Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What would you like to know more about?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

What would you like to know more about?
« on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »
So, currently we're working on fleshing out the areas, and Edanith for one is being completely revamped. The Mordecai/mage relationship will also be very different, but I think people will really like it. x3 Teinar is also being fleshed out and revamped.

HOWEVER! That's not what I'm asking!

What I want to know is what would you like to know more about? Are there any little details about, say, Aedolis or Pilots/candidates/dragons that you've always been confused on or wanted to know more about? How about TRIM? Teinar? Sevenwinds? Libra/Cancer? Anything!

What kind of information do you want? :3

Spill it all here! It'll make fleshing these places easier for us! <3
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: What would you like to know more about?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:09:35 am »
Everything. |:

For me, it would probably have to be the minor stuff. Ya know, the stuff that adds the flavor.

What major laws are there that people might not know of that are different from what there are today (for instance, Aedolis' laws on drug use and age restrictions for drugs and alcohol)?
What nuances are there to the various cultures that could be easy to miss but a native would dare infringe upon?

Can there be a map of major areas (big thing to ask, I know)? Having a map of the Citadel and ATC would be amazing for keeping things straight, and I understand that I probably shouldn't hold my breath on it, but having a general layout would greatly reduce uncertainty on travel times.

Another thing would be tower heights in Aedolis. I assume The Citadel is the highest but does it stand dozens of stories above its closest competitor? What are the buildings like around it? How big is Aedolis exactly? With a thought inline with that, how many other cities are under the rule of the Dragons? Are Pilots dispatched to the other cities for government/military/media work or do they mostly stick to Aedolis? Why are Pilots only housed in Aedolis (besides making things easier for forum layout)?

I can probably think of some more but I'll hold back for now. 8D

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:25:05 am »
These are REALLY awesome questions so please, please, please keep them coming! xD

I know we are thinking about the other cities in Aedolis and probably gonna add another playable one. 8D But Pilots and dragons do exist in the others and have military bases there; the Citadel is the big, main one and the ATC is where all Pilot Candidates are shipped for training. x3 But Pilots and dragons are indeed deployed to the others, too. But we'll definitely write more up about that and flesh it out! good question!

We do have info about the drug and alcohol stuff up in the write-ups, but in a nutshell: Aedolis doesn't have any drug or alcohol laws. For them it's basically a non-issue. They're a society built on hedonism, and drug-use is encouraged and completely accepted; there's no stigma against it at all. Basically, it's treated kind of like alcohol currently is (in the USA), only minus the legal age thing and with a lot more acceptance/positivity. Of course, people are expected to be able to perform their jobs and not operate any machinery/vehicles while under the influence, and that would get you in trouble (DUI xD), but there is no social stigma against it.

Pilots still need to be able to perform their job, but if it's not inhibiting their performance or they're doing it on a day off, it's no problem. x3

And maps are a great idea, too! I agree--even I get confused as to where stuff is and just sorta am vague in my posts. xD So I think that'd be awesome. I think it's completely doable. :3

As for the Citadel, I know it is beside a large upper caste shopping center, but beyond that, we should brainstorm it! :3

And I love the idea of figuring out cultural nuances! That's an excellent idea.

All awesome questions! This reeeally helps give ideas of what more we need to add/develop/flesh out, so yeah! Keep it coming! 8D

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:27:54 pm »
Perhaps drugs and alcohol were a bad choice as an example. What about laws about sex? I'm assuming prostitution is legal but when do laws say a person is legally old enough for sex with the majority of the population (since teens are teens and some will try no matter what the law says)? What about other laws that relate to the darker parts of the human psyche?

How are rebel groups in Aedolis handled? Are they all eliminated as soon as they're found out? If not, are they thrown to the Pilots/Dragons for mind-probes before they're killed? On a related note: Are the Seekers still around? And what's with the Gospel silence? D:< Takes a lot of the intrigue out of Aedolian things.

What's the level of technology anyway and how easily is it to acquire (taking into account censoring)? How fast is space travel? Does it take months to get from Earth to Mars or is it more a matter of days or hours? How long would it take to get to Libra from Earth? Are there any other space stations besides the officially named ones? Are there any colonies on any other planets or on the moons of various planets? Where do all the raw materials come from?

Are there any kind of political advisers between the planets to try and keep relations peaceful? If there is such outright hostility between Aedolis and Edanith why is there not more battles between the two or at least quips between them?

How has Sevenwinds not been found out if Aedolis has a network that can view the surface of the planet?

Unrelated to in-game things: I'm curious about the team hiring section. It's been up for a year and the 'the team' link doesn't have everybody that signed up for it. P:

EDIT: What rules are placed on Candidates besides orderliness, subordination, and when to wake up/leave? For instance, are they free to wander the ATC after classes are done? Are they allowed hang out spots, like one of the workout rooms or something?

Also: What rules are different for the Fivers, considering they live in the Citadel?

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:46:58 am »
I agree that maps would be pretty epic.  I also know they are a pain in the butt, especially to those of us who have to have things just right :-(  Still, there are people that love that sort of thing.  Ask one of the members of the forum.  I'm sure someone would love to do it.

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:59:49 pm »
We can roll out some maps!  They will take awhile, but I know they would help a ton. :3

And thanks for all the questions Crono!! <333 I want to tackle them all thoroughly so I've copy/pasted them into a to do list and I'll update the info with this new information.  I'll post here again, or make a little announcement when it's all added in. :3

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:14:35 pm »
I'm new, so I'm a little confused on the different species.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 06:48:44 pm »
All you really need to know about different species is this: humans are the dominant species on Earth, but they're not alone. ^^ Basically, you can play whatever you like, even your own made up stuff! So elves, fae, shapeshifters, you name it!

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:12 pm »
Okay, Thanks! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal