Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Even offstage, the party carries on. [Scorpio]  (Read 1082 times)

Pancake

Even offstage, the party carries on. [Scorpio]
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »
She held a small cup in hand, simply an especially good alcoholic drink.
Being in a popular band with a bunch of popular guys usually led to lots of partying, like now, and of course, Sophia didn't mind that by now. There had also been times she'd slept with her bandmates for one reason or another, or no reason at all, and she didn't mind that by now either. As long as nothing went into the romantic territory, and as long as nothing different than usual was expected of her, she was fine. If it ever had went into romantic territory, she hadn't noticed, because her bandmates had others to go to when needed. As did she. Nothing special existed between her and anyone else.

She wasn't entirely sure where the rest of her band had wandered off to, but it was likely they'd found some new people to talk to. For now, though, she'd just continue leaning on the wall and watching the rest of the party guests do their thing. As much as she'd become used to parties, too, she never felt relaxed at them. Not without drinking, anyway, which was usually what she gravitated to. After enough alcohol, parties became fun.

Instead of musing about how fast things had changed from when she was a kid, Sophia took another sip of her drink and put a soft smile on her face. Supposedly, smiling more makes people feel better. The warm feeling of alcohol made that task even easier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Even offstage, the party carries on. [Scorpio]
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »
Well, another party. He'd been to two already this evening. Not that he minded the music or the free food and drink scattered among large, expensive looking tables. Even though the atmosphere was vibrant, the beat pounding from the bass thrumming through the air, he didn't feel particularly content. Something about parties had always made him nervous. Perhaps it was the self-consciousness that came with him secretly being prudish. Perhaps it was the fact that he didn't really know many people there. One, to be exact, and that was distant.

Someone who had too much to drink wandered up to him, uttered a slurred greeting, and promptly threw up next to him in close proximity to his shoes. Lex stepped away with a grimace. Lovely. He walked away, waving the smelly air away from his face and found himself wandering about, not particularly sure what to do. Feeling strange for being by himself, he spied a girl leaning against the wall not too far away. He grabbed a drink, opting for the non-alcoholic variety after what he had just seen, and walked over to her casually. He'd seen her and her band on posters before, but had never talked to her in person.

"Hey. What's up." He sipped his drink quietly and gazed at her questioningly.

Pancake

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:28 pm »
"Not much over here. How about you?" she replied as soon as the question finished and she'd looked to see who it was.

Likewise, Sophia knew she recognized this guy as... Lex Black. Something like that. And not knowing for sure was due to memory failing, not because she'd had too much alcohol. For a girl her size, she held her liquor very well. Good thing, too, she could keep up with her bandmates in drinking games.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:09:58 pm »
Lex shrugged. "Not much here either. Guy over there almost puked on me." He waved his hand in the general direction of the man in question. "I'd say it's much better over here." He snorted.

Her name....S....S..... no, did it start with an R? No, and S. Probably. Possibly? He wasn't going to use her name anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Pancake

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »
"Yuck. I'm sorry."
Her face didn't express much other than a slight pity before she sipped at her drink again.

"That does happen at parties. I've gotten used to it."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:39 pm »
Lex shrugged, shifting from foot to foot. "It happens." He glanced backward, quickly, something catching his eye but not interesting enough to make him walk over to see it.

"Same. Lots of parties when you're famous, huh?"

Pancake

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »
"I'm in a band with a bunch of guys, too, so it's a requirement, really." She shrugged a bit, too. "Seems like you don't particularly care for them either, though. Am I wrong?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:07:37 pm »
Lex took a moment to reply, running his hand along the side of his spiked-up hair.

"Well...yeah, you're right. I'm not really into them that much. They get kinda tiring after a while, to be honest. Sometimes I'd rather just be playing my guitar, you know?" He chuckled nervously. "I mean, I sound kind of lame right now, but you know what I mean."

Pancake

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:37:16 am »
"Oh, I know what you mean. Too much partying does get boring, but usually the rest of them don't agree. Besides, someone has to tag along to make sure they don't get into any trouble." Another sip. "And I like drinking, anyway. It's calming and there are some really good baristas out there."

If it got to be too long before she saw any of them again, she might go look for them, but they weren't lightweights either. They would most likely be fine. And she was content just talking to someone equally disinterested in parties for a while, and there was no real need not to.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 07:15:32 am »
Lex felt better knowing that she didn't like them too much either. He sipped his drink. It wasn't too bad. A bit sour, maybe. He was plenty content with having something non-alcoholic for the moment. For now the only thing that alcohol reminded him of was vomit.

"True." He sighed. "I should probably not keep going solo. Sometime I should get myself a band, huh."

Pancake

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »
"You could have a band and a solo act both, you know. That's what I do," Sophia shrugged. "We get more freedom in the industry than normal for jobs, but at the same time, the record label is always aiming to extend the fanbase of their musicians. The fans would follow you if you joined or formed a band, I'd think."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »
Lex shrugged, tossing the idea around. "It's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind." He took a gulp of his drink. There was a short silence as he thought for a moment.

"So, how's life been, lately? Exciting? Boring?"

Pancake

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 05:08:26 pm »
"Kind of both," she replied, after a short pause. "Life doesn't exactly drag on, I have fun doing what I do. Working isn't really routine, either, which is nice. But somehow, I'm used to it, and I think you might understand that feeling."

Sophia didn't take another drink of hers yet. If she had someone to talk to there wasn't as much need to get that nice buzzed feeling.

"And yours?"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 06:00:07 pm »
Lex nodded. He hadn't been famous for all his life, though it was starting to seem like it. Eventually, all the gigs started blending together. Now that he thought about it more, it seemed like a good idea to get a band together some time. Maybe that would add some variety to his job.

"Same here, really. Trying to write a new song, but I can't think of good enough lyrics. You know, stuff like that." He took a sip of his drink.

Pancake

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »
"What's the song about? Or do you know yet?"

Blinking, she rested her head on the wall behind her while half-curiously looking at the other celeb. Never thought she'd be talking about something like songwriting at a party. Intelligent discussion here, of all places.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »
Lex glanced back at her, studying her while he spoke.

"I'm not really sure yet. Maybe I should write a song about songwriting." He shrugged. "I dunno."

Lex enjoyed writing his songs almost as much as playing them, though he always had trouble finding the right words.

Pancake

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »
"Well. If you want my advice, I'd say pick the opposite of something you're used to and write a song about it."

At least theoretically, trying new things leads to new experiences. Sometimes the 'new' thing would be the same. Or at least that was her opinion -- somewhat thoughtful and somewhat not so much.

And maybe he didn't want advice. Maybe he wanted to do it on his own. But he could say so if he felt that way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal