Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: By the Way (shinigamikitsune~)  (Read 579 times)

Anonymous

By the Way (shinigamikitsune~)
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:40 pm »
Damn they were persistent! Day three and still he was on the defensive, unable to take his normal routes, unable to go to his typical hangouts...ugh, how annoying. So where to today? Well, there were parts of town he was unfamiliar with, and this did give a good reason to go and check them out..

Not to mention that he might not get kicked out of some of the bars?

Two hours later and he was beginning to realize he was oh so wrong. Nope, still carded. Thoughts were starting to wander back home once the fun of walking about wore off, but...maybe here, one last place-- one last try. He didn't see the name, or not fully at least. The sign? Burnt out for the most part. Ah, well, that wasn't going to stop him! And so onwards he went, easing the door open rather carefully, as if he was trying not to startle anyone. So what would this place have to offer?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

shinigamikitsune

Re: By the Way (shinigamikitsune~)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:49:54 pm »
It was just like any other night for him. A short gig at a small bar, where maybe a third of the people would pay attention to what he was playing, if he was lucky. He wasn't counting those who would be drunk out of their minds though, since they'd probably wouldn't remember most of the night anyways.

When is was time, Iolani took to the stage, dressed in a variant of his usual stage cloths. They consisted of a light blue kimono style top that had black trim with silver embroidered tigers and lotus flowers on it. The top ended about mid thigh, with side slits that came up almost to his hips. Thefastenings on the inside were to keep it closed without the use of an obi. The back of the kimono top hung down just enough to give his cute little black wings room to move with ease. A belt was worn to give the illusion that it helped keep the kimono closed and was black leather with silver chains draped with it. The buckle was flat silver with a bright pink bunny head siluette with cross bones underneath. He also wore tight black pants that had slits of material removed from up the sides and held together with criss crossing leather strings. On his feet were platform boots that went up to his knees, laced up all the way with bright pink laces.

His make-up for the night was black eyeliner applied thickly with charcoal grey eyeshadow that had hints of green in it to help illuminate his deep green eyes. He'd painted the inner part of his lips green while linning the outter half with black, and applied a shiney clear gloss that would keep it all in place. Although his hair wasn't too long, there was enough to put it up into a bun, which was held in place with black laquered chopsticks, which held tiny silk bright blue flower strings hanging down from the thicker ends. (I know this description if pretty much yanked from another thread, but it's his stage cloths. I'll work on sticking it in his profile later.)

With his stuffed red lion, Marli, attached to his guitar strap, he made his way to the stage. The bass was a matte black pearl in color, and held lovingly in his arms. Aside from Marli, this was his most prized possesion.

As he took to the stage, he was greeted by the usual cat calls. It was nothing new, and he had long ago learned to ignore most of them. The lights focused on him, and it was show time. With a single deep breath, he began to play. Sometimes it was hard to perform on solo as a bass player, even if he did sing as well, but it was all worth it. He loves music and would do whatever he could in order to keep playing.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 03:21:03 pm »
He didn't notice at first, being too busy with just studying most of the surroundings and keeping out of the way. Once the whistles started and the lights shifted focus?

"Hm?" He paused on his trek to an out-of-the-way table, blinking at what he saw on stage. Huh, interesting. The odd outfit got his attention, but the music kept it-- for a few long moments he just stood there, listening, before finally moving to the closest seat, regardless of how hidden or not it would make him.

Had he heard this song before? That occupied half of his thoughts currently, head tilted ever-so-slightly off to the side as he tried to recall...the kid seemed familiar, though, that was for sure. Another performance elsewhere? Might have been last week, before he got kicked out of the one club..

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:10:11 pm »
Iolani was putting on his usual performance, though he did tone down his usual amount of stage flirtation and hip gyrations. He wasn't all in the mood to deal with grabby fans and drunks tonight. The set lasted about 20 minutes, having been a short one this night. He dissappeared back stage for a few minutes, before coming back out and over to the bar.

While most people had gone back to their drinks and talking with friends, there were the usual couple that would stop and talk to Iolani on his trek to the bar. He spoke to those people for a couple minutes, blushing a little bit by some of the things they said, then finally managed to escape.

He was still holding Marli in his arms when he sat on the stool at the bar. The first drink he ordered was just some water. Needing to soothe his throat some and for the added hydration.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:58 pm »
He probably would have just gone back to looking around. He probably would've just shyed away from conversation and kept out of anyone's immediate attention. But damn it, he was so close by! And Mike was curious. Too curious.

"You wander? I've seen you before, or at least I'm sure I have." His tone was low, uncertain..but curious. An eyebrow was raised as he watched him, and he kept where he was otherwise, just a short distance away at his little table.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:32 pm »
Iolani finished taking a sip of his water when he heard somebody speaking. Turning on the stool a bit, he looked in the direction of where the voice was coming from. Giving a little nod before replying. "I've played in various places, though mostly small bars like this one. I usually play three of four different places a week, so you most likely have seen me around before."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:15 pm »
"Thought that song was familiar!" Ah, his mood seemed to brighten. Or at least briefly. Okay, okay, don't make a scene. He leaned against the table, scratching at the back of his head. "You're pretty good," yeah, like he hasn't heard that before.

Bit of an awkward pause. "The shows pay well?" He glanced to where the performance had been, thinking. Though he seemed to shrug it off-- still he waited for an answer.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:04:50 am »
Iolani gave a little smile to the man. He liked it when people were familuar with his music, even just a little bit. It means that he made at least some impression that they remembered. "Why thank you. It's always people enjoy my performances." At least the musical portion of it...

This guy didn't seem as though he was just saying things in order to pick him up or draw him close enough to sneak a feel or grope.

A little shrug was given at the question. "They pay enough to get me by. I mostly play to get my sound out there, and hopefully have the right person to hear my play one day... been hoping to be picked up by a band one day."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 10:57:41 pm »
"I know what you mean," He said softly, but he seemed to shrug the thought off. "Nobody has asked you yet? Or..any places in mind?" Surely someone had to be looking, right? Not that he honestly knew, but..it just seemed likely. 'least to him.

[ooc: um. damn it. short post. =< ]

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 03:02:54 pm »
Iolani gives a little nod. "I was offered a place in a band once... but it didn't work out. I ended up having to leave... which was for the best. About a week later the lead singer ended up having a bad overdose and died." He didn't feel any remorse for that person however. There were reasons why he had left the band, and it wasn't over anything as small as creative differences. As far as Iolani was concerned, the man had received his just rewards for what he had done to him.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 11:34:18 pm »
His immediate thought was to ask what band that might have been, but once he followed up with that last bit of information, Mike found himself falling into an awkward silence.

Alright, he wasn't going to let that last. After another moment, his gaze lifted again, having fallen on the table after that last statement. "Oh, right..I'm Mike by the way-- should've introduced myself earlier." Hopefully that would break the awkwardness?

He just kept that friendly smile, settling back against the seat to look around now as he thought. There were other things to ask, but he didn't want to bombard with questions, now-- he could wait. One at a time, one at a time.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 02:46:37 pm »
If there was any awkwardness felt, it was by Mike alone. Iolani knew full well the effects his last statement would have on most people, and most would drop the subject. It was not something that he liked talking about, so it was better off to kill it before any further conversation on it could happen.

He gave the man a soft smile in return, pleased that he didn't seem too put out. "It's nice to meet you Mike, I'm Iolani." The man seemed as though he wanted to ask other things, and he appeared nice enough. So he collected his glass of water and hopped down off the bar stool. Marli clutched securely in his free arm. "Mind if I join you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:43 pm »
"Go ahead!" That brightened his mood for sure, even sliding his chair aside to give him some room. ..There was plenty, of course, considering it was one person sitting at a round table made for at least four. As he watched him set the water down, his eyes fell to the table. He..lacked a drink. Attention shifted away as he started to glance about-- was there a waiter or anything of the like? Or should he go up to the bar?

"That's an interesting name," Head tilted slightly, though he kept glancing about-- he didn't seem to mean anything offensive by it. "It's nice to meet you, though." And with a grin, he leaned forward on the table and extended a hand, apparently giving up on his quest for a drink for the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal