Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Don't I know you from somewhere?  (Read 918 times)

Anonymous

Don't I know you from somewhere?
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:15:26 pm »
It was a slower night at Synestesia. That was the tragedy of having time off that was in the middle of the week. Made it a little disappointing to go out to clubs, but it was still fun. Dressed in not a whole lot, Sabela leaned up against the bar, taking a break from dancing.

"Hey, you, bartender." Sabela grinned, a little tipsy after a few drinks. There was something about the scrawny woman mixing drinks that tickled her memory, but she couldn't quite place it, "Hey. Get me something good and strong. Surprise me."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Don't I know you from somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »
Sabela Llown. The sight of the woman had inspired both amusement and deep vexation in Darla. She'd spotted her dancing in the crowd a while ago and had kept her eye on her for the past few minutes, waiting for her to stop dancing so she could leave for the bathroom and let Asher, the other bartender, deal with her. Unfortunately, just as Sabela began ambling towards the bar, Asher went off for a smoke.

For a moment, panic thrilled through Darla; it was one of her biggest fears to be recognized by someone, even if it seemed unlikely. However, an anxiety attack at this point in time probably wouldn't be opportune, so she fended off the paranoia by making someone else's order and reassuring herself that she couldn't possibly be recognized as the girl she was several months ago. After all, she had lost a significant amount of weight, and rarely wore makeup or the colored contacts that had lent her the unusual beauty required of celebrities. Her small stature, one of her most recognizable traits, was also somewhat masked by the fact that the bar was raised a few inches to facilitate the height of the barstools. These thoughts comforted her until Sabela spoke, trying to catch her attention.

"Uh, yeah. Comin' up, S--lady," she said, trying to smooth over the blunder by turning away, automatically going to mix an Electric Mandarin-- a specialty of hers that tasted fruity but probably had more liquor than most girls would like. Sabela wasn't most girls, though, and Darla wanted her gone as quickly as possible. As soon as she finished, she set the drink before the woman, taking a moment to scrutinize her before she started to straighten things behind the bar out. It was a habit she'd taken to as a way to calm herself whenever she was agitated-- or at least it was better than wringing her hands and waiting around nervously.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »
Sabela kept watching the bartender, trying to put her finger on where she knew her. She wasn't very good looking, too skinny and no makeup, so it was unlikely Sabela knew her socially. But...that tingling in the back of her brain.

Taking her drink, Sabela took a long sip, savoring the burn. This one had a decent kick to it! Finally! That was the problem with being an alcoholic, places always made their drinks so weak.

"What's your name? I swear I know you from somewhere." Sabela gave a short laugh, "Normally I'm the one who has to listen to people say that."

Well, if she wouldn't answer, Sabela could always pick through her thoughts.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »
Darla paused her cleaning only for a moment, glancing up for a moment and into Sabela's eyes before returning to straightening things out with renewed vigor. Though her first instinct was to ignore her completely, if Sabela hadn't undergone a complete personality change in the past few weeks, she'd push the topic and probably sift through her head. Since that was the last thing she wanted, she answered quickly.

"I kind of get that a lot... one of those faces, I suppose--  people always think I'm any and every skinny dark-skinned girl they've ever met." She shrugged and offered a smile, calming down slightly as she spoke.

"Anyways, I'm Darla-- and I think I know you too. You're that Sabla girl, aren't you? You're the pretty Pilot who does all those crazy things they talk about on blogs." She raised an eyebrow, purposely mispronouncing the name and adding in the 'pretty' comment in an attempt to feed the woman's ego so she'd go away sooner.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 04:00:58 pm »
Sabela's eyes narrowed, lips pulled into a slight frown. That wasn't right. Sabela didn't really know many dark-skinned, skinny girls and she really didn't care much about the ones she knew. "Sabela. And yes." She spoke absently, eyes still on Darla as she took another drink.

"No. That's not it. Your voice is familiar too."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »
Damn. With the way Sabela drank, Darla would probably have to shove quite a few more drinks down Sabela's throat before she stopped pushing the topic. Already, she was trying to shield her thoughts, even if she knew that Sabela's psychic abilities far surpassed her own.

"M-my voice?" She asked blankly, trying to make her expression more confused than nervous. "I'm sorry, I only think I've seen your picture. Maybe you've seen me working here before? I haven't been here for too long, but I take a lot of shifts." She went back to shifting things around nervously, not sure how to deal with the situation. Most people weren't as stubborn as Sabela, even when she was drunk.

She usually wasn't talkative, but Darla was desperate for a subject change. "So uh, what brings you here on a weeknight anyways, hmm? Party's not really pumping in the middle of the week most of the time." She nodded at the sparse dance floor, pressing her hands against the bar in an attempt to stop them from trembling.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »
"Oh please. Don't be vain." Like Sabela would give a shit about some chick bartender. Leaning over the bar, Sabela reached out one hand, gripping Darla's chin with her perfectly manicured hand. Frowning, she turned it slightly, studying her, "I know I know this face. And stop giving me some stupid line."

An idea came to her, slowly as she had enough to drink to make her thoughts a little sluggish, "Do you have a sister or something? One that's actually pretty."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »
Vain? Darla was about to raise an eyebrow at the woman's all-too-familiar attitude, but before she could even do that, Sabela was taking hold of her chin. Her immediate reaction was to violently jerk away or slap her arm from her, but she forced herself to stay still. Going around hitting customers would probably get her fired, so she simply put up with it, wringing her hands together behind the bar and taking measured, deep breaths.

For a moment, her thoughts were dominated by a single phrase-- well, more of a mantra. 'She'stouchingme she'stouchingme she'stouchingme.' Finally, she reined in her panicked thoughts as Sabela asked her question. Ignoring the slight, she shook her head slightly, wanting the woman off of her before she spoke. "Look, harassing me isn't going to make anything easier," she sighed; she didn't care whether or not Sabela thought she was pretty, but everything would be a lot easier if she just stopped touching her. Even though she'd touched Sabela before and things were normally easier that way, the combined anxiety of almost being found out and the physical contact were just a bit too much to handle.

An idea popped into her mind, and she was almost able to forget the hands on her chin. "You know what?" She exclaimed, blinking as if she was surprised by some revelation. "I have a cousin-- you probably know her, she's a big celebrity-- although I don't know what's happened to her lately. She's been sick or something, I think. Anyways, you two hung out together, didn't you? Mena Love?" She figured that giving her a true-ish answer was better than nothing, although she really hated admitting any relation to her past self, even if it was only by blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 10:20:21 am »
"Hmmm. That could be it." Sabela let the other woman go, wiping her hand against her dress as if she had touched something distasteful. "You do look a little like her." Sabela hadn't thought about her in a little while. She had rather vanished after some drug incident or something.

A pity. Sabela had liked her. Draining her glass, Sabela shook it at Darla with a smile, "I'm out again."

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 12:17:20 pm »
Darla blew out a slow, quiet sigh when Sabela had let go of her, and allowed a laugh as the woman wiped herself off after touching her, as if she were the one who had packed makeup on her face. „Should I put on gloves first? I wouldn’t want your lovely hands to be dirtied by my poor person germs.“

She grinned and grabbed the glass from the woman and quickly made the same thing with even more liquor. She knew of Sabela’s immense ability when it came to drinking, so it would probably take quite a bit to put her out of commission. When she placed the new drink before Sabela, she was careful to balance it lightly between her fingers. She knew it was probably best to not be too saucy with the woman, but she honestly couldn’t help it. Sabela was simply too obnoxious, and she reminded her too much of her old self for her to be able to force herself to play nice.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:30 am »
Sabela shot the girl a look, arching one perfect eyebrow, "I wouldn't recommend trying to play that game with me. " And she didn't want to get into some sparring match with a skeletal bartender. She wanted to get wasted.

She took the glass, not really caring about the fingers and downed half of it. This just wasn't working. Setting it down, Sabela waved Darla back over, "Shots. Tequila. You too."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal