Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What's A Pirate Minus A Ship? (G-Dog!)  (Read 853 times)

Anonymous

What's A Pirate Minus A Ship? (G-Dog!)
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:14:48 am »
Amelia hadn't been on the Cancer in awhile. She had avoided it because of the fiasco last time. Too many pirates in a room plus a female pirate? It just ends badly. She had been dragged off on some wild goose chase, she loathed wild goose chases. She'd snuck out into a harbor as soon as they got to an acceptable location. They probably noticed she was gone when they went to go check for the loot though. She had made off with the most easily sold things and all the cash. She always thought it was funny when other pirates thought they could trust pirates. There's always an angle.

Her life had become to boring though. Too easy and the money had started to run low. So, she booked a ship to Cancer and here she was. Home sweet home. Plus, right now was an exciting time. The Cancer was on the move for the first time in ages. Everyone that had been bored and asleep was waking up and taking to space. Cancer was hopping and ships were everywhere.

It was the perfect time for an adventure.

She turned her way into The Moon, she couldn't help it. She always made a stop here. It was the last place anything interesting had happened to her. There always characters in here. She double checked her guns before walking too far in and then sat down on a stool at the bar. She looked up at the bartender. It was a guy this time. She put a hand under her chin and smirked showing sharp canines.

"Screwdriver please." He looked her up and down for a moment a scar cutting through one of his eyes. She could imagine the owner trying to talk him into wearing an eye patch on the other. Some places were so traditional. He made the drink and passed it over to her and she paid him quickly. She took a long sip and smiled, relaxing slightly. It had been too long since she had a good drink, in a familiar bar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: What's A Pirate Minus A Ship? (G-Dog!)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:20:25 am »
Rastaban loved a good rest and relaxation. Sure, pirating was fun, but he'd fallen into the business entirely on accident. It hadn't been his first choice in work, but when it all came down to it, he thought he was okay at it. Pretty typical pirate material, although not really when one looked at him. He was considering walking around with an eyepatch just for the Pirate Factor, actually. Maybe he should go and get a leg shot off just so he could have a prosthetic one. Though these days, he was sure cybernetic was the way to go.

Walking into The Moon, he didn't have any expectations except that he was planning to sit down and drink until he was under the table. Or maybe, just maybe, he might find somebody interesting who was looking for more than a drink. How about an adventure? Rastaban's favorite part of being a pirate: the adventure. Actually, he'd have to say, without that bit, he might just be doing something else. (Like what? He thrived on the adventure, exploration, and hunt. Not to mention the shiny things.)

He went to the bar and ordered up a straight rum (yep, he was so traditional) and when he received it, he took the drink and downed it before setting it down on the bar. He looked at the people nearest him and then set his arms around both.

"Hey there, looking for adventure? I have just the thing." He took his arm from the gruff male, who snorted and shoved him away before lumbering over to the other end of the bar. Rastaban spared him a brief glance and half-smile (predictable) before reaching into his pocket and producing an old fashioned map. He flicked it open to show it to the cute cat girl. "Look at this. Supposedly there's a tiny moon here-abouts, uncharted and unexplored. There could be all sorts of things there. New plants, maybe? New metals? What do you say?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »
Amelia had been sort of oblivious to the world around her for a little while, she was about halfway through her glass when she felt an arm drop around her shoulders. She visibly shifted her shoulders raising slightly and one hand moving to rest on her gun. She could have blown the person away but in a bar people always get handsy. Especially with a girl who had a few cat parts.

She looked up at the person with his arm around her who let a map unroll in front of her. She covered it with her hand a slight hiss in her mouth.

"You don't want to go around opening a map on this bar unless you want to fight five other groups of pirates to get to what you're gettin after." She relaxed and rolled it up a little and pointed towards a booth back in the corner. She looked at the bartender with a smile, her fangs showing slighty and she was completely aware of it.

"Can I get a new drink in about ten?" She smiled and tipped him as he watched her walk away her hand holding lightly onto the rest of the map who had dropped the map. She sat down with her drink at a booth and let go of him.

"I'm Amelia." Her ears twitched on her head listening around the room to see if anyone was talking about the map. Luckily, it seemed most people hadn't been paying attention or were too drunk. "Sorry about the hissing, gut reaction."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »
Cat girls were so interesting. He took his hand away from her, trying to be peaceable while she hissed at him and covered up the map. The big guy's reaction he'd expected, the girl's? Well, actually, he'd expected her to slap him in the face. He was usually this bold, yes, although her comment about fighting five other groups of pirates made him glance first to one side, and then to the other.

"I'm new to this world. Did I mention that?" He wasn't as new as he might look, though. Yes, he'd only been playing pirate for about a year or two, but he did so enjoy it. Still, he hated most traditions (but he liked rum before the pirating life, yeah!) and if he wasn't allowed to approach complete strangers in a bar for fear of being fought, well... He would take that chance. He was somewhat a thinker, but he was more of an actor. Not so much the type who played on a stage, but more of a man who liked to do when he could. He allowed the cat girl to lead him by the map over to an out of the way booth. He watched her ears twitch with a smile, then went "serious" face when she looked back at him and introduced herself.

"Rastaban. And I don't mind. Hiss all you want." He gestured to the map now. "I knew if I showed this to somebody, I'd get a bite. Although you're right, it was a bit of a risk to flash it like that." But nothing ever happened without taking any risks. At least, nothing really exciting. He flattened it on the table and gazed at it. "Ever been around here? It looks like a small cluster of unexplored planets. Sounds kinda fun. Never know what we'll find. Maybe even get to fight space monsters. So what do you say? We can split the treasure. I'm not interested in much, really. Just a few little shiny things here and there."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:49:13 am »
The cat pirate looked at him for a moment, he was new he said. He knew where to go to pick up pirates though. So, he was aware of the life. She got a happier look to her face when he started to talk about the objective. She loved adventure, always had. She leaned a little closer looking over the map.

"Actually, I don't think I've been out there." She knew there surprise in her voice but space was endless. She was pretty sure no one could go everywhere. She took a sip on her drink, still staring at the map.

"It's intriguing for sure." Her hand touched the map for a minute. It would be nice to go out into the black again. It was hard to be still for her. She always ended up missing the sound of engines. The dark places in a ship that she could hide in. She looked up at him.

"I'm so in." She took another sip. "Tell me your plans." She had a little ship that she could get to places in. There was no way that little thing could fit two people though. "Do you have a ship? Anything else you need?" She was slipping into planning mode and it felt nice.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:42:27 pm »
The surprise in her voice surprised him. He hadn't expected to actually get his hands on a useful map. The idea of following that map to a place of untold wonder and possibly being the first people to lay eyes on it excited him in that ridiculous way a trip to an amusement park made a child giddy. He wanted to go and have fun. He loved the shiny things, it was true, but even more than that, it was the adventure that led him here--as a pirate--in the first place.

"Ah, I don't have a ship. Yet." He smiled, a hint of triumphant mischief in his eyes. "I have a lot of currency stashed away, though. If you know of a good ship for sale, point me that way. But if we have an all new ship, we'll need a crew, too. A captain. Supplies." The planning made him just as giddy. Was that sad? It was a matter of knowing who to talk to from here on out. "I might know a guy for the crew, but not sure he's captain material..."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:16 pm »
Amelia had an idea, an attractive one. She knew a few people that worked well together. They all had their own things to contribute to a crew. If Rastaban knew a person or two they could have their pull complement. She purred to herself at the notion, barely registering that she was doing so in front of him. Things were falling together so easily. That's how she liked to plan a trip.

"I know a few good people. They aren't from Cancer but we can get a hold of them easily." She thought for a moment. "You had the map, sometimes that makes a Captain." She leaned back in her chair with a smile pointed his direction. She stroked her lip for a moment.

"There's probably a ship for sale somewhere around the Cancer, one that could fit a worthy crew." She picked up her drink and took a long sip. She resumed stroking her chin as she thought.

"This could work out really well."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 04:23:19 pm »
"What sort of skills do these people you're thinking of have?" Rastaban wanted to know, really mulling it over. A whole new crew, a whole new ship. They might be starting some sort of revolution or something here. Or well, at least a new pirate crew, which was definitely very attractive. Or attracted this wandering pirate. The man Rastaban had been thinking of was a medic, so if these people she spoke of had complementary skills, they very well might just be onto something. He sat up a little straighter, clearly liking where this was going.

Looking at the map in a loving manner, as if it were a very young child or cute animal, he glanced up at Amelia with amusement. This was going well. But he couldn't believe she'd just said that. A map made a captain, eh? He tried to imagine himself leading a crew. Perhaps he had enough screws loose to qualify. And if he was purchasing the ship, he might as well make it official. He took a long drink and plopped it down on the table with a triumphant smile.

"I think we have ourselves a plan!" he proclaimed, no arguments. He then brought his mind to the next line of business. "So what sort of ship should we look into? I'm thinking something small, sleek, and fast."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:48:57 am »
"Well, one of the can hack and take care of computer things in a rather unique way." She'd let Duncan explain it himself, she never quite understood how that whole thing worked. She thought of how to explain Inali. She could see the kitsune in her mind, her knowledge alone was an amazing addition to any crew.

"The girl well...she's priceless basically. You might never believe me if I told you. She can get a crew out of any sort of muck-up." She thought of Taros. "Then there's one other guy...he's...well he's a weapon genius." She leaned back against the booth and picked up her drink.

"And me...well I can figure out how to fly just about anything." She smiled to herself. "Plus, I'm a hell of a graceful fighter. Which...even if we think we don't need it we will." She took a sip of the screwdriver and then smiled at Rastaban.

"...Cap'n." She grinned, seeing the fire in his eyes. She knew it was in her own as well. They were ready to take on space. When he said they might need something sleek and fast she purred and set her glass down.

"Sounds sexy."

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:36 am »
"All right then." Rastaban smiled in satisfaction as he listened to the skills of his new crew. They all sounded fascinating and he was already picturing it. They would go out, voyage into the deep beyond, and find things nobody else had the guts (or the maps) to bother seeking. A lot of people were more obsessed with making money than anything else. Those people either became fat merchants or they were the ruthless pirates. The crazy ones, those were the fun ones. He was only mildly surprised to realize he might just become one of those.

"All right. We got ourselves a hacker, a lucky people person, a weapons master, and a pilot. Guy I'm thinking of is a medic. And I..." He paused, taking a drink and then grinning after he'd swallowed. "I guess I'm a Cap'n."

He agreed that the ship he was thinking of would be sexy. He wanted a good looking ship, and he wanted something fast so they could out-run and out-maneuver any trouble they ran into. He wasn't about fat loot, though he'd let the others be greedy if they wanted to be. He was all about the sense of adventure.

"How soon can you get this crew together?" He was going to look into ships first thing tomorrow.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 04:24:33 am »
Amelia nodded as he listed off each person. She had that edginess already. She felt that building up of needing to get and go, that want to skedaddle. She was smiling wider and wider.

"Well, maybe about a week for them to get here?" She thought for a moment then slid a phone out of one of her pockets. She set to start typing up a few e-mails.

"I'm not sure where they all are at the moment." She explained as to why it might take a little longer. She outlined the ideas in the e-mail and took a picture of the map sending it off to the three contacts. She locked the phone and slid it back into her pocket, then sighed and pulled it back out again.

"Can I get your number...Captain?" She purred Captain at him. She couldn't help it really, she always had a thing for Captains. Just knowing he was one made him more interesting and more attractive. She also knew he would be her Captain, which made it even better.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 07:26:37 pm »
"A week," he repeated. Right now, a week felt like an eternity when he was ready to move out right now! However, the week would give him the time he needed to properly look for and purchase a decent ship, get it looked over, and make sure they didn't get a dud in the process. He let out a soft laugh as she took her phone back out after having just had it in her hands.

"Yes," he said with a smile and a flirtatious quick of the eyebrows. "You can have my number." He plucked the phone from her hand. It'd be easier to input it in himself, rather than dictating all the information verbally. He was fairly comfortable with technology, so it was easy to figure out how to add a contact. He put in his name and number and handed the phone back to her with a wink. "Now you've got to give me yours."

He pulled out his phone and held it up.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 05:55:51 pm »
She grinned as he grabbed the phone from her. She checked the desire to grab his wrist when she saw what he was doing. He was quicker than she had given him credit for just looking at him. She let the phone slide into her hand when he handed it to her and gave her a wink. He was too cute.

She snatched the phone from him clicking around for a moment through his contacts to see if he knew anyone she knew before putting her own phone number into the phone's databanks. This had been a lucky night. She hoped it would continue on that way.

"There ya go, sir. Now it's just a matter of waiting." She Set his phone down on the table in the middle. She could think of some interesting ways to wait. She just wasn't sure if that was the best idea right now. She let out a breath slowly and stopped herself from say anything by taking another drink.

"You still want to hang around and drink some? Could be a good way to get to know each other." She smiled and shrugged acting sort of embarrassed by asking him, but that was an act. She felt somewhat confident that he'd want to stick around.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 01:34:55 am »
"I do," he said, and with a smile, he raised an arm to signal somebody over. "Can we get a couple more of these?" He gestured to what they'd already had.

Nice. Whatever else he could say about tonight, he'd be content with the fact that he'd just exchanged numbers with an interesting and cute girl. And as early as tomorrow, he could have a ship. And after that, even a crew. He'd occasionally dreamed of being a captain, but it was the first time it seemed an actual and real reachable goal. Taking his phone from the table, he slid it into his pocket once more. Yes, this was all working out very nicely.

"I once billed myself an explorer. It's about time I really was." He downed the last of his drink, waiting for another to take its place. "So, Amelia. Play any fun drinking games?"

The waiting game was a dull one. What better way to take the edge off than drink? And what better way to pass the time while drinking than playing a game or two...?

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 04:38:39 pm »
Amelia looked like the cat that got the canary when he agreed he'd stay. This was going to be a good night. She was determined. She was pretty sure nothing could turn it for the worst. Unless he was actually a psycho. She was positive he wasn't though. She read people fairly well. She'd met plenty of crazy people in her time and he didn't meet that criteria.

She smiled when he ordered drinks.

"Already taking charge huh?" She crossed her legs under the table and leaned forward slightly.

"Well, I guess there's always I Never." She shrugged, she didn't play drinking games often. She remembered when she was younger, which felt like millions of years ago now, she had hated truth or dare and games like that. It was kind of odd she didn't mind it so much now. She had more experiences to share now than then.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 04:33:12 pm »
"I Never..." Rastaban smiled slowly at the suggestion. It was a simple game, one that most anybody who knew their way around alcohol was familiar with. It was a revealing game, though. Some people balked at the idea of letting out certain secrets, although Rastaban didn't really care one way or the other. He could lie his face off, if he wanted to, and who would even know? He'd been known to take a drink when he really shouldn't have, just to avoid questions. That was strictly against the rules, but he usually only did so in very large groups. Half the time, he observed, everybody was flubbing. But he supposed he could play nice for Amelia. Depending.

"Okay." He rested his chin in his hand for a moment. Their drinks were delivered and he drew it closer in preparation. "I guess I'll start us off then. I've never worn a bra."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 07:30:37 am »
Amelia thought maybe she made a mistake about I Never when she saw the slow smile on his face. He looked infinitely pleased. Normally she liked a man to look pleased when he was around her but the look on his face was something else. He was more than pleased. She returned the smile. She felt mischievous and he looked the same.

"I'm glad you like the idea. Though I think I may have gotten myself into trouble by suggesting it." She stuck her tongue out at him.

She pulled her tongue back into her mouth when a waiter came with the drinks. She took her drink into her hand and nodded at the person who delivered them. That was one good thing about this place being slightly old fashioned. The people who worked here would still deliver drinks to a table. That was hard to find in a bar in most places.

She turned her eyes back to Rastaban and he was calculating. She could just see it in his eyes. She chuckled and called after the waiter.

"You better keep these coming." The waiter turned to look at her and gave her an OK with his hands, If this turned out to be really fun maybe they would switch to shots at some point. If she was feeling like being dangerous. She smirked at Rastaban then he did the bra thing.

"Oh! Well, that's not fair. I'm obviously wearing one right now." She pointed towards her chest and then took a long drink. She looked at him for a moment trying to measure him up. To decide if she could figure out the answer on her own. Then she gave up, that's what the game was for anyway!

"I've never worn boxers."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 01:33:40 am »
Rastaban was such a cheater, it was true. The first thing that had popped into his mind was how to get her to take a drink without having to take one himself. It was the name of the game, wasn't it? Who didn't try to get the other person to drink themselves under the table while they remained relatively sober themselves? Exactly. He merely smiled some more as she seemed to regret her choice in drinking games. Approval was when his eyes as Amelia asked their server to keep the drinks coming. She was no lightweight, was she? Didn't she just seem fully prepared for this? That only served to amuse him all the more.

He lifted his head, appraising her. Boxers, hm? He smirked right back at her before taking a drink. "I'm not wearing any right now, though," he told her, leaving the rest to her imagination. Or her next I Never. He eyed her for a moment, trying to settle on his own. Nobody could ever keep this game clean--he didn't care what sort of lies others told. It was simply impossible. The drunker the participants became, the dirtier it got, too.

"I've never had a one night stand." He raised his eyebrows at her in challenge.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 01:46:08 pm »
She snuck a drink as he was taking his for the boxers question. She'd been known to steal a man's shirt and boxers before. The things were so damn comfy. Plus she thought it looked hot as hell on her. Most men agreed. She Arched a brow at him when he said he wasn't wearing any right now though. Interesting....very interesting. She smirked at him archiving that away in her brain.

Then he asked the one night stand question. She looked sideways. Amelia wouldn't call herself a...well....a slut. She was fairly impulsive and had quite a few experiences. She chuckled and took a drink.

"What can I say sometimes I think with my dick." She laughed and leaned back in the booth some getting comfortable. The room around them was starting to get a little fuzzy at the edge of her vision. Now, what could she ask him. The one night stand question was a good one. The problem was anything dirty she would ask she had a good chance of having to drink for. So sue her, she liked to try new things.

"I've never had sex in the cockpit, even though it's so appropriately named." She grinned at him. She really hadn't. She'd just never gotten the chance to do so.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal