Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What You Want [godsibb]  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Flakeblood

Re: What You Want [godsibb]
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »
Kit was relieved when she took his flowers and placed them in a container. Hopefully she had also accepted the offer of hospitality they symbolized. Her expression, or lack thereof, had him worried for a moment before her cheerful smile returned again.

He gave a grateful crinkle in his eyes at her proclamation that he could stay. Then, of course, she mentioned her bed.

A small sputter escaped before Kit saw her expression. Kay looked completely sincere and sure of her answer. Was she really not seeing the awkward situation that could arise?

"..." A small nod was all Kit could do.

He tried to reply verbally, but found that he really did not know how to dissuade her. They had only just met, and he didn't want the relationship to go wrong just before a dangerous operation. Eventually, he nodded again as he found his voice.

"Thank you, but that will not be necessary." He came further in and closed the door, as she had practically invited him in. "I'm certain that you will be more comfortable if you have the same circumstances as each night previous. I might disrupt your sleeping habits."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »
Kay waved her hand, as if writing off what he said.

"It's fine, it's fine! I can sleep through almost anything! I want you to be as comfy as possible."

Not waiting for him to answer, she skipped off down the hallway toward her room.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 01:47:43 pm »
Kit sighed softly. He decided to try and persuade her later. Right now, he supposed that he had better try to clean himself a bit.

He followed Kay a bit before asking, "Do you have any extra bathroom commodities you could let me use? I would like to wash up."
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 03:25:51 pm »
At his question, she turned toward him, pointing at a closed door to the right of her bedroom.

"Well, I only have one restroom, but you're free to use it!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »
Kit nodded and thanked her, heading towards the door.

"I am going to shower. I should be out shortly."

He mused over the wisdom of his idea before pushing it away. He really did need to wash the scent of smoke and cheap perfume off his body.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:59:44 pm by Flakeblood »

godsibb

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »
"Okay! Take your time!"

She watched him go into the bathroom before walking into her own room, planning to clean it up a little bit.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »
Once inside the bathroom Kit took a quick look around. It was fairly standard, for a woman that is, with perfumed soaps, little nick knacks, and some other random hair and skin products laying around.

Kit wasted no time in removing his clothing, making sure to fold each article before placing it on the counter top, but left his boots on the floor below them. He then stepped into the shower, pulling the green curtain closed, and ran the water. Hopefully, Kay wouldn't mind if he used some shampoo and body wash. She was planning on leaving anyway.

The warm water was soothing, and Kit relaxed into it. It not only helped cleanse his skin, but it filled his nostrils with the fresh, crisp, clear smell of water. It smelled different than the water from Edanith, but he wasn't going to be picky. It beat what he had smelled all day. Except for maybe the flowers he bought.

A small blush worked its way to Kit's face as he recalled Kay. He had gotten into quite a few awkward situations with her, and he had only just met her today. She seemed oblivious to this, and Kit wondered if maybe it was just a thing for people on Aedolith.

He tried not to dwell on it too much, and instead lost himself in the sound of the water flowing from the shower head.

godsibb

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:50 pm »
As she was straightening up her room and fixing up her bed for company, Kay suddenly got an idea.

Hmmm... I bet his clothes are really dirty... Oh! I'll wash them for him while he's in the shower!

Determined to aid Kit in any way she could, Kay walked out of her room and quietly slipped into the restroom. Luckily, it wasn't locked- she had no idea if there was a key for the bathroom door. Ignoring the water running behind the shower curtain, she glanced around, immediately finding his clothes folded neatly on the counter. Already imagining how surprised he would be when he found out that she washed his clothes, she giddily scooped them up in her arms (leaving his boots), and crept back out of the bathroom, carefully closing the door behind her.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 08:34:41 pm »
Kit finished his shower in good time, and after making sure to rinse off all the bubbles, he turned off the water. Squeezing a little of the water out of his bangs, Kit stepped out of the shower and onto the mat in front of it. He quickly found a towel and began drying himself off. After he was merely damp, Kit looked to the corner where he had set his clothes.

They weren't there.

Kit's only visible eye widened as he looked around the rest of the bathroom for some sign of his clothes. He was unable to even catch a glimpse of them.

He heaved a magnificent sigh before turning back to the mirror. He'd have to go searching for them eventually, but for now, he'd comb his hair out.

godsibb

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »
Kay proudly stepped out of the laundry room, which was just a small space hidden behind a door in the kitchen area. Behind her, the rumble of a washing machine working sounded, thoroughly cleaning Kit’s outfit. Happy at doing another good deed for him, she walked down the hall toward her room, briefly stopping in front of the restroom door.

Oh, it sounds like he’s done already. I’ll tell him about his clothes when he gets out.

With that thought, she gleefully bounced back into her room.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »
Having stalled for as long as he could, Kit slowly opened the door to the bathroom and looked out. Kay was no where in sight, which was good. Keeping a firm hand on the towel wrapped about his waist, he headed in towards the main room. He wasn't entirely sure if he'd find his clothes there, but maybe he'd be able to find a blanket to wrap himself in as opposed to a small towel.

Passing the kitchen, he heard a noise that was definitely a machine at work. A familiar sounding machine...

'No. No, no, no,' he thought, moving towards the noise.

He opened the door to find a washer. Washing his clothes. Which he now could not wear until done.

'No way.'

Kit closed his eyes in despair before moving out of the kitchen. He kept them closed as he leaned against the wall in the hallway, contemplating. He couldn't just hide out in the bathroom. And what was he, scared? Certainly not! Though... he still wasn't sure he felt comfortable walking around in just a towel. Kit was completely unsure as to what he should do to solve the problem; So, he simply stood.

godsibb

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »
Hearing movement outside, Kay poked her head out into the hallway. Unfazed by the nearly-naked man standing there, she gave him a dazzling smile.

"Surprise! I washed your clothes for you!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54:21 am »
Kit started at the sound of Kay's voice. He whipped his head in her direction, eye widening a bit. His hand subconsciously clenched the towel tighter. His heart was beating faster from surprise, but he made sure his voice was calm, as usual.

"So I saw."

He wasn't entirely sure whether to thank her or not. The shower had a curtain instead of glass at least, so she hadn't seen him when she snuck in to steal his clothes. He decided to question Kay.

"Why?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:00:48 pm by Flakeblood »

godsibb

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »
"Why?" Kay echoed his question, slightly disappointed that he didn't seem as excited at her little surprise as she thought he would be. She then wondered if he was even capable of showing such an emotion.

"Well, 'cause your clothes were probably dirty, right? You're the one doing most of the work to help me sneak out, so I wanted to be useful however I could..."

Blinking over at him, Kay tried to read his expression. Did she do something wrong? Was he mad? What if he didn't want clean clothes? Or even worse, what if they were dry clean only? Running different scenarios about what could have gone wrong through her mind, she dearly hoped he wasn't angry at her.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »
Kay started looking worried, as though she thought he was going to be angry. Kit shook his head a bit.

"You have done nothing wrong," he informed her, "It is simply that..."

He tried to think of a way to express the awkward situation he was caught in, but found that he could not. He could not admit to this stranger, this girl, that he was nervous being seen in such a way by an acquaintance. A cute acquaintance...

He blushed deeply and looked away, hoping his hair hid his face. "N-no reason. I don't have any spares though."

He immediately crushed the urge to cover himself with his arm. No, he'd manage. What was he embarrassed for anyway? Not like he hadn't gone swimming before. Granted, that was completely different. Kit wasn't sure why, but it was. Now it was just him and Kay. Alone. Kit silently cursed himself.

godsibb

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »
Kay relaxed, glad Kit wasn't mad at her. No spare clothes? Is that all he was worried about?

"Oh, I see!" She gestured at his almost-nakedness, unaware of his thoughts and extreme embarrassment. "Just go ahead and sleep like that."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »
Kit almost choked.

"I-I don't think that will work..."

He tried desperately to control his breathing. Sleeping naked in the same bed as a girl in undergarments? It was practically the same situation he'd been trying to avoid. Except she wasn't trying to do it purposely. And her widened eyes were adorable...

Kit wrestled his unruly brain into submission. No way was he thinking that now. Probably.

godsibb

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »
"Won’t work? Why?"

Does he have a problem with sleeping naked? It's not like she cared; they would both be asleep. Kay folded her arms and tilted her head. He was definitely one of the strangest people she's met.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
Turning his head slowly back towards Kay, Kit cleared his throat.

"Look kid, I'm probably old enough to be your father. I may not be familiar with this planet's customs yet, but I'm certain that two adults practically naked in the same bed means something. I'm, uh... not quite sure that's the message I want to put out."

Kit didn't actually know her age, but he guessed she was pretty young. Maybe in her late teens? Regardless, they had just met, and he wasn't certain that he was comfortable with the arrangements. Considering his recent thoughts as well, he wasn't sure that he wouldn't do something out-of-bounds before catching himself. His mind was doing strange things tonight.

godsibb

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »
Kid? Father?

Kay’s feathers were officially ruffled. Her tail sticking out indignantly, the look on her face was one of utmost annoyance. Just how old did this guy think she was, 15?!

"First off, there's a difference between two people just meaninglessly sleeping in a bed, half naked or not, and two people actually doing something in a bed. All I wanted to do was to offer you a comfortable place to sleep, and only sleep, unless you're implying that we were going to do something." Getting that speech off her chest, her nose wrinkled slightly in irritation as she got to the point of her anger.

"And for your information, I'm going to be 21 in a few days!" She put her hands on her hips, making a small huffing sound as she did. "If anything, I'm probably old enough to be your girlfriend, thank you very much."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal