteen. Lived on the streets my whole life. I was abandoned as a baby and was raised by other street folk until I was six. We were still friends afterwords, but weren't with each other twenty four seven. I've always known about my regenerative abilities, though I don't know how I got them. Guess it was in my blood. Um... my favorite color is red. I'm not a vampire. Anything else you want to know?" Devicia wasn't really used to talking about herself, but she figured she did a pretty good description of her life. She was mainly trying to waste time at this point. And get to know Syl.

Rastul

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 08:01:57 am »
"Pretty normal, I'd say."

None of this really sounded out of the ordinary for Syl. Then again, he did not spend much time anywhere. Most likely he had had interpersonal interactions in the past, but recalling them was a bit of a strenuous exercise. He pursed his lips.

"I'm thinking of attempting to escape." He fingered the small chip he had retched up the day before - cleaned and in his pocket.

zozee9

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 09:32:02 am »
Knowing that they were being watched, Devicia responded, "I would have to advise against that. Not only is it impossible," or near impossible, "It would also most likely end in your death."

Even though Devicia came to TRIM to help people, prison breaks weren't quite on the scale of possibility yet. If caught, Syl would most likely die and Devicia would be a new subject. Wasn't exactly what she wanted. No, she was planning on waiting until other scientists trusted her completely—that way she could help without being suspected, therefore not being fired, and be able to continue helping more people. So although she would love to help Syl, the only help she could give him now was to not attempt escaping. After all, he wouldn't be able to do it alone.

Rastul

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 02:06:21 pm »
"Hmm."

Syl pursed his lips. "I think I can do it." The white room they were in shuddered, as if warning him. It seemed to shrink in dimension, and a pair of white appendages burst from the floor, grabbing his wrists and forcing him to sit in some sort of detention chair, ropes bursting from the white backing to wrap around him until he was bound in a strait jacket of sorts.

He grinned. "Guess not!"

Well, at least the testing would be concluded for the day. That was a pleasant side effect.

zozee9

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 02:11:02 pm »
After Syl's incident the day before, Devicia had heard he got transfered to a new room. Apparently they put more troublesome people in different rooms. But since he didn't actually do anything, he only got moved down a floor lower where the walls and floors and ceiling were all harder. And the rooms were smaller. Great.

Somehow managing to get through the labyrinth called TRIM, Devicia finally found Syl's room. Scanning her hand, she walked inside.

Rastul

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 07:12:39 pm »
The aftermath was swift and simple. The chair Syl sat on was mobile: it zoomed out of the room, still holding him, and carried him through a jumble of passages and corridors. After a while Syl lost track of whether they were going left or right, up or down; later upon attempting to recall what direction they had taken him in he swore that the chair had gone up and down at least ten times or so. His memory was once again made fuzzy by a tendril on the chair gently plucking out the chip from the port behind his right ear. Upon doing so, the static hit him harsher than usual, and his head went limp, eyes glassy. He was saved from whiplash by the chair cradling his head.

Later, he woke to a small room. He was completely stripped, and his stomach had a bland, scratchy after taste. When he was asleep, he digestive system had been completely pumped and flushed, ridding the two or three extra chips that he had swallowed prior to an earlier experience, when he was still aware of what was going gone and had made a last ditch attempt to pass on a message to his future self. He sat and thought and thought and thought until he finally came to this conclusion. There was no mistake, he needed to escape. But how?

The sound of a door opening, in his small white cell (thank the higher beings that they had the mercy to keep a window) startled him. He jumped from his place at the window sill and turned to face the entrant, still naked. Apparently the system had deemed it was safer - for the facilities - for him to be devoid of any opportunity to hide any more chips. At least he was fit, lithe, somewhat muscular.

zozee9

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 07:23:26 pm »
Scrunching her face, Devicia immediately turned around. Talking to the first guard she saw, Devicia demanded, "Get him some clothes. Or at least pants. And if they complain... well, tell them I'm quitting." Even though Devicia knew she technically would become a subject if she quit, she had also gained confidence now that the scientists knew they needed her.

Within seconds, the guard returned with pants. And a top. Sadly, they were both white. All this white was going to make Devicia go crazy. After the guard handed her the clothes, she walked back into the room and watched as the wall closed behind her. Then she turned towards Syl.

Tossing the clothes to Syl (and avoiding looking at him), Devicia said, "Put them on. And first question of the day: what's your name?" She figured they took away his memory once, probably because he did something bad, so there was a possibility that they took them away again.

Rastul

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »
He quirked an eyebrow as he saw Devicia request something from a guard. That was the second person that he ever saw in his life - to him, people were just voices and pictures from the wall. Syl ran on the spot, clearly agitated. He wanted to get a look at the guard's face, to attempt to burn the image in his memory forever. He was easily distracted though by her opening question.

"Syl!" He quipped brightly. The clothes fell in a heap to the floor. It seemed that he did not have the good social sense to be embarrassed, for he placed his hands on his hips and stood there, grinning at the entrance of a somewhat familiar face.

"I remember you. Devicia, right? Right??" Knowledge of her name seemed to please him greatly, and he repeated her name a few times, confirming to himself that yes, indeed, he could remember things.

zozee9

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »
"Yes, I am Devicia. But if you want to talk more, you have to put those on. Or else I'm leaving." Devicia felt like she had to treat Syl like a toddler... a toddler that could probably kill her if he had a weapon. But at least that toddler hadn't had his memories erased again.

Since she got to choose what happened in this session, Devicia decided they could at least start the morning with talking. Looking into the center of the room, she was unhappy to find that they hadn't put a second chair into the room.

"Can we have a second chair, please?" asked Devicia to whoever was listening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal