Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I always wanted to be a cowboy  (Read 3328 times)

Anonymous

Re: I always wanted to be a cowboy
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »
Christian went about setting up the camp. It took a bit for it to all come back, but he had spent enough time in the field that it wasn't too bad. Soon he even had a fire going, but he did use his pyrokinesis for that one.

He called over to where Gabe and the horse were, "Hey, cuz, you done yet?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »
"Uhh..."

Gabriel had managed to get the saddle unbuckled and set off to the side, but he hadn't touched the bridle and that was about as far as he got. "Um...it's...coming along?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 03:59:36 pm »
"It's been an hour. How long are you planning on taking? And have you fed it yet?" Christian didn't know a lot about horses, but he seemed to know more than Gabe. And he wasn't comfortable making Glue suffer.

"And did you wipe it down?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:28 pm »
That made Gabriel freeze. "Wipe it down?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »
That was the last straw. It wasn't funny anymore and Glue was standing there, sweaty and hungry because Gabe was a selfish tool. Christian stood and hurled a rock at Gabe, missing his cousin, "YOU LITTLE SHITSTAIN! Look at that horse! It's fucking covered in sweat, you haven't fucking fed it and it's still got half its tack on! Don't you fucking dare make that animal suffer because you are too fucking proud to listen!"

Gabe walking funny was awesome. Animal abuse wasn't. Christian was an asshole, not a sociopath.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »
Gabriel jolted when the rock came hurtling by, startled by Christian's sudden rage--

And feeling like an asshole in the face of it.

As he had quickly learned over the course of the day, handling a horse was not like handling a dragon--independent, sentient, able to take care of themselves and feed themselves and clean themselves. And he didn't have the slightest clue what a horse needed, didn't even know they needed to be wiped down after a ride.

He grimaced, looking to the horse and back. "I...I was trying to get the face thing off," he said, flushing with guilt.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 04:23:56 pm »
"Oh? So that makes it okay? That you were trying?" Christian marched over, though he kept his movements slow once he got close to the horse. He didn't have much experience, but he had seen it done a few times, "Glue is miserable and suffering, but you were trying so that's okay? If I had realized you were going to be this much of a shithead, I wouldn't have let you take the horse."

Stroking the horse's neck, he slipped the bridle off his ears and down his nose, "Now wipe him down and get him some food."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »
Gabriel had no good answer for that do he remained guiltily silent, painfully aware that this was yet another thing he hadn't thought through.

Pulling a blanket out of the saddlebags, Gabriel went about wiping the sweat from Storm's body. He at least knew enough about horses not to walk behind him, and Storm seemed to like it. The food thing, though...

He was cleaning Storm's face, petting his velvety nose, when he finally spoke up. "Uh...the guy that sold him to me said he'd eat the stuff along the trail. That he was used to it." So he'd bought some apples and oats to treat but hadn't really bought any feed; Storm couldn't have carried the amount he needed, anyway, and the guy had said he'd feed himself.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 11:56:19 pm »
"Then go take him to graze." Christian was still pissed and he headed back over to camp, muttering under his breath. He started food, using the camping supplies from the truck and soon had foil wrapped potato, cheese, veggie and bacon scrambles cooking.

Fucking brat! He always did that! Selfish little Gabe never thought past himself. How everyone fucking loved him was beyond Christian.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:57 am »
Gabriel was about to ask how he was supposed to take Storm to graze when his bridle had been removed, but he swallowed the words. He was too tired, too sore, and felt like too much of an asshat to want to deal with Christian's temper so instead he let him go. And in any case, Storm knew what he wanted and where to go and started to head off, nibbling at grass and shrubs.

And Gabriel was totally okay taking a seat under a tree (if sorely) and letting the horse do his business, giving Christian a wide berth. Normally, it wouldn't bother him; he tended to meet peoples' temper with his own. The problem was, Christian was right.

After a while, Storm seemed pretty done and had stopped grazing and started wandering, so Gabriel got a couple apples out of the saddlebags and lured the horse back to camp, where food and Christian were waiting. It was only when they'd entered the wing of light the fire cast that Gabriel gave Storm his apples.

"Oh, uh...smells good."

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:47 am »
"Still mad." Christian was stewing. He wasn't really pissed about Glue anymore, it had moved on to an old, festering wound. The fact that everyone loved Gabe, vied for his attention, he was the center of everything, yet he was a shithead.

He treated people like crap, and everyone just tried harder to be his friend. He didn't have the time of day for his fat little cousin. Oh no, he was too busy. It was bullshit and totally unfair.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 12:39:06 am »
"Storm's fine, now," Gabriel said, shifting awkwardly. "He ate."

Ugh. Christian was a lot of things, and a lot of things that disturbed and pissed Gabriel off (for the guy pushed almost every one of his buttons and he was trying hard not to think about Finaa and Shiloh), but despite all of it he was still family and he still cared about him. And, as with anyone you cared about (even if you didn't even get along), it also meant he cared about what he thought on some level. Which meant it bothered him that he was angry with him and he wasn't quite sure how to handle that.

He motioned toward Storm. "See? He's alright."

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 12:42:34 am »
Christian lifted his gaze from the fire, "That isn't the point! You are such a selfish little shithead! You never think about anyone else! Did it even occur to you that Glue is a living creature? That you had to take care of it? No. You just wanted to be the big, bad cowboy and not listen to anyone but yourself. As long as you get what you want, who cares who gets hurt along the way!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 01:04:39 am »
That was it. That was the push Gabriel needed to switch from startled to defensive to flat out offensive. He stiffened, straightening up.

"So what's that make you?!" he snapped. "You're worrying more about that horse than you ever have about anyone! So, what? It's okay to shove people around and treat them like shit?"

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 01:09:14 am »
"Why not? A person can stand up for themselves! Oh, what? Now you suddenly give two shits about people? All you have ever cared about is yourself!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 01:21:36 am »
"Fuck you!" Gabriel yelled, losing it at that comment. A person could stand up for themselves. He'd tried. He couldn't. He'd been too fucking weak and it was his fault and Christian was right and he hated that he was right, hated that reminder, hated the feelings those words dug up.

"Fuck you! No they fucking can't, you asshole!"

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:30 am »
"Yes they fucking can! They might not win, but they can try! That horse can't! But you never fucking care! And when do you give a shit if someone can't, huh? Where are you when that happens? Off being a self centered prick who knows better than everyone else! Look at Rachel!"

Christian hadn't meant for all this to explode up, but it was and he was yelling back, "You don't care about her! You never have! She just has to be your perfect little sister and you flip if she doesn't fit that mold! She's a candidate Gabe! And you wont even help her! You just scream at her that she's a slut!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 01:35:27 am »
"I'm trying to fucking protect her from people like you!" Gabriel yelled back. "I fucking know what happens! I don't want that happening to her so fuck off and don't tell me what the fuck I care about! You don't know shit!"

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 01:36:29 am »
"Protect her? How!? You don't ever listen to her! You just charge in and scream at people and make her a giant target!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 01:43:22 am »
"Because she doesn't know! She knows there's bullies but she doesn't get it, it's not like fucking high school! She's hanging with a fucking sociopath, Christian! A diagnosed sociopath! She thinks everything's all goodness and that bad things happen to bad people and I don't want her having the reality check I--" He cut off. "I don't want her hurt, alright?"

Gabriel took a deep breath. "She leaves herself wide open and fuck! How can you not see that? Oh! Right! 'Cause you're the bully!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal