Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Y halo thar. [Tally!]  (Read 8282 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Y halo thar. [Tally!]
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 12:24:12 am »
"What?" Gabriel's eyebrows climbed and a chill went through him. He didn't know much about Roman and Aydan's shared past, if there even was one, but that...?

He shook his head. "I don't care. Stay away."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 12:30:37 am »
Aydan grinned.  He was about to say something foolhardy and baiting, but the elevator lurched and suddenly they had greater concerns than each other.  Like finally getting out of here.  Much fun as this was, Aydan did have things to do.

The elevator descended, stopped, and the doors opened to a couple of technicians.  And Roman.  He stood waiting with two glasses of some clearly alcoholic beverage that Aydan couldn't identify from sight alone.

He held one out to Gabriel.  "One's for you, because you had to spend two hours trapped in an elevator with my father.  And one's for me, because I had to come down here and look at him."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 12:41:23 am »
Gabriel didn't miss a beat. As soon as those doors opened, he was out of there, real relief crashing over him. Finally. And to find Roman there waiting for him after all that? That almost made up for the whole miserable experience. Almost.

"About freakin' time!" he said, and didn't bother to ask what the drink was. He readily accepted it, downed it in one gulp (and had a rather undignified choking fit after because it was stronger than he expected and burned, but dang if he didn't need it!), and then hooked his arm in Roman's and turned them both around and away from Aydan and the elevator.

"I am so ready to be gone."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 12:47:55 am »
Roman paused.  Aydan was collecting his briefcase and leaving the elevator.  Roman held up a finger to Gabriel in a wait one minute gesture and wandered over.

Aydan found Roman in his path.  He tried to step out of the elevator, but Roman stopped him with a hand on his chest and pushed him back in.

"Roman."  The real anger in Aydan's eyes would boost Roman's spirits for days to come.

"This is for..."  Roman shrugged.  "...for whatever you said while you were in there.  Whatever it was, I'm sure you deserve this."

He turned the technician's key to close the doors, then yanked it out of its socket and tossed it to one of the repairmen.  To Aydan's credit, there was no frantic pounding on the doors or yelling.  "Let him stay in there for another couple hours, then let him out."

Now he rejoined Gabriel and slung and arm over his shoulders.  "So.  Where shall we go?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:49 am »
Reluctantly, Gabriel waited, turning to see what Roman was up to.

...It was so worth the wait.

That was probably one of the hottest things he'd ever seen Roman do, in fact, and the only thing that would have completed it was pressing all the buttons before the doors closed. But he was not gonna be picky here and he hoped the dickweed's bladder burst in there!

All in all, it was a fitting end to the whole ordeal and, now that it was over, he could finally start to relax.

Gabriel leaned into Roman and slipped an arm around his waist, not caring how that looked right now, or what they were or weren't to each other, or any of those other confusing thoughts. He was just glad to be out of there and with him--and ashamed that he'd actually let all that other shit get under his skin.

And he couldn't tell Roman about any of it. It was too creepy. Too weird. Too embarrassing. He didn't want to stress him out or upset him. It was best to just let it roll of his back, or try, even though some things had hit a little too close to home and knotted his innards into a ball of anxiety. Another drink might help with that. Because what was he going to tell him? Oh yeah, so your dad asked about Temple, made creepy comments about you, asked if we were banging, and offered to have sex with me?

Another pang of shame. He pushed it away and shrugged at Roman's question.

"Uh, I dunno. Anywhere. Away from here. Heck, you got anymore of this?" he asked, holding up his empty glass. "By the way, back there? What you just did? That was freakin' epic and you should do more of it. Seriously. Thanks for that."

Offline Tally

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »
"It was only justice."  He wasn't going to ask what had gone on in that elevator.  Didn't need to, and he didn't want specifics anyway.  Anyone who suffered that long a time trapped in a small space with his father deserved a drink and more.

He didn't even mind getting this physical in public.  So long as they were both out of uniform and off duty, they could do what they wanted, and it felt so easy with Gabriel.  It felt like they should have been acting this way all along.

"I know just the place.  I'll get you good and drunk and distracted for the rest of the day."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »
Gabriel held up a hand, the hand still clutching the empty glass. "Shhh, baby. Don't go all modest. Lemme enjoy the 'rawr' factor a little longer, alright?"

Already he was relaxing, the further away they got--but the drink probably had something to do with that, too. He didn't drink often, and so didn't have to drink much in order to get something out of it. One drink was enough to calm him, another was enough to get a buzz, and past that? Varying degrees of drunk, drunker, and 'puking my guts out'.

...He'd stop before he got to the final state. He didn't want to make a total wreck of himself. He kind of wanted to be able to enjoy the rest of the day--and this. Roman didn't seem to mind the extra contact, and Gabriel didn't feel shy about maintaining it; it just...felt natural. Normal. And not all that radically different--in a good way.

He wanted to ride this out while he could.

"Heh, you know what you're getting yourself into here, right?" he said. "I make no guarantees that I'm gonna be able to walk outta that place and I can't promise I won't mortify you in some fashion."

Offline Tally

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 07:14:31 pm »
Roman led the way down a skyway with an extended view of the city on either side.  At the end of it sprawled a lounge, their destination.  Expensive, but unpretentious.  A combination that Roman actively sought and could rarely find.

"Gabriel.  If I had to avoid you every time you might embarrass me in public, we would spend no time together.  It's a known risk."

He passed off their glasses to a server and chose a couple of cushioned chairs flanking a low table.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »
That got a laugh out of him as he took a seat at the table and flipped open the drink menu.

"Oh! Oh! I got this!" He cleared his throat and deepened his voice. "'Gabriel, you are amazing and totally worth every risk. For you, there is nothing I wouldn't give! For just one hour by your side, I would sacrifice the reputation you'll destroy in the selfsame amount!' Accurate?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 01:10:30 pm »
"Amazing," Roman said, his voice desert-dry.  "It's like I'm watching a video of myself."

He tapped one of the drinks on Gabriel's menu.  "That's what I got us before."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »
"Spiffy! I'll take another one! You, too!" Gabriel said, and waved down the waitress, ordering them both drinks. "Heeey. Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen you drunk before."

Offline Tally

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
Roman rolled his eyes.  "Because by the time I get drunk, you're already passed out and drooling."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »
"...Point."

The waitress had just returned to drop off their drinks by the time Roman's words fully sank in. "Wait, I do not drool!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »
Roman took a dainty sip.  "Like a fountain."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »
Gabriel took a long gulp of his drink and shot Roman a mock dirty look. Already he'd gotten a nice buzz going, alcohol going right through him. "A fountain, huh? Just for that, I'mma leave a big ol' wet spot all over your bed."

Offline Tally

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »
Something inappropriate ran through Roman's mind, so unusual because it was Gabriel.  He laughed to himself and shook his head.

"Go easy on those. I don't want to carry you out of here."  This was, in fact, Roman's third drink, and he'd only barely begun to feel it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2012, 09:43:21 pm »
Gabriel waved off Roman's concerns. "Pffft, I got this. It's cool." He finished it off and set it aside. "'Sides, I warned you. I got like two hours of creepy douchewaffle to drink away right now. I swear to freakin' gods, Roman, next time I see him, I'm gonna punch his teeth out to make up for not doing it this time."

He ordered another drink, paused abruptly, and tilted his head, staring at Roman's face for a second as though seeing it for the first time. "...Did I ever tell you you've got cool eyes?" he said, squinting. "They're like...Dark Elf eyes. But less glowy."

Offline Tally

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 03:22:43 am »
Roman could understand that.  He liked to start drinking early whenever he knew he'd have to spend time with his father.

"Just make sure I'm there to see it."  Gabriel started staring at him then, and Roman stared right back.  Something was going on in that drunk brain of his.  He could practically see the gears turning in Gabriel's head.

"Thanks.  That's so...sweet?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:08 am »
"No, you. You're sweet," Gabriel said with a smile, still staring into Roman's eyes. He leaned his arms on the table as though to get a better look. "In your own crabby as heck way, even when ya like...act like you can't stand me half the time 'cause I'm weird and ruin your life. Y'know, doing this for me, fishing me outta that box, getting me drunk, locking asshole away. You're too awesome. For cereal. Like, I don't even know, Romance. But I just..."

His eyes dropped to Roman's lips and then back up to meet his eyes. "Can I kiss you?" he said, and in his current state forgot that little thing called 'volume control'. "I really wanna just kiss you."

It had been on his mind a lot in truth, ever since their awkward confessions and the disasters and confusion that followed around it. He thought about it whenever they were close, went through a million different exercises and scenarios in his mind on how to broach that subject and how to gain the courage to just up and do it--but then he'd backed down because he was a damned chicken and still wasn't really sure where they stood. Leave it to alcohol to weaken his filter.

Offline Tally

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2012, 01:17:50 am »
Yep, Gabriel was drunk.  He had even less of a filter than usual, but Roman just couldn't bring himself to care a whole lot what Gabriel might do to embarrass him.  That he would embarrass him wasn't much up for debate—this was their status quo, after all—but it was different now.  Like what mattered was the two of them here together and what anyone else thought was irrelevant.

Roman leaned in to match Gabriel, partly humoring him, and partly genuinely happy to hear Gabriel saying these things.  Only partly, though.  The alcohol was saying some of them.

That last question though, that one gave him pause.  A kiss hadn't done that to him in...gods, had he ever gotten fluttery over a kiss?  Maybe not.

"Yeah," he said.  "Yeah, you can kiss me."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal