Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I sense a disturbance... (OPEN TO ALL)  (Read 2095 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:43:31 pm »
Tetroneaque nodded his head, trying not to look at her nude form.  It was just a little uncomfortable for him to see someone so with fur.  It just wasn't natural!  He didn't want to insult his new friend though, as she had obviously gone through all the trouble of learning his language in a single day.

"I have a few spare lab coats, but they might be a bit too small for you."  He said thinking out loud.  He knew it would take a few more minutes for the automated laundry machine to finish washing her clothes and return them to her room.  

"Though your clothes will be cleaned and ready in a few minutes...  we could just wait till they're returned."  He looked everywhere but at Svind as he spoke, obviously unused to having a naked female (of any species) around him.  The poor little scientist just didn't get out much.  He decided the easiest thing to do would be to grab a few of his extra lab coats and hope that she could wear them comfortably.  He dashed back to his room, snatched two lab coats from his closet and returned with one in each hand.

"These are the only clothes I have here."  He said, offering the garments to her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:13 am »
Svindri giggled again as she felt how uncomfortable Tetro was. She snorted a couple of times and thought how unprofessional she was, laughing at another person's discomfort, but he was very cute and proper and polite and she couldn't help herself.

"Thank you, Tetro," Svindri said sincerely as she took the coats from him. She tried putting one on and it was comically short for her, though it fitted around her arms and torso. It just didn't extend far enough. Certainly not far enough to cover all of her. At six foot, with long everything, she had to have long clothing. Frowning a bit and snorting rapidly without stopping for a couple of seconds, she contracted her muscles in an attemptto shorten herself. It worked -  a bit - but as it wasn't done up in front it did little to cover her. With her muscles the way they were, she couldn't move.

With a sigh Svindri gave up and let her muscles return to their natural state. "This is ridiculous," she complained, and got out of the labcoat. "I'm sorry, Tetro, but it just won't be big enough to cover me. I'll go back to my room to check if my clothes are there." With a sharp exhalation through her nose she handed the coat back to the small fox-thing and turned around to go back to her room.

She was still happy and hummed as she walked back into her room. Her clothes were sitting against one of the walls with no visible sign of how they'd gotten there. With a shrug, Svindri picked the clothes up and quickly slid into them. They were practical, tan-coloured and many-pocketed.

Once Svindri was decent she wandered back out and smiled at Tetro. "Is that better?" She snorted a few times and shook her head. "So, what now?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 08:36:50 pm »
"Well, breakfast is next of course!  Can't think on an empty stomach after all.  Just wouldn't be proper."  He stated as if it was completely obvious.  He led the way to the kitchen and went about fixing them both a monstrously huge breakfast.  He was quite efficient in the kitchen and soon there was a large pile of pancakes, cooked meats, and some fresh fruit that looked like a purple watermelon with a bright blue inside.  The fruit tasted more like a peach though, with a slight tangy after taste.

Tetroneaque packed away enough food in that one sitting to have easily fed five adult humans, washing it down with a rather large pitcher of a bright red juice.

After the meal was over and he was sure that Svind didn't need anything else he began to speak.

"So Svind.  I need some information.  I'm extremely happy to have met you, and that you can now so easily speak my language as that makes things so much easier."  He started.

"You see, I'm not from this planet.  In fact, I'm not even sure what planet this is or what galaxy it is located in."  He paused a moment and took another swig of juice from the pitcher, as one of the small drones had refilled it while he was talking.

"I am of a race called the Kitsune.  I'm also a scientist for the Kitsune Empire.  I was working on a matter transporter and the experiment got a tiny bit out of hand and teleported most of my lab to wherever this place is.  As things stand the back up generators here can power the lab and everything in it for about a week tops and I have about enough food for twice that long."  He explained, glad that his new friend didn't interrupt.

"I need to find someplace to stay now, as my computer informs me that I won't be able to withstand the atmosphere outside for very long.  I have a suit that should let me travel outside though, as well as a vehicle to travel in.  Is there any settlements within a week's distance of here?  Because if there isn't I'm afraid I won't survive."  His ears drooped down at this admission, and he hoped that Svind would have good news on the subject.

Anonymous

Re: I sense a disturbance... (OPEN TO ALL)
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 12:39:31 am »
Svindri ate quickly and fairly neatly, shoveling her food in so that she could nearly match Tetro's pace. She wasn't worried about being poisoned and in her opinion she could taste it just as well if it went down quickly - or perhaps better, because it didn't stay long enough for her to get sick of it.

When she finished she snorted several times in quick succession because they'd been suppressed while she was eating and nodded a couple of times too. "That was good, thank you."

"You see, I'm not from this planet. In fact, I'm not even sure what planet this is or what galaxy it is located in. It's Mars, the fourth planet from Solar, the sun of the Milky Way, which is this galaxy," Svindri interjected when Tetro paused to drink. She waited while he finished talking, picking up his worried feeling and thinking quickly. She should be able to reassure him fairly easily, as they weren't in the middle of nowhere - however much it seemed like it.

"Is there any settlements within a week's distance of here? Because if there isn't I'm afraid I won't survive." She rubbed her indent where her nose would be (if she were human) as she repeated his sentences and then spoke. "No, you're fine. I walked here in five days I think it was. I'm a fast walker, but I think we're also getting near the Karidja Rift and I can feel people right on the edge of my awareness." As she said it she realised that was what had been itching at her a little since she'd woken up. Last night she'd been tired, so her range had shortened considerably. Now she was fully refreshed it was back to full strength.

She snorted and then snorted again, stroking her nose flaps. "So, are you planning on walking or can you fly this...lab?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 02:48:38 pm »
Tetroneaque tilted his head slightly to one side as she repeated snatches of what he had said earlier.  It was a little weird to him, but then again maybe she was still trying to grasp the finer points of his language.  He ignored it, as she was the only person on the planet whom he knew.

"Well that is reassuring!"  He said perking up quite nicely.  "I'm afraid I'll have to set the lab to sleep mode to conserve power while I'm away.  I don't want anyone or anything rifling through my work... not that they'd be likely to understand it though."  He added with a laugh.

"I have an all-terrain vehicle we can travel in.  It should make the trip quite speedy!"  He chuckled as his good mood returned in full.

"I guess I should start packing!  No use in sitting around here any longer than need be right?"  He said as he bounded from the table to go get things ready to go.  It seemed he was quite impulsive and single minded once his mind was made up on something.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 10:36:26 pm »
"Oh, that's good," Svindri replied, glad that he had some way of getting around. She wasn't worried about herself, but she wasn't sure if Tetro could make the walk back to civilisation. She got up from the table and ran over a mental list of the things she'd come with to make sure she didn't forget anything. She wasn't rich enough to be able to afford leaving anything behind. She snorted softly as she did so and almost didn't catch Tetro telling her that he was going to pack before he scooted from the room.

Svindri sunk back down on the seat and continued to go over her list. "I'll wait here for you!" She called to the kitsune.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 09:12:19 pm »
Tetroneaque ran about, sending drones here and there to gather what he needed.  Some changes of clothes (which all looked identical), provisions, a few weapons for self defense, extra tanks of oxygen, first aid kits, spare power cells to name a few things.  He himself went to gather the two most important things, at least most important to him anyway.

The Kitsune went to the main control console and began the process of transferring all the data he deemed too important to leave, onto a small data sphere.

"That will take a little while to finish, I might as well get my exosuit."  He said to himself and ran off to do that.

He entered one of several sub-labs within what remained of his facility, the one dedicated to building new body armor and protective gear.  He'd been working on a little device he thought would prove useful, especially now.  On a small display case in the center of the room, connected to many devices was a simple purple glove.  It was obviously made of some sort of metal, except it seemed to be liquid even though it wasn't changing shape.  It was quite odd to say the least.

Tetroneaque removed the glove from the display case and put it on.  He flexed his fingers a few times to get used to the feeling and nodded.  Upon closer inspection there was a small input pad on the back of the glove, around the wrist.  He input a few codes and soon the glove did begin to flow... right up his arm.  The thickness was kept the same on his hand, and the purple ooze kept that uniform thickness as it began to engulf him.  Soon it covered his body, creating a very stylish looking suit of purple armor complete with a helmet and tail coverings.  It was air tight, though there appeared to be two small filters on the sides of where his lower jaw and neck connected.

"Everything seems to be working properly.  Air flow is functional."  He walked around the lab a little, jumped a few times, and performed a few rolls.  The suit's nanites helped with his movements, making them much more smooth than he would have accomplished without help.
"Movement enhancers are at 100%.  Seems this thing is perfect for field work now.  Lucky me!"  He exclaimed enjoying his new, slightly more menacing look.  The big fluffy, but armored tails kind of detracted from that though making him appear more like some cuddly animal playing at being a soldier.

He made his way back to the control console and found the data transfer was complete.  He removed the data sphere and inserted it into a slot in his new armor's chest.  He input a few more commands, locking down the computer from further access.  He didn't want what he left behind falling into anyone's hands.  After that he checked on the drones and found his vehicle ready to go.

"Svind!  I'm all ready to go now!"  He called as he made his way back to the kitchen area.  His voice was slightly amplified by his new exosuit, coming out a bit louder than he meant.  His ears laid flat against his head as he made a mental note to speak more softly while wearing his armor's helmet.

[ Tetroneaque leaves the thread...]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal