Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Send me an angel  (Read 6760 times)

Anonymous

Send me an angel
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:37:35 pm »
Ugh. This was so unfair. Lugging the bag of trash, Bhaskara made his way down the hall toward the trash incinerator. The bag was quite heavy and kept threatening to break, as the naga had a bad habit of waiting until he really couldn't cram anything else into the bag that he would finally take it out.

When one was several hundred pounds of pure muscle and tail, it was hard to get all that bulk going. Grumbling, Bhaskara thought dark thoughts in Nathan direction, the other man's teasing coming to mind. He had this obsession with getting Bhaskara to move.

Fucker.

It wasn't a serious effort for him walk across the room so he liked to give him shit. Even this was burning reserves that Bhas was going to have to make up later. It was work damnit!

Pausing at the small metal door, Bhas punched his code in and tugged it open. Just as he was about to toss the trash in, he noticed a cute redheaded man staring at him. And then got a better look at the redhead. He looked...half machine. Weiiiirdo.

"What? Never seen a fucking naga before?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

Re: Send me an angel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »
The blood was starting to rush to Cameron's head.  He was bent at the waist over the edge of the dumpster.  It was so tall his feet didn't touch the ground.  He needed clothes but he just couldn't stand it anymore, and he wasn't finding anything of use.

He hit the ground with a grunt and shook the trash out of his hair.  There had to be something in there.  he'd have to go back in, but after he had a few breaths of fresher air and wasn't so lightheaded.

The door opened before he got a chance.  A stranger, .hty.6.:naga class.:784364, a naga.  Cam was staring at him, knew he was staring at him, but the AI was glitching and spitting code into his consciousness and it crowded out any other thoughts.  When he finally caught up with the present he estimated he must have been standing there silent nearly a full thirty seconds

"No, but...the classification is there," he said. Now he just sounded stupid, and he'd been staring at this guy far too long.  He leapt up and pulled his front half over the edge of the dumpster again and starting rooting for anything that might be clothes. His own were full of holes at this point.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:25:01 pm »
What was with him running into the crazies lately? Bhas lifted one eyebrow, brushing one of his pigtails off his shoulder. The guy looked like he was broke and homeless, his clothes a mess and he reeked of garbage.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Reaching over, Bhaskara grabbed the waistband of the other man's pants and jerked him away from the dumpster, "And what are you doing? That's an incinerator ya dumb shit."

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »
Cameron had his hand on a bag of something when he was jerked back down.  The plastic bag snagged on the edge, broke open, and a shower of shredded paper exploded over the both of them.

"Oh.  Well I...I needed a few things."  He was probably not supposed to be here.  He didn't understand this place or how it worked, but he could guess they maybe wouldn't like people rummaging through their trash.

"What does it matter to you?"  Cam brushed paper shreds from his shoulders, from his hair.  If this guy wasn't some kind of authority then he shouldn't care, and Cameron could go back to finding what he needed.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:41:18 pm »
"Like what?" Bhas wasn't sure why he was still talking to this guy, he was pretty, but not really his type. But there was something just...sad about him. He seemed so clueless and the naga felt guilty leaving him.

The paper was annoying and Bhaskara made a face as he started picking it out of his hair, "It doesn't. I'm just curious and trying to decide if I care enough to help you out."

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 10:56:13 pm »
"Well..."  Cameron plucked at his shirt.  It had a few holes in it and the hem was coming undone.  Threads stuck out from the seams.  His pants weren't any better.  They were both fairly clean, but ill-fitting and stained.

"Help?"  Ah, he liked that word.  Liked to hear it from people.  Self-sufficiency was great, props to those who could manage it, but he was fairly sure he would be dead by now if others hadn't stepped in to give him a hand.  Like those folks who gave him a ride to Cancer.  He hoped he saw them again sometime, so he could pay them back.

He would need food soon, too, but somehow that was even more pitiful than digging through the trash for clothes, and he didn't mention it.  Didn't quite know how to tell someone he was starving without losing every scrap of self-respect he had left.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:05 pm »
"Yes. Help. Do you know that word?" Bhaskara tapped his chin, watching him. He was pretty, which Bhaskara liked. A little old for his tastes, but not bad. And he really would like help around the store, to do all that irritating moving and lifting people expected of him.

"How strong are you? Do you follow orders? And what are your thoughts on sex?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:57:53 pm »
"Very.  Yes.  I don't think I have any," he answered promptly.  Since the dumpster was right there, the one for the things too big to go into the incinerator, he grabbed the edge of it with his mech arm and lifted it.  The whole thing, clear off the ground.

He thought it was probably his best selling point.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 12:01:49 am »
"Wonderful, even better, none at all? Really? Why not?" Well, the lack of sex made Bhaskara sad, but the dumpster lifting made up for it. "You have a name? I might be willing to offer you a job. Pay isn't great," Mostly because it was a stingy bastard, "But I'll give you food and board and some new clothes."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:03 am »
He dropped the dumpster with a clang that shook the ground beneath their feet.  Er...his feet, the naga's belly.

"I've never had occasion to think on it, sir."  He might have before...well, before whatever happened to him to result in half his body being replaced by machines.  He'd woken up naked and dazed on an abandoned colony.  He could remember nothing before that.

"I'm Cameron."  Even that he hadn't remembered, and only knew it because the AI had told him.  "I...would love to have work!"

He didn't even care much about the pay.  It was the food and shelter that most interested him, and the notion that he would have a place to be rather than wandering without a home or objective to guide him.  He was adrift, not just in the world but in life, with no purpose to ground him.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 12:18:10 am »
"Well, think on it. Might get you a raise." Bhaskara held out a hand, "Bhaskara. I sell food supplies to ships." He would see how Cameron worked out before letting him know about the other buisness he ran.

"First task, throw that garbage away."

Offline Tally

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:23:58 pm »
Cameron stared at Bhaskara's hand for a few moments before recalling he was supposed to shake it.  "Cameron!  I...work for you."

And his employment had already begun it seemed.  He tossed the garbage bag into the dumpster.  It weighed next to nothing for his mechanical arm.  Then he stood there looking at Bhaskara, eyebrows raised in question, awaiting his next order.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »
Oh, this would be so handy to have around! No more having to do all these annoying tasks. Beaming that too wide smile of his, Bhaskara turned and started back to his shop. Getting started was always hard for him, all that energy to get his massive coils moving, but eventually he was moving along, "I expect you to always be on call for when I might need you, but we can work out a normal work scheduled for you."

He was already looking forward to having someone able to do all the heavy lifting and moving when shipments arrived, "Now...some of my business is less than legal. I trust you can keep quiet about those things?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:47 pm »
Cameron grabbed his other wing before following.  It was small, meant to be both functional and decorative.  The wings weren't meant to flap.  Altitude came from their gravity reactors and not from any physical action on their part.  Problem was he only had the one attached and couldn't figure out how to install the other in its socket.

"Well...so am I, as it happens.  Less than legal.  I think."  He couldn't be sure of that, or how he knew it.  He had the knowledge that the enhancements made to his body had been done outside of lawful bioengineering modifications.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 10:10:11 pm »
"Oh, probably not. A lot of those look rather dubious." The wing got his attention and Bhaskara lifted an eyebrow at that, "What the shit is that? Why ain't that one stuck on you?"

Ugh, wings. Everyone wanted to get wings, they were just sooooo cute, but all they did was get in the way. Maybe he could yank the other one out...

Offline Tally

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:40 pm »
A flood of diagnostic data and error message ran through Cameron's mind as he looked at the wing.  That's all he had to do, just look at it, and his AI went into a tizzy.  "Well...the port wasn't finished.  So it won't go in.  I want to get it fixed.  Then I can fly."

He'd tried to fly with just the one, and ended up veering lopsided through the air without getting any real altitude.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »
"They just get in the way. Wings are useless. What the fuck you wanna fly for?" Bhas shook his head, still moving at that steady pace. He could get going rather fast when he wanted too, but it took a lot of energy.

"Well, what kind of skills ya got? What can you do besides lift thing." He was going to teach the kid how to give perfect massages, that was for sure.

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 10:00:18 pm »
"I'm supposed to," he said, and that was the best answer he could give.  The AI thought he should be flight worthy, and until he was, it would not consider everything right with the world, nor would it cease its never ending error messages.  "And I could reach...high places," he added.  That was useful, right?

"Ahh...I can compute advanced calculations.  And I have an encyclopedia in my head."

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »
"Flying is annoying." If Cam turned out useful, Bhas might see about getting the wing attached. Or not, it would depend on how much he got out of the cyborg.

"Ah, well, I'll find a good use for that." That would help with balancing his books, "How recent is the encyclopedia? And how detailed?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »
"Oh."  Cameron looked down at his detached wing, disappointed.  He'd always thought flying would be useful and...also maybe fun to do.

"Six months, seven days, forty minutes out of date, sir.  I may be able to update it if I can jack in to a port with access to an active encyclopedia.  I'm equipped for wireless communication as well."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal