Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I'm an outlaw, Quick on the draw  (Read 2207 times)

Anonymous

I'm an outlaw, Quick on the draw
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »
Benedict came awake slowly, blinking at the bright light hitting his face. His mouth tasted like cotton and his head throbbed a bit. He had had way to much to drink the night before and now he was suffering for it. Sitting up, he smacked his lips, trying to get some moisture into his mouth while his hand groped for his canteen.

Taking a long swig of water, he started to feel a little better. Once he had drained it, Benedict stood up, scratching his belly. Better be careful or he was gonna start going soft. That wouldn't do.

With a few groans and some popping joints, Benedict managed to get dressed. His face was starting to get a little hairy, but he couldn't be bothered with a shave. Heading out the door, he made his way downstairs to the eating area of the boarding house. Might be able to still catch some breakfast.

Taking a seat, he thanked the owner when she poured him some coffee. Leaning back in his chair, he savored the strong brew and debated what he was going to do with the rest of his day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: I'm an outlaw, Quick on the draw
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »
Annara tied her horse loosely to a hitching post by the porch of the boarding house. She hadn't slept yet and was irritated to no end at Tozi's sarcasm. :Someone gets a nice bed for the day, while I get a handful of hay and hard red dirt: Tozi said silently while cocking her hip and staring at Annara. "Shut up already" Annara said and turned around and slapped the horse's flank for good measure. :Now what happens when someone slaps your ass? They get the hell kicked out of 'em. Does the same rule apply here?: Annara rolled her eyes and grabbed her canteen and lazer scoped bow and arrows before heading up the steps.

As she opened the door, Tozi whinneyed loudly just to irriate her. It worked. "Tozi! Will you shut the hell up already?! I'm tired and that damn saddle is making my ass sore! Yes, I get a bed and you don't! Zip It!" She turned around in a huff and relized she was still holding the door open to a room full of curious onlookers. She closed her eyes and groaned quietly. She took a step through the doorway and let it swing shut to the red dust outside. While everyone stared she walked straight to the back of the room and took a seat at the nearest table, pulling her hat down over her eyes. She was too lost in humiliation to realize that the table was already occupied.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »
It had been hard to miss the little scene the girl had put on with her horse. Though when she marched over to his table and plunked down across from him. She was pretty enough, though her hat didn't quite manage to hide the plugs on her temples.

A mage. Rare to see one on the frontier. Might be a runaway, but until he saw a reward poster, it wasn't worth his time. Not with this hangover. Looking at her over the top of his mug, he lifted his eyebrows, "There somethin' I can do for ya lady?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »
Annara looked up, groaned, and immediately thunked her head down on the table. "No... I don't think there's anything anyone can do for me." She mumbled from underneath the mussed hat and pile of hair. She took a deep breath and sighed as she slowly let it out. She raised her head and looked the person across the table from her in the face.

He was tanned, as she herself was, and had scars running the length of his face. He was sruffy and had obviously had better nights. The bags under his eyes and whiskey still on his breath said he'd had a bad morning too. She blushed as she realized she was staring at him and focused her tawny gaze elsewhere.

"It's been one of those nights." She tugged at the top wrap on her leather and silver studded wrist guard on her left hand. It gave and she unwound it slowly releaving skin slightly marked from the tightness of the wrap, but otherwise unscarred. She took her left hand in her right and rotated it slowly, then started on the other wrist guard and wrist.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:07:18 pm »
((OOC: Sorry this took so long. Life has been omg busy))

"'M gettin' that feelin darlin." The girl was an odd one, that was for sure. And he still wasn't really sure what she was doing at his table, but right now it felt like more work to make her leave than just put up with her. At least she didn't talk much.

"Yup." Benedict's breakfast finally arrived and he went to work on it. Girl could sit if she wanted, pretty to look at. But he had never had much interest in people.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:36 pm »
Annara caught a whif of eggs and sizzling bacon. She started to salivate, she spent a lot of time in the form of the wolf; she guessed it was starting to take a toll because coffe was usually foremost in her mind but right now that bacon was all she could think of. A thin inhuman whine escaped her throat. She quickly covered it with a cough and signaled the matron of the house over to order two plates of bacon and a mug of coffee with as much cream as she could spare. She was frowned at and told that kind of luxury would cost her.  Annara scowled and shook the leather pouch on her hip, it jungled. The matron took the hint and took her leave. She again looked at the scarred but interesting man before her. He was attractive enough, in a rugged kind of way. Then again she'd never been able to trust a man who's nails were cleaner then hers, or who's hands had less calouses.

"Well, if you get to call me Darlin', what do I get to call you?" She asked with a tired smile.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:38:31 pm »
Looks like she was a talker. And kept making a weird, growling noise. Wasn't natural, but also wasn't his fuckin' buisness, so Benedict kept his head over his plate, enjoying his greasy breakfast.

Girl could eat though. That much bacon was a little much fore his taste, but whatever.

"Ya can call me Mr. Delaney."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:43 am »
"Yes sir. Well Mr. Delaney, my names Annara, or Ms. Lyphomene, if you come to think Darlin' doesn't suit."That was when the matron came back with her own scowl in place and dropped her plate of bacon and mug of coffee on the table. Annara handed over the payment and set to work with gusto on her bacon, taking sips of coffee until it cooled, then gulps. Once she finished, she sat back feeling full and suprisingly awake.

She started to wind her wrist guards on again, taking care that they were neither too tight or too loose. When she took them off again they would leave the exact same imprints that had been there before but had vanished during her meal. She stood up and reached her hand out to the man across from her. "'Twas nice to meet you Mr. Delan-"

Just then Tozi whinnied from out side. This wasn't to annoy or irritate though. It translated to anger and fear. "Annara! Help!" Annara didn't even finish the word, she gripped up her bow and arrows and sprinted out the doors she had come through.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 03:31:27 pm »
Least she knew to keep quiet during a meal. Benedict appreciated that in a woman. Most of them talked too damn much. Wouldn't leave ya yer piece of mind, but he was able to polish of his breakfast and nurse his coffee slowly, willing away his hangover.

When the girl bolted, Benedict raised his eyebrows, a little confused by that. Sounded like someone was messing with her horse. Horse thieves could fetch a decent bounty and Benedict stood up slowly, sauntering over toward the door, coffee mug in hand, watching the excitement with bored eyes.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:48 pm »
Mature

Annara had a regular arrow knocked before she was out the door. Then again regular was a relative term. It was mostly carbon fiber with a titanium broad head and serrated edges. It was fletched in owl feathers to fly silent and she normally used them in hunting. Tozi's attackers were lucky she hadn't chosen an arrow that would do more damage. She would like to leave the Inn in tact, for the time being.

The four theifs froze momentarily at her appearance, then one of the two attempting to drag Tozi away went to pull out his gun. She shot him through the heart before the safety snapped off, and he was dead before he hit the ground. The man closest to her ran at her with a knife. She shifted her body fluidly as launched herself off the porch and he toppled over with a wolf on his chest and his knife long forgotten in his shock. She took his throat into her mouth and pulled back viciously. That was two down. She looked up at the other two and snarled violently and low in the back of her throat as their comrades blood dripped from her bared teeth. They decided one horse wasn't worth it and turned tail and ran. Annara contemplated a hunt. In her wolf form she might not mind eating human flesh?

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »
Benedict blinked, letting out a low whistle where he stood and watched the action, "Well darlin', ya might be pretty to look at, but ya sure as hell ain't smart." Still watching the wolf, he pulled out a cigarette and took his time smacking it down and lighting up.

"See, them horse thieves, punishable by law. Shottin' the fucker was a smart move. But, see, the fact yer a wolf now means one thing. Yer a mage and there's no plug in yer temple. Tells me ya ain't registered. Now ya could be visitin', sure could."

Benedict exhaled a long thread of smoke, "But I'm doubtin' that. But I suggest ya dig out some papers ta prove that before I shook ya and collect my reward"

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 10:47:43 am »
Annara turned and growled in frustration. Just what she needed. A bounty hunter. Great. She shifted fluidly back into her human form, naked and still covered in blood. She walked directly up to the man, locked her angry moss green gaze on his, and lied. "I'm a very pissed off were wolf. Now do you wanna continue killing yourself with those cancer sticks or come help me get my horse to stop panicking long enough to grab her saddle bags so i can get dressed in something not covered in blood?" She turned around, huffed, and stomped off the porch.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 05:47:28 pm »
"Mmm...that so?" Benedict wasn't so sure about that, but he didn't have the ability to tell if she was a wereanimal or not. He didn't move from his spot, watching her. He didn't feel inclined to help her, wasn't any of his buisness and what redblooded man in his right mind helped a pretty girl put clothes on.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »
"Uh, yeah..." She said sarcasticly over her shoulder. Annara stopped a few steps away from the porch, cocked her hip (completely at ease with her nudity), and cupped her hands to her mouth: "Tozi! Get your yellow belly back here!" The horse had been booking directly away from the inn and was now visible more as a dust cloud than as a horse, but apparently she heard because the dust seemed to move sideways then start a return trip. Annara stood staring for a few more minutes before she noticed the bounty hunters gaze. She should be terrified at this point and was confused to note that she was fairly at ease even with him at her back and her relatively vulnerable in her human form. She glanced over her shoulder at him, her green eyes shining. "So how much does a were-hide fetch these days?" She asked

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:40 am »
"Oh, depends. Depends. Not much on their own." He wasn't totally sure she was a were, that change hadn't looked right, hadn't the heat and energy that tended to go with a were. But he also wasn't going to shoot her and find out later.

He inhaled on his cigarette slowly, still enjoying his view and debating what he wanted to do.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 05:41:40 pm »
Tozi trotted up and stopped in front of Annara snorting her irritability. Annara took a step forward and cupped Tozi's muzzle in her hands. She kissed the horse between the eyes and scratched her ears while mumbling comforting nonsense words to the horse. She walked around the horse checking her out for any damage. She stooped - still naked - and ran her hand down her legs. Nothing there. She checked each in turn without finding any cuts or swelling. She stood back up and ran her hands down Tozi's side to her rump and patted it affectionately. "Good girl, you're fine, you shoulda kicked 'em in the teeth, they woulda let you alone."
She smiled and began rummaging around in the left rear saddle bag. "Aha!" She pulled out a pair of denim cutoffs and pulled them up her shapely legs, taking her time as she bet over then shimmied them up. A moment later she had a leather vest out and was struggling to tighten the laces in the back so she could tie it in front.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 12:58:28 am »
Well, at least one part of his morning wasn't bad. The girl was in no hurry to get dressed and he was in no hurry to look away. It was too bright and he would much rather be finishing his breakfast, but there would be time for that later.

"Well, that was an impressive show. I feel like I should slide some bills inta yer pants."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 12:16:18 pm »
"I'd settle for a hand with my ties" She said sarcasticly, not commenting on the reference to stripping. She looked over her shoulder at him and raised an eyebrow. "Well are you gonna come closer to the skin you been ooglin and help me lace this up, or stand over there and let me struggle." She mumbled about there being no good gentlemen left in this solar system and struggled with her laces again.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:22 pm »
"Darlin' why would I help ya cover up? Ain't gonna do me no good. Sides, yer the one struttin' around like a 2 dollar whore. I'm just lookin' at what yer flauntin'." He didn't really give two shits what she thought of him.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 07:43:33 am »
"Well wolves dont usually bother much with clothes do they?!" she asked baring fangs with a feral snarl in her voice. Looking away from him in frustration, she took a moment and took a deep breath, sighed it out and looked back at him. She spoke in a much more restrained and calm voice and her nearly glowing eyes had become more human. "Theres no call to be rude. I'm sorry if I've lost a few of my more human habits, like modesty, but do you think you could please be a gentleman and help me lace this up? I can't get it on my own." She walked up to him quietly and swept her hair over her shoulder.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal