Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Experiments? On me?! Good luck. [Zozee9]  (Read 6092 times)

Zane

Re: Experiments? On me?! Good luck. [Zozee9]
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »
Zane went down. Hard. He made a show of how bad it hurt, which actually wasn't that bad. Sure it was painful, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. He waited until Devicia was standing over him then he attacked.

Zane planted his hands on the ground and spun his body so he shot a sweeping kick at her, again causing her to topple. He finished the rotation then kicked off the ground, causing his feet to go high above his head. "Sorry doc" and Zane brought both heels down on Devicia's stomach. Hard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

zozee9

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 06:45:50 pm »
Another stomach wound, thought Devicia. Well, at least this one isn't nearly as bad. Though she coughed up a little blood before her internal organ repaired itself.

Deciding that it was a nice time to keep laying down, Devicia said, "You know, you're supposed to be using your magic. While electricity might have fun staying out of this fight, I know you know other magic. And I'd like to think I wasn't so weak that you don't need to use it." And it was her job to get him to use it. Plus, it wasn't anything that would kill her.

Zane

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »
Zane got up and placed his hand on her stomach then started releasing very small doses of electricity and heat simultaneously, it was meant to help sooth the organs he just crushed. "Sorry doc, but you did just kick me in the crotch. Kind of seems fair to me. But as to my needing magic in a fight, I have 5000 years fighting experience. It's not that you're not a good fighter, I've just seen everything that you could do." Zane felt bad. She was a good fighter.

zozee9

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2012, 07:49:47 am »
Laughing again, Devicia replied, "You're quite the honest one, aren't you? Don't worry, I knew you'd be stronger than me. Unless you spent five thousand years doing nothing, which, given your personality, I assumed would not be true."

Moving Zane's hand aside and sitting up, Devicia continued, "However, I would like to tell you that I have absolutely no idea why you were just putting electricity in me. It obviously wasn't for fighting and I'm already fully healed... Though I suppose you could keep doing it just for the scientists."

Zane

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2012, 11:43:16 am »
"Mainly it was for the lingering pain. As I am sure you felt, small doses of electricity can reduce pain. It was big in the twenty-first century for high risk surgery patients. it was called electro-therapy. It fell out of practice because pain pills were cheaper, but the therapy is non-addictive. With slightly higher doses there is a numbing effect. Anything above that and it starts getting painful"  Zane knew so much about the subject because during that time he had gotten a degree in the subject, that and many, many, many others. All of them were hanging up in the captain's quarters on the Daedalus.

"Well, we have fought and I don't feel right using magic against you because you've done nothing namely wrong to me. So what now doctor?"

zozee9

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »
Devicia decided not to mention the fact that she hadn't felt any pain for a while before he started putting electricity in her. Her regeneration skills were better than everyone she knew about, though she doubted they were the best. And although her ability was strong when she was born, Devicia had gathered that it had gotten stronger as she got older and got hurt more. And ever since she joined TRIM and had to fight almost everyday... well, she could heal herself pretty well.

Deciding to respond to the second part, Devicia asked, "How do you know I didn't do anything wrong? My life is a sketchy one and I'm sure you know, after five thousand years, that nobody is quite who they seem."

Zane

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2012, 08:40:47 pm »
"After five thousand, you tend to learn people very well. Like I know that when you got that stomach wound, it was a knife wound, higher speed then normally possible. It was probably a telekinetic thrust. The pain was like nothing you ever experienced before, very traumatic. How do I know this? Well when I applied pressure to your stomach with my knee, your abs tensed way more then a normal person's would. Before that when I took my stance, one of your hands moved in front of your stomach. All these small clues tell me about you. You didn't even have to say anything." Zane stood and went back to the chair. "Yesterday I was learning about you too. through most of the session you kept your voice light and cheery, yet strong and forceful when it needed to be. So you are either a kind person or a sociopath, but a sociopath wouldn't have let the fight end after taking a hit like the one you did."

Zane could read people better than most dragons. At one time he was a psychological profiler. he was right almost every time.

zozee9

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2012, 08:33:14 am »
Well that was pretty accurate, thought Devicia. With a laugh, she got up and decided to sit against the wall. Seemed like a pretty good place.

"I didn't end the fight. I temporarily suspended it." Devicia smiled. "It isn't my job to slaughter you or to get slaughtered—it's to measure your fighting level and for the people above us to measure your brain. I put you in some situations that would've caused you to have to think a little harder and even managed to get you to use some electricity... even in that one wasn't on purpose. Though your brain waves will change depending on how much electricity you use, the scientists should be happy. After all, I've got you to do things that, chances are, they wouldn't have been able to get you to do. Therefore my job is done."

Given Zane's attitude, Devicia wasn't even sure if she'd be able to get him to use any of his magic that day. And the fact that she did was purely luck. But luck was a good percentage of her job. So she didn't really care.

Zane

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2012, 08:54:38 am »
Zane stifled a laugh, "If you want to see true brain activity, get me to do something constructive, like playing a piano. Now that is something I'm good at." Zane briefly remembered the times he preformed in orchestral halls in the 22nd century, he missed the thunderous applause that followed every song.

Zane snapped back to reality, I need to stop living in the past. Turning to Devicia, "you have yet to answer my question, What next docter?"

zozee9

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:28 pm »
Piano? thought Devicia. Never seen a piano...

Shaking her head to clear her wandering thoughts, Devicia replied, "TRIM doesn't want to know how to create an army of piano players. That's not the top of their agenda. I want to figure out the limit of your magic. For instance, I know you can control electricity. I know you can use it without touching someone. But can you create a lightening bolt?" If he could, well, her problems just got bigger.

Zane

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2012, 03:46:12 pm »
"Yeah I can control electricity without touching, I'd say we are about seven feet apart. From this distance I can shut off your brain, but I would have to touch you to get it going again." Zane set his hands close together without letting them touch. "And yes I can generate bolts of electricity" he relaxed and let the power flow, bolts shot across his hand, "the more distance" he slowly started moving his hands apart, "The more power I have to use." His hands were parallel with his shoulders. He cut off the power. "If the conditions are right I can generate a lightning strike, but I really have to build up power."

"And don't get me started on fire."  building up power in his hand, he released it and a fire ignited above the palm of his hand, "As you can see I can generate fire."

zozee9

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »
Seeing Zane with all his magic really made Devicia feel like she should've taken the opportunity to attend advanced magic classes when TRIM offered. Maybe she'd start them now... after all, she didn't plan on dying yet. Though the fire probably wouldn't be a big deal—she had her fair share of fire mages.

"How about the rock thing you were talking about?" asked Devicia. "What exactly can you do with that?"

Zane

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2012, 12:56:23 pm »
"I can make my skin iron hard and increase my muscle density making myself much much stronger." The power gravitated to his skin, finding refuge in muscle and soft tissue. As Zane felt his skin solidify he held out his hand to Devicia, "go on, feel for yourself."

zozee9

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2013, 07:23:54 am »
Devicia complied and touched his hand. It wasn't as if she was expecting him to be lying. But she did want to know exactly how hard it was. Unfortunately, it was pretty hard. If she got hit when he was like that, it would hurt. Luckily, it would still heal. But the initial pain would be bad. She decided that taking those magic classes would be a perfect idea.

"I wish they'd just let me dodge..." she muttered, not looking forward to their future fight. "But no, they also have to see what will happen to my body if I get hit."

In some ways, that made sense. If he electrocuted her, they'd want to see where it went and how it flowed. In other ways, it did not. Her body would most likely react differently than a normal body. In the end, she knew it was mostly because they wanted to figure out her body as well. If they could imitate what her cells did, then they might be able to create other people with her regenerative abilities.

Zane

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 05:26:42 am »
Zane looked at the doctor, his eyes had long since lost their light, their joy for life. Now they were cold, and calculating, unreadable. "It wouldn't be hard at all to kill you. With my skin and muscles reenforced like they are, all I'd have to do is grab your neck and squeeze. Breaking a neck would be a painless way to go. A quick pain, a snap, then nothing. You'd get to know darkness. Maybe even an afterlife." He turned from her, letting the magic subside. It wasn't like he cherished in killing, far from it. He was just a being that was abandoned by his own time, undying. Some say that there is solace in death, Zane wouldn't know of this.

zozee9

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »
Devicia was slightly shocked at his words. She heard things like this fairly often, but wasn't expecting it to come out of Zane. Well, he had said some strange things already.

Quickly recomposing herself, Devicia responded, "You could. But where would the good in that be? I would be dead, you'd get some other scientist, and, well, I think we both know that wouldn't be good for either of us." If she was gone, she couldn't help him escape.

Zane

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2013, 11:58:26 am »
What was Zane thinking? Trying to scare someone like that? It wasn't like he could afford many enemies in this place, or perhaps it were the other way around. A friend would give a visible niche in his armor. A friend can be manipulated against you; a friend can put you in harm’s way. Or likewise you can be used as bait to draw out a friend. Zane had seen it all many times before. Many times he was the hunter.
“What would be the good in it” Zane repeated, more affirming it in his own head then actually answering the question. “None” he smiled and looked to back to Devicia, “I can only assume our session is almost up, seeing as we have been in here for close to two hours, how about some good old QnA while we wait for them to in and come take me away, I don’t feel much like fighting anymore today. I’ll Start, What are some of your interests? Besides trying to help the helpless.”

zozee9

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »
Devicia paused as she pondered his question. She had nothing against talking—she preferred it, in fact. And the scientists couldn't get mad at her. She already gave them some valuable information.

"I don't know," she finally answered, telling the truth. "Helping people is what I've done most my life. It's all I've had time for. How about you, seeing as your life has been much longer than mine?" Devicia smiled kindly, though she was wondering if having such a long life would be good. You'd have to watch so many people die... but at least you'd have more time to help those that are living at the time.

Zane

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:45 am »
A half smile crept across Zane's lips, "When you have lived as long as I, everything will be interesting at least once. At first there was my family, that was a long time ago, nearly five thousand year." his mind flashed back to that forest, the huntress, that horrible winter, hunting and killing those bandits. That was the start of his family, his would-be wife was only about fourteen then, but that was pretty normal at the time. "For three centuries I watched over my family, at first as the head of the family. But as time went on I watched from a distance, because most didn't understand the reality of a life undying. After three centuries, my bloodline died out, thanks to a war. So for the next sixty years I just wandered, as I had been doing before I came to have a family. During that time I treked the globe four times, A grand feat for the transportation limitations of the time. After that, my interests were music and art, the world went through somewhat of Renaissance, if you look hard enough, you might find records somewhere famous paintings and compositions by a Sir Zane Kerim. After that it was knowledge, I began to learn everything I could about everything. The walls of my room on my ship is just covered wall to wall in doctorate degrees. By the end of that time, I was about 2500 years old, and the world was at war with itself. Natural resources were becoming a rarity. Waterlevels world wide were dropping, oil resevoirs were drying up. Natual metals were gone. The world was dying."

He paused for a moment, stopping for the effect. "Tell my doctor, how does it make you feel that your own race is responsible for the death of the planet and the genocide of spirits. Earth used to be populated by various races of beings, and not like you humans seporate into races. I'm talking about an plethora of humanoid species that were wiped out by humans. We are judged by not our own sins but by those of our forefathers."

zozee9

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2013, 07:18:19 am »
Devicia listened, intrigued, as Zane spoke. It seemed like one of the first times that she got a longer, more honest answer from him. And the answer wasn't at all what she was expecting. But why not? Surely someone who lived that long must have witnessed a lot.

"I would do anything to fix my ancestors sins, but that's not what I'm focusing on," she responded, choosing her words carefully. She wanted to speak the truth, but hadn't thought much on the topic before. "Instead, I spend my time and energy trying to fix our current sins. It isn't good to get too wrapped up in the past and ignore the present."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal