Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Y halo thar. [Tally!]  (Read 8285 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Y halo thar. [Tally!]
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »
Gabriel didn't take his eyes off Aydan until the cigarettes were out of sight. Then he sighed and let his head thump back against the wall.

"Anyway, you were saying? Beside yourself with grief and all that?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »
"You were too, weren't you?"

He would have known that much just from their brief encounter at the hospital, even if he didn't spend an inordinate amount of time watching Gabriel through the mirrors.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 05:15:55 pm »
Gabriel lifted his head and gave Aydan an odd look. "What kinda question is that?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »
"I apologize, I didn't mean to be indirect.  What I mean to say is, are you fucking my son?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »
"WHAT? No!" Gabriel jerked in alarm and heat flooded his face, and if he had wanted to be anywhere but here before, he meant it; he'd take the Axis Point over having this conversation with him. He avoided looking at Aydan, shifting uncomfortably and glancing at the doors as though hoping they'd magically open.

"What the fuck? No. We're  just--we're friends, we--do people have to be sleeping together to care that they got shot? Gods, you're messed up!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 12:06:02 am »
"I like to think I maintain a healthy interest in my son's personal life."

Funny.  Here was a Pilot, a man who could crush the life out of Aydan's body with only the power of his mind and who had the connections to escape the consequences of such a murder.  But ask the right question, use the right words, and he couldn't even look Aydan in the eye.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:32 pm »
"Uhhh, his sex life? Man, you've got some fucked up priorities."

Offline Tally

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »
"I'd rather talk about yours than his."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
"The FUCK?" Gabriel jerked to his feet and then froze when he realized there wasn't exactly anywhere to retreat to, because this was the part where he'd normally just disengage and leave. That wasn't an option now, though, so instead he began to pace.

"Ahaha. Yeah, no. We're not having this conversation. There's nothing to discuss."

Offline Tally

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »
"I could change that for you."

He hadn't moved from his stance at the wall, leaning back with his hands on the railing.  The more agitated Tierney got, the more conversational and casual Aydan became.  He was like Roman in that way.  He was at his most calm when others were losing theirs.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:09 pm »
Gabriel whirled to face Aydan then, hands clenched into fists. "No, now back the fuck off!"

He wasn't worried. Not really. The rational part of his brain knew the guy wouldn't dare and that if he did, he'd break him. But even with that knowledge firmly in mind, the topic brought up weird feelings, uncomfortable ones he tried to avoid, ones that brought him back to that powerless place and made him want to just get away. And this was Roman's freakin' dad, what the hell?

"The fuck is wrong with you?! Oh! And for the record, I don't do creepy fucktards! In case you were wondering, I don't do anyone! Now shut the hell up!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:02 am »
Aydan waited until the tirade was finished then held up a hand, conciliatory.  He'd found the line, but he had no intention of crossing it.  Drive Tierney to turn this physical and he would lose all the power he'd built.

"I apologize.  I thought honesty to be best."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:47:47 am by Tally »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:57 am »
"Honesty?" Gabriel stared at Aydan, mouth slightly open, and for a second didn't know how to respond to that. "Do you even hear yourself?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »
Aydan nodded.  "Honesty.  I consider it one of my preeminent virtues."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:56 am »
"Your virtue is expressing creepy-ass, inappropriate thoughts?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 11:26:28 pm »
Aydan just couldn't stop his smile.  He ought to have better control over himself than that, but Tierney just tickled him.  "When you say it that way it doesn't sound as nice."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:09 pm »
Gabriel matched Aydan's smile with a glare. He didn't see what was so funny about any of this. "Yeah, well, do us both a favor and keep your virtues to yourself, 'cause I don't wanna know what the others are."

He crossed his arms over his chest and let out a sigh, trying to force himself to relax, though it wasn't working. "How is it I keep running into you." It was less a question and more an accusation.

Offline Tally

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »
Aydan cleared his throat to keep from saying what he wanted to say.  Something about how he desperately wanted to fuck Tierney so he kept finding ways to run into him.  It wasn't even true, at least not the stalking part.  He was here for the same reason Tierney was—circumstance.

As those words might well have gotten him killed, he only shrugged instead.  "Our good luck, I suppose."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 12:10:25 am »
"Luck. Right."

Gabriel started to pace again, keeping firmly to his side of the elevator and trying not to think about the creepy-ass (and callous) things Aydan had spouted or the tight space. Plenty of air was being pumped into the room; it was pure irrationality that made him uncomfortable here, made him feel trapped and unable to breathe. He fought back the anxiety and kept his breathing slow, natural, and tried to keep his mind away from the too-close walls and lack of windows. Aydan had to be trolling. That had to be his M.O. Because he couldn't be serious. He just showed up and assholed at people because he could.

Didn't make the situation any less uncomfortable, though. That wasn't shit you joked about. And his interest in Roman, his interest in him...

"The crew has arrived. They're working on it now, so it shouldn't be much longer," Siren's voice announced, making Gabriel jump. Ah, thank gods, finally.

"We're almost out," Gabriel said, more to himself than to Aydan, as he completed another circuit and came to a stop, turning to face Aydan again. He rolled his shoulders. "By the way, I think it'd be best if from here on out, you stay away." For once, he looked Aydan directly in the eye. "From Roman, I mean. He doesn't need you. Especially not right now. You just upset him."

And with him still healing, with his new heart, he didn't need the stress.

Offline Tally

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 12:20:03 am »
Aydan returned Gabriel's direct stare.  He'd never had a problem looking people in the eyes, and he didn't bother trying to make his next words sound remotely normal, or healthy.  He could not even feign appropriate fatherly sentiment when it came to Roman.

"No, but...I need him."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal