Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: You push too hard, darling! But I accept!  (Read 966 times)

Anonymous

You push too hard, darling! But I accept!
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:58:41 am »
Her heels clicked loudly on the bright white hallway. She was dressed in her professional clothes today, her mullethawk streaked with bright pink and electric blue, a number of thin folders under her arm. She was working her way through the Pilots, trying to get their public image...just the way she wanted them. Maximum impact.

Next on her list was....Tierney, Gabriel. He was an Echo and popular among teenagers and geeks. He had some serious image clean up to do. She turned down the hall and knocked on Gabriel's office before letting herself in.

"Good morning!" Her voice was a pleasant sing song, "We have a meeting. I hope you remembered and read over that e-mail I sent you. Discussing your new image."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: You push too hard, darling! But I accept!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:56:57 pm »
Gabriel had been working on some database upgrades when a knock sounded at his door. Still focused on his screen and not wanting to lose track of where he was, he called out, "Door's open, come on...in?"

Of all the people that could have entered, that was the last person he'd been expecting.

Uh oh.

"Oh! Taras! Uh, hiya! Morning!" He jerked upright and quickly tried to compose his expression from a look of nervous dread to one of cautious interest. Oh yes. He remembered that e-mail. In fact, he'd been okay with that e-mail. Some of the stuff wasn't really his taste, but it was workable, doable, and he'd have no problem with it. Some of it even sounded freakin' awesome! An excuse to attend conventions? Suh-weet! But there had been one part, one cryptic line down at the very end that had tied his stomach all up in knots. And not the good kind.

"Yeah, I read the e-mail. Sounds pretty sweet, I'm totally down with it! I was just a liiittle slightly confused about that one bit at the end is all. Y'know, the part about my significant other? 'Cause I don't have one. But I mean, you probably just got me confused with someone else. That happens."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:00:49 pm »
Good lord. Did they just not give lessons on speaking in the Program? How was it that the leaders of their nation didn't even know how to bring something up. Taras smiled brightly, heading into the room, all perky confidence, "Oh no. I was thinking about you. You don't have one yet and, publicly, we need to change that."

Taking the thin folders, Taras handed them over to Gabriel, "There are a few to chose from, boys and girls, I wasn't sure of your tastes in that regard. Pick one you like, go on a few dates, let the press get a few pictures and everything is perfect."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »
Raising his eyebrows, Gabriel leaned forward and smiled awkwardly. "Excuse me?"

She...had to be joking. Trying to get a rise out of him. Yeah, that had to be it, he got the teasing a lot. Haha! Good one. She couldn't actually be seriously shoving her way into his love life and ordering him to hook up with someone. There had to be something else in those folders.

He took them from her and thumbed through them--then abruptly dropped them onto his desk as though burned. Pictures and profiles of various good-looking people, all within his age range, smiled up at him from the folders. "What the--are you outta your mind?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 04:32:51 pm »
Taras raised her eyebrow, watching Gabe with an amused expression, "No. I'm quite sane. What's the big deal? Do you not like them? To be fair, you haven't really looked at them. I think you might like them if you give them a chance."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »
"No, I don't like them! I don't have to look to know that!" Gabriel shot back, collecting the pile and hastily shoving it back into the folder. He slid the folder back to Taras.

"Look, I'm totally cool with this public image thing and a lot of your ideas sounded pretty sweet and stuff! Conventions! Awesome! I love conventions! But dates and stuff? Gotta pass."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »
"Oh dear. I've been unclear again, haven't I? It's an awful habit I have." Taras pushed the folder back to Gabe, still smiling brightly, "I've given you the impression I was asking. No no darling, you will be doing these things. Public image is down, people are feeling the Pilots are just too distant. People can't relate you see. So we have to make it so they can relate to you."

One perfect nail tapped the folder, "Now, if you don't like any of these, we can find you some others, but you are going to have some adorable, public dates."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57:17 pm »
Flashing Taras a bright smile to match her own, Gabriel pushed the folder back. "Yeah, yeah, that's...that's so not on. I'm sure there's lots of ways to, y'know, relate and connect to the masses and stuff without...that. Can't I have like...a civilian BFF? Donate to charity? Something like that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 11:55:13 pm »
Taras smile didn't falter, "Pilot Tierney, we seem to be miscommunication. You are doing this. I'm not asking. Either pick or I will pick for you. Trust me, you would much rather work with me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:33 am »
Gabriel grimaced, and felt the truth of that statement. He knew the Imperial had sanctioned this and that her word was as good as his--and it irritated him all the more, because he really, really didn't want to do this.

He went quiet for a moment, glowering down at the folders. Finally he said, "Which one has the girls?"

Because he did not want her picking for him and he figured a woman might be less awkward, because there was no chance of anything weird happening.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 02:12:18 am »
Taras brightly handed him the folders that had girls, "There are a variety to chose from and if none of these work, you can let me know what you would like and I'll do what I can. All you have to do is go on a few dates, pose for a few pictures, have fun with it all."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:29:09 am »
Opening the folder, Gabriel flipped through the pictures and felt skeevy as hell as he did it. It just felt wrong. "Uhhh...and what happens when I gotta break up with her?" he asked, only half looking at the pictures and scanning over the profiles.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:57 am »
"Why would you need to do that? But if that time does come, we find a nice, easy reason, discuss it between you two and figure something out. Pilot Tierney, these girls are all actresses. None of them think they are the lucky winners of a date the Pilot lottery. None of them will cry over it."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:07:38 pm »
"I mean the media," Gabriel said with a huff, leaning his arms on the table.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »
"Yes, and we'll talk it out between the two of you for what works. Most likely something simple and easy. Things just didn't work out or you played too much WoW." Taras shrugged her shoulders lightly, "Why? Do you have a preference or request?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »
"No...not really." Gabriel shrugged and thumbed through several more photos before singling one out and pushing it toward Taras. "I guess her?"

He'd picked out a nerdy-looking, but chic and pretty, brunette with black-rimmed glasses.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:16 pm »
"She's a sweet girl, I'm sure you'll get along well." Taras liked the girl. She was midcaste and trying to break into the art world, video games to be exact. Gabe would probably like her and she could use her connection to him to move up in the world.

"Her name's Ivy Jezokiva. Would you like me to set up a luncheon for you two to meet and discuss how you would like to work together?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 02:02:58 pm »
"Sure," Gabriel said, monotone, and rested his chin on his hand. He still couldn't believe this. Fake dates with a girl. Oh jeez. This was going to be awkward to explain, but he figured if he explained it to people before this stuff aired, it should be alright.

"I'm not kissing her, though. Just so we're clear."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal