Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What You Want [godsibb]  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Flakeblood

What You Want [godsibb]
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »
Kit was wandering about an area full of shops and, consequently, shoppers. It was brightly colored and gaudy, both from the shop signs and the people moving about. He was currently trying to gauge the usual activities of the citizens of Aedolis and determine if it would be profitable to start picking up jobs from the area. Of course, most of these people looked pretty well-off, if not a little drunk or high on drugs here and there. Most people also seemed to appreciate material things, as he had been warned by other wanderers like himself. Still, all the better for business, if that were the case. Doubtless these people would be interested in things that they seldom saw.

But what might those things be? Better to ask a citizen themselves. They would be more likely to know exactly what it was they wanted to see more of. Officials who kept track of goods could only give him estimates based on what everyone bought.

Still, everyone appeared busy. Well, either that or they leered at him like a piece of meat. For not the first time, he cursed the law that didn't allow him to carry his pistol with him. How were visitors usually expected to protect themselves? Especially with psychics that were probably lurking about... He tugged his white scarf a bit higher up, covering his mouth. Regardless, he continued to look casually over the people he saw and tried to keep his thoughts contained. Maybe he'd get lucky and find someone who'd listen to him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

Re: What You Want [godsibb]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »
Kay was staring intently at the ground, walking through a section of the city she assumed was full of shops. She rarely came out to shop and didn’t know the area too well, so it would probably be a good idea to watch where she was going; however, concentrating on holding back her telepathy left little room in her mind to actually use her common sense. As she continued watching the ground, she would occasionally taking wrong turns and bump into walls, mumbling to herself quietly as it happened.

“Owwy... That...wasn’t there before... Ow... Ouch...”

After several minutes of this, Kay finally managed to round a corner, successfully avoiding the wall... And colliding smack-dab into someone. Though, instead of immediately backing away while apologizing profusely, much like what a normal girl would probably do, she buried her face into the person, sighing softly.

“Ah... This wall is soft...”

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 05:55:27 pm »
After a bit more wandering, he came upon an intersection of some sort. He sighed, thinking that finding someone to stop and talk to was looking more difficult than originally anticipated. He decided to turn and continue looking for a bit more before giving it up as a bad job.

Just before actually completing the turn he collided with another person. He kept his balance easily--due to his training reflex--and went to apologize to whomever he bumped into. Except...

'Wait, they're holding me?' he thought as he looked down slightly.

His first reflex would have been to push the girl away, especially given what planet he was currently on. He wasn't looking for some floozie to hang all over him during his business trip. However, what the girl said next stopped him.

"Ah... This wall is soft..."

Kit widened his eyes in surprise, something that he didn't normally do. Was she delusional? That happened when one took drugs, but he wasn't entirely sure that was the case. At least they weren't holding onto him on purpose. He pulled his expression back into neutrality before addressing the girl.

"That may be because I am not a wall."
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 06:00:11 pm »
It took a few seconds for his words to sink in. Wait, did the wall just talk?! No... That’s not right. She’s pretty sure it just said it wasn’t a wall. So... Hmm. Urgh, it’s so hard for her to think when she’s trying to not be telepathic. It’ll easier if she just saw what it was for herself.

Stepping back, Kay rubbed her forehead, a headache slowly starting to form. She blinked slowly and looked up, finally realizing that what she bumped into was, indeed, not a wall.

“....ooooh... Oh! Ooooh, I’m sorry...! I thought you were a wall!” She had on an expression of genuine surprise, honestly shocked that what she bumped into turned out to be a human.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:05:35 pm »
The girl stepped back before looking at him. She seemed surprised to find herself looking at a human as opposed to a wall, but she didn't appear to be drunk or anything similar; her eyes were clear enough and her speech was not erratic. Perhaps she was only tired.

Kit simply nodded off her apology. Now that she wasn't directly against him, he could see her more clearly. She appeared to be only a few inches shorter than he was, and short black hair framed her mocha face and green eyes. Her clothes weren't anything too garish or revealing, something Kit was grateful for.

He looked directly into her eyes for a few seconds before realizing that perhaps an opportunity had literally just run into him.

"Do you happen to shop here often?" he asked calmly, "I would be grateful for your opinions on certain commodities."

godsibb

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:35 pm »
Kay blinked up at him dumbly, only half listening. Her headache was getting worse; she should probably get home as soon as possible, though she felt obligated to help this man before leaving, half because she practically knocked him over, and half because something seemed...different about him. Even though she didn't really catch all of what he said, Kay was at least able to pick out a few words.

"My opinion... Eh? Why?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »
"Yes. I'm asking for business purposes, and because I don't know this area well yet."

She looked a little dazed as he spoke. He hadn't hit her that hard, had he? She hadn't even fallen over. Perhaps she was quite tired after all. Or it was something else. Was that sweat on her brow?

'Is she ill?' Kit wondered to himself.

"Do you happen to know what items are most popular now?" he continued regardless.

godsibb

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »
"I don't know this area well yet."

At those words, she suddenly became more focused, ignoring everything else he said. Wait a second... Does that mean...?

She peered up at him, her eyes big and full of curiosity, headache almost forgotten. "Hey... Um... Where are you from...?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:56 pm »
What was with this girl all of a sudden? Was she even listening to what he had been asking? At least this time she looked like she might be paying attention. He looked her directly in the eyes for a moment before answering in a monotone voice.

"I am Kit, a trader and wanderer. I don't really have a home, but I just came from the space station Cancer."

He paused, wondering if she knew about that station. She should, but Kit had heard that the government on Aedolis was very strict about how much information they allowed their citizens to have. How strict, he wasn't exactly sure.

"You have heard of this station before, correct?"

godsibb

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »
Kay gasped loudly, a huge smile spreading across her face. Finally, someone who could help her...!

"Hey, can- Eep!" She quickly closed her eyes, holding her head. That was a close one; she had almost lost control of her telepathy. Opening her eyes, she looked around nervously, wary of the security cameras that may be in the area. She had to get somewhere safe, where she could talk to this wanderer in private.

“Come with me!” Still ignoring his questions, Kay grabbed his hand and walked off quickly, her tail swishing excitedly.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »
Kit simply watched as she smiled and started speaking before she cut herself off to touch her head.

'Fantastic. Does she read minds?'

He really didn't feel like having his thoughts exposed. Before he could politely, or not so politely, excuse himself, the girl grabbed his arm and began dragging him off. He let out an indignant and surprised huff. She hadn't even asked, but simply demanded. Being dragged off by a possibly psychic girl was not on Kit's to-do list. Especially one that--

'She has a tail,'
he realized suddenly.

He was transfixed by this discovery for a bit, watching as it swung back and forth and twitched, creating little rhythms. He closed his eyes to clear his mind before looking at what he could see of the girl's head. She was dragging him along, so he couldn't see much, but she still seemed pretty determined. Kit decided to nip this in the bud, just in case.

"I am not interested in sexual relations with you," he stated, "I only wished to ask a few questions."

'Actually, if she was reading my mind, she'd know that. So perhaps she wasn't.'

Kit pondered this a bit more as he continued to let himself be maneuvered through the crowd.

godsibb

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 07:03:45 pm »
Too busy concentrating on trying to get out of the crowds and back home, Kay didn't hear a word the wanderer said. (What did he sat his name was? Chet? Mitt?) Walking quickly, she sped around corners and dodged around people, suddenly seeming much more focused than before.

In what seemed like almost no time, they reached her apartment. She quickly unlocked the door and threw it open, practically dragging him in over the threshold. It was a simple little apartment, with a kitchenette to the right, a small living area straight ahead, and a hallway going toward the back of the apartment that led to the bedroom and bathroom. Only giving herself a few seconds to relax, she turned on him, bouncing excitedly, not giving him a chance to take all this in.

"Okay! Now let’s talk!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 07:11:23 pm »
Only a short time later, Kit found himself getting shoved into a small apartment suite. The girl had never really answered his statement, so he really hoped that it was because she wasn't planning anything like that. He didn't want a confrontation on his first day on the planet. Instead though, the girl turned to him and bounced before exclaiming that she wished to talk.

"..."

Kit stared at the excitable girl, trying to figure out her motives. So far, nothing. he really didn't know enough about the customs of Aedolis people or her personally. So, after letting the silence grow for a few more seconds, he settled for something simple.

"And we were unable to do this in the shopping district because...?"

godsibb

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »
Kay continued to bounce through the silence, eagerly waiting for him to tell her wondrous tales about his travels all through the never-ending inky blackness that is space. Instead, he asked her a question. She slowly stopped jumping and stared at him blankly for several moments until it clicked; in all her confusion and excitement, she pretty much kidnapped a man and no doubt weirded him out with her strange behavior and spazziness. She should probably explain what exactly was going on... Might as well start by answering his question. She mentally calmed herself, keeping her eagerness in check.

"Ah, um... Ahahaha..." Embarrassed laughter escaped her mouth as she clasped her hand together in front of herself, looking up at him sheepishly. "I, uh... I'm really sorry! My excitement got the better of me. I've always been interested in traveling, so when you said you were a wanderer... I wanted to know more about you! So that’s why I brought you here...'cause of the hidden cameras in the city." She bit her lip nervously. "I didn’t want to risk anyone finding out that I wanted to travel outside the country."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »
Kit let out a little surprised grunt at that information. Hidden cameras. Of course the government would have neglected to mention that while briefing him on the basics for visitors. He then glanced down at his left hand, where his new chip was inserted. The tiny scar was covered by his glove, but he knew it was there. He should have guessed that any country that gave out, no, forced citizens and visitors to have chips would also be paranoid enough to have cameras. And of course, he'd also assume that leaving was probably out of the question.

He crossed his arms loosely and looked back at the girl. She did seem rather flustered and excited at his presence. Her almost constant nervous energy was making him feel exhausted. Still, he needed answers, so he might as well ask.

"...I suppose that reason is sufficient. So, will you tell me your name?"

godsibb

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 07:43:08 pm »
Kay looked up the wanderer as he seemed to think briefly about something, actually getting a good look at his face for the first time. He was pale, and had blue eyes and red hair. She peered curiously at the chunk of hair that covered his right eye, wondering why he wore it like that. Wouldn't it be harder to see if one of his eyes were covered? Was his actually missing an eye, and hiding it with his hair? How did he lose it? Was he in an epic space battle w-?

She blinked as he started to talk. Oh, he wanted to know her name. Reasonable request.

"My name's Cotreanah Lilliput. But you can call me Kay!" She smiled up at him, eager for them to get to know each other. "What did you say your name was again?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »
So damn chipper. Was she simply used to dragging people about when she was interested in them?

'The only other person I know that is so happy about doing odd things is my brother,' he thought to himself.

She did at least answer his question though. He might as well extend the same courtesy.

"Kit Fionn Roux," he replied. He thought for a moment more before asking another question. "You said you wanted to leave."

Actually, that ended up sounding more like a statement, but it wasn't unusual for him, so he left it at that.

godsibb

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »
Kit? Okay, that would be easy to remember. She nodded at his...not question, lowering her voice slightly.

"Mhm. Ah...well, since you're actually allowed to leave, what I really wanted to ask you is... Will you take me with you?" Kay looked down, a hint of desperation in her voice. "I don’t have much money left, but... I'll do whatever you want! I...I need to leave this place as soon as possible..." She wringed her hands nervously, mentally preparing herself for what he would say. Whatever it took to leave, she'd do it.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 08:06:09 pm »
Cotreanah--or Kay, he supposed--suddenly looked serious. She really was planning on leaving everything behind?

"Why?" he asked, though not harshly.

He was honestly curious as to why she wished to leave. Most citizens of her caste, middle-class he assumed, were content; those that weren't joined the military or became idols. At least, that was what he'd heard.

godsibb

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 08:17:31 pm »
Kay's tail twitched apprehensively. Should she really tell this stranger, someone she just met, the true reason why she wanted to leave? She looked up at Kit slowly, staring into his eyes, searching for proof that she could trust him.

"....I'm...psychic. Here, all psychics are forced into the Pilot Candidate Program. I've...heard things about it, and it scares me. I'm afraid if I stay any longer, they'll find me and..." Swallowing thickly, her eyes grew bigger, pleading with him. "Will you help me? Please?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal