Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: username/password asked for by ukauctionhelp.co.uk... here??  (Read 707 times)

Pancake

username/password asked for by ukauctionhelp.co.uk... here??
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:42:27 am »
I took a screenshot...

http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/atiragram/misc%20junk/thingy.png
photobucket resized it kinda small, but I can send a bigger one if needed.

also, I have all the scripts turned off that aren't run by this site directly (not that there even are any shown by noscript) and I also have adblock, so Imageshack and Gmail there don't have the ability to do anything like that and never have, so what's going on? .___.
I just hit the x button and it went away, but I still am a little worried.

so far it's only happened today. once right when I logged on from my laptop, then just right now when I logged on with my desktop.

can't think of anything else to say that might help, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: username/password asked for by ukauctionhelp.co.uk... he
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:29 am »
That's...Really odd. I haven't experienced that, maybe some others have though? I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you have an anti-virus and anti-spyware, it should have caught anything intrusive. Try cleaning out your computers' temporary files(stuff it keeps on the harddrive) if you haven't already, just to be safe. I have no idea what could cause that though. o__o An admin might, if anything.

EDIT: It happens to me too, but only if I go through the mainsite and not a direct link to the forum. I think you can avoid it by bookmarking the forum and using that instead of going to the mainsite then forum. Really really weird though.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:08:08 am »
I cleared my cookies and scanned my computer, nothing came up on the scan and after the cookieclearing the thing still came up... it's only here and only when I come to the home page, nowhere else... .__.'
on a second check after the cookies were cleared, that site had already stuck another one in. I haven't visited anywhere other than here in the meantime... I'm going to block the site from being able to, I think. gonna go do some allowing/blocking of cookies, I think :x

Pancake

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:54 am »
... clearing cookies logged me out. LOL. that :x was supposed to be x: because emotes are lame.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »
...That is really weird and shouldn't be there. O_o I looked in my files and couldn't find any scripts in the webpages, though, so maybe it's on your computer?

Next time it happens, though, can you do a biiig favor? Go into "View Page Source" and paste the code here between code tags so I can look at it? :3
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Pancake

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:44:49 pm »
I told a friend and he actually checked, and got the same thing... it's only on the homepage. and it did not happen again after I blocked cookies from the site.
here's what was in the pagesource viewer. sorry about the no word wrap thing LOL. ctrl+f is everyone's friend.

<span style="background: url(http://ukauctionhelp.co.uk/istore/sparkle.gif)"> is in the script, though... that might have something to do with it?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »
Fixed! I found the source--and it was actually the sparkle bbcode that was doing it. xD So I fixed it and hosted the sparkle code on my webspace and now it should be fixed! ^^
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal