Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What You Want [godsibb]  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Flakeblood

Re: What You Want [godsibb]
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 08:39:25 pm »
Kit couldn't help the eye twitch when Kay admitted to being a psychic. It was the one not covered by his hair; Damn. He didn't care at the moment though. Had his initial hunch been right? Was she reading his mind? No, that couldn't be correct. She didn't seem to want to use her powers, given that she was afraid of the government finding her.

He sighed and closed his eyes, settling his face a bit more into his scarf. He honestly didn't need the trouble. Sure, he'd done jobs like this before, but he'd never had an entire country that would oppose him. Usually it was only a small group of people he had to out-maneuver. Here, he couldn't count on anyone, and the entirety of the military force would be against him, not just some outlaws.

Kit decided to get a feel for how willing she was to assist with the escape. If she was going to be some damsel in distress and not contribute then he couldn't do anything.

"I'm not interested in your money kid. I could get more by trading, and I wouldn't have the military after me for that either."

Of course, he wasn't completely adverse to the idea, but he had no ideas on how to leave. It was he first visit to Aedolis after all, and he had yet to establish any contacts or learn the ins and outs of the underground business here. He'd need serious commitment and help to even begin to pull this off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 08:54:29 pm »
When Kay saw Kit's eye twitch, her heart sank. Did he not like psychics? What if he didn't want anything to do with her because of that? As she fearfully continued to watch him, she was glad to see that he didn't react in anger or disgust and storm out. He seemed to know she hadn't been using her powers.

So he didn't want money. Okay, that was good. And he had a point about the military. By this time, any other person would have probably left, but Kit was still willing to talk to her. Maybe she had something else she could offer him?

"Uhn... Oh! You have to have a ship, right? I've been studying navigation, so I can help you with that! And...and I think I have technopathy, so if you have any problems with electronics or anything, I can try to fix them! Um...and you won’t have to pay me, either!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »
He hummed a bit and tilted his head very slightly to the side. Navigational skills could be useful, especially in his field. He was currently trying to find more places to engage in business, so having a navigator to lead him would be extremely helpful. The not getting paid was a delightful bonus.

Kit didn't trust her technopathy skill though. Even Kay seemed unsure of her powers, which would not help her control them. Still, in this case, the pros might outweigh the cons.

"How are you so sure you can trust me?" he inquired, "I might not be a wanderer. Can you trust your safety, your life, in the hands of a total stranger whom you simply mistook for a wall?"

He really, really hoped that her answer was not related to mind reading.
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 09:09:12 pm »
Kay thought about his question. She had asked herself the same thing just a moment ago. What was it that made her feel as if she could confide in him?

"To be honest, I don't know. You could tell on me... Or hurt me or kill me, stuff like that. But the way I see it, if I stay here, each day holds a greater possibility of me getting caught and becoming a Pilot Candidate, where I'll probably still get hurt or killed. So either way, my life's in danger, right? The only difference in placing my trust in you is that there's a chance that you might actually help me instead, and get me out." She nodded, her optimistic logic making perfect sense to her.

"Oh... and I suppose I could just risk it and read your mind right quick, but I think I've been rude enough to you today." She gave him a small smile. "Besides, you seem very nice."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:52 pm »
Kay's explanation cleared up a few things Kit had wondered about. She was truly desperate. While it might not be the best thing for her logic, at least he knew she'd put everything she had into escaping. Her other response to him was... unexpected, but her labeling might keep her from intentionally putting him at risk.

"No accounting for taste I suppose..." Kit murmured. He opened his eyes completely and looked directly at Kay.

"Nonetheless, I will help. I have done this sort of thing before... It will require planning though. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't visited this planet until now. I don't want any unpleasant surprises."

godsibb

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »
At his declaration to help her, Kay's eyes lit up, her tail dancing around wildly.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She hugged him tightly, quickly letting go. They had to think of a way to leave, but she honestly didn’t know how. She hadn't really planned this far ahead.

"Uh... Hmmm. I guess we should do something about this first." She lifted her right arm, showing him her micro-chipped hand. "It’ll be pretty risky to try to escape if I had it on..."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »
'Oh, that's right. She has a tail. ...Huh.'

Kit was snapped out of his musings by the brief hug Kay gave. He felt the tiniest bit of heat in his face, but hopefully, it wasn't enough to become visible.

He then began contemplating the problem Kay had just brought up: Microchips. Kit rubbed his left hand with his right, remembering his own chip.

"I don't believe it is the presence of the chip that is the problem. I had to get one even as a visitor. Rather..."

He reached up and ran one hand through his bangs, thinking.

"Do you happen to know how tight security is at the spaceport? For leaving that is. If they don't ID, you could pass yourself off as a crew member."

godsibb

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:43 pm »
Kay thought about the spaceport. She had never been there personally, but she could probably accurately assume how well-guarded it is.

"I'd guess the security at the spaceport would be really tight. And they most likely do check ID, seeing as they don’t want any citizens sneaking out right under their noses..." She sighed. This would be harder to do than she thought.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »
Kit sighed. "No use doing a rush job," he murmured, already thinking over options.

He'd have to go back to the space port at least once, to test out security himself. He'd likely also have to establish contacts faster than he was used to. Trustworthy people, especially in his line of business, were hard to come by. Even if you could find someone, they'd take just as much convincing that you were trustworthy, too.

"I will need some time to establish contacts and gather information," Kit said, "Then I can plan accordingly."

He looked at Kay. "Is this acceptable?"

godsibb

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 10:03:29 am »
"Ah..." She nodded quickly. "Please, do whatever you need to do!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »
Kit nodded back. "Very well then. I will start tomorrow."

He paused a moment before deciding to find a place to sleep in the city, maybe even start information gathering there. He began to head for her apartment door.

godsibb

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »
"Okay!" As she watched him start to leave, a worrying suddenly thought came to her. Is he actually planning on helping her?

"You'll come back for me... Right?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:27 pm »
Had he not had tampered and taken control of his emotions long ago, he would have burst out laughing. As it was, a tiny smirk blossomed on his face before he wiped it off again. He was immediately thankful for his scarf.

"You are only now thinking this?" He turned towards Kay. "Assuming the best of people is admirable, but in this situation, it may get you killed."

He turned back to the door and opened it. He lingered for a moment on the threshold before closing the door and speaking again, hand still on the handle.

"I will return in the morning. Do not act differently from before. I hope to have good news."

godsibb

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 03:39:45 pm »
"...." Kay smiled slightly, her trust in him growing stronger and her good spirits returning.

"Yes, okay!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:01 pm »
Closing his eyes for a moment to keep himself from sighing at her blind optimism, Kit opened to door again.

"Good-bye then."

He left Kay's apartment, making sure to close the door, before heading off back the way he had come. He had noticed a few hotels on the way. He hoped to find one that wasn't too lavish or pricey. After that, hopefully, he could hit a few bars and talk some important information out of people.

As he walked, he thought of his newest acquaintance. She certainly was an odd one, but he hardly expected any different here. Perhaps that's simply to be expected from a planet full of psychics. At least he got lucky and ran into one that seemed reluctant to actually use her powers. Others would likely not be so considerate. Perhaps they did not believe it rude? Of course, that would also present problems when they were trying to leave. They wouldn't be able to think about what it was they were doing. Realizing where his thoughts had gone, he started reciting the lyrics to an old tune he knew. Did citizens and visitors deal with this every day?

Kit was starting to rethink starting business here at all.

godsibb

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »
She watched as he left, staring at the door for a few seconds after he closed it. Kay wasn’t sure what to think of him; on one hand, he seemed ready and willing to help her, even after she smashed into him and forcefully dragged him to her apartment without warning. On the other, however, he seemed very secretive and... Emotionless? Or at least extremely reluctant to show what he was feeling. Shaking her head, Kay chose to wait until they escaped to think about this, even though her insatiable curiosity was driving her insane. She definitely would have to inquire about him and his past later.

Snapping out of her small stupor, she remembered that Kit said he would be back in the morning, hopefully with a way to sneak her out. Not sure what time he would be back, she walked toward her room, deciding to pack a few things and go to bed early.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »
Kit walked at a pace that was much faster than necessary to get where he was going. He absolutely refused to try another hotel. After trying, and failing, to find one that wasn't overrun with drug addicts and one-night-stand couples, he was giving up. He refused to stay in a hotel where that sort of crap had been going on. He gave a slight shiver as he remembered the lustful stares he had gotten from many of the occupants.

Finally, he arrived at the small store selling flowers that he had noticed before. He bought a small bouquet of anthurium flowers. They were red leaf-shaped flowers with a delicate yellow stigma in the center.

He walked with slow steps back towards the one place he might be able to stand sleeping.

'Well, if I'm allowed to stay,' he thought.

Kit eventually reached his final destination, resolving to sleep on his ship if this didn't go as planned. He pulled his scarf over his mouth nervously and knocked at the door. Hopefully, Kay would let him back in.

godsibb

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 06:23:03 pm »
Kay peeked down the hall from her room, hearing a knock.

Who...?

Wondering who in the world could be at her door at this time, a shot of fear pierced through her heart. Did someone find out what her and Kit were planning? She quietly ran to the front door, cautiously looking though the peephole.

“Ah? Kit?” A wave of relief washing over her, Kay opened the door, smiling brightly at her unexpected guest. “What’s wrong? Are we gonna go already?!”

She was in the middle of getting ready for bed, so, understandably, she was in sleepwear. However, all she wore were a simple pair of panties (with cute little frogs printed all over them) and a small, white t-shirt that left little to the imagination.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
Suddenly, Kit was even happier that he had pulled his scarf higher on his face. He was certain that the heat traveling across his cheeks would color them a wonderful shade of red similar to his hair.

Determinedly not looking anywhere he deemed 'inappropriate' on Kay, he held out the flowers.

"We are not," he said, answering her last question, "It seems that trying to find a hotel suited to my needs would take more time than I have, if it is even a possible venture to begin with."

Here he paused, trying to get the next words out. His voice was deeper than usual, due to his embarrassment. His subconscious must be trying to make him unheard. Why, oh why, was Kay in such revealing clothing? ...Right, he was intruding on her sleep.

"Would it be tolerable if I spent the night here? I realize you may not have an extra bed, but blankets and a couch would be welcome."

godsibb

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »
Kay took the flowers, not noticing Kit's discomfort. A slightly puzzled, yet happy look replaced her cheerful smile. They had a nice red color and cute shape, and she enjoyed looking at them.

"Oh! Thank you very much!" Briefly wondering why he bought her flowers, and eventually concluding that it was a wanderer thing, she skipped over to her kitchen area, pulled out a thin glass container (she didn't have any vases) and put the pretty flowers in it. Perfect! She looked up at him as he explained that, no, they weren’t leaving yet, her face falling slightly.

"..."

Her expression quickly went blank, though, when he asked to spend the night, sharp green eyes blinking up at him. Wait, first flowers, and now he wanted to spend the night? Either he came from a place where doing stuff like this was a normal way to greet people, or he was hitting on her.

....eh, it didn’t really matter either way. Just some more things she could ask him later. Besides, having guests over is fun!

"Of course you can spend the night." Her smile quickly returning to her face, she bounced over to him, excited to help him in any way she could. "You don't have to sleep on the couch, though! My bed’s big enough for two people." She gave him a short nod, positive that this was the best sleeping arrangement that would allow them both to be comfortable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal