Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Come to the Slaughterhouse, Little Lamb... (Rina!)  (Read 333 times)

Anonymous

Come to the Slaughterhouse, Little Lamb... (Rina!)
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:14:39 pm »
He hated paperwork. The totally unnecessary, arbitrary tasks that he'd done out in space for a few years (Just how much did the trade routes really need to be monitored by an actual Pilot? And blast it all, did they really expect him to find Teinar from space?) meant that he had a whole mountain of forms and figures to see to the moment he'd gotten back. While he'd tackled more than half of the boring paper trail since his return, there were still quite a few forms that still had to be tracked down, and most certainly would not appear on his desk without some serious effort on his part.

It really was stupid that he would have to fill out paperwork to get more paperwork. And so, Alden had decided to put a stop to it himself- go down to the offices, get all the damned paperwork at once, and get this done before he found himself bogged down in another three hundred pages or so for being late with his reports.

The steady, heavy footfalls echoed with each step, moving down the hall determinedly at first... but then growing hesitant and awkward after a time, eventually leaving him staring at three office doors. Most of his paperwork had been hand-delivered to him when he'd needed it, though he knew that these weren't going to be. And yet, he really didn't want to just bust into the wrong office. But at the same time, he justified, there was no way for him to know which one it was, anyway.

Time to play Russian Roulette with his honor.

Twisting one side of his black mustache for a second, Alden stared down the three doors, tapping his steel-toed boots for only a moment before he came to a decision--

<I can help, you know.>

His dragon, Jean had stepped into his mind again, tickling at his thoughts the way she always did. Trying to swat her away even though he knew it really wasn't going to work, he nevertheless did his best to get her away, anyway. He didn't need her help. It was just a matter of chance.

<You've got a 33% chance of success alone, but if you insist...>

Good. I like a little risk. Leave me alone, scaly bitch. His mental projection dripped with crassness that he didn't bother to hide from her. Even though she could dash him across the pavement at any time, she enjoyed when he was like this- it was like watching a kid throw a fit through soundproof glass. Even though she could hear him, it was still amusing to hear him act like this- she rarely got annoyed by mortal trifles, and this was no exception.

<Oh, that really hurt.> Jean sent a mental shrug, almost singing the words with all her sarcasm. <The secretary's name is Lamb. Be nice.>

Realizing that she knew what door he was going to kick anyway, he rolled his eyes and kicked in the door all the way to the right, having the utter nerve to strut in as if nothing was wrong even though he'd just caused...

<Transferring out 12,750 credits, my delightful little idiot.>

It was still worth it.

Approaching the brunette behind the counter, he sneered openly, his pearly whites shining out amiably even though his face looked like that of a wolf ready to swallow a small animal. What better to do with a cute little thing like this than rile her up a bit? Sure, he had no idea who she was, but if she was anything like the other female Pilots he'd met before, she oughta be a firecracker at heart.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. You've got somethin' of mine."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Come to the Slaughterhouse, Little Lamb... (Rina!)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:01:55 pm »
Lamb loved paperwork. Paperwork was safe. She knew where she stood with paperwork. It wasn't going to be all large and intimidating. Or yell at her. And she was very organized and she tended to like losing herself in her work. She liked it much better then the other things she could be doing. Like interacting with the other Pilots.

It was still strange for her to realize she was a Pilot. She was still so used to being a candidate. And they were all so big and scary and Lamb had always been rather timid. But she had managed to scrap through, having decent psychic abilities and a good mind for the number crunching, report side of being a Pilot.

It had been a rather normal day up until that point, filing and sorting and going over reports. She had a yellow highlighter in one hand, nose twitching as she read over a list, occasionally running the neon pen across a name.

When suddenly her door was kicked in, slamming against the far wall. Lamb jerked to her feet, eyes wide and frightened, her rabbit ears alert and standing straight up, letting out a high pitched, animal squeal of fear. As he got closer, Lamb retreated, her back running into the shelves that were behind her desk.

Shrinking back, Lamb groped for something, anything to use as a barrier between her and the rather frightening man. Her hand came in contact with the stack of papers and she snatched it up, clutching it to her chest like some strange security blanket. Her entire body trembled slightly as she fought the urge to just bolt, "I-I-I do-don't think I know what y-you want. S-sir..."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal