Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Techies dont hang out in bars! (Open)  (Read 649 times)

Anonymous

Techies dont hang out in bars! (Open)
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:35 pm »
A deep hearty laugh could be heard over the loud conversations and music of the bar. Deldrimor, enjoying himself with his group of rag-tag friends, was enjoying a fresh joke, completely unaware of the stares he was getting. He was a known techy, and was oddly dressed for such a place. He didnt care, and neither did his friends. He was just as wierd as they were.
As time passed by, Deldrimors group of friends dwindled as they got up and left with various reasons.
Soon, Deldrimor was left in the booth, relaxed with a mug of something-or-other in his hand, forgotten.
Deldrimor had nothing to do, no other engagements, what with his comm occupied with...various tasks of its own.

With a content sigh, he leans back, enjoying the familiar atmosphere of the bar
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Techies dont hang out in bars! (Open)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:23:14 pm »
ooc: Here goes!

ic:

She had been watching him for the majority of the night.  People were always fun to observe...the way each person interacted differently with others was intriguing, and it was always fun to try and interpret exactly how they'd react to certain situations.  Slowly the group had trickled down to this one person sitting alone in the booth.  Maybe not her usual crowd, but it was fun to branch out every once in a while.  After all, it wasn't every day that she got to interact with new people.  Everyone else was part of her crew and she had no more feelings for them than was appropriate for a Captain to have to her underlings.

Sure, she might be a little bit young to be a captain, but she was ruthless when she needed to be, and always knew when to put work over play.  When it came to her crew she did not fool around.  There was plenty of time after the voyage to take a break and have some fun.

Tipping her glass back she finished the last of her drink and threw down a couple of coins to cover the bill onto the bar.  Flipping her dark hair over her shoulder, she adjusted the straps of her blue top which hugged her curves and revealed a sliver of her tanned stomach before it was hidden again under black slacks and finished up with a knee-high boot.  Comfortable while still being sexy.  She wasn't about to go to a bar in the middle of a space station wearing stilettos and a short skirt.  After all, someone might recognize her (one could only hope her infamy had grown that much!) and she would have to run.  It would be terribly difficult to do if she was restricted by her clothing.

"Hey there," she addressed him while leaning her hip against the table, dark curls spilling across her shoulder as she leaned in toward the technician.

"I don't see your kind around these parts very often.  Your masters let you off your leash?" she laughed at her joke before sliding into the booth across from him, making sure the gun strapped inside of her boot was easily accessible.

Hey, you could never be too safe!  Even a simple looking guy, who looked like one of those geeky technicians no less.  He wasn't necessarily bad looking, but he didn't have the look of a soldier, and his eyes were intellectual so he obviously wasn't just a resident or anything either.

"I'm Kasha, by the way.  Can I buy you another drink?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:39:23 pm »
Deldrimor looked up to the newcomer. He wasnt opposed to people he didnt know coming up and chatting it up a bit. Especially if they were good looking.
Deldrimor motioned she was welcome to sit as he chuckled to her jest.
"Yeah, some techies prefer their comm to reality. Which I agree with, sometimes. On the other hand, I dont see much of your kind around either." he said vaguely. Let her imagination run with it.
"And you let out of the pound?" He joked back, referring to an old Earth metaphore. Some messages about that stuff has been going around, so he picked up on some of it.

"Nice to meet you Kasha. Deldrimor." he said with a slight nod, "But I think I'll have to pass on the drink." and held up the un-emptied mug.
Both hands on the table, clasped around the mug, he leaned his head back slightly, his chest rising as he took in a deep breath of the alcohol-filled air

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:58 am »
She laughed, a pure high note that seemed to sparkle with each undulating movement of her vocal folds.  Her voice, always smooth as silk, could slip its way through cracks in a stone wall and convince even the most stuffed shirt to open up.  Some people called it a gift, others magic, she just replied to those theories that she had years of practice and a shit-ton of luck on her side.

It was one of the reasons she kept command of her ship at such a young age.  They could always trust her to get them out of a sticky situation.  If her "god-send" of a voice (as some people called it) failed her, she had mastered the use of her pistol, as well as an assortment of other dangerous goodies she held on her person.  The beauty of this day and age was that she could wear form fitting clothing and still be able to hide things on her person.  The bracelet on her wrist was not merely decoration, but held tiny, spring loaded lances laced with poison should the occasion call for a quick escape.  She could activate the switch by simple running her fingers through her hair and pressing the release against her chin.

Now...it hadn't exactly been the best experience learning how to use the damn thing....she had been nursing small cuts and scrapes from the needles for months after she had started training.  At first she hadn't put the poison on them, but realized that it would be a better motivator if she put a light dose on the tips to keep her from accidentally sticking herself.

That had been fun.  Thankfully the only one who saw the brunt of that fiasco was her first mate.

"Oh, come now, I insist." she replied with a warming smile, raising her hand to call over an attendent, "Two of your special, on the rocks if you would be so kind."  she slipped the man some extra incentive and watched as he walked away, counting the absurdly large tip she had given him.

Always good to make connections!

"Ahh...my kind?" she asked, her deep brown eyes dancing with mirth.  Silently she hoped that this dweeb knew her!  That would mean her crew was finally earning the reputation they deserved!  Of course it would also denote a higher bounty on all of their heads, but it was so rewarding to hear the horror stories of the terrible pirate crew.  Perhaps one of her weaker points, but she loved hearing stories of herself and her crew.  It was like being flung into those fairy tales that her dear old mum use to tell her before Kasha went to sleep.

"Please, indulge me with what you see." She smiled again, reaching up to accept the drinks of the cool blue liquid that sloshed against he ice cubes in the two drinks he had brought.  In one graceful movement, she pushed the second glass towards Deldrimor and took a sip of her own drink.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:34:27 pm »
"Why, feme fatals, ofcourse." Deldrimor replied lightly, replacing the mug in his hand for the glass, though not drinking. He really wasnt much of a drinker. He preferred having a clear mind, for whenever the occasion arises that he needed judgement. Now was one of those occasions. Can ya blame him? A hot woman sitting down with him, buying drinks, and laughing at moderate jokes. Either Deldrimor had lost his mind, or she did.
He didnt complain, though.
"And what of you? What is it that you see, or dont, as it might be." he asked, just small talk, really.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 06:21:04 pm »
She couldn't help but loose a surprised chuckle as his assessment of her reached her ears.  Kasha had been called many things before, but femme fatale was certainly not one of them!  Not to her face at least.  She tried very hard not to use people too much...

Wait.

That was a blatant lie.

Correction:

Kasha tried not to use people romantically.  If she were about to have a one night stand, she made sure that all parties involved were aware of her intentions before anything went down.

Usually.

One could never be too certain about escapades after drinking for hours.  But by that point, if the smashed man of her choice didn't understand that it wasn't going to last, they were idiots and deserved to be laughed at.  Not that it really mattered, it wasn't as if she went around parading herself as a hussy, spreading her legs for the closest thing with a dick.  Lordy, she had a bit more integrity than that!  And she wasn't about to try and seduce this poor technician. Naaaah...what she really wanted was some company.

Kind of.

It was more of an obscure curiosity that made her come over and sit with him.  That and the power adapters on her ship had been doing some preeetty weird crap lately.  It didn't hurt to get a technician's opinion on the case...she herself didn't think there was anything really, terribly wrong with it...probably a loose wire or what-not....and perhaps this guy really would be intriguing to talk to?  She associated with all sorts of people and, despite her appearance, enjoyed an intellectual conversation as much as the next person.

Well...maybe not all people.  She had met plenty of people who she would consider "brainless" with the worst possible connotations.

"Femme Fatale!" She cried, laughing as she shook her head and took another swig of her drink, "Well don't worry, I'm not planning on seducing anyone back to my private chambers tonight." she winked at him from over top her glass before placing it back on the table, both hands wrapped around it as she looked at him.

"As for you...hmmm.....I would say that the thing that I see most is intellect.  You get a lot of people who's eyes just look dead as if nothing but dust lingers in between their eyes and their thick skulls.  You can always tell the people who have good stories to tell.  Their eyes are brighter.  And you," she inclined her head toward her companion, "Have that light."

Leaning back, she crossed her legs and grinned.  "So, my dear intellectual Deldrimor, what is it that you do upon this big metal floating building in the sky?"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 06:37:03 pm »
Deldrimor couldnt help but laugh along with Kasha. Why not? It was his joke.

Intellectual? Mmmm...well, maybe, thats a matter of opinion.

"Sky? Hardly. Some would say that space is the univers' ground. Those would be idiots, but they still say it." he chuckled before continuing, "I do allot of things. Want a list? Oh, you mean jobs? I think my official position is 'in-comm system analysis upkeep and monitoring'. But I just say I'm a cyber technician."
He didnt say anything about the "light in eyes", since some of his friends tend to have "a light" of different sorts in their eyes, most of the time caused by drinking. Just before they pass out, the light goes, which always makes Deldrimor laugh.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »
Kasha listened to her new companion, feeling slightly disappointed when he told her his assumed title.  It didn't sound as if this guy was one that put on a space suit and went out to work on the station itself.  That was a shame...she supposed that her own ship would have to wait.  And of course, it didn't matter really, meeting people didn't have to mean she got something big out of it.  Hell, she could easily just enjoy the company she had with him for an hour or so and then go on her merry business out into the big wide universe.

"Well that would be silly" she agreed, tipping her head to the side with a grin, "After all, there really is no ground out here.  I mean...stars and such sure, but you can't call floaty airy the universe's ground!" a clear laugh emitted from her lips as she chuckled at her own joke.  "Of course, it does open up a lot of space" hahaha, punny!

"That is a very long title" she added, "Do you go by ICSAUM instead?  I've heard that the more letters you have in your abbreviated title the better your job!  You could walk around claiming to be the head of the company with that length."  She chuckled again and took a sip of her drink

It was a strong liquor, and she could feel it burn her throat as the cold liquid went down.  It warmed her fingers as well as put a nice red hue in her tanned cheeks.  All in all, it was a look that many women tried to get with masses of pressed powders and lots of painful pinching.  After this drink, Kasha knew that she was done for the night.  She enjoyed having a good time, but not so much that she would forget her name and everything that happened at night.  It was stupid, especially when she might have to run at a moments notice, jump aboard her ship and get the hell out of here!

"C'mon" she chided him, waving her hand to the untouched glass by him, "It won't kill you." she added a wink at the end of her sentence, "You'll make me feel like a lush."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:19:40 pm »
"Like I said, drunks or loonies." Deld replied, "And yes, it does open a lot of space."

"ICSAUM is too long for my taste. I prefer cyber techie." he said after a resounding laugh. He wasnt even sure if that was his title.
"Not much of a drinker. I like to keep a clear head, and all that." he answered cooly, a smile still lingering, "Though its fun on occasion. So, whats the occasion?" and took a sip. It was the warm sensation that always got him. Sure, a hang-over is a big put-down, but the warm feeling was always..awkward...a little unsettling.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 11:53:10 am »
She chuckled again, "I guess it is a bit of a mouthful, huh?" she asked with a grin, chocolate eyes sparkling with mirth.  It was fun, talking to this guy.  He was so clearly uncomfortable with her....probably because she did appear to be a "femme fatal" like he had claimed earlier.  She supposed that techies normally weren't the focus of "pretty girls" or whatever.

Meh.

Didn't really matter to her.

In fact...the less worldly this guy was, the less chance she'd get caught in the space station.  It might be...awkward....exp laining herself to the security guards that patrolled each sector.  Hell, what was she thinking?  She wouldn't even have time to explain, they'd probably shoot on sight or seize and retain.  It wouldn't be pretty, that was certain.  And anyone found interacting with her would immediately be suspect to.

Which meant Deldrimor.

Taking another sip, movement out of the corner of her eye caught her attention.  The guy she had slipped the huge tip was pointing over toward their table, his other hand held up the large sum for two larger men to see.  It didn't look good...in fact, it looked like she had been recognized.

Damn.  There goes her fun...

She glanced in their direction and then back at her newly met companion.  What to do, what to do?  She could just up and run...but that would leave Deldrimor in a pickle....he might loose his job or something...

But was that her problem?  She could easily get away...

Or.....

"I want you to stand up slowly and walk towards that door" she indicated with her head, using her movement to grab the gun strapped to her leg and flashing it above the table just enough that he could acknowledge it.  "After that we're going to run towards the west loading dock.  Understood?"  Her tone was completely different now, eyes narrowed and calculating as she tried to formulate plan over plan in case things went awry.

The two guards started moving towards their table.

"Go."

Standing, she waiting until he rose and went to his side, making sure that he was the one closest to the guards.  On his other side, she grabbed his hand and twined her fingers in his.  It wouldn't look suspicious to anyone, and a fight would be less likely to break out in this crowded area.

"No funny business and I won't shoot you."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:01 pm »
To say he was confused would be an understatement. Oh, he noticed large sums of money being excanged, and Kasha's sudden need to get the heck out of there.
'Crap' was his thought as he stood, wondering if he would be a human shield. Sure, it was handy, but not when its a real life in danger. Especially his own life.

Oh, the gun worried him, but not as much as two men, suredly having larger, bigger, more painful guns. On top of it, instead of a gun to his back, Deldrimor found his own hand being grabbed. Talk about awkward.

"I suppose you will either have to kill me if you told me whats going on, or its better I dont know." He whispered to her, pretending there was nothing out of the ordinary. Funny how it started that way, and became the polar opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal